Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:31:44 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which is the good site to get wallet?  (Read 4212 times)
btcguys

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:09:12 PM

For a quick one-off btc web wallet you could try Rushwallet   https://rushwallet.com

Not the most secure tho...

it is a terrible idea to use a bookmark wallet. hackers have been stealing from password protect wallets. how hard it is going to be to steal a bookmark?

Unless you keep that bookmark offline, I recommend not to use rushwallet. it is probably the least secure without password!
wasserman99

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:44:44 AM

is coinbase.com is good site i have heard that site is not working properly...? is there any other site we can get good wallet without any problems......?

i recomended blockchain.info, it can redeem from your microwallet, after 24 hours ...
you can prove it ...
IMO blockchain.info really is the best wallet service. Everything is done on the browser side and you are always in control of your private keys. Additionally you always have the option of importing your keys into another wallet service if you choose to do so and you would be able to spend your coins without issue.

Kipsy89

Activity: 280

Relax!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:13:51 PM

is coinbase.com is good site i have heard that site is not working properly...? is there any other site we can get good wallet without any problems......?

Coinbase is legit. but don't use online wallets, man! Use a wallet you download on your machine! You'll want to have control over your Bitcoins yourself and don't want to rely on an online wallet that may or may not keep your coins safe or even steal them, man!

BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:33:56 PM

It's okay, but you shouldn't use it as a wallet. Use the original BitcoinQT client. Or some lightweight client (which doesn't have to download the whole Blockchain) like MultiBit or Electrum. Keep the control over your own coins or you don't really own them!!!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
saif92

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:47:36 PM

Coinbase is legit. but don't use online wallets, man! Use a wallet you download on your machine! You'll want to have control over your Bitcoins yourself and don't want to rely on an online wallet that may or may not keep your coins safe or even steal them, man!
Yes using online wallets big shit just downloand Multibit or Electrum on your computer then enjoy and control your all bitcoins

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:51:04 PM

I wouldn't use coinbase to store Bitcoin there for a long time I think it's a very unstable company and wouldn't want to trust it with the recent news and discussions about its service a lot of accusations flying around.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:54:46 PM

I wouldn't use coinbase to store Bitcoin there for a long time I think it's a very unstable company and wouldn't want to trust it with the recent news and discussions about its service a lot of accusations flying around.

I think it's a rather stable company. Why do you think that they're not legit or prone to go bust anytime soon??? But I agree that you'd be best off storing your Bitcoin in a wallet that runs directly on your machine, if not store them in a safe paper wallet, that's never seen the internet (I mean the private key)

Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 11:09:08 PM

For a quick one-off btc web wallet you could try Rushwallet   https://rushwallet.com

Not the most secure tho...

it is a terrible idea to use a bookmark wallet. hackers have been stealing from password protect wallets. how hard it is going to be to steal a bookmark?

Unless you keep that bookmark offline, I recommend not to use rushwallet. it is probably the least secure without password!

Very true. You shouldn't use that Rushwallet to keep your bitcoin.
If you are in a hurry, download the Electrum wallet and you can get it ready in a minute.
aronnov

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:09:04 AM

i think the good site to get wallet is blockchain.info, you will get BTC address where you can store your BTC
also you'll get not only one BTC address, but more than one address where you can store your BTC
hopefully this information will useful for you ...
littlewizard

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 01:02:26 AM

Just use the official website for wallet download, i think it is most secure
mullerdan

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 03:30:57 PM

you can use this site blockchain.info, this is one of the most used
waser12

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2014, 12:14:12 PM

Blockchain.info is a good site to get online wallet, if you prefer desktop wallet you have bitcoin core or armory.

Shevarion

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 06:56:00 PM

My suggestion is u can use blockchain because the trans conform in seconds and peer rate is also good and you can backup  your wallet also

But why blockchain is missing from recommended wallet sry bitcoin.org https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet *looks sry web opsi

And lately blockchain had trouble double-spendt
I want to migration to another wallet for more safety and secure, but frist must get real notif from Admin

My Advice to another wallet is XAPO
Join now and get 5000 sathosi for new member (PROMOTION)

Grin
edmonddantes

Activity: 127

#1 Reseller

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 04:30:00 AM

If you have a large fund,than it is recommended that you install a wallet on your PC or buy a vps!

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 10:53:42 AM

If you're strictly talking about online wallets, then blockchain.info is a good choice where you have control over your private keys. (They had some security issues recently which exposed some private keys, but it has apparently been fixed now).

Otherwise I would strongly recommend getting a desktop wallet like MultiBit, which is easy to use and there's no fear of losing your coins to a website hack or fraud.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:48:06 AM

better to hold them locally, and take care of them as if it was your bank
LOBSTER

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 11:55:59 AM

better to hold them locally, and take care of them as if it was your bank

And always be your own bank. Don't store them on Coinbase or Blockchain.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:13:32 PM

Coinbase or Blockchain

maurya78

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 12:22:41 PM

Download Bitcoin-QT. Avoid web wallets if amounts are large,

activebiz

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 01, 2015, 08:41:53 AM

u should not ever trust webwallets or leave money in webwallets. u can try to find a mobilewallet.or lightweight wallet or use blockchain.info as secure webwallet.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: