Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:32:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DApps Fund investing in decentralized startups  (Read 1156 times)
taylortyler (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:00:20 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2014, 12:51:14 AM by taylortyler

DApps Fund seems like they have a pretty legit thing going on over there, helping with MaidSafe, API Network, Swarm, Storj and a bunch more. Anyone here partnering with them or plan to pitch to them in the future?  General thoughts on DApps?

"DApps Fund I is building the future of Decentralized Applications.

DApps are based on a token-economy utilizing a block chain to incentivize development and adoption."

http://dappsfund.com/
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:16:52 AM

General thoughts on DApps?
A desperate attempt to save Mastercoin that isn't going to work.

No matter now much they rebrand, David Johnston is simply wrong about tokens.

They aren't going to work and the MSC investors will never recover their investment.
taylortyler (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:31:02 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 05:53:17 PM by taylortyler

They aren't going to work and the MSC investors will never recover their investment.

How is he wrong about tokens and why don't you think they will work?
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:43:20 AM

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/mastercoin-is-a-nightmare-of-insanity/

http://nakamotoinstitute.org/mempool/appcoins-are-snake-oil/
taylortyler (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:59:56 AM

Interesting read. I'll have to give that some time to digest. But Dapps is doing more than just Mastercoin right?

How do you feel about MaidSafe, API Network, Storj, and the rest?
rapport

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:23:13 AM

Interesting read. I'll have to give that some time to digest. But Dapps is doing more than just Mastercoin right?

How do you feel about MaidSafe, API Network, Storj, and the rest?

I think the links justusranvier posted tells you his/her/their feeling/s about the rest...
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:43:29 AM

It's a stage I went through as a newb too. omg perhaps I should invest in something else too? like zitshares, omg their 'new' identity thingy might sweep through the internetz. like zaltcoin omg this be huge. like zmining bond, man their fundamentals look good. omg i must buy this fab new zminer it's soo powerful. omg this vc funded btc Z.0 thing might just be the only thing ever to not scam

no, bitcoin or fail, simplez

ejinte

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:50:58 AM

Some appcoins will for sure succeed, like maidsafe for exemple, and actually I think mastercoin will recover from the aches.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.6%-1% House Edge
yibit

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:07:25 PM

maidsafe,,,,?what about it ?
JPage

Activity: 399
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:40:41 PM

lol!  I bought my MSC for .01 a year ago and today they trade for .02 - a 100% return.  I sure hope I can find other investments that I'll 'never recover' the same as Mastercoin. 

You are going to be shocked about Mastercoin and bitcoin 2.0 in about 3 years.  Don't let the early speculators confuse you.  Go read something interesting.
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:44:55 PM

I bought my MSC for .01 a year ago and today they trade for .02 - a 100% return.
Citation needed:

http://cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/msc/btc/masterxchange/1-year

If you're talking about the price of MSC in dollars, then you're making an invalid comparison by ignoring opportunity cost.
taylortyler (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:46:45 PM

It's a stage I went through as a newb too. omg perhaps I should invest in something else too? like zitshares, omg their 'new' identity thingy might sweep through the internetz. like zaltcoin omg this be huge. like zmining bond, man their fundamentals look good. omg i must buy this fab new zminer it's soo powerful. omg this vc funded btc Z.0 thing might just be the only thing ever to not scam

no, bitcoin or fail, simplez

The way I see it, it's less about investing, and more about using bitcoin tech to experiment with novel implementations in order to make improvements and push the decentralization movement forward.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:29:33 AM

It is obvious to me that the arguments stated in those articles are at the very least a little biased, and I don't think they should be blindly accepted as fact- which is how the author tries to portray them.

I don't have the time right now to debate some of the debatable points that he made, but a lot of the arguments that the author portrays as facts that are not as clear cut as he makes them seem.
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:57:15 AM

It is obvious to me that the arguments stated in those articles are at the very least a little biased, and I don't think they should be blindly accepted as fact- which is how the author tries to portray them.
Somehow I doubt you're a neutral, objective observer:

Innovative Alternative Crypto Currencies: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=225659.0
Using Oracles, PoW, and Recurring "IPOs" to Distribute PoS Cryptos More Evenly: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=675333.0
Also, presenting arguments based on logic and evidence as fact is very much the correct way to present an argument. The expectation being that if someone wishes to dispute the conclusions they will identify the logical or factual error in them rather than saying "that can't be true because I don't like it."

I don't have the time right now to debate some of the debatable points that he made, but a lot of the arguments that the author portrays as facts that are not as clear cut as he makes them seem.
Great. When you take the time to form a proper rebuttal, then what you say will be worth paying attention to.
CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 01:15:33 AM

Wow, such arrogance... you are a lot nicer in person. Hmm.. when I get the time I will certainly go over all the points made in that article.
justusranvier
Legendary

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 02:10:57 AM

Wow, such arrogance... you are a lot nicer in person. Hmm.. when I get the time I will certainly go over all the points made in that article.
What is nicer: staying silent while scams reel in more suckers, or getting accurate information out there so they at least have a chance?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: