Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:52:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless.
True
False

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WSX][WeAreSatoshi]X11|PoS/PoW|EST 2014|Low Cap|Active Development MN  (Read 83295 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PCLogic

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 02:48:57 PM

i see a lot of activities on twitter, great job guys. i can beta test mac wallet if you want me to.  Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmericanComputerNerd

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 03:56:49 PM

i see a lot of activities on twitter, great job guys. i can beta test mac wallet if you want me to.  Wink

Just published it...  I didn't notice any bugs on my environment, but give it a look and let me know.

https://github.com/WeAreSatoshi/WeAreSatoshi-Binaries/blob/master/WeAreSatoshi-2.0.3.0-OSX-Qt.dmg?raw=true
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 04:27:48 PM

Just published it...  I didn't notice any bugs on my environment, but give it a look and let me know.

https://github.com/WeAreSatoshi/WeAreSatoshi-Binaries/blob/master/WeAreSatoshi-2.0.3.0-OSX-Qt.dmg?raw=true

Sounds good and I just updated OP with the link and sent out a tweet. Thanks ACN.
AmericanComputerNerd

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2014, 05:23:37 PM

Just taking a look at the c-cex.com trade history has me really excited about the coin's future now that we've ended the coin swap...

125 WSX Sold compared to hundreds of thousands Bought!  Hopefully this keeps up and continues to build.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:32:23 PM

Just taking a look at the c-cex.com trade history has me really excited about the coin's future now that we've ended the coin swap...

125 WSX Sold compared to hundreds of thousands Bought!  Hopefully this keeps up and continues to build.

Yes people are buying for sure. It was a great idea to set an end date for the swap because it has taken out some uncertainty.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 05:40:15 PM

125 WSX Sold compared to hundreds of thousands Bought!  Hopefully this keeps up and continues to build.

Yes people are buying for sure. It was a great idea to set an end date for the swap because it has taken out some uncertainty.

We've been hot the CEX Hot coins board for a few days now since the swap ended. When will BT list us? Does anyone a good connection?
Hot coins: SSV: 24.03, BURST: 21.36, PROZ: 18.15, FLEX: 8.49, LTC: 3.97, MLS: 1.75, NWO: 1.74, WSX: 1.56, PLCN: 1.23, NOTE: 1.18
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 08:02:47 PM

Please RT:

https://twitter.com/WeAreSatoshi/status/507981388587737088
glassgoose45

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2014, 11:48:41 PM

Ever since downloading the updated v1 client, I have had 0 connections to the network.  It's been 4 weeks now since I downloaded the client, and I'm 4 weeks behind.  I fear this is a cover-up for all my v1 coins being stolen by this new takeover team.  This is the case for the v1 PC client, the link is broken for the v1 mac client so I cannot test it there.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:20:57 AM

Ever since downloading the updated v1 client, I have had 0 connections to the network.  It's been 4 weeks now since I downloaded the client, and I'm 4 weeks behind.  I fear this is a cover-up for all my v1 coins being stolen by this new takeover team.  This is the case for the v1 PC client, the link is broken for the v1 mac client so I cannot test it there.

MrData gave everyone the option to send him the wallet.dat and he would do the swap manually. We took down the support for version 1 since the swap ended. You can buy WSX while it's still cheap.
MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 12:24:31 AM

MrData gave everyone the option to send him the wallet.dat and he would do the swap manually. We took down the support for version 1 since the swap ended. You can buy WSX while it's still cheap.

Yep, we ran the swap for nearly 2 months and I mentioned many times that people could send me their wallet.dat's for manual conversion. You were one of the early FUD posters so you knew about the swap, why didn't you post or PM if you were having problems?

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
glassgoose45

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 12:49:15 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 01:01:44 AM by glassgoose45

Ever since downloading the updated v1 client, I have had 0 connections to the network.  It's been 4 weeks now since I downloaded the client, and I'm 4 weeks behind.  I fear this is a cover-up for all my v1 coins being stolen by this new takeover team.  This is the case for the v1 PC client, the link is broken for the v1 mac client so I cannot test it there.

Yep, we ran the swap for nearly 2 months and I mentioned many times that people could send me their wallet.dat's for manual conversion. You were one of the early FUD posters so you knew about the swap, why didn't you post or PM if you were having problems?
Wow, only 2 months?  I was unavailable during that whole time due to moving to a new state and taking up a new job.  I don't see why I should be stuck with useless coins just because you decided on such a short timeframe (which was not on the official site at all BTW).  I was not posting FUD, I was angry at my project being taken over without anyone telling me.  I created the original website and logo, and considered myself part of the original team.  I spent personal money on behalf of this project, and labored many hours on promoting #WAS.  No one emailed me or informed me about the new v2, I just found out about it after coming back online after moving and settling in.  Imagine how you would feel if you spent months helping a new coin to get going, then the second you turn your back, its been taken over by someone else, and they are declaring all your coins have become invalid because you were gone too long.  And FYI if I knew I was supposed to PM someone to get my coins swapped I would have.  Why is this information not on the official website, where users are supposed to get information?  I can't read through 13 pages of posts to learn important information like that.

This whole process is unprofessional and not becoming of a currency.  I will not buy new currency when I have spent months mining it from the beginning, and another month trying to convert it following the official website's instructions of downloading the updated client.

When did the swap end? Where was this announced? You realize you have probably only converted 50% of the v1 coins, because you haven't given it enough time for the message to reach everyone?  Not everyone follows this forum, they check the official site every month or so for updates.  I feel this is a case of intentional market manipulation.  You quickly killed off the v1 coins before anyone could even find out about it, or have time to make the decision, or even know there was a time limit because none of this was on the official site, it was all buried in this forum.
AmericanComputerNerd

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 01:04:55 AM

Where in the world would we sell v1 coins, even if it was a scam?  They are worthless, which is the whole premise of the 1 / 1000 coin swap...  Until we created a buzz, you could hardly give them away...  Here's 10,000,000 for 5 DOGE...

Brian - You're running a moderated thread, I say delete these comments and call it a day.  His concerns are public knowledge on the prior threads...
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 01:07:40 AM

Wow, only 2 months?  I was unavailable during that whole time due to moving to a new state and taking up a new job.  I don't see why I should be stuck with useless coins just because you decided on such a short timeframe (which was not on the official site at all BTW).  I was not posting FUD, I was angry at my project being taken over without anyone telling me.  I created the original website and logo, and considered myself part of the original team.  I spent personal money on behalf of this project, and labored many hours on promoting #WAS.  No one emailed me or informed me about the new v2, I just found out about it after coming back online after moving and settling in.  And FYI if I knew I was supposed to PM someone to get my coins swapped I would have.  Why is this information not on the official website, where users are supposed to get information?  I can't read through 22 pages of posts to learn important information like that.

This whole process is unprofessional and not becoming of a currency.  I will not buy new currency when I have spent months mining it from the beginning, and another month trying to convert it following the official website's instructions of downloading the updated client.

WAS2 (now WSX) was created with community support and approval of the original WAS dev. Your work is not in vain and you are welcome to continue promoting WeAreSatoshi in it's current form. I'm sorry you missed the swap but your post history in this and the other WAS thread proves you knew about WAS v2 and the swap which leads me to think you are just here to troll. As a general rule for 99% of coins if you have trouble you should post in their thread, not let it sit for a month. Sending me the file was just a fallback in case anyone had trouble with the client on their PC; I think only 2 people actually needed to in the end.

I hope you can take a look at the new client and the things we have accomplished so far and see some value in it now that it's been some time since WAS v2 came out.

AmericanComputerNerd

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 01:14:33 AM

WAS2 (now WSX) was created with community support and approval of the original WAS dev. Your work is not in vain and you are welcome to continue promoting WeAreSatoshi in it's current form. I'm sorry you missed the swap but your post history in this and the other WAS thread proves you knew about WAS v2 and the swap which leads me to think you are just here to troll. As a general rule for 99% of coins if you have trouble you should post in their thread, not let it sit for a month. Sending me the file was just a fallback in case anyone had trouble with the client on their PC; I think only 2 people actually needed to in the end.

I hope you can take a look at the new client and the things we have accomplished so far and see some value in it now that it's been some time since WAS v2 came out.

I am sorry you were left out of the 'takeover'...  The original developer did not mention you at all when I reached out to him.  He turned over the Twitter account and gave us his blessing.

From what I understand, you still have control of the WeAreSatoshi Foundation website and Twitter feed.  Brian has not finalized plans for that fund.  Maybe you can help him, and re-invent (or just relaunch) the Foundation?

My only concern, as mentioned in the previous thread is that you say it's a registered non-profit but don't show proof.  Either drop that statement or back it up.
glassgoose45

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:36:45 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 01:53:14 AM by glassgoose45

Wow, only 2 months?  I was unavailable during that whole time due to moving to a new state and taking up a new job.  I don't see why I should be stuck with useless coins just because you decided on such a short timeframe (which was not on the official site at all BTW).  I was not posting FUD, I was angry at my project being taken over without anyone telling me.  I created the original website and logo, and considered myself part of the original team.  I spent personal money on behalf of this project, and labored many hours on promoting #WAS.  No one emailed me or informed me about the new v2, I just found out about it after coming back online after moving and settling in.  And FYI if I knew I was supposed to PM someone to get my coins swapped I would have.  Why is this information not on the official website, where users are supposed to get information?  I can't read through 22 pages of posts to learn important information like that.

I am absolutely not here to troll.  I posted legitimate concerns when I found out about the new coin, and upon reflecting I decided to make the swap.  I only hesitated for a few days.  I downloaded the v1 client 4-5 weeks ago, I know this based on the amount of time behind I am on the block history.  I saw nowhere that there was a time limit.  Where was this posted?  I was busy all month trying to make money to pay my rent, I did not have time to diagnose the issue with the block history until now.  Again though, if there was a time limit for the swap, why was it not posted on the official website?  If I had known there was a time limit, I would have made time for this in my busy schedule.  Even now you can look and it says simply download the v1 client to participate in the swap.  It says nowhere that you need to hurry ASAP to the forum if you are having issues because the swap is ending soon.

I am sorry you were left out of the 'takeover'...  The original developer did not mention you at all when I reached out to him.  He turned over the Twitter account and gave us his blessing.

From what I understand, you still have control of the WeAreSatoshi Foundation website and Twitter feed.  Brian has not finalized plans for that fund.  Maybe you can help him, and re-invent (or just relaunch) the Foundation?

My only concern, as mentioned in the previous thread is that you say it's a registered non-profit but don't show proof.  Either drop that statement or back it up.

Yes I still have control of those, although due to recent events I am unable to work fulltime anymore on coins.  I will be perfectly willing to give control of the foundation to you guys, but I still feel uneasy about this team.  The way this process was handled, it feels rushed and out of control.  So much was missing from the official website about the process of conversion (i.e. timeframes and FAQs and warnings), this might as well be a new coin to 50% of the population.  All the people most involved got to participate in the conversion, and decide when to end the conversion (when they got theirs).  But all the people who were not involved, who missed the bus, or who have still not come back to check on their investment in #WAS, are in for a terrible discovery.  It's not right.

At least continue the swap at market prices, if you can't be assed to give 100% of the population the same privilege you got for being the architects of the v1/v2 move. As it stands, probably 50% of v1 coins remain unconverted.

And if v1 is shut down forever, why would you doom all those unconverted coins to complete invalidation?  Just because you and your friends are done converting doesn't mean everyone else is done, or even aware they needed to convert in a certain time frame...

Also let me ask, why is there even a time frame for v1 conversion?  What problem are you solving by ending the swap?  What problems would be created by simply re-opening the swap?
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 01:52:51 AM

And if v1 is shut down forever, why would you doom all those unconverted coins to complete invalidation?  Just because you and your friends are done converting doesn't mean everyone else is done, or even aware they needed to convert in a certain time frame...

We gave nearly a full 2 months which is a lot more than many/most coins do... lots of them let an exchange do it and everyone just gets the one chance to swap. We burned the unclaimed v2 coins after the swap was over so people don't claim we are holding on to them to dump later.

glassgoose45

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 01:56:01 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 02:12:54 AM by glassgoose45

We gave nearly a full 2 months which is a lot more than many/most coins do... lots of them let an exchange do it and everyone just gets the one chance to swap. We burned the unclaimed v2 coins after the swap was over so people don't claim we are holding on to them to dump later.

But why would you need to burn the coins at all, when you could have/should have let the swap stay open until all 14.3m coins were  swapped?  And if you arbitarily burned 14.3m coins, why couldn't you arbitrarily have 14.3m coins created again for the purpose of continuing the swap to its real completion?  I see no reason why this swap was ended except that everyone important already got theirs.  I feel like the only purpose for ending the swap at all is to shut out the rest of the population, and give all the value to a chosen few.

Somewhere, someone said "the community has had plenty of time to convert now, if they havent by now then they are never going to".  And they had no right to make that assumption on the communities behalf.

Who made the decision to end the swap?  I thought coins were supposed to be owned by the community.  If 100% of the community has not yet converted, then no one had any right to order the swap to be closed.  To say otherwise is to say this new coin is not owned by the community, but by a chosen few.

I would be perfectly fine if this was 100% market driven as you said, by having a v1/v2 exchange.  But its not.  You've closed v1/v2 conversion completely, and co-opted all the power of doing that to yourself and the group of people who were around for this small timeframe.  It's manipulated by the definition of the word, in that certain people got a better deal than others, just because they were around for a timeframe that they themselves decided on.  A large portion of the original #WAS community will have lost out, while a small portion will have made out.   100% of the new team have gotten to make the conversion, and also decide that everyone else no longer gets the chance to convert anymore.  How is that fair?

My point is, the swap should not have been closed.  Please give me a legitimate reason why it was closed before the 14.3m ran out.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:13:14 AM

Am I not correct in stating that people can continue the version 1 WAS if they build a network around it? HYP forked off of Truck coin and you were able to keep both coins. Now I know most developers say you can't do that but I witnessed first hand it being done.
glassgoose45

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:16:28 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 02:30:07 AM by glassgoose45

Am I not correct in stating that people can continue the version 1 WAS if they build a network around it? HYP forked off of Truck coin and you were able to keep both coins. Now I know most developers say you can't do that but I witnessed first hand it being done.

Hey tomcat.  I was led to believe this was what was happening with WAS, that is why I didn't think there was a timeframe for conversion, I thought v1 and v2 would co-exist and always be swappable, in a kind of interesting way.

But apparently when they closed the swap, they also "ended support for v1" which I guess means v1 now has no developer, as MrBrew is no longer developing.  We would need a developer to step in to save v1 from extinction, since it seems the new team would rather close the swap than keep it open for the sake of anyone who hasn't gotten the message yet...

If I knew what to do, I would do it in a heartbeat.  I put so much of my time and effort into #WAS.  I am really depressed and angry at how this has been handled.  I just wish the new team didn't have a deathwish for v1 coins...

At this point, #WAS has been cannibalized in order for a certain number of people to enter into a new market without mining or buying in.  WSX has chewed up #WAS and spit out the rest, the people who are now unable to enter into the new market.  Not trying to make this seem like FUD, but its hard to see it in a positive light.

I want to support v2 and v1, not just one or the other.
brian_nguyen (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 02:19:36 AM

glassgoose45- We gave people plenty time to do the swap and it was announced on this thread, on the old thread, cryptocointalk, multiple times on Twitter. I even personally PM every single users on the old thread and emailed you to inform about the take over. It will be pointless to go back and forth claiming to be the community when you're the only one that speak, where were you when WAS needed and if you supported WAS as nearly as you did, this whole thread wouldn't even exist. If you want to support us then all by mean, welcome. If you don't then stay off this thread. I don't want to delete posts but I will if I have to. It's now a new era for WeAreSatoshi X11 (WSX) and we have much to do. Cheers!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: