Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:04:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] OnyxCoin v2 [X13] █ NO PRE-MINE █ NO IPO █ PoW+PoS Hybrid █  (Read 27562 times)
Truther

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:35:34 PM

If we're considering name changes... some other gem stones that might work:

Jet
Jasper
Iolite

Not sure if any of these have been used before.

JetCoin and Iolite sound good

Thanks these are some good names I'll consider.

I think SiO2 would be a good name.. its the formula for Onyx. Silica might be neat... I think if a re-branding happens we really need to get in contact with a company willing to support the coin a work the re-branding based off that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MineP.it

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:16:01 PM

If we're considering name changes... some other gem stones that might work:

Jet
Jasper
Iolite

Not sure if any of these have been used before.

JetCoin and Iolite sound good

Thanks these are some good names I'll consider.

I think SiO2 would be a good name.. its the formula for Onyx. Silica might be neat... I think if a re-branding happens we really need to get in contact with a company willing to support the coin a work the re-branding based off that.

Silica, that's nice Smiley

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
baobao

Activity: 215

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:35:58 PM

Need to change a name?When to change?

MUSCLEGIRLS (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:53:36 PM

Probably following the Proof-of-Work period. Originally, I didn't expect the name to be an issue but it is becoming more clear that a name change/rebranding will be necessary to really make ourselves unique.

Other suggestions included ViperCoin or VenusCoin.

Let me know your thoughts
Truther

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:00:28 PM

I'm very excited about a re branding after POW is finished. Some great possibilities are being discuss and the low mining rate right now is awesome for fair distribution and the dirt cheap price on exchange is keeping the coin under the radar.. This Coin is gonna be a big surprise, thank you all who have been supporting.
dodouuu

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:05:52 PM

VenusCoin is very good.Should have some practical development plan.

ClutchThese

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:58:30 AM

Probably following the Proof-of-Work period. Originally, I didn't expect the name to be an issue but it is becoming more clear that a name change/rebranding will be necessary to really make ourselves unique.

Other suggestions included ViperCoin or VenusCoin.

Let me know your thoughts

This is nice. I like ViperCoin.

Signature for Rent - PM if Interested
Truther

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 08:19:05 PM

Looks like were halfway done mining POW coins..  I'm Just curious who is still watching the Tread.. I know everyone is probly just working away mining will people are dumping at stupidly low prices. I think if anyone has some extra BTC laying around buying a couple on exchange would be good to maintain activity on exchange till we decide what we plan on doing in the future. Dev if you could come up with a rough timeline for the coin I'll turn it into an eye catching graphic of video (Not looking for free coin, just want coin to succeed).

Here is a temporary webpage to help get more exposure for the coin.
http://onyxcoin2.yolasite.com/
Let me know if anything need to be changes or added... Happy Mining  Wink
MUSCLEGIRLS (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:25:53 PM

Looks like were halfway done mining POW coins..  I'm Just curious who is still watching the Tread.. I know everyone is probly just working away mining will people are dumping at stupidly low prices. I think if anyone has some extra BTC laying around buying a couple on exchange would be good to maintain activity on exchange till we decide what we plan on doing in the future. Dev if you could come up with a rough timeline for the coin I'll turn it into an eye catching graphic of video (Not looking for free coin, just want coin to succeed).

Here is a temporary webpage to help get more exposure for the coin.
http://onyxcoin2.yolasite.com/
Let me know if anything need to be changes or added... Happy Mining  Wink

That webpage actually looks great. Thanks!

Here is an update for you guys Wink

Trust me guys, I have not given up on this coin. Like I said earlier, this is a fun little side project for me and I have every intention to try my damn best to make it succeed. Due to the name (as predicted by many), I think few have expressed interest (Bittrex included despite what they initially told me) in the coin. As a result, we will be moving forward with the re-branding which I will start working on now

Bucket list for re-branding:

- new name
- new design/logo (new wallet)

Everything else (code base) will remain the same. We will implement Tor alongside the rebranding as it will require a new wallet anyways. Rich list is still a work in progress. It's actually remarkably difficult to get one (short of paying 0.25 BTC for reputable block explorers to host one for you).

We will implement these changes following our transition to block 15,000 to Proof of Stake. We are currently half way finished with the proof of work phase and are on block 7,500~

Stick tight guys  Grin plenty of coins have had underwhelming launches/re-launches. Our re-branding will also call for a new ANN

Thanks to those who have stuck around!

Truther

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 09:51:57 PM

Here's a Coin Image of my own creation for SilicaCoin, used some borrowed elements from Onyx coin design since that's what birthed this group. Let me know your thought.. This is a crude jpg copy of the original I made.. which is much cleaner looking.
 If your wondering why it says Sio2 and Silicacoin here is the wiki on Silica
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_dioxide
MineP.it

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:42:26 AM

Maybe we should do a vote of all the proposed new names and see which is the most popular?

https://www.minep.it - secure, stable mining pools | 0.75% fees | chat | forums | one login for 40+ pools | unique interface
Pools: Bitcoin | BitMark | ConspiracyCoin | CryptCoin | CureCoin | DarkCoin | Digit | DogeCoin | Dvorakoin | FeatherCoin | FractalCoin | Hiro | IsraelCoin | KarmaCoin | Kryptonite | LimeCoinX | Litecoin | MultiWalletCoin | Negotium | NewWorldOrder | OzzieCoin | PyramidsCoin | RootCoin | SaveCoin | Shade | SurvivorCoin | SysCoin | TalkCoin | TitCoin | Trinity | UseCoin | UtopiaCoin | VertCoin | ViaCoin | VirtualCoin | VirtualMiningCoin | WankCoin | WorldCoin | ZetaCoin
Truther

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 02:39:53 PM

Maybe we should do a vote of all the proposed new names and see which is the most popular?
we have like 5 people following the ANN I think any change would be good at this point. A vote is kind of a waste of time better to just pick and move forward.
MineP.it

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:46:35 PM

we have like 5 people following the ANN I think any change would be good at this point. A vote is kind of a waste of time better to just pick and move forward.

How do you see how many people are following a thread here?

Truther

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 12:16:58 AM

I was guesstimating based on thread activity.. I'm sure a vote would be fine. I just don't want a Vote that takes forever..2-3 days at most so theres time to get into wallet and get permenant Webpages setup for the new ANN
MUSCLEGIRLS (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:55:53 AM

5 is probably a fairly accurate guess, lol

make shift rich list for those who are interested:

http://sprunge.us/IaOE

thanks to a community member for putting it together. we have an official one coming soon.
Truther

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:29:19 AM

Well whoever has 2 million coin really should put in some work if they want the coin to be worth anything.
MineP.it

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:32:16 AM

Well whoever has 2 million coin really should put in some work if they want the coin to be worth anything.

I think that'll be C-Cex ?

DeCrypterManiac

Activity: 550
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:33:40 AM

This is like the walking dead.. you cannot revive something dead, the name is totally burned.
MineP.it

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 09:36:12 AM

https://twitter.com/CryptoMinepit/status/500576520273154048

Feel free to retweet to try get listed on Trex

guduke

Activity: 198

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:27:32 PM

What's the matter?No any progress?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: