Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:04:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [EMD] - Emerald Crypto - PoW - Scrypt - low Difficulty - CPU mining  (Read 96670 times)
Emerald_Crypto (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 09:26:01 PM

good luck wishes also from diamond foundation!
as gemstone coins we are a big family  Cool

Thanks. We still have a lot of work to do, but getting the diff schedule updated was the first big hurdle. The code looks clean. Hopefully there will not be any surprises pop up in testing and we can get things moving in the right direction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:00:43 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 02:22:28 AM by BitcoinNational

-randomly posting the stats-

http://coin-base.info/emerald/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool
http://emd.hash-to-coins.com/

http://mining.securepayment.cc/pools/emerald/  (but shows NET rate)
http://emerald.miningforall.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

----------------------------------

Q. Is the switch to POS a locked down decision?

I favor this.  POW/POS is the very best if EMD wants to live another year.

Why not be even better?

stage1 -  POW scrypt << now coming to an end
stage2 -  POW/POS scrypt << soon
stage3 - go multi-algorithm, myriad/digibytes will lead the way and we can follow once they do all the hard coding work for us to copy Smiley

Or make a special EMD blend:

SHA for cheap hash power, Neoscrypt or NIST for the loyal supporters, and POS for the stakers.
(long term goal ETA next summer)

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 04:28:27 AM

GWCalvert messaged me and asked me if I would like to be part of this, as he's familiar with the pool services I run, and I'm very grateful that he thought of me! Those of you who know me know that I do my utmost to do right by my miners and support the community in every way possible. I've been kinda absent here on the board for the last couple of months, though, as I've jumped headlong into many development projects (and schooling myself, pretty much), but I'm only a PM or email away and always up for whatever! I've been planning a multipool for a very long time so Emerald will be part of my multipool at http://multipool.fedaykin.us, but also since one of my other pool's coin went PoS, I will also offer an MPOS pool with multiport NOMP-stratum (vardiff and many fixed-diff options) for those who prefer "legacy" pools! It will be located at http://emerald.fedaykin.us when it is ready for action, later on tonight.

The multipool, as of right now, is still a vanilla NOMP site, with custom features and appearance being worked on. The plan for the finished product is an auto-switch auto-exchange multipool, able to pay out in select coins (looking to offer payout options that other pools do not), mine the most profitable coin at any time, or mine on whatever coin you wish any time you want. I'm working on a lot of my own backend tools for this as well as a pool-exclusive exchange (internal system use only, most likely), though it remains to be seen if the pool will stay with NOMP or a different system, as I've been tinkering around quite a bit to find what I'm gonna like best! Anyway, it's not much to look at right now but cosmetic enhancements, new coins, and switching will be in soon.

Both pools will be running a promotional fee of 0.5% for a while, in celebration of the renewed efforts and interest! As always, please don't hesitate to email or PM me. Let me know if you need help with the Mac version, too! I can crank one out for you, np Smiley

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 05:23:41 AM

Q. Is the switch to POS a locked down decision?

I favor this.  POW/POS is the very best if EMD wants to live another year.

Why not be even better?

stage1 -  POW scrypt << now coming to an end
stage2 -  POW/POS scrypt << soon
stage3 - go multi-algorithm, myriad/digibytes will lead the way and we can follow once they do all the hard coding work for us to copy Smiley

Or make a special EMD blend:

SHA for cheap hash power, Neoscrypt or NIST for the loyal supporters, and POS for the stakers.
(long term goal ETA next summer)

For now, we are making the blockchain more secure by changing the difficulty adjustment from every 180 blocks, to every block with DGW3. It is something that we can implement quickly without any disruption.

The question of adding in PoS is still open. If it is added; it will not take the place of PoW, but be a minimal amount (~1%) to add an extra layer of security to the chain.

There are loads of coins switching to PoS and/or other algos. This seems to be the popular trend. There are also many scrypt miners who are looking for a stable crypto to mine. This is what EMD will offer with the new diff adjustment.

The long term goals for the coin is to create real uses for it; regardless of the algo or minting setup. There are two things that make a cryptocurrency valuable: Innovation and services. If you do not have one; you better be finding the other.

EMD is 14 months old. There has been zero development of the currency in that time. Yet, it still has a decent amount of trade volume at Cryptsy. Can you imagine what it could have been if the original dev had developed a few uses for it?

Anyhow; all suggestions are welcomed. PM if you think you can help out with coding, promotion or just random ideas. The more people that we have involved, the better the end result will be.

----------------

Regarding Edric - He is one of the best pool ops around. His operation is small (for now), but he stays on top of things and gets back to you if you have a question or problem. He doesn't go AWOL when there are problems. He's right there on the front lines sorting things out... Even when they are someone else's problem. It will be good to have him around here.

----------------

I compiled the new wallet and it is working great. Now to put it on testnet and see how the fork behaves... New source and Win wallet should be ready for download on Tuesday if there are no problems.

More coming real soon...

edric

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:40:59 AM

For now, we are making the blockchain more secure by changing the difficulty adjustment from every 180 blocks, to every block with DGW3. It is something that we can implement quickly without any disruption.

The question of adding in PoS is still open. If it is added; it will not take the place of PoW, but be a minimal amount (~1%) to add an extra layer of security to the chain.

There are loads of coins switching to PoS and/or other algos. This seems to be the popular trend. There are also many scrypt miners who are looking for a stable crypto to mine. This is what EMD will offer with the new diff adjustment.

The long term goals for the coin is to create real uses for it; regardless of the algo or minting setup. There are two things that make a cryptocurrency valuable: Innovation and services. If you do not have one; you better be finding the other.

EMD is 14 months old. There has been zero development of the currency in that time. Yet, it still has a decent amount of trade volume at Cryptsy. Can you imagine what it could have been if the original dev had developed a few uses for it?

Anyhow; all suggestions are welcomed. PM if you think you can help out with coding, promotion or just random ideas. The more people that we have involved, the better the end result will be.

----------------

Regarding Edric - He is one of the best pool ops around. His operation is small (for now), but he stays on top of things and gets back to you if you have a question or problem. He doesn't go AWOL when there are problems. He's right there on the front lines sorting things out... Even when they are someone else's problem. It will be good to have him around here.

----------------

I compiled the new wallet and it is working great. Now to put it on testnet and see how the fork behaves... New source and Win wallet should be ready for download on Tuesday if there are no problems.

More coming real soon...

Thanks for the kind words, man! I definitely try and do my best to provide the best service I can! It's not easy sometimes but definitely rewarding to hear people saying good things. I'm working on a lot of development projects here on my end, lots of open source stuff that may end up making a lot of pool admins' lives easier as well as hacking together my own autoexchange system and platform for my multipool. Tiring stuff but hopefully when it's done I'll have accomplished some stuff I can be proud of! I really like the relaunch trend that's been going on lately and am very happy to be a part of this. I haven't picked up any actual new coins lately, for one because I'm just busy and can't keep up with the forums, and second because there's so many good but abandoned projects to revive. So yeah, count me in! Anything I can do to help out is no problem, there's not much I can't do now, I have learned so much stuff this year!

By the way, most of the projects I'm working on isn't for profit so I am looking for some extra work as well, I can get nearly anything coin-related done, pretty quickly too. Pools, wallets, gaming, about anything, even Mac GUI wallets (spent a few months figuring that one out). I work pretty cheap, too!

The MPOS-based Emerald Crypto pool is online, syncing the blockchain right now. The wallet syncing is making the site very unresponsive, though. It'll be ready to roll soon, though.

Any MPOS pools I run these days are running with NOMP as the stratum backend. Such customizability and pure awesomeness. The old Python stratum only let you set one port PER instance, while I can set as many as we need using NOMP. This is awesome because not every miner works properly with vardiff, some not at all! Heard complaints that certain rental ASICs require fixed diffs. All my pools, including the multipool, offer vardiff and several fixed-diff options (custom ones per any requests as well!).

The Multipool is also online and mining (I say multipool but Emerald is the only coin online at the moment, lol), please take note there may be intermittent downtime as I make modifications, but I'll make sure payouts are getting processed. If you don't have an Emerald address to mine with, you'll need to go to http://multipool.fedaykin.us:100/key.html and generate a mining key. DO NOT LOSE OR GIVE OUT THE PRIVATE KEY! You can use your Emerald address or your PUBLIC key to mine with (your pubkey and privkey can be used to derive an address for any coin and be able to access the funds). At this time, vardiff is running on port 3001 (look at the coin's getting started page, lowest port number will always be vardiff). At some point we'll have Unified Ports, one set of variable and fixed diff ports that work across all coins (for non-autoswitching mining), you'll just mine with your pubkey, and use the name of the coin you'd like to mine as your password (username: pubkey pass: emerald). Eventually we'll have a nicer web interface as well as our own desktop app that will automatically display your statistics and give you one-click control over your miners (not NOMP-app, working on my own). The goal of the multipool is to make mining as easy and painless as possible, even for beginners, as well as to eventually offer some unique payout options, and as always, awesome support! Will be under heavy development for a while, but all the tinkering and hacking will be done on another server so there won't be excessive service interruptions.

Eventually I'll get around to actually making my "index" site at http://fedaykin.us, where people can see an actual list of all the stuff I'm hosting and all the crazy projects I'm messing with. I spend as much time as I can outside of running the pools and actual dev stuff just hacking around with things, breaking stuff, making stuff, or staring at my screen.

http://emerald.fedaykin.us
MPOS based pool - NOMP stratum backend
.5% promo launch fee
Vardiff and Fixed-Diff ports! (see news)
Killer Support

http://multipool.fedaykin.us
NOMP based - Beta
.5% promo launch fee
Vardiff and Fixed-Diff ports!
(check getting started page, lowest port # is vardiff)
Under Development to become an Elite Multipool

Edit: Yeah, http://emerald.fedaykin.us isn't responding at all while the wallet is syncing.. Never seen a wallet use that much CPU syncing the blockchain! Took forever for the multipool's wallet to sync up as well, the NOMP site stayed up though..

edric

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:07:36 AM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 07:27:28 PM by edric

http://emerald.fedaykin.us isn't behaving right now. I'll get back on it as soon as I get up. Meanwhile the multipool is running fine. Check my above post for instructions to mine!

Ready to rock! I'll be keeping an eye on it though, to get it running I had to set it up a bit strangely but I think the blocknotify setup I have ought to keep it from acting up. Just the Emerald wallet by itself was using all the physical RAM and most of the CPU at all times on the pool server.. Ended up running a second instance of it on my wallet server. Looks like I found several blocks overnight myself on the multipool, so I know things are working! About to mine the MPOS pool!

Happy mining!

EDIT: Finding blocks on http://emerald.fedaykin.us. All seems well!

BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:42:05 PM

Anyone opposed?  Nope? 
ayes may have it.

If you really want to stay true to the algo, I'm fine with normal 'bankers' interest of 0.125% apr.

Yes the point of the POS is to protect our neat sized network.  Small enough for any one to mine if they like.

But I would advise rapid payout on the stake.  12hrs?  Even if it is just 0.00000123 EMD paid daily it is nice to get quickly rewarded for staking.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
BitcoinNational
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:50:08 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 06:16:33 AM by BitcoinNational

Hello http://emerald.fedaykin.us ... this is exactly what will make EMD get thru year 2

as a little but brilliant coin ... we need a dedicated personalized pool to swim in.

In 2 words "great service" & focused on mining EMD.  Welcome to le Show Edric!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:42:37 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 02:22:30 AM by Emerald_Crypto

Ready to rock! I'll be keeping an eye on it though, to get it running I had to set it up a bit strangely but I think the blocknotify setup I have ought to keep it from acting up. Just the Emerald wallet by itself was using all the physical RAM and most of the CPU at all times on the pool server.. Ended up running a second instance of it on my wallet server. Looks like I found several blocks overnight myself on the multipool, so I know things are working! About to mine the MPOS pool!

Happy mining!

Thanks Edric! I'll get the OP updated with all of the info. I'll also be updating the website homepage with the changes that have occurred since the "takeover". Sent some hash to your MPOS pool... finding blocks as I write!

I've noticed the wallet using quite a bit of CPU, too. I'll be taking a closer look at things when we upgrade to the Bitcoin Core.

I've noticed a couple of extra files that have been edited and then the old copy left behind (like: main.cpp and main1.cpp). As I get things updated, I'll be looking to cut the bloat wherever possible. With 20 second blocks, there is already tons of space used as the block chain updates, without other files adding to it.

-------

The new wallet is working fine and has passed all of the tests. I will be zipping it up and making it available for download tomorrow. I don't know what I was thinking when I said Tuesday... For some reason, yesterday felt like Sunday to me.  Tongue

Some of the changes that I was working on to the look and feel of the wallet are being put on hold until after the fork. Searching through thousands upon thousands of lines of code takes some time. I have updated the loading splash, and most of the internal icons. The other "look and feel" updates will be done in the next update, along with much more added functionality.

Will be updating the OP within the next hour or so with the latest developments/additions.

I also have an announcement regarding promotions/contests that will be coming up. Tune in tomorrow for that info and... free EMD!?!  Wink

Much more to come... soon!

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 08:08:10 PM

New Windows Client is ready for download - This is a mandatory upgrade as there will be a fork in the code to implement DGW3 at block 1600000! Check the OP for the link.

We will be doing two contests in the next few days. The first will start tomorrow and have something to do with Twitter... It may be a good idea to follow @Emerald_Crypto today. Full rules and details coming tomorrow.

The next contest will be sometime next week. This contest will be produced by GWCalvert. As you may know, I am a writer. I'm planning a book on cryptocurrencies and need some stories from people about their experiences.

These stories can be tales of: scams, successes, failures, etc. I need a little bit of everything to show the broad scope of crypto experiences. Humorous experiences are always welcomed. Basically, what I will be looking for is for the entrants to post their story to a blog or create a video and post it to YouTube. They will then provide a link to their tale on contest thread at one of my personal websites along with their EMD wallet addy. I haven't determined how much each story will receive; but all submissions will get something regardless of if I use it in the book or not.

Full details and payouts will be available sometime next week... when I have time to sit and further think about it.  Wink

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 07:45:49 AM

New Windows Client is ready for download - This is a mandatory upgrade as there will be a fork in the code to implement DGW3 at block 1600000! Check the OP for the link.

We will be doing two contests in the next few days. The first will start tomorrow and have something to do with Twitter... It may be a good idea to follow @Emerald_Crypto today. Full rules and details coming tomorrow.

The next contest will be sometime next week. This contest will be produced by GWCalvert. As you may know, I am a writer. I'm planning a book on cryptocurrencies and need some stories from people about their experiences.

These stories can be tales of: scams, successes, failures, etc. I need a little bit of everything to show the broad scope of crypto experiences. Humorous experiences are always welcomed. Basically, what I will be looking for is for the entrants to post their story to a blog or create a video and post it to YouTube. They will then provide a link to their tale on contest thread at one of my personal websites along with their EMD wallet addy. I haven't determined how much each story will receive; but all submissions will get something regardless of if I use it in the book or not.

Full details and payouts will be available sometime next week... when I have time to sit and further think about it.  Wink

Interesting, we all have a lot stories.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 08:58:46 PM

That's the idea. We all have many stories to tell... Why not share them with the world?

It would be a good primer for anyone thinking about getting into cryptocurrencies. The whole picture: Good, Bad and Freaky!  Grin

================

The New v. 0.8.2.1 Source has been committed to Github. Pool Ops, Exchanges, Services need to download and update, ASAP! Check the OP for the link! If you haven't downloaded the new Win wallet yet; the link to it is also in the OP.

================

I Mine for You Contest

Who wants (needs) someone to mine for them? I can't offer much... but I will point my little Gridseed farm (~3Mh/s) at one of the MPOS pools for you.

How do you win?

1. If you do not have an account already, sign up at one of the MPOS pools in the OP (Fedaykin, Coin-Base, or Mining for All). Create a worker (username.1) and add a simple worker password (x).

2. Follow @Emerald_Crypto on Twitter with an established account (min 25 real followers).

3. Tweet - @Emerald_Crypto mines for me! "BCT User Name" $EMD #FreeEMDcrypto -- Put your Bitcointalk user name where "BCT User Name" is.

4. You must have either posted in this thread, or in the original EMD thread before the switchover. (yes, we will check)

I will pick a random winner starting tomorrow. That person will receive a DM from the @Emerald_Crypto account on Twitter. They will then have 6 hours to send a PM to us (Emerald_Crypto) on Bitcointalk with their choice of pool, workername and worker pass. It is sometimes a good idea to pick a secondary pool in case the first one has problems, so sign up for one of the others and create a worker there, too; if you wish, and send that info as well. I will then point my Gridseed farm at your account for 24 hours, so you can earn some free EMD!

I'll keep picking random daily winners as long as there are people interested. If there is enough demand... after I get my new miner online; I will take the other little farm I currently use and award another prize each day. The second miner for the giveaway makes ~4Mh/s.

More, later!  Wink

edric

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:46:59 PM

That's the idea. We all have many stories to tell... Why not share them with the world?

It would be a good primer for anyone thinking about getting into cryptocurrencies. The whole picture: Good, Bad and Freaky!  Grin

================

The New v. 0.8.2.1 Source has been committed to Github. Pool Ops, Exchanges, Services need to download and update, ASAP! Check the OP for the link! If you haven't downloaded the new Win wallet yet; the link to it is also in the OP.

================

I Mine for You Contest

Who wants (needs) someone to mine for them? I can't offer much... but I will point my little Gridseed farm (~3Mh/s) at one of the MPOS pools for you.

How do you win?

1. If you do not have an account already, sign up at one of the MPOS pools in the OP (Fedaykin, Coin-Base, or Mining for All). Create a worker (username.1) and add a simple worker password (x).

2. Follow @Emerald_Crypto on Twitter with an established account (min 25 real followers).

3. Tweet - @Emerald_Crypto mines for me! "BCT User Name" $EMD #FreeEMDcrypto -- Put your Bitcointalk user name where "BCT User Name" is.

4. You must have either posted in this thread, or in the original EMD thread before the switchover. (yes, we will check)

I will pick a random winner starting tomorrow. That person will receive a DM from the @Emerald_Crypto account on Twitter. They will then have 6 hours to send a PM to us (Emerald_Crypto) on Bitcointalk with their choice of pool, workername and worker pass. It is sometimes a good idea to pick a secondary pool in case the first one has problems, so sign up for one of the others and create a worker there, too; if you wish, and send that info as well. I will then point my Gridseed farm at your account for 24 hours, so you can earn some free EMD!

I'll keep picking random daily winners as long as there are people interested. If there is enough demand... after I get my new miner online; I will take the other little farm I currently use and award another prize each day. The second miner for the giveaway makes ~4Mh/s.

More, later!  Wink

Getting the update right now and updating the pools. There will be a bit of downtime as I make the transition. It couldn't come at a better time because I am having issues with the old wallet, with the CPU issue I've had to host it off-site and that's just not an ideal situation with an MPOS pool. Will update thread when we're ready to roll.

edric

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:33:51 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 01:47:42 AM by edric

Had some issues getting it compiled but nothing major. When I fired it up on a fresh wallet it didn't hog the CPU like before, so that's a good sign. Currently, it's importing the privkey for the MPOS pool's wallet, don't know how long that'll take but as soon as it's done we'll be ready to roll again. The multipool is underway as well.

When compiling the obj directory in emerald/src/ is missing, might want to add something to the makefile or just add the folder to the repo. Doing a clean doesn't delete the folder so it'd probably be ok just to add it to the repo.

I had some boost issues because some of my wallets don't like newer versions so I had to mess around a bit, but everything seems happy now. As a side note, if anyone here is interested in running their own pools I'm going to be doing a complete video series on it, from server configuration, compiling wallets and deps, pool and stratum configuration, management, everything! I intend it to be the most comprehensive tutorial out there, so hopefully it'll enlighten people! Also working on a custom autoexchange add-on engine for NOMP, which will be open source. Keep your eyes open!

EDIT: http://multipool.fedaykin.us is ready to roll, taking a bit to sync http://emerald.fedaykin.us but should only be another 10 minutes or so.
If you wish to mine on the multipool, go to http://multipool.fedaykin.us:100/mining_key and generate a pubkey or emerald address to mine to, or use your existing emerald address. Coin switching ports aren't enabled just yet, port 3001 is vardiff and the higher ones are fixed-diff (lowest port number for each coin will always be vardiff).

EDIT 2: Everything should be good now, may need a few minor tweaks. I did have an issue when trying to import the MPOS pool's private key from my wallet server to the pool server. It went to 99% CPU for a while but when finished it hadn't actually imported anything. Giving it a ctrl-c gave me this error: what():  boost: mutex lock failed in pthread_mutex_lock: Invalid argument
The wallet file was from the old version, though, and both issues could have been related to that, since I hadn't ran the upgradewallet command yet. If the issue persists with anyone else please let us know.

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 05:50:39 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 06:06:38 PM by Emerald_Crypto

I have been away the past couple of days and my internet access will be limited for the next couple as my wife has had an unexpected death in her family.

Project Z

I have been working on a roadmap for the future of EMD (codename "Project Z") and will continue working on it the next couple of days. I think everyone will like where we are headed with the future of Emerald, when they see what the future holds.

You will have to wait for a few more days to find out the whole story; but, I believe that it will definitely be worth the wait. If you are not mining or buying EMD right now; then it would be a great time to do so. When the full plan is revealed, there will be much more activity on both the markets and the pools.

Pool owners, service providers, and exchanges; please send me a PM when you are updated to the latest source. I will update the OP with that info when I get it. I will be reaching out to those who gave not signaled they have updated in the next few days. Just have to get past this little bump in the road where I can be at the computer regularly, again.

Thanks for understanding. Jump on one of the pools and mine while the difficulty is low. Buy while the price is down. Everything is about to change!  Grin

sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 06:00:40 PM

Would appreciate it if someone could briefly summarise:
1) the strengths of this coin?
2) the weaknesses of this coin?
3) promises made? kept? any FUD?

To the dev(s), what will be the key original code/feature(s) in this coin? And are you going to provide "Proof of Developer" certification from cryptoasian:
http://cryptoasian.com/

And are the devs here real developers, or copy-paste devs or middlemen, like the SYS guys?
Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 06:21:09 PM

Would appreciate it if someone could briefly summarise:
1) the strengths of this coin?
2) the weaknesses of this coin?
3) promises made? kept? any FUD?

If you do your own due diligence, by reading through this and the original EMD threads; you will find the answers you are looking for. I will give brief summaries to your three main questions.

1) The coin is 14 months old and still being traded and mined despite no real development from the coin creator.
The new development team has accomplished more in a couple of weeks than the original dev did in 13+ months.
2) The original developer did nothing but create a litecoin clone and has been MIA for months. There was never any development of services, apps or features.
3) Promises made by the new dev team have all been kept. There is much more on the way!

Hope this helps answer your questions.

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 06:37:38 PM

We are around 17,500 blocks (~4 days or so) from the fork to add DGW3 difficulty adjustment. Anyone who has yet to update to the new client should do so ASAP!

I am back home... so things should be getting back to normal, soon. I am in the process of contacting pool ops, exchanges and service providers to make sure they are updated to the latest (0.8.2.1) version of the wallet. I will update the OP with that info as it becomes available.

Contacting some of these guys has been quite difficult...  Wink

Mining activity has been up as well as exchange volume on Cryptsy. Project Z will be a game changer for EMD. If you are not buying or mining; now would be the time to do so, as it will become much more difficult to acquire EMD when Project Z is released.

More info... soon!

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 04:11:12 PM

Only ~8000 blocks left before the fork. We have sent messages to pools, exchanges and service providers about the change. Not all have replied. There were a couple of pools that their contact form would not work and we could not find them on Bitcoin talk, so they may not be aware of the change. As we get closer to the fork, be careful where you are mining at so you are not wasting your hashes on the wrong chain.

Anyone who has updated and the info is not in the OP; please send a PM informing us and we will get the OP updated with the info.

More... soon!

GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 04:07:28 AM

I am still working to make sure everyone gets the new source updated. Cryptsy says they should have it updated before the fork.

Unfortunately, my wife's sister (the one who just lost her husband) had a serious car accident today and I'm sitting in the Trauma ICU waiting room at St Francis Hospital in Tulsa... so my time is very much restricted as the doctors do not expect her to make it through the night and I have to take care of my wife, first.

I will try to keep a watch out for any news from pools and services and get the OP updated. Been a rough past few days around our house... Hope everyone understands.

There is really good news coming for EMD... when (and if) I can find some time to put some more hours towards Project Z!

Talk soon...

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: