Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:02:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Sold $1k worth of Bitcoins to... a Black Guy (gasp)  (Read 8058 times)
oceans

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:40:36 AM

Regardless of race at least you know this guy came through and you got the cash for the bitcoins. It's great to hear that your deal went through smoothly. This guy definitely had hit wits about him to snap up such a deal like that.

Congratulations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:02:45 PM

You "fkn white people" lot are just ignorant to our ignorance.

I made friends with one of my co-workers last year, was friendlier with him than anyone else - really comfortable. Worked in the same place 10 hours a day, 6-7 days a week, and we went out to a bar together, even. One day after around two months of knowing each other, he pulled out a picture of himself ~5 years ago, and I was looking at it really confused-like. I didn't even know who he was showing me a picture of, and I was doing this kind of preoccupied smile-and-nod motion because here was this clearly black guy with an afro. How was this guy relevant to me? All of the sudden, it dawned on me. "Hoooo-ly shit. You're black?!" Cheesy

I mean, there were only four black people I knew of on our shift of 400, there were only two in our high school of five-hundred (none I recall in elementary or middle school), and I'd never worked with "one of them" before, so... not a lot of opportunities to really understand, and it's drilled into our heads that we can't judge everyone by a few, but with Black History, BET, HBCUs - it seems they must be some kind of completely different people who eat water, wear shoes on their hands, and shit through their belly buttons, and I just can't treat someone truly normally unless I don't know that they're black, or old, or young, or gay, or female, or whatever else. Once I know it, then it's "oh, what's relevant to THEM?" -And I remember, that co-worker told me this before, and I didn't get it at the time - he was annoyed because people kept asking him what kind of rap music he liked. Cheesy
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:04:51 PM

Are you from the deep south by any chance? Lol!

Check out the racism there - anti-people from below the equator!
bitpump

Activity: 167
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:45:49 PM

"A new poll has found the most likely ethnic group to have heard about Bitcoin is (*drumroll*) Hispanic Americans.

When asked how much they had heard about Bitcoin, just 8 % of self-identifying white respondents to the survey by digital media company Morning Consult answered “a lot.” African-American respondents were similarly unfamiliar, with 7% saying they’d heard a lot about the cryptocurrency.

A staggering 21% of Hispanic-Americans , meanwhile, gave this answer, along with 22% of “other” respondents, many of whom are likely Asian.

Hispanic-Americans were by far the ethnic group most likely to say they would consider using Bitcoin themselves: 23% answered they were “very likely,” compared to 9% from African-Americans and “others” and just 5% from whites."

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112135/the-ethnic-group-that-knows-the-most-about-bitcoin-is-not-who-you-think-it-is
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 12:53:17 PM

So you post this story here?  lol, not to be that mean but this is a pretty racist story...

Didn't you think at all, hey what if he is on the forums too?
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:13:38 PM

Self proclaimed color blind superiority bullshit aside I am glad the OP got beyond their comfort zone. You tend to find out that good bad or otherwise people are just people. If you get all your information from television or the internet you are missing a lot about the world.

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:21:24 PM

I find it humorous so many people are taking this post seriously when it most likely is troll bait or comedy gold created by someone who isn't racist at all.

On a side note, most people are indeed subconsciously racist as culture, media, and society has created these biases within us. First step is to recognize this, than take steps to combat these cognitive biases.

Here is an amazing series of tests that will reveal your inner prejudices-
https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/selectatest.html

abercrombie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1159
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:28:30 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 10:31:02 PM by abercrombie

For the haters, I don't see the human race as one colorless melting pot.  We're like that cantina in Star Wars with all the aliens of various locations intermixing.  Need to recognize your own limitations and the cultural and physical gifts other races may bring to the table.  If I were ripped off by a white person, I have a feeling I could keep up chasing them for a few miles down the road.  As for a black guy, he'd out sprint me the first 100 yards.  If he chose not to run and just fight, my coordination would get me knocked on my ass.   Undecided

Thanks for the supporters, yes it was a challenge exiting my comfort zone.  Air High Fives!

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:36:52 PM

If I were ripped off by a white person, I have a feeling I could keep up chasing them for a few miles down the road.  As for a black guy, he'd out sprint me the first 100 yards.  If he chose not to run and just fight, my coordination would get me knocked on my ass.   Undecided

This is a master troll in action; thanks for the laugh good sir.

Fat Ronaldo

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:41:50 PM

Fkn white people.

You guys realize the story is most likely either a comedians attempt to be funny or a black man attempting to troll bait white people for a laugh.
Look at his sig,his post history, his username, the absurdity of his story and the images.

It looks just like he's trolling to me. If not, you need to get over your irrational fear of black people.

If the story is true he was likely not uncomfortable at all in meeting a black guy.

AKA being a racist.
ovais909

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:01:16 PM

Fkn white people.
*sigh* white Americans......worst white people..

Replace the word white with black in these sentences and I believe right now you would be getting attacked by hundred of people for being racist!!!!

it was sarcasm!!
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:04:21 PM

Y'all motherfuckers are RACIST!!!!!
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:31:28 PM

Fkn white people.

Replace the word white with black in these sentences and I believe right now you would be getting attacked by hundred of people for being racist!!!!

Ohhh stfu
CryptoPanda

Activity: 882
Merit: 302

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 04:12:59 PM

So, you want to convince us that you didn't get stabbed even once?
I call this story bulsh*t Smiley
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:52:00 PM

I have traded coin with black folks several times before
Hardly the groundbreaking news you are making this out to be...

It was completely outside his comfort zone though, he just needed to share it.
That and let's face it, there's many white people of differing builds who are from the suburbs that would have an issue meeting and transacting w/ a black person from the inner city. Then, when each other meet, the preconceived notion is either confirmed or disparaged by the way they carry themselves. But, I imagine most people of every ethnicity tend to steer away from others that appear dressed sloppily and/or presenting the image of a bum or ghetto person.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:01:41 PM

OP, how many coins have you sold him for $1000 Huh
Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:08:31 PM

Fkn white people.

Ohhh stfu

LOL this bitch/

Blackie got a mouth.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:09:32 PM

I dont get this story at all, why isnt it in off topic?
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 07:31:22 PM

This thread is awesome I laughed I cried.  I for one appreciate the honesty of the story the OP shared, hopefully it really happened, because that would make this even more awkward haha.
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2014, 08:48:20 PM

Abercrombie sounds pretty racist, from all angles. People are actually entertaining this guy's commentary? We all just got dumber....let's let this thread die!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: