Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:47:08 AM

No such thing as Karma as explained in religion:

kar·ma  (kärm)
n.
1. Hinduism & Buddhism The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.

There is a such thing as improving or worsening relations with people by exhibiting preferred or unpreferred behavior, who are the only agents to observe and interpret your actions in a similar fashion (and this is the same reason why the original concept of karma is impossible; no divine judge, or afterlife for that matter, can be known of.)  When you treat people in a way they wish to be treated, they typically return the behavior in kind.  OTOH, if you treat people in a manner they do not like, they will also return this behavior, whether an exact replica or simple avoidance.

The universe ain't gonna punish you if you kill a guy.  You don't have an increased chance of being struck by thunder or getting cancer for the act alone.  You do, however, have to deal with the ramifications of having ostracized yourself from the rest of common society, the direct effects of which can easily lead you to an early grave or a lesser life.

Likewise, the universe ain't gonna reward you if you donate to charity.  You're not going to grow back any missing limbs or braincells, you're not going to get an increased chance of finding money.  However, people respond favorably to these things, they're more willing to help you when in need and more happy to be around you, which can lead to greater opportunities in life.

If there existed a real force like karma, we all know politicians and corporate heads would be in far worse spots than they are now, but they're not; this is because "karma" as described here is subject to the human experience, and so long as people agree that the actions which take place to make those people rich are legitimate, they'll continue to get all that "good karma"; they will never get what's coming to them without human action or accident of nature, and accidents aren't subject to karma.

ALL IN

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:53:21 AM

i get karma yesterday just because i use real money to buy drugs .
and now i lost a lot bitcoin in gambliing around 1BTC, really sad
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:56:34 AM

i get karma yesterday just because i use real money to buy drugs .
and now i lost a lot bitcoin in gambliing around 1BTC, really sad

not sure if serious, but if you are, then you have serious gambling issues if you are blaming your losses on "karma."
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 01:30:36 AM

No such thing as Karma as explained in religion:

kar·ma  (kärm)
n.
1. Hinduism & Buddhism The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.

There is a such thing as improving or worsening relations with people by exhibiting preferred or unpreferred behavior, who are the only agents to observe and interpret your actions in a similar fashion (and this is the same reason why the original concept of karma is impossible; no divine judge, or afterlife for that matter, can be known of.)  When you treat people in a way they wish to be treated, they typically return the behavior in kind.  OTOH, if you treat people in a manner they do not like, they will also return this behavior, whether an exact replica or simple avoidance.

The universe ain't gonna punish you if you kill a guy.  You don't have an increased chance of being struck by thunder or getting cancer for the act alone.  You do, however, have to deal with the ramifications of having ostracized yourself from the rest of common society, the direct effects of which can easily lead you to an early grave or a lesser life.

Likewise, the universe ain't gonna reward you if you donate to charity.  You're not going to grow back any missing limbs or braincells, you're not going to get an increased chance of finding money.  However, people respond favorably to these things, they're more willing to help you when in need and more happy to be around you, which can lead to greater opportunities in life.

If there existed a real force like karma, we all know politicians and corporate heads would be in far worse spots than they are now, but they're not; this is because "karma" as described here is subject to the human experience, and so long as people agree that the actions which take place to make those people rich are legitimate, they'll continue to get all that "good karma"; they will never get what's coming to them without human action or accident of nature, and accidents aren't subject to karma.

That's not what that definition said at all.  It defined karma as it is.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Frscott

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:54:51 PM

I wish it was true but sadly just pie in the sky
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 07:49:10 PM

there's probably no such thing as karma

but if you do good to other people they'll act better around you and spread the word which will some day reflect back the good on you

so there is some karma after all Smiley

Looking for a signature campaign.
poisenrang

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:44:26 PM

the chances! the chances no such thing as karma;)

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
WEB slicer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:46:38 PM

i think life and all it's mysteries is too complex to be sure of anything so i keep an open mind to possibilities even if they don't seem rational.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███████████████
░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████████████
░░████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░███████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░██████████
░░░██████████
░░░████████████░
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░▀███████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████████████████
░░░░░▄▄██████████████████████████████████
░░░░█████████████████████████████████████
░░░████████████
░░███████████
░██████████▌
▐█████████▌
▐█████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
▐██████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
░███████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
░▐████████████▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████
░░▐███████████████▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄████████████████
░░░░███████████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░███████████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░████████████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███

███
███

███
███
!
#
HOMEPAGE
ANNOUNCEMENT
JOIN US ON SLACK
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:26:43 PM

Life is only as complicated as far as you look out.

Look within and life becomes simple.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:30:23 PM

There is no such thing as karma, just random chance, though that's not to say good deeds or actions can't benefit you as they can (and also the opposite with bad deeds and negative consequences), but there is no divine or cosmic force that dishes out 'karma'.

but if you believe in it, maybe you can better your life?  by like having a heart?  Smiley

i am here.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:32:14 PM

There is no such thing as karma, just random chance, though that's not to say good deeds or actions can't benefit you as they can (and also the opposite with bad deeds and negative consequences), but there is no divine or cosmic force that dishes out 'karma'.

There is no such thing as random chance. Everything operates by cause and effect. So, probably, karma is the Great First Cause rewarding those who do good.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:55:32 PM

Nicely stated.  And once you become aware of the pattern of cause and effect, you can break free from the pattern ans transcend to dimensions beyond karmic law.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:59:26 PM

Are you talking quantum entanglement? Be careful using that. You never know what you might quantumly entangle yourself into. Take it slow and easy.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
phosphorush

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:19:12 AM

if you are an asshole to people it's more probable that they will be assholes to you - that's karma for me, not some kind of universal justice but cause and effect. If you are an asshole but have means of protection from your "victims" then probably nothing will happen directly because of you being an asshole to those people. If it happens it's probably just chance.

Your account locked, please contact support.
dank
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:37:46 AM

Are you talking quantum entanglement? Be careful using that. You never know what you might quantumly entangle yourself into. Take it slow and easy.

Smiley

Haha, I know, I know.  Had a pretty crazy encounter not long ago.

Karma is like this to me:  If you are a negative person your whole life, upon the instant you die, when you are reunited with your all knowing soul (as frequencies never end, they ripple through the universe forever), you will experience egodeath and may have a bad trip in the process.

If you are at peace when you die, you have left a positive spiritual footprint, you will reap the benefit of what you have done through life - up to infinite love and peace.

Though in everyday life, as you change the frequency that you vibrate at, different scenarios will unfold within your life.  If you vibrate at a lower frequency, you will attract people and events of disynchronitiy of a similar lower vibration.  If you vibrate at a higher frequency, love, you will attract more positive people and events into your life.

Change your perception and you can change the course of your vibration.

CoinsCoinsEverywhere

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:16:42 AM

I don't believe in karma, and I don't believe in coincidence.  It seems pretty obvious to me that doing good does not always come back to you in good ways and doing bad does not always come back to you in bad ways--not in this life anyway.  It also seems to me that everything happens for a reason, even if the reason is sometimes trivial or not known for a very long time.
fanboy4

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:59:10 AM

my neighbor was just talking to me about paying it forward. he believes if you help others good things happen for you and if you do bad it comes back to you.

what do you guys think?

It's true very open.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:36:52 PM

How can you not think it's real.. it's no special force... it's common sense.

If someone is an asshole to 100 people everyday and he needs help at some point.. "karma" is going to F him..

If someone is nice and helps 100 people everyday when that person needs help "karma" will be good to him and he will get help..
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:37:53 PM

I don't believe in karma, and I don't believe in coincidence.  It seems pretty obvious to me that doing good does not always come back to you in good ways and doing bad does not always come back to you in bad ways--not in this life anyway.  It also seems to me that everything happens for a reason, even if the reason is sometimes trivial or not known for a very long time.

Sure in .1% of cases it does not..

If you make many enemies..

If you make many friends..

BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:11:16 PM

It is a very romantic view that something bad happens due to person/s eventually it will come about full circle and they will be at the receiving end. Oh so very nice to believe which more people did  Smiley

I guess most of the times something happens that's being attributed to "karma" really is just some kind of self-fulfilling prophecy! People know that they did something wrong, and thus they may induce something negative in return. Maybe even to get rid of their bad conscience!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: