June 25, 2024, 07:00:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: ADD THE DYNAMIC POS REWARDS?
YES
NO
MAYBE

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 【ANN】【SHOPX】★ 365K TOTAL Coins ★ Bittrex/Poloniex ★ PEW! PEW! PEW!  (Read 57057 times)
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:46:43 PM

Ah, the ol' "My cousin is going to give you all a bunch of money for no reason" scam.

Another bunch of people that deserve to be scammed.  Come on, guys.  

I agree, except maybe not deserved to be scammed, but when you think about it he's right in a lot of ways. You are absolutely asking for it.

The cousin is going to just buy the coins for 400000 sat? Have any of you guys asked yourself why he would do that?

That's why so many people get scammed around here. You simply are asking for it.

- First it was a company was going to invest.

- When that didn't work, then it was a million dollars.

- When that didn't work, then it was they are going to buy coins, that they could buy for 20,000, or much less, before the announcement, now for 400,000 sat. That worked, and people started buying the coin, so of course the price went up. Why? Because people want to believe it. They are actually getting off on the dream that they will have 5, 10, or 15 to 20 BTC, or whatever it may be at 5:00.

- Just the fact that someone is telling them this, gives them the dream. So they pay and mostly know it is not going to happen. They just want to live the dream, like they are paying to be excited that they will have these thousands of dollars soon.

- I find it so hard to say people deserve to be scammed, but they are really just paying $10, $20, $50, or $100, just so they can add it up on the calculator and feel the excitement of looking at that number that someone has PROMISED that they will have.

- Some feel they have to pay in, just on the slight chance it might be real.

- It is actually very interesting. This is such a glaring example why scams are so rampant in crypto. People just want to know that they have this "chance" to get money for nothing.

People start off thinking, well it might be possible, then they convince themselves that it is true because they want it to be true so bad.
It's starting to make me think that to get rid of the scammers, we need to get rid of the "demand" of people that are asking to be scammed.

Looking at it this way, we will see the "supply" of scammers go down, when the "demand" to be scammed goes down.

This is completely asking for it (demand) because there is ZERO actual reason to believe that this is actually true. None of it. Not one part of the story adds up. But people are still paying money to be a part of this scam.

1. Some of you have a serious problem because you have really convinced yourself it's true when all logic shows otherwise.

2. Some of you think it's a scam but you are throwing a little bit of your money in the pot, just in case, reality defies all logic and the money shows up via a 400,000 sat buywall.

3. Some of you are just not intelligent enough to put all the logical pieces together, and are simply not smart enough to see that it is a lie.

4. Some of you are just to new to crypto. You can't tell what pieces are what, in the first place, simply because you are not educated enough on what you are being told, to know the difference and therefore be able to use your brain in a logical way to make an informed decision.

As long as we have these 4 types of people here, this will "attract" people that are scammers to come here, and continue to come up with different creative ways to steal peoples money.

This is just such a clear and simple example of a scam, it is just incredible that it's working to someone who does not fall into one of the 4 categories described above.

If I leave a $100 dollar bill taped to the trunk of my car, and go into Wal-mart and go grocery shopping for an hour, do I "deserve" to have the $100 taken from me? No. I don't think so. But at the same time, being so careless with your money, do you "deserve" to have it there when you come out of the store? It's an interesting question. Should you have to keep your money "protected" or you lose your right to have it? No. I don't think so.

But you are basically asking for the $100 to be stolen. And if everyone keeps taping $100 dollar bills to the back of their car, and leaving it in the parking lot for an hour, you can bet that there will ALWAYS be MANY people there, just for the sole reason that they know that the money is there for the taking.

And now we call the Wal-mart parking lot a Scammer-Cesspool because you can't just leave your money sitting out in the open unattended for the taking?

When the 4 types of people above are reduced, the scammers present will be reduced and magically the Wal-mart parking lot will be a "nice" place again.

It's very interesting that's for sure.

Chris001, thanks for a nice start of the discussion and really good arguments.
Now having said all that, you also mentioned in this topic that you did made a nice and chunky 800% gain trading this coin. Can you then explain why did you take the risk of playing this coin, knowing all what you have just said?

Sure, I bought out c-cex all the way up to 5000 sat when the BCTS Dev said that Shopx would be listed at Bittrex within 24 hours. I figured the exposure from being listed on Bittrex would make the coin do much better than 5000 sat, especially because I noticed that the original shop was at 10,000 sat at one point. I figured that shopx would do even better, seemed like a no brainer, I was shocked for awhile when shopx was at 2000 sat.

Wasn't happy at all lol. But ya win some, lose some.

My guess is BCTS invested money and wants that money back, sick over getting to big exchange and shopx flopping. I feel bad for BCTS. But at the same time it could have took off, but it didn't.

As explained above many things were done to pump the coin, obvious PUMPIMG, what finally worked was the promise of the buy wall. I sold at between 35,000 to 40,000 just the other day. I wasn't paying close enough attention. I have a lot going on. Anyway, until I seen the countdown I thought there really was a company. I did no research till then. Once I seen the countdown, I was like huh, this is REALLY PUMPING. That's when I started reading the thread in more detail, learned it was a cousin, the CEO, had to be approved by the board, ETC. ETC. Found out the countdown was for this Buywall, I was like holy shit, none of this shit is for real at all lol.

I should have been paying closer attention, but that's what I get for not keeping up on the shit. I thought when I seen the value going up on Bittrex, in my wallet, it was because of the deal. I thought it was real, and people were ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTION that were more invested in the coin than me.

When I seen the countdown, and the 10x your money guaranteed, I was like holy shit and happy I could sell out at 35 to 40. I got lucky. Its a scam if you actually look at it. Totally obvious. I didn't even keep 1000 or 100 or 1 just in case, its gonna tank after 5:00.

that is exactly why i sold my majority because no real dev pumps the way he does. bcts may just see it ain't gonna work out so he is bailing. not the first a good dev abandons a coin
speedy1987

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:51:26 PM

3 more hours from now, right?
nfox

Activity: 462

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 05:58:43 PM

3 more hours from now, right?

Yup, 3-4 hours.
b00s624

Activity: 322

-----------✄----------

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:00:17 PM

We need more investitors into this coin

Crypto_Junkee

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:07:14 PM

No one wants to invest in this coin right now.  If you want investors, this "company" will have to be shown to truly exist.

If BCTS ends up pulling this off and it isn't a scam, you will see a MAD RUSH to buy up all the SHOPX coins on the market.  I mean it will be crazy.  If he's using this opportunity to basically leave the coin and we don't ever hear from him again starting at 5pm, then this coin will sink to oblivion.  

This day and age, Everyone is skeptical of everyone and everything in crypto.  It's the straight up 21st century version of the Wild West.  No one trusts devs, and no one trusts coins.  
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:08:28 PM

No we don't.... We have 1 in a few hrs

cryptzo

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 06:21:06 PM

Ah, the ol' "My cousin is going to give you all a bunch of money for no reason" scam.

I agree, except maybe not deserved to be scammed, but when you think about it he's right in a lot of ways. You are absolutely asking for it.

The cousin is going to just buy the coins for 400000 sat? Have any of you guys asked yourself why he would do that?

That's why so many people get scammed around here. You simply are asking for it.

- When that didn't work, then it was they are going to buy coins, that they could buy for 20,000, or much less, before the announcement, now for 400,000 sat. That worked, and people started buying the coin, so of course the price went up. Why? Because people want to believe it. They are actually getting off on the dream that they will have 5, 10, or 15 to 20 BTC, or whatever it may be at 5:00.

- Just the fact that someone is telling them this, gives them the dream. So they pay and mostly know it is not going to happen. They just want to live the dream, like they are paying to be excited that they will have these thousands of dollars soon.

- I find it so hard to say people deserve to be scammed, but they are really just paying $10, $20, $50, or $100, just so they can add it up on the calculator and feel the excitement of looking at that number that someone has PROMISED that they will have.

- It is actually very interesting. This is such a glaring example why scams are so rampant in crypto. People just want to know that they have this "chance" to get money for nothing.

People start off thinking, well it might be possible, then they convince themselves that it is true because they want it to be true so bad.
It's starting to make me think that to get rid of the scammers, we need to get rid of the "demand" of people that are asking to be scammed.

Looking at it this way, we will see the "supply" of scammers go down, when the "demand" to be scammed goes down.

This is completely asking for it (demand) because there is ZERO actual reason to believe that this is actually true. None of it. Not one part of the story adds up. But people are still paying money to be a part of this scam.

1. Some of you have a serious problem because you have really convinced yourself it's true when all logic shows otherwise.

2. Some of you think it's a scam but you are throwing a little bit of your money in the pot, just in case, reality defies all logic and the money shows up via a 400,000 sat buywall.

3. Some of you are just not intelligent enough to put all the logical pieces together, and are simply not smart enough to see that it is a lie.

4. Some of you are just to new to crypto. You can't tell what pieces are what, in the first place, simply because you are not educated enough on what you are being told, to know the difference and therefore be able to use your brain in a logical way to make an informed decision.

As long as we have these 4 types of people here, this will "attract" people that are scammers to come here, and continue to come up with different creative ways to steal peoples money.

This is just such a clear and simple example of a scam, it is just incredible that it's working to someone who does not fall into one of the 4 categories described above.

If I leave a $100 dollar bill taped to the trunk of my car, and go into Wal-mart and go grocery shopping for an hour, do I "deserve" to have the $100 taken from me? No. I don't think so. But at the same time, being so careless with your money, do you "deserve" to have it there when you come out of the store? It's an interesting question. Should you have to keep your money "protected" or you lose your right to have it? No. I don't think so.

But you are basically asking for the $100 to be stolen. And if everyone keeps taping $100 dollar bills to the back of their car, and leaving it in the parking lot for an hour, you can bet that there will ALWAYS be MANY people there, just for the sole reason that they know that the money is there for the taking.

And now we call the Wal-mart parking lot a Scammer-Cesspool because you can't just leave your money sitting out in the open unattended for the taking?

When the 4 types of people above are reduced, the scammers present will be reduced and magically the Wal-mart parking lot will be a "nice" place again.

Now having said all that, you also mentioned in this topic that you did made a nice and chunky 800% gain trading this coin. Can you then explain why did you take the risk of playing this coin, knowing all what you have just said?

Sure, I bought out c-cex all the way up to 5000 sat when the BCTS Dev said that Shopx would be listed at Bittrex within 24 hours. I figured the exposure from being listed on Bittrex would make the coin do much better than 5000 sat, especially because I noticed that the original shop was at 10,000 sat at one point. I figured that shopx would do even better, seemed like a no brainer, I was shocked for awhile when shopx was at 2000 sat.

My guess is BCTS invested money and wants that money back, sick over getting to big exchange and shopx flopping. I feel bad for BCTS. But at the same time it could have took off, but it didn't.

As explained above many things were done to pump the coin, obvious PUMPIMG, what finally worked was the promise of the buy wall. I sold at between 35,000 to 40,000 just the other day. I wasn't paying close enough attention. I have a lot going on. Anyway, until I seen the countdown I thought there really was a company. I did no research till then. Once I seen the countdown, I was like huh, this is REALLY PUMPING. That's when I started reading the thread in more detail, learned it was a cousin, the CEO, had to be approved by the board, ETC. ETC. Found out the countdown was for this Buywall, I was like holy shit, none of this shit is for real at all lol.

I should have been paying closer attention, but that's what I get for not keeping up on the shit. I thought when I seen the value going up on Bittrex, in my wallet, it was because of the deal. I thought it was real, and people were ACTUALLY PAYING ATTENTION that were more invested in the coin than me.

When I seen the countdown, and the 10x your money guaranteed, I was like holy shit and happy I could sell out at 35 to 40. I got lucky. Its a scam if you actually look at it. Totally obvious. I didn't even keep 1000 or 100 or 1 just in case, its gonna tank after 5:00.

Actually it was never said that there was going to be a buywall at 5pm. In fact, it was never said there was definitely going to be a buywall at all. It was said that the company was going to purchase 100k coins over the course of 48 hours after the announcement. Apparently it was asked what would happen if they couldn't buy 100k coins, and the response was effectively a *350k* buywall. Not a 400k one. 400k is where they apparently want to hold the price.

Funny, for all the darts you've thrown here, you've missed these key points... and the obvious fatal dart you could have thrown. Which is that most companies don't do corporate business over the weekend - when said buying is supposedly set to occur.

All said and done though, I see issues from both sides. The most likely scenario I can find? Real company most people haven't heard of yet trying to build a bigger consumer base through an inventive and innovative cryptocoin based rewards program. They'd have to be big enough to afford the sort of money that they're considering investing here (which isn't a lot in the corporate world, honestly), but small enough to benefit from this sort of tactic and to actually consider the idea from the 'CEO's cousin'. Basically small enough to need to be flexible and resourceful, but big enough to afford to actually do the sort of thing that's been proposed.

So I'm not expecting ebay/amazon/walmart/whatever. I'm expecting something closer to nextwerehouse/savinglots level.

bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:22:19 PM

No one wants to invest in this coin right now.  If you want investors, this "company" will have to be shown to truly exist.

If BCTS ends up pulling this off and it isn't a scam, you will see a MAD RUSH to buy up all the SHOPX coins on the market.  I mean it will be crazy.  If he's using this opportunity to basically leave the coin and we don't ever hear from him again starting at 5pm, then this coin will sink to oblivion.  

This day and age, Everyone is skeptical of everyone and everything in crypto.  It's the straight up 21st century version of the Wild West.  No one trusts devs, and no one trusts coins.  

we need solid proof that there is a investment not just a post saying deal is on. a delay would just send this right down i wouldn't even bother buying for a takeover
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:28:37 PM

Actually it was never said that there was going to be a buywall at 5pm. In fact, it was never said there was definitely going to be a buywall at all. It was said that the company was going to purchase 100k coins over the course of 48 hours after the announcement. Apparently it was asked what would happen if they couldn't buy 100k coins, and the response was effectively a *350k* buywall. Not a 400k one. 400k is where they apparently want to hold the price.

Funny, for all the darts you've thrown here, you've missed these key points... and the obvious fatal dart you could have thrown. Which is that most companies don't do corporate business over the weekend - when said buying is supposedly set to occur.

All said and done though, I see issues from both sides. The most likely scenario I can find? Real company most people haven't heard of yet trying to build a bigger consumer base through an inventive and innovative cryptocoin based rewards program. They'd have to be big enough to afford the sort of money that they're considering investing here (which isn't a lot in the corporate world, honestly), but small enough to benefit from this sort of tactic and to actually consider the idea from the 'CEO's cousin'. Basically small enough to need to be flexible and resourceful, but big enough to afford to actually do the sort of thing that's been proposed.

So I'm not expecting ebay/amazon/walmart/whatever. I'm expecting something closer to nextwerehouse/savinglots level.

good point which company has a meeting on the weekend. my local newsagents might do
HzE

Activity: 161

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:31:26 PM

Fud... fud everywhere =D
cryptzo

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 06:36:59 PM

Fud... fud everywhere =D

And yet the big wallets hold. What do they know that we don't? Hmmm... I wonder. Maybe that the dev is legit. Some inside info that would be. Roll Eyes

With that said, I am actually prepared to be scammed on this one. I just don't know. For me, it's a coinflip, and the most likely scenario is some shade of gray that isn't as stellar as everyone is hoping, but isn't actually a scam either. That's why I haven't dumped. I'm intrigued, and figure, what the hell.

I wouldn't advise investing anything you're not prepared to lose here, for sure. But I'm intrigued enough to take the bet that BTCS might be telling the truth here.

bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:39:45 PM

Fud... fud everywhere =D

And yet the big wallets hold. What do they know that we don't? Hmmm... I wonder. Maybe that the dev is legit. Some inside info that would be. Roll Eyes

With that said, I am actually prepared to be scammed on this one. I just don't know. For me, it's a coinflip, and the most likely scenario is some shade of gray that isn't as stellar as everyone is hoping, but isn't actually a scam either. That's why I haven't dumped. I'm intrigued, and figure, what the hell.

I wouldn't advise investing anything you're not prepared to lose here, for sure. But I'm intrigued enough to take the bet that BTCS might be telling the truth here.

you do know the rich list is not updated in real time
cryptzo

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 06:41:23 PM

Fud... fud everywhere =D

you do know the rich list is not updated in real time

No it's not, but if you click through to the wallets themselves, they are.

Chris001

Activity: 448

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:04:14 PM

I read 400,000 buywall and it was from BTCS. That's what i remember when I looked into the thread briefly.

I'm not throwing darts, trying to crash the price. Pointless gamble. Why?

I just don't buy it. Only way this is real, is if they are mapping out the scam pattern on purpose. If that's the case who knows what will happen. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. I'm just going by my gut and playing the numbers. If it looks like a duck method.
Nobody knows 100%.

The weekend point is a good one. I also remember the "company" being mostly focused on the arcade? Who really knows.

But I can usually spot a con a mile away, Im 99% sure it's bullshit. And I was wrong the other day lol. Either Im seriously slipping, or that 1% was used up in my book. I don't see lighting striking twice. But that's why I love this game.

My stance is still it's all smoke and mirrors, to recover some of the losses. I truly believe this dev started with the best intentions. That's what I'm picking up, by all the loyal supporters still around with all the shady antics.

But crypto is reading in between the lines, trying to predict the future, and none of us have a crystal ball, only forcasts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
cryptzo

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:14:10 PM

I read 400,000 buywall and it was from BTCS. That's what i remember when I looked into the thread briefly.

I'm not throwing darts, trying to crash the price. Pointless gamble. Why?

I just don't buy it. Only way this is real, is if they are mapping out the scam pattern on purpose. If that's the case who knows what will happen. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. I'm just going by my gut and playing the numbers. If it looks like a duck method.
Nobody knows 100%.

The weekend point is a good one. I also remember the "company" being mostly focused on the arcade? Who really knows.

But I can usually spot a con a mile away, Im 99% sure it's bullshit. And I was wrong the other day lol. Either Im seriously slipping, or that 1% was used up in my book. I don't see lighting striking twice. But that's why I love this game.

My stance is still it's all smoke and mirrors, to recover some of the losses. I truly believe this dev started with the best intentions. That's what I'm picking up, by all the loyal supporters still around with all the shady antics.

But crypto is reading in between the lines, trying to predict the future, and none of us have a crystal ball, only forcasts.

Oh no, I don't think you're trying to crash the price at all. I do think you ducked out early though. Following each possibility, and checking what evidence is available, the right moment to sell for someone that does think it is a scam has yet to come. I wont be delving into the labyrinth of thoughts I have on that one though.

Still, can't argue with the returns you actually saw though. Jumping ship at 10x is more than reasonable in the world of Crypto. If I was in your shoes, I'd have probably done the same, save that I'd have only sold half, made my profit, and let the gamble play out on free money. That's just me.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:27:49 PM

Anyone know any news yet?  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Karn

Activity: 434

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:30:39 PM

Anyone know any news yet?  Smiley

After 5pm, lets not start the witch hunt just yet

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
kcog1

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:47:22 PM

I guess the fate of this coin is gonna be decided today... The price is either gonna plummet or skyrocket. I'm debating on whether or not I wanna sell a portion of my holdings to limit the risk a bit...
cryptzo

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 08:07:25 PM

Wasn't this buying campaign suppose to start already 5 minutes ago?

5pm EST... about an hour from now. And no, the company announcement is supposed to come around that time. They're supposed to be buying up the coins over the next two days.

kcog1

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:14:07 PM

Wasn't this buying campaign suppose to start already 5 minutes ago?

5pm EST... about an hour from now. And no, the company announcement is supposed to come around that time. They're supposed to be buying up the coins over the next two days.

Yep realized I was an hour off right after I posted that!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: