Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:45:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Quantum Computer.  (Read 4583 times)
gtraah

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:39:39 PM

lollll Wow... I'm surprised people even comment to these threads.... some of the comments are just W O W..... fukkk u know what? wtf am I commenting here for!  Roll Eyes

Bleeghhhhhh I have just realized this Discussion forum is 85% full of B-shit, big time...I cant beleive it has taken me this long to notice the percentage of shit here.. , cubye  Grin
RedDiamond

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:05:49 PM

lollll Wow... I'm surprised people even comment to these threads.... some of the comments are just W O W..... fukkk u know what? wtf am I commenting here for!  Roll Eyes

Bleeghhhhhh I have just realized this Discussion forum is 85% full of B-shit, big time...I cant beleive it has taken me this long to notice the percentage of shit here.. , cubye  Grin

If you need more high quality forum for discussing about quantum computing maybe this is right place for you:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v484/n7392/full/nature10900.html
http://www.nature.com/rss/feed?doi=10.1038/nature10900
Fray

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:29:03 PM

Quantum computers will affect bitcoin the same way teleportation or time travel will do.

Quantum computers are real.

So is time travel and teleportation. Quantum computers are just closer to becoming reality. And quantum computers arent really measured as 1000x faster.. instead of doing calculations really quickly one at a time, the quantum computer does all the calculations at the same time. Or something to that effect. It will be exponentially faster than anything we have today. Theres some good videos on Youtube that explain it.
Time travel is not real. You can only "go forward in time" by traveling at speeds that approach the speed of light as it makes it seem like time is going by faster then it really is. You cannot travel backwards in time.

Quantum computers are not a threat as ASICs are already in use on the network which will be more efficient then Quantum computers.
CharHill

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:21:39 PM

I think a lot of things will have to change when quantum computers come into existence. Im sure we will cross that bridge when we get to it. No point speculating whats going to happen when the computers don't even exist yet.

Yes, it's true. But we can to think about future of mine with so high power. Number of miners will go so low with that machines, i think.
Skoupi

Activity: 252

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:40:55 PM

I 'm buying a quantum alienwarer
Quantum computers will affect bitcoin the same way teleportation or time travel will do.

Quantum computers are real.

Sure they are. I saw one recently in "zero theorem".
Here is the link to the scientific paper http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2333804/?ref_=nv_sr_1
Pente

Activity: 528
Merit: 527

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:52:44 PM

I will start worrying (and educating myself) about quantum computers when they start factoring very large numbers. Until then...same category as interdimensional aliens using advanced technology to hijack the blockchain.
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:29:38 PM

I will start worrying (and educating myself) about quantum computers when they start factoring very large numbers. Until then...same category as interdimensional aliens using advanced technology to hijack the blockchain.

haha 'tis true! Aliens would probably be able to pwn the blockchain using a smartphone equivalent.
coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:30:36 PM

It has already been done. So start worrying.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Fray

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:50:35 PM

I believe that the NSA has already developed/purchased to help them handle all their data they get from their spying programs. I believe it was also very expensive (in the billions of dollars).
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:56:13 PM

I believe that the NSA has already developed/purchased to help them handle all their data they get from their spying programs. I believe it was also very expensive (in the billions of dollars).

Actually a Canadian Company developed them at $10 million per pop. They were heavily funded by Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com and the CIA. Lockheed Martin bought the first one and a university used one to solve complex equations that were not solvable until this thing came out.

http://www.dwavesys.com/

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Skoupi

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:17:08 PM

Actually a Canadian Company developed them at $10 million per pop. They were heavily funded by Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com and the CIA. Lockheed Martin bought the first one and a university used one to solve complex equations that were not solvable until this thing came out.

The majority of the scientific community laughs on this project for almost 10 years now.
It's not quantum. Both in theory and practice.
Actually in practice things are even worse with generic computers outperforming d-wave in many cases.

Get over it. There is no quantum computing. There is research but atm with zero results.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:26:24 PM

The majority of the scientific community laughs on this project for almost 10 years now.
It's not quantum. Both in theory and practice.
Actually in practice things are even worse with generic computers outperforming d-wave in many cases.

Get over it. There is no quantum computing. There is research but atm with zero results.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:01:23 AM

what are you saying is BS?

coinits
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:07:36 AM

Everything that he said is 100% bullshit. I did the research and he is pulling stuff out of his ass.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:19:58 AM

Everything that he said is 100% bullshit. I did the research and he is pulling stuff out of his ass.

What did you find?  According to wikipedia, 143 is the largest number ever factored
by a quantum machine.  To me, that counts pretty much as "zero results".

Skoupi

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:19:15 AM

Look more bullshit:
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/344/6190/1330.summary
Cortex7

Activity: 238
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:34:03 AM

What did you find?  According to wikipedia, 143 is the largest number ever factored
by a quantum machine.  To me, that counts pretty much as "zero results".

The example in wikepedia concerns sampling raw qbits (like D-Wave does).

The factoring result was stated with X% certainty, where X was <50%, I can't remember the number.

The output was a gaussian spread over discreet bins after multiple runs, the highest bin being the result.

The trouble being that the act of sampling the qbit almost destroys all info, the quantum state being so fragile, many samples are needed to get a result over the noise floor.

However steps are being made toward a "logical qbit" and if it does as advertised then a 2^N number could be factored with one pass on a N qbit system, with 100% certainty.

I think John Martinis is the world leader in this field.

He gives a very nice presentation, covering QC 101 and also the very latest work (logical qbit) that he is doing, well worth a watch for anyone interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQmFEt6l6Tw
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 08:15:12 AM

I want a quantum computer now.

Time to become a multi-bilionaire.

Truecoin

Activity: 312

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 09:50:39 AM

I want a quantum computer now.

Time to become a multi-bilionaire.

Quantum computer is not (yet) something that Average Joe can go and buy. At the moment it is more government stuff: "According to documents provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, the effort to build “a cryptologically useful quantum computer” — a machine exponentially faster than classical computers — is part of a $79.7 million research program titled “Penetrating Hard Targets.” Much of the work is hosted under classified contracts at a laboratory in College Park, Md."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-seeks-to-build-quantum-computer-that-could-crack-most-types-of-encryption/2014/01/02/8fff297e-7195-11e3-8def-a33011492df2_story.html

heybigboy1

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:01:22 AM

I've also wondered the same thing a while back when doing homework on Quantum computers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: