Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:15:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote to get bitcoin on Fox's Freedom Watch!  (Read 13927 times)
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 03:37:58 AM

I don't think Fox News is the latest threat to freedom in America. They've been around a while.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 03:48:42 AM

I don't think Fox News is the latest threat to freedom in America. They've been around a while.
Cheesy

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 07:44:49 AM

5th place already. At this pace we can reach 1st position in a few days. At least the 3rd one shouldn't be that difficult, keep voting! Smiley
abyssobenthonic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 03:29:23 PM

Stossel and Napolitano, that's it I think.  I suspect that's its a deliberate and wise business move by Fox...I don't follow the conspiracy theorists that believe that the only purpose of Fox is so Murdoch can elect Republicans.

I think it's definitely a conscious decision that Fox Business is much more libertarian than conservative Fox News.
stic.man

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 04:53:58 PM

getting there, 4th place now
skittixch

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 05:35:22 PM

Let's make sure we all get on foxnews.com to help out their advertisers for the sake of...what exactly?  More press? an internet pissing contest?

IMO, internet polls are insubstantial, opaque and only serve as data-mining treasure troves.

</rant>
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 05:47:36 PM

getting there, 4th place now

In 8hrs top Bitcoin will be 3rd  Lips sealed
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 09:04:33 PM

Let's make sure we all get on foxnews.com to help out their advertisers for the sake of...what exactly?  More press? an internet pissing contest?

IMO, internet polls are insubstantial, opaque and only serve as data-mining treasure troves.

</rant>

For the sake of bringing more public exposure to bitcoin.  Is there a problem with that?

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Mbtc

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 06, 2011, 10:26:01 PM

</rant>

For the sake of bringing more public exposure to bitcoin.  Is there a problem with that?

As long as our only exchange of note is under attack and unable to fend it off for significant portions of the day there just might be. That said, voted and bumped.
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2011, 10:49:15 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2011, 01:57:16 AM by em3rgentOrdr

</rant>

For the sake of bringing more public exposure to bitcoin.  Is there a problem with that?

As long as our only exchange of note is under attack and unable to fend it off for significant portions of the day there just might be. That said, voted and bumped.

This was an issue that I myself even was concerned about when the whole Wikileaks/PayPal tirade broke out.  I was afraid that bitcoin would get attacked by the government and other powerful enteties since the wikileaks release had sparked so much negative attention from politicians, the white house, the state department, news commentators, etc.  But this is different.  Freedom Watch is a show promoting many libertarians ideas, so as long as the interviewie doesn't diss gold, ir should be a relatively supportive audience.

Plus the cat is already out of the hat since lead developer Gavin accepted invitation to speak at the CIA, and news sources Time, CNN, etc.

NghtRppr

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

Elder Crypto God

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2011, 12:25:51 AM

Third place! Cheesy
The Script

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 02:43:36 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2011, 03:35:20 AM by The Script

I made two of the guys in my office vote.  "Remember me talking about bitcoins?  You need to vote for it to be on Fox's Freedom Watch!"   Cool

At this rate we can definitely take the top spot, given another week or so.  When does voting end?

Edit: Annnnnnd my mom.  She voted then said "I still think SOMEONE needs to control it."  Lol 
Garrett Burgwardt

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 02:56:36 AM

More importantly, when does it air? Cheesy
Anonymous

May 07, 2011, 04:46:56 AM

Hey third spot!  Cheesy

I hope along with positive media attention on bitcoin paypal cops a caning for reneging on the agreement they had with coinpal and for targeting other bitcoin users and exchangers.

That was brought up on the last episode of free talk live.
em3rgentOrdr (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2011, 04:57:09 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2011, 05:07:43 AM by em3rgentOrdr

Hey third spot!  Cheesy

I hope along with positive media attention on bitcoin paypal cops a caning for reneging on the agreement they had with coinpal and for targeting other bitcoin users and exchangers.

That was brought up on the last episode of free talk live.

Cool!  I found that episode: http://traffic.libsyn.com/ftl/FTL2011-05-03.mp3 and I'm listening it to right now.... talk on bitcoin start time 1:13:00

Edit: OMG I just listened to it and Ian has no clue how bitcoin addresses and wallets work...I was cringing since I knew how many people listen to his show and follow him...

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 10:42:07 AM

There aren't very many comments, compared to the suggestions that are in first and second position.

As the show's writers will probably read the comments to get their initial orientation to bitcoin, it would be a good idea if people post short comments containing a positive fact about Bitcoin. For example "Bitcoin is great because I can make payments anywhere in the world, usually for free."
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 01:18:30 PM

Just got to 2nd place (with a conspicuously low comment count).

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 02:58:46 PM
Last edit: May 07, 2011, 04:34:32 PM by psy

Just got to 2nd place (with a conspicuously low comment count).

#5 has even less comments - 19 only, so far, so what's the problem?

And it's good that the comments are in low number and they are sane comments.
Imagine all the paranoid people that hang around here went there and posted the same type of stuff they sometimes post in this forum?
Do we really expect the TV show producers/whatever to read 2k comments in a topic? I don't think they will give themslves the trouble.
They will be better off by just researching the matter with their own means, i guess!  Wink

EDIT: Taking a look at the topics with the most comments i realized that it happens when the subject is one that as a lot of opposing points of view.
Bitcoin doesn't seem to be the case. I guess Bitcoin will have to deal more with disbelief than opposition.
Unless it's OCN, where disbelief went hand by hand with very sound opposition!  Smiley
wolciph

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 04:03:20 PM

Voted!
Less than 3000 votes between #1 and #2!
However, if this is as bad as Fox News with Glenn Beck... I don't know.
Anyhow, I suppose the important thing is that we popularise bitcoin.
Alex Beckenham

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 07, 2011, 04:04:46 PM

So when is the deadline for voting?

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: