Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:58:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [EMD] - Emerald Crypto - PoW - Scrypt - low Difficulty - CPU mining  (Read 96670 times)
Emerald_Crypto (OP)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 04:59:53 AM

I am still working to make sure everyone gets the new source updated. Cryptsy says they should have it updated before the fork.

Unfortunately, my wife's sister (the one who just lost her husband) had a serious car accident today and I'm sitting in the Trauma ICU waiting room at St Francis Hospital in Tulsa... so my time is very much restricted as the doctors do not expect her to make it through the night and I have to take care of my wife, first.

I will try to keep a watch out for any news from pools and services and get the OP updated. Been a rough past few days around our house... Hope everyone understands.

There is really good news coming for EMD... when (and if) I can find some time to put some more hours towards Project Z!

Talk soon...

Just realized that I posted with my "other account". Anyhow... What I said up there!  Wink

BTW, I hate hospitals! But at least they have a good wifi guest network... even though cell service is very limited unless you are near an entrance. Glad I brought my laptop.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 03:34:45 PM

Nearly everyone is updated to the new source. There are a few stragglers, but all (except Hash-to-Coins and whatever other multipools are out there) have been contacted. I have tried the contact form at Hash-to-Coins numerous times but keep getting an error. If anyone knows of another way to contact them; do so today.

It looks as though the fork will happen either tonight or early tomorrow. Unfortunately, I will be away when it does occur. Everything should go smoothly... but, just in case there is a problem, I will be back online by tomorrow night and fix any problems that may arise. Two funerals in ten days were definitely not in the plans when I set the fork block.

If nothing else comes up on my end, there should be a major announcement late next week about the whole direction that EMD will be taking in the near future. There are five main components of Project Z and they will be rolled out, one at a time. There is a small amount of infrastructure to be built before four of them can be fully functional, but once that is in place; things should move quickly.

September will be huge for EMD! Now is the time to buy and/or mine. Everything is about to change!

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 01:47:35 PM

Fork is only ~25 blocks away!

Please do not mine on any pools not listed as being updated or do any deposits/withdrawals at the exchanges, unless they state that things have been updated.

As of a few minutes ago the support ticket at Cryptsy is still showing "processing" as it has since it was submitted more than a week ago. BitJohn had told me in chat that it would be done, but it looks like Mullick is still not finished. They have had some other issues the past few days...

I am hitting the road, now. Sorry I will not be here for the actual fork. I will try to check in somewhere along the road. I'm sure I can find a McD's with wifi after the services...

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 01:20:38 AM

The fork passed smoothly and Dark Gravity Wave 3 is working as it should!

Now is a great time to mine as the multipools appear to not have updated to the latest source. Difficulty is relatively low... and block times are staying right around 20 seconds (which, of course, is the goal).

The OP has been updated with all current info on which pools are on the right fork.

I would hold off depositing or withdrawing EMD from the exchanges, for now. The support ticket at Cryptsy still says "being processed". Coins-E knew about the fork, but as I do not have an account there and have not received a message from them, I am not sure if they have updated or not. I will be contacting both exchanges again, tonight.

Been a long day without internet access for me. I knew the code was sound, but there is always a nagging worry... especially when you are not able to see the changeover, firsthand.

Anyhow; all is good. Mine now while difficulty is low. Big news coming next week!

6IXr

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 10:11:59 PM

Looks as if coin-base.info is off blockchain.

As a test, I mined a few there after setting my auto-payout option really low. 

An hour after they claimed to have sent my payout, nothing in my wallet.

Small loss for me, but for others....... ?
Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 06:45:19 AM

Looks as if coin-base.info is off blockchain.

As a test, I mined a few there after setting my auto-payout option really low. 

An hour after they claimed to have sent my payout, nothing in my wallet.

Small loss for me, but for others....... ?

Coin-base.info appears to be on a chain all their own since the hardfork.

If you are mining anywhere and are not sure if you are on the right chain, check the block explorer and compare the blocks there to the blocks from the pool. If there is a huge discrepancy in the block number, chances are that the pool you are mining on is on the wrong chain.

I am working on a seed node and will be issuing an update when that is done. In the meantime, I have updated the source with some additional checkpoints which should get the pools on the right chain.

The seed node was part of the plans for this week, already. It ties in with a site that is in the works as part of project Z. I figured that while I was doing other things on the site, might as well add a seed node. It just moved up the priority ladder to first thing.

Just a few wrinkles to get ironed out, and then things will begin moving forward.

Talk soon.

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2014, 12:58:18 AM

There is a new source update available. This update is not mandatory, but adds in some new checkpoints to highlight the switchover to the new chain.

There will be a new windows client available later tonight or early tomorrow that will have the same added checkpoints. This is not a mandatory update (unless you are on a wallet version below 8.2.1 (pre-hardfork)), but will help everyone keep on the official chain.

Mining is smooth and easy right now. Check the OP for the pools that are updated and mining blocks and join one. Block times are keeping right around 20 seconds, so the update to DGW3 is working as planned. If you have had a hard time mining EMD in the past, you will really enjoy mining, now.

After getting the new wallet out, I will focus the next few days on Project Z. I am shooting for the end of the week for the announcement, but it could be as late as next Monday. After the announcement we will be having a chat session to answer any questions you may have. It may be on Skype, a Google hangout or IRC... Details will be made available when the announcement is made.

Big developments are coming down the pike!

Talk soon...

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 09:16:33 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2014, 10:16:06 PM by Emerald_Crypto

Project Z announcement will be Monday (Sept 8 )... Big developments coming very soon!

GWCalvert

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 11:18:55 AM

The price has been going nuts on Cryptsy. Huge buy pressure for nearly two days now. Goes to prove my theory that EMD was a good coin all along; but with a little development it can become a great currency.

If the price went this crazy by just adding DGW3; imagine where the price will go when the real development starts happening.  Smiley

888: 8TSFGEFRSXc7fjWt9RPQF1iGUe7T3J2GL1  Emerald Crypto Thread
jjj0923

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 04:07:23 PM

come get your EMD with the new wallet - we've found 80% of the blocks in the last 5 hours - very profitable!

Cryptsy Wallet is not updated yet but Coins-E.com is

http://emd.lifeforce.info

{
    "version" : 80301,
    "protocolversion" : 60002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 220.51950000,
    "blocks" : 1624880,
    "connections" : 6,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 1.49934796,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1409878781,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}

Lifeforce Pools : http://www.lifeforce.info
Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:44:58 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 11:55:45 AM by BitcoinNational

Here i was watching 120s thinking maybe go big ... (slaps self) ... dumbie me never checked the thread to see our dev was busy getting DGW3 upgrade done ... uggh ... BTW ... this is a massive price pump up ... but it is the most stable jump I have seen ... ever ... the buyers seem very committed to the new price range ... there might yet be another run up past 1300s.

Wow.  

Also in this time of cutting low volume coins, I'd like to acknowledge Cryptsy for stickin with a coin once it is listed.  Bittrex has a policy that you must maintain 0.1 btc/week.  MooMint just cuts you if they feel like it,without notice.  

Bittrex would have killed a listing of EMD long ago.  And a coin only needs 5.2 BTC/year.  But these low volume coins don't do the weekly average needed, but they do build up solid cores of investors, and can do 10-20 BTC volume suddenly on a big price changes.

So Cryptsy I hope you notice the benefits of being loyal to the listings, even if a coin lays low long for periods of time.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 06:45:55 PM

I had been buying a little here and there in the 120-140 range. I had an out of town meeting with a client yesterday and didn't check the price until I returned that afternoon. People in chat on Cryptsy were wondering what was going on. I was, too! It was a pleasant, but unexpected surprise to see that big of a jump and for it to sustain itself for nearly 48 hours now...

I guess if DGW3 can create this kind of push; what is in the works should skyrocket it well past any previous highs. But... you have to wait til Monday to hear about that.  Grin

Working on a video to show what is planned without giving too much away that can be copied/co-opted by some other coin. It's a delicate balance to maintain. You want to show what is coming to create interest, but cannot release all of the details because of all of the copy-cats out there. Such is life in the crypto world.  Wink

BTW, the Cryptsy wallet is still offline. You can trade there but cannot deposit or withdraw. Coins-E is updated and trading. Deposits and Withdrawals are open but the volume is very low, for now. I may talk with a couple of other exchanges to see if they will add EMD. The volume (and price) should definitely see a continued rise in the coming weeks.

jjj0923

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 10:37:10 PM

I had been buying a little here and there in the 120-140 range. I had an out of town meeting with a client yesterday and didn't check the price until I returned that afternoon. People in chat on Cryptsy were wondering what was going on. I was, too! It was a pleasant, but unexpected surprise to see that big of a jump and for it to sustain itself for nearly 48 hours now...

I guess if DGW3 can create this kind of push; what is in the works should skyrocket it well past any previous highs. But... you have to wait til Monday to hear about that.  Grin

Working on a video to show what is planned without giving too much away that can be copied/co-opted by some other coin. It's a delicate balance to maintain. You want to show what is coming to create interest, but cannot release all of the details because of all of the copy-cats out there. Such is life in the crypto world.  Wink

BTW, the Cryptsy wallet is still offline. You can trade there but cannot deposit or withdraw. Coins-E is updated and trading. Deposits and Withdrawals are open but the volume is very low, for now. I may talk with a couple of other exchanges to see if they will add EMD. The volume (and price) should definitely see a continued rise in the coming weeks.

thanks - great coin - had 70% of network hash this all this morning and  rolled up a lot of coins - e have about 35% now and the coin is great!

http://emd.lifeforce.info

Earthcoin :http://eac.lifeforce.info -  Netcoin:  http://net.lifeforce.info - Hundred Coin Pool : http://100.lifeforce.info
Redoakcoin Pool : http://roc.lifeforce.info Guldencoin http://nlg.lifeforce.info also Worldcoin, Guncoin, NOBL, USDe, Tagcoin, Topcoin , Tagcoin , Credits, Goldcoin & Hobonickels
thono

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 10:50:44 PM

admin is there any i can do translated into indonesia ?
if yes quoted me and

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:52:00 AM

I think I've figured out why we're having so many damn orphan blocks, and people's credits getting reversed......

"addr" : "104.131.142.198:7999",
        "services" : "00000003",
        "lastsend" : 1409971329,
        "lastrecv" : 1409971329,
        "conntime" : 1409953566,
        "version" : 2000000,
        "subver" : "/DGC:2.0.0/",
        "inbound" : false,
        "releasetime" : 0,
        "startingheight" : 957573,
        "banscore" : 0

That's a Digitalcoin node, but apparently emerald thinks its all good.. I'm guessing it's the "peermagic" or PCHstart bits are matching on both coins, allowing them to connect with each other. I'll have a look later on.

Meanwhile, gonna rework a couple things and see if things smooth out!

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 05:26:59 AM

I think I've figured out why we're having so many damn orphan blocks, and people's credits getting reversed......

That's a Digitalcoin node, but apparently emerald thinks its all good.. I'm guessing it's the "peermagic" or PCHstart bits are matching on both coins, allowing them to connect with each other. I'll have a look later on.

Many of these old litecoin clones have matching bits. I've noticed many coins that the nodes of other coins show up in their peers lists. One of the things I'm working on for the next major wallet update is to ban other peers from showing up. Probably can't knock them all out, but should be able to block the majority of bad peers including older versions of EMD.

I tried to do it in 8.3, but it wouldn't sync properly... I needed to get the new checkpoints out to help get/keep people on the proper chain, so I decided to wait. I will work on it some more and get it included in the next update.

Meanwhile things are still moving in the right direction, overall. There have been a couple of hiccups; but most have been ironed out.

Some of the multipools have begun the switchover, so mining may be about to get tougher. There is a nice amount of hash on the network now; so that may keep some of them at bay, unless the difficulty drops low. But with the price where it is, it makes it much more profitable to mine at higher difficulties.

I'm starting to ramble... Talk soon...  Wink

Emerald_Crypto (OP)

EMD Core Team

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 05:34:41 AM

admin is there any i can do translated into indonesia ?
if yes quoted me and

Yes, we can use an Indonesian (and Chinese, German, French, Spanish, etc) translation. When you get the translation done, send us a PM with the link and your EMD wallet address and we'll shoot you some coin.

Anyone else wanting to fill one of the other translations, post your intentions in the thread and then send me the link and your EMD address in a PM and we'll get you hooked up with some coin, as well.

jjj0923

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:01:00 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 11:37:40 AM by jjj0923

just an fyi:

if you don't think this is a great coin to mine check out these numbers:

http://poolpicker.eu/table show how the so called "highly profitable" multipools perform on a daily basis in terms of btc yield per mh

the best yesterday was Blackpool at a yield of: .00060303 and the rest were in the .0005 and .0004 range and ltc only yielded .0003 (pathetic)

EMD currently trading on Cryptsy at about 869 sat was yielding .0006029 - one coin doing just as good as the so called 'profit picking' multi pools and better than all of them but one and it has been as high as 1099 sat in the last 24 hours -

thank you to the miners in my pool - they're finding about 80% of all blocks.

devs - keep up the great work!!

edric

Activity: 546
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:46:42 PM

Many of these old litecoin clones have matching bits. I've noticed many coins that the nodes of other coins show up in their peers lists. One of the things I'm working on for the next major wallet update is to ban other peers from showing up. Probably can't knock them all out, but should be able to block the majority of bad peers including older versions of EMD.

I tried to do it in 8.3, but it wouldn't sync properly... I needed to get the new checkpoints out to help get/keep people on the proper chain, so I decided to wait. I will work on it some more and get it included in the next update.

Meanwhile things are still moving in the right direction, overall. There have been a couple of hiccups; but most have been ironed out.

Some of the multipools have begun the switchover, so mining may be about to get tougher. There is a nice amount of hash on the network now; so that may keep some of them at bay, unless the difficulty drops low. But with the price where it is, it makes it much more profitable to mine at higher difficulties.

I'm starting to ramble... Talk soon...  Wink

I'm so tired I can't even think anymore... Anyway, the multipool's wallet seems ok, but the MPOS pool's wallet keeps mining many orphans in a row.. Tried knocking out all the addnodes and just using the ones supplied in the OP, even just using "connect" with them, keeps happening. I'm doing a complete resync now in hopes that it works itself out. The multi's wallet is running with the supplied addnodes as well as a bunch of addnodes I picked up somewhere, seems to be on the right block and everything looks alright.

Don't know if I can stay awake long enough for the wallet to finish sync and put the pool back in operation, lol. If all else fails, try out the multipool at http://multipool.fedaykin.us:100, remember to use the lowest port number for vardiff.

Spidersbox
Legendary

Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 04:44:04 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 06:58:10 PM by Spidersbox

I just started with this coin mining stuff and learning linux two months ago so this might be a dumb question:
"addr" : "104.131.142.198:7999" is connecting on port 7999 right ?
is there a way to lock the emerald daemon to it's port and not except communication on other ports, or do I have to figure out how to block ports on my ubuntu box ??

<edit>
also - how would I stop this connection?
 {
        "addr" : "24.73.54.244:12128",
        "services" : "00000001",
        "lastsend" : 1410029538,
        "lastrecv" : 1410029440,
        "conntime" : 1410027930,
        "version" : 60001,
        "subver" : "/Satoshi:0.7.1.2/",
        "startingheight" : 0,
    }

am I going to have to watch every connection and use iptables DROP for every one.... could be a long list.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: