Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:33:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote to get bitcoin on Fox's Freedom Watch!  (Read 13926 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 02:59:02 PM

Done.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
radracer

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:10:53 PM

I voted but I don't know that show. Is it popular? Why is bitcoin a good idea for that show?

the host is libertarian, critical of fed policy, etc.  so his audience will be interested.
Cusipzzz

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:27:52 PM

Voted, did not need to login. Up to #7 !
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:35:14 PM

Voted.
vuce

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 03:53:44 PM

How many do they pick from this list? Top 3 will be difficult to catch.
Shortline

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 04:51:49 PM

The GOOOH thing has 13,335 votes.

Good showing anyway, bitcoin!
ploum

Activity: 428
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 05:29:03 PM

I voted but I don't know that show. Is it popular? Why is bitcoin a good idea for that show?

the host is libertarian, critical of fed policy, etc.  so his audience will be interested.

And is it popular? Is it broadcasted in the whole country? (I assume that this is a US television show)

radracer

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 05:34:11 PM

And is it popular? Is it broadcasted in the whole country? (I assume that this is a US television show)

not sure if it is popular in terms of ratings, but it is broadcast on fox news channel which is available to the vast majority of cable tv viewers across america
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 05:58:53 PM

Folks, we are at 3,152 votes, ranked 7th, almost half way to what's ranked 3rd at 7,500 votes.  So keep it up and tell your friends on other social networking sites.  This is going viral.

BTW, if this gets ranked 3rd and if I do get contacted, would anyone strongly object to me forwarding them gavin's email address in case they want to do an interview?  He seems to be the unofficial bitcoin media representative.  We could also set up a poll to decide.

Voted.  Man if this gets on the Judge's show I'm selling everything I own and buying BTC, even at a price of $3.50 because this might push it to critical mass.  Come on everyone, VOTE!!

P.S. Thanks to EmergentOrder for getting the ball rolling on this, I think it's a great idea.  +1 ratings to the Bitcoin Jazz Guy

Thanks!  I just gave you a +1 too!

the host is libertarian, critical of fed policy, etc.  so his audience will be interested.

It airs on Fox Business Network 8pm and 11pm http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/freedom-watch/index.html so I guess you could say it is relatively popular, and yes it is broadcast in the whole country.  You can find a lot of clips on youtube.

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 06:20:36 PM

Then again, do we really want bitcoins on FOX for the first national TV attention? Tongue
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2011, 06:37:16 PM

Then again, do we really want bitcoins on FOX for the first national TV attention? Tongue

Wink  Don't worry.  Bitcoin crosses all sortofs of political beliefs, cultures, countries, languages, age groups, races.  It is a truly universal currency.  Also, Freedom Watch is not your typical pro-Republican Fox show.

Judge Andrew Napolitano isn't a nut bag journalist like say... Glenn Beck.

Yes.  Napolitano actually served on New Jersey Superior Court 1987-1995, before getting into writing and media.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Napolitano

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 08:04:18 PM

I looked at the list of other ideas and I think talking about the seizure of poker money is a good idea too... although I'm glad I voted for bitcoin.

Hopefully if it gets air time I'll be able to download the video somewhere off the net.

Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 08:14:58 PM

Wink  Don't worry.  Bitcoin crosses all sortofs of political beliefs, cultures, countries, languages, age groups, races.  It is a truly universal currency.  Also, Freedom Watch is not your typical pro-Republican Fox show.

Judge Andrew Napolitano isn't a nut bag journalist like say... Glenn Beck.

Yes.  Napolitano actually served on New Jersey Superior Court 1987-1995, before getting into writing and media.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Napolitano

My worry isn't that bitcoin would upset conservatives (it might for some of them), but that it would be reported inaccurately.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 08:32:33 PM

BTW, if this gets ranked 3rd and if I do get contacted, would anyone strongly object to me forwarding them gavin's email address in case they want to do an interview?

According to bitcoin.org, the email address you should forward is that for the "Press mailing list for presentation and interview requests", which is bitcoin-press at lists dot sourceforge.net
The Script

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 10:46:23 PM

My worry isn't that bitcoin would upset conservatives (it might for some of them), but that it would be reported inaccurately.

Like I said, this guys show is more rational than the majority of the FOX network. His agenda is actually freedom, not Republican's can do no wrong.

Judge Napolitano is the only spot of sanity at Fox News, IMO.
abyssobenthonic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2011, 11:23:47 PM

Like I said, this guys show is more rational than the majority of the FOX network. His agenda is actually freedom, not Republican's can do no wrong.

Stossel?

(hell, I'd argue Red Eye is decent (though I only watched the youtube videos from when eye candy from Reason guests)
BrightAnarchist
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 853
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 01:41:05 AM

Voted.
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 03:06:27 AM

Ranked 6th place with 3,792 votes!  Keep it up!

BTW, if this gets ranked 3rd and if I do get contacted, would anyone strongly object to me forwarding them gavin's email address in case they want to do an interview?

According to bitcoin.org, the email address you should forward is that for the "Press mailing list for presentation and interview requests", which is bitcoin-press at lists dot sourceforge.net

thanks...will do.

Stossel?

(hell, I'd argue Red Eye is decent (though I only watched the youtube videos from when eye candy from Reason guests)

Stossel and Napolitano, that's it I think.  I suspect that's its a deliberate and wise business move by Fox...I don't follow the conspiracy theorists that believe that the only purpose of Fox is so Murdoch can elect Republicans.

em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 03:34:25 AM

What's the latest threat to freedom in America?

PwrLeveld

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

Computta Mine Your Own BTC

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 03:36:51 AM

Dear GOD/GODS and/or MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS: Please let CHAUL JHIN KIM win the NEW ZEALAND POWERBALL JACKPOT. He will use the money to set up his own RESEARCH LAB and find the CURES for CANCER and AGING! He will release the CURES into the PUBLIC DOMAIN! (a la Jonas Salk) EVERYONE regardless of wealth will no longer need to SUFFER! CHILDHOOD CANCER will also be HISTORY! Thank you! - A Faithful Believer. P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray with me!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: