Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:29:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy Withdrawal Delays! (Not Resolved)  (Read 4402 times)
zackprince (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 05:10:56 AM

This issue pops up from time to time. As far as the receiving the portion of your withdraw. Why this happens is as folks continue to mine and deposit very small inputs say 5 coins over and over again we build up a ton of small inputs. When say a bigger trader comes along and make one large withdraw. All of the tiny inputs have to be combined to make the large withdraw of say a million so that could be 200,000 inputs for that one transaction. Whats this do it typically hangs the wallet so we implemented a "fix" that will keep making your withdraw smaller until it sends. We also then get alerted and work on combining inputs internally so that we do not have the problem in the future (this takes a bit).

I actually explained it in some depth... I also mentioned that you should split that withdraw into a few smaller ones to avoid the issue or wait until we get inputs combined.

Ok. But its not 200,000 inputs were talking about 40ish.

You currently have ZERO pending withdraws which is your current issue. As far as number of inputs that was an example... so it could be deposits of .1 the issue is not apparent to a customer.

I would like to hear you address the rumors about how Cryptsy uses customer funds to play the market while it is profitable. How can you only release 1/2 of a customers funds if you in fact know that person is already who they said they are?

I would love to address it. Simply not true. I will say however I do not think its an industry standard practice of not doing that... As far as half the funds I explained that above twice now its automated its due to small inputs having to be combined into large outputs when the wallet hangs doing this the system cuts it until it sends. Crappy part is you have to resend again the remaining (preferably as a smaller group of withdraws). As far as knowing who that customer is well we only know who verified customers are if your not and your using a TOR node and will not implement 2FA for your own safety its suspect behavior. I would think the majority of customers would appreciate the efforts we put into making sure funds are secure.

I do honestly appreciate your efforts, please however understand my frustration. I was not expecting this process to become so tedious.
Understandably at times it can be tedious but its due to our security and fraud prevention which protects your account. The initial deposit took so long due to the refusal to implement security on your account... Typically and historically this would indicate you may not be the actual owner of the account.

Changing your font color to red is not making you sound more persuasive.

Don't take me for an idiot. I check the first transaction in the block explorer and i saw 42 inputs. NOT 200,000. Other Exchanges are not having this problem, only Cryptsy. If in fact your wallets are crashing prove it. Clear it with your security person and post some redacted logs. There is clearly something wrong with the way your system is designed.

Also your insinuations that using TOR automatically implies fraud is offensive. The American Govt. is spying on the entire world. Are you going to deny that? We can sit here and call each other scumbags all day but the fact is that you and your company are registered with FinCen a branch of an evil government overreaching its own constitutional powers and undermining the principles of privacy and decentralization that the CryptoCoin community stands on. Which side are you on. Let me ask you point blank. Do you acknowledge the erosion of privacy and civil liberties by the US government and stand with those who oppose it or are you simply a amoral business man shilling to whatever side is most profitable or do you actually support these programs?

BTW sophisticated hackers would not use tor on initiating withdrawals but instead would use a sock5 proxy which are much harder to detect.

Do you recognize legitimate privacy concerns? Are you willing to set up a 2FA pgp based asymmetrical authentication scheme for those who take their privacy seriously? Are you now a shill for FinCen and need my cellphone number and my ID scans?

I am still waiting for another 2800ANC withdrawal and Frankly I am offended at your rude insinuations and lack of professionalism over this whole ordeal. I will not do business with cryptsy.com again.

With block times of 2.5 minutes this whole thing should have been done in 15 minutes instead it has been nearly 3 days. Do you imagine this delay is pleasant? 2FA is not mandatory why should you use this as an excuse to delay my payments. And TOR usage, i have been logging into this account from tor nodes for months. It sounds like you are refusing to acknowledge something is wrong and are trying to shift the blame onto the constumer. Which many people would persieve as an unethical business practice.

It is not my intention to argue with you I simply want to withdraw my funds with little hassle. Is that to much to ask for?
breakbeater

Activity: 444
Merit: 250

Life is a bitch, get used to it...

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:25:22 AM

@BitJohn:
what about my 3 months old ticket? (you are "diging" in for 1 month). I still didn't receive an answer from support or any reply to my PMs sent to you.
cryptozim

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 02:38:35 PM

I should also mention that TOR though great for anonymity raises flags as its our goal to make sure the right person receives their coins.

In response to this activity, we look at many things to ensure that every withdraw leaving Cryptsy is authorized.

4) Do not login to Cryptsy using TOR or any other means that conceals the true origin of user.

Do you guys have any idea who your customer base is?

BTC: 15h26g3SUu6iXUi1phv5FHmASc5hDeGHpJ | LSK: 840098997497226041L | CSC: cMsbRGMLzu7Ss8L7Vv6osksUyt5P322uxS
zackprince (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 03:35:40 PM

So far they have canceled 6 attempts at withdrawal due to their "wallet issues". The last 600 coins have been pending for hours while they "figure out inputs".

No new responses. Nobody is handling this issue for me. After 3 day and lots of hassle it still is not resolved. No apologies, only excuses and procrastination.
gustav

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 04:14:34 PM

This issue pops up from time to time. As far as the receiving the portion of your withdraw. Why this happens is as folks continue to mine and deposit very small inputs say 5 coins over and over again we build up a ton of small inputs. When say a bigger trader comes along and make one large withdraw. All of the tiny inputs have to be combined to make the large withdraw of say a million so that could be 200,000 inputs for that one transaction. Whats this do it typically hangs the wallet so we implemented a "fix" that will keep making your withdraw smaller until it sends. We also then get alerted and work on combining inputs internally so that we do not have the problem in the future (this takes a bit).

As far as delayed withdraws there are many reasons this can happen. Password resets are an automatic 24 hour delay. Something else in your account flagged it as suspicious Fraud prevention is a large portion of these.. You live in an OFAC nation... The list is actually quite large. We work with everyone that puts in a ticket on these issues and 99% are easily resolved. I have contacted the new forum member that started this post and he has yet to respond to me on this issue, also common with these threads.

Best course of action is to start a ticket and your issue will get handled.

edit: OP of the threads funds have been released. I should also mention that TOR though great for anonymity raises flags as its our goal to make sure the right person receives their coins.

how about implementing minimum-deposits and minimum trade-size?
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:00:13 PM

As far as delayed withdraws there are many reasons this can happen. Password resets are an automatic 24 hour delay. Something else in your account flagged it as suspicious Fraud prevention is a large portion of these.. You live in an OFAC nation... The list is actually quite large. We work with everyone that puts in a ticket on these issues and 99% are easily resolved. I have contacted the new forum member that started this post and he has yet to respond to me on this issue, also common with these threads.

edit: OP of the threads funds have been released. I should also mention that TOR though great for anonymity raises flags as its our goal to make sure the right person receives their coins.

We had some in the past but then we would just have some poor miner who would essentially loose his deposits because of a rule. And you cant prevent someone from sending the money some the input problem still exists.
BBmodBB

Activity: 154

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:10:13 PM

We had some in the past but then we would just have some poor miner who would essentially loose his deposits because of a rule. And you cant prevent someone from sending the money some the input problem still exists.

you are a fruitcake and no one should take what you say for anything but complete nonsense. You have failed the crypto community and you have failed me! YOU STILL WANT TO GO SHOOTING? =\

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:12:52 PM

You guys just must be having some bad luck. I have used Cryptsy since day one and have had no unresolved issues. I have traded several thousand BTC in dozens of alt coins with no problem.

The one issue I did have with a non transaction relation event was resolved quickly by their customer service.

~BCX~

ASSCLOWN = PAID PROMOTER^^^^^  Roll Eyes

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
zackprince (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:14:11 PM

I still have 600 coins that have been "pending" for 8hours. Is this because inputs are to large? How much longer do i have to wait?
gustav

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:08:39 PM

well those miners sending 0.0000001 cents worth of coins need to learn then, i guess? Or what's your solution to the problem? Who is more important? The tiny miner or the big trader?
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:10:26 PM

well those miners sending 0.0000001 cents worth of coins need to learn then, i guess? Or what's your solution to the problem?

The solution is us tracking which wallets have those inputs and combining them faster than we currently do Smiley
gustav

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:42:56 AM

The solution is us tracking which wallets have those inputs and combining them faster than we currently do Smiley

good  idea
zackprince (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:54:40 AM

It has been 4 days and I have still not been able to successfully withdraw my funds. I still have 600coins that have been frozen for nearly 12 hours.
zackprince (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:08:11 AM

All coins withdrawn. Finally.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:10:12 AM

I would like to hear you address the rumors about how Cryptsy uses customer funds to play the market while it is profitable. How can you only release 1/2 of a customers funds if you in fact know that person is already who they said they are?

I would love to address it. Simply not true. I will say however I do not think its an industry standard practice of not doing that... As far as half the funds I explained that above twice now its automated its due to small inputs having to be combined into large outputs when the wallet hangs doing this the system cuts it until it sends. Crappy part is you have to resend again the remaining (preferably as a smaller group of withdraws). As far as knowing who that customer is well we only know who verified customers are if your not and your using a TOR node and will not implement 2FA for your own safety its suspect behavior. I would think the majority of customers would appreciate the efforts we put into making sure funds are secure.

What do you find is one of the coins where you have the least amount of problems of large and small amounts being withdrawn during times of high volume?
leoragraves666

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:51:50 AM

4 btc stuck last 24h

PC & Mac repairs
zackprince (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 11:42:59 PM

Update: I spoke to soon. The last 600 coins are stuck in limbo. There have been no confirmations for 24hours. Why wont the transaction get wrapped into a block? The fee was certainly large enough.
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:42:41 AM

I still have several thousand coins in which I deposited months and have simply vanished because "tracking coins are too hard" and ANY issue I have ever had has more often than not been met with a complete refusal to take ownership and shifting blame onto the customer. I have been burnt by Cryptsy so many times over the past 9 months that I take my business elsewhere.
BBmodBB

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 05:01:20 AM

i literally had MILLIONS of coins vanish, then they lock my account without reason nor cause!!! 

Undecided  cryptsy you suck !!!

minerjoen

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:10:55 AM

i literally had MILLIONS of coins vanish, then they lock my account without reason nor cause!!!  

Undecided  cryptsy you suck !!!

Any chance of proof, like TXID or Screen Shots

Guessing probably not.

~BCX~

Well i had the same with mooncoin, well had, i still have, every 5 days i needed to re-open the ticket, after 3 months of trying i stopped.

I sended all the info they needed, account name, txid, wallet adres from my wallet + wallet on cryptsy, screenshots etc.. they found the moon coins ( duh because it was on pending deposits ) only thing was happend that from the few k mooncoins ( i know not much, its wasn't for me the matter how much it was, but it was about trust, what IF this happen with my bitcoins .. )
Anyway at the end i have 0.8 mooncoins to spend, other few k are just gone and no reaction anymore

For the rest i like cryptsy and i didn't stop using it, but i believe this topic starter can have problems..

Where i think the problems starts is the helpdesk who take care of the created tickets, always fake names like cloe, loah, britney, always crazy girl names. I guess those people dont take the job serious so nothing will happen with ur ticket. They tell you they will send it to the dev team for a look at it, i think that just almost never happen. Because after that u hear nothing anymore, never.

Last ticket i created was about the btc/nav market, reaction from:
Hello Joen,

Thank you for introducing me to this market.
I have submitted this information to our development team who will review it
to see if it meets our requirements for addition to the Cryptsy exchange.
If there is anything else I can do for you, please let me know. :-)

Sincerely,
Leah
Cryptsy Team Leader
Cryptsy.com

Guess what happened? 5 days later: ticket solved.. anyway nothing has solved, no reaction no nothing, so i re-opened the ticket, its like a circle goes around.

Reaction after i gave all the info about the mooncoin:
Hello Joen,

I have escalated this ticket to our tech support team. Please let me know when your deposit has gone thru.
Thank you kindly for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
Phoebe
Cryptsy.com

Guess what happened? just nothing.

Bitcoin: 1GPjrqoWGQfqyCEYnPhbA3nWN9dmMwFHRE
Elementrem: 0xF4789b95826C4474B3E7C780Fd90f639b51C4B6c
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: