Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 11:00:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin = political?  (Read 2027 times)
elliwilli

Activity: 307
Merit: 250

et rich or die tryi

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:20:54 PM

I don't think that the original COP for bitcoin and the first intentions of it were in fact political.
I think that it evolved political meaning and intentions near the start as it was first picked up y crypto-anarchists and the like who are libertarian.
I think bitcoin has since become a political object and ideology due to its main users being liberal to some extent.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:26:58 PM

Bitcoin can embody any political beliefs that one applies to them but it doesn't represent one political ideology. It can't, it doesn't have beliefs it's just a method for trade.

Anyone comparing it to libertarian-ism may be confusing the act of capitalism with the method (or currency) through which the capitalism is facilitated.

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2014, 10:36:34 PM

Bitcoin is controlled by the 7 tribes of the northeast quadrant in Southwest Hong Kong in EastWest China.

Of course, but are they Democrat or Repbulican? Whig or Labour? ha ha

Snoop Dogg

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2014, 11:16:58 PM

Im not sure i agree actually i still find it neutral and just technology.  If a political system did shift to say libertarian the word libertarian changes meaning.  

Satoshi would disagree with you:

"[Bitcoin is] very attractive to the libertarian viewpoint if we can explain it properly. I'm better with code than with words though." - Satoshi Nakamoto

His personal politics are inconsequential however, its the design of the protocol that matters and its effects upon society. If Bitcoin was indeed manipulated by governments to become more politically controllable than you have essentially just forked Bitcoin and created an alt. If Bitcoin is changed from its originally design specifications at a fundamental level than we can hardly call it Bitcoin anymore and doing so is an act of manipulative propaganda.

maybe thiswill be one manipulating biggest on internet . but bitcoin will amazing if they got accepted for interrnet currency . it will be really high price.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: