Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:46:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Limit.  (Read 3724 times)
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:21:34 AM

There is no limit because the inflation is always positive, so prices goes to infinite in the long run.

But of course there is a limit of the proportion of market capitalization of bitcoin/World Pib , but I have no clue what it would be
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:34:54 AM

Bank of America thinks the max price is $1,300 (http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2013/12/05/bitcoin-gets-valued-bank-of-america-puts-a-price-on-the-virtual-tender/) while Goldman Sachs thinks the max price is (IIRC $5k, but it may be higher, I was not able to find a link to this).
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 11:33:45 AM

1k USD is max, we will never reach more.

really??

but when dollar collapses and you can only buy a loaf of bread for $1000, what do you think bitcoin will be worth?

lol i do love seeing peoples speculations and to then slap their faces with wet fishes using info they never included, that would make their estimates not what they think.

if the dollar doesnt collapse (fiat explosion) then i see a potential in over a decade of $30k-$50k. but if dollar exploded like what happened in Zimbabwe, i can see bitcoin worth $500k

but just because bitcoin went from $1 to $1000 in 5 years, DO NOT expect the same 1000 fold jump in the next 5 years. it will be alot slower, alot lot lot slower

franky1, i thought you can read between the lines  Tongue

(i wrote total bullshit because the question was dumb in my view  Cheesy ! i give a shit on the daily price because it makes no sense to look at this. look at the bigger picture.
i think we will reach 10k - 50k in the next years... )

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 11:57:14 AM

really??

but when dollar collapses and you can only buy a loaf of bread for $1000, what do you think bitcoin will be worth?

lol i do love seeing peoples speculations and to then slap their faces with wet fishes using info they never included, that would make their estimates not what they think.

if the dollar doesnt collapse (fiat explosion) then i see a potential in over a decade of $30k-$50k. but if dollar exploded like what happened in Zimbabwe, i can see bitcoin worth $500k

but just because bitcoin went from $1 to $1000 in 5 years, DO NOT expect the same 1000 fold jump in the next 5 years. it will be alot slower, alot lot lot slower

franky1, i thought you can read between the lines  Tongue

(i wrote total bullshit because the question was dumb in my view  Cheesy ! i give a shit on the daily price because it makes no sense to look at this. look at the bigger picture.

Most people can't sence sarcasm and irony. Especially because the price was already at >1k$ , pretty obv, but ...

henryjames1003 (OP)

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 12:31:09 PM

Ok, most of you telling that bitcoin-rate depends on mass-adoption.  My Russian friend told me that there were tha bar accepting Bitcoins in Russia before goverment bans it. So there were the system like "Transfer money to address in your acc and later you can use your BTC.  So there were not clear BTC-use. I think it caused by 10-minute-confirmation time.

So i cant buy coffee directly with Bitcoin. Anything else?
MrBtcSenior

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:37:46 PM

Bank of America thinks the max price is $1,300 (http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2013/12/05/bitcoin-gets-valued-bank-of-america-puts-a-price-on-the-virtual-tender/) while Goldman Sachs thinks the max price is (IIRC $5k, but it may be higher, I was not able to find a link to this).

I think those predictions are at least as pointless as the ones we are making in the speculation forum Smiley

♬-♬-♬-♬ ★ ☆ ★ ☆ Earn up to 0.05 btc/week by posting in the LTB forum!!! ☆ ★ ☆ ★ ♬-♬-♬-♬ --------->
<--------- LTB coin now traded on Poloniex!!!
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 01:38:33 PM

I think those predictions are at least as pointless as the ones we are making in the speculation forum Smiley

Also those predictions where not LONGterm or toplimit EVER. They were shortterm price goals. Shortterm being 1-2 years timeframe.

Stery

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 01:45:29 PM

Silicon Valley VC thinks a single bitcoin will be worth $100,000

http://www.wired.com/2014/01/chrisdixon/
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 04:08:09 PM

really??

franky1, i thought you can read between the lines  Tongue

(i wrote total bullshit because the question was dumb in my view  Cheesy ! i give a shit on the daily price because it makes no sense to look at this. look at the bigger picture.

Most people can't sence sarcasm and irony. Especially because the price was already at >1k$ , pretty obv, but ...

and i also added a smiliey in my first post by the way   Cheesy

ltbharley

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:19:26 PM

Bitcoin higher limit will be 387,290$ in 2024, after that it will drop slowly but steady to 0$ because a new coin (ether) will take its first place among cryptos.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 04:29:12 PM

Bitcoin higher limit will be 387,290$ in 2024, after that it will drop slowly but steady to 0$ because a new coin (ether) will take its first place among cryptos.

Hehe, see, that are the words of a good troll. Not too extreme but ridiculous enough to get responses Wink

martinnew

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

I will go reviewing the law of demand and supply with regards to this.  Grin
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 06:23:15 PM

i am worried of bitcoin because of so little inflation. With deflation people just hold, since they expect il be more worth tomorrow. and it loses its meaning to be money. Only solution for Bitcoin to last on longer time wsi to have strong inflation so its worth compared to fiat start lowering. Like this some other coin will take "net money" job and BTC wil be just some thingy to treasure your founds and never really go huge.
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 06:25:02 PM

i am worried of bitcoin because of so little inflation. With deflation people just hold, since they expect il be more worth tomorrow. and it loses its meaning to be money. Only solution for Bitcoin to last on longer time wsi to have strong inflation so its worth compared to fiat start lowering. Like this some other coin will take "net money" job and BTC wil be just some thingy to treasure your founds and never really go huge.

Feel free to make such a coin and look if it is successful. Wink

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:26:51 AM

Feel free to make such a coin and look if it is successful. Wink

Been there, done that.  So far, systematically nflationary coins are never adopted, always tend to zero very rapidly.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
martinnew

Activity: 153

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:48:08 PM

It will really be a problem if majority will just hold on to their BTC and think it will make them millionaires someday. Tongue
BowieMan

Activity: 154

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:52:06 PM

Do you think there is a limit to the growth of Bitcoin? 1к USD? 2k?
How i can see:
every day money comes to Btc so one Bitcoin becomes more valuable.

And each 10 minutes new 25 BTC comes to world. It's emission. every block creates new Bitcoin and each one becomes less valuable.

So: Bitcoin is growing steadily because money income bigger then emission. I know it's simple and little incorrect explanation.

whether in the future the time when Bitcoin will stop? and at what level?

Over half of the coins that will ever be mined are already in existence, so the total amount of BTC that will be available in the end isn't that much larger than the current amount we already have in circulation. And it'll take us another 100 years to get there! We've seen growth in the days of 50 BTC block rewards, so I don't see any reason why we would stop that growth now that we are at 25 BTC!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
log2exp

Activity: 176
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:02:56 PM

Tell the sellers on bitcoin exchanges stop selling then, not everyone is holder even it's deflationary, otherwise, we are already in thousands $/unit.
ihuntbtc

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:28:09 PM

its ok as long as whales are spending it on stuff and not holding 24 7
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:06:44 PM

Once again, this obsession with other people losing their coins has to stop. You are free to sell all your coins. Put your personal economy where your mouth is and leave the rest of us the hell alone.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: