Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:38:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Osborne makes a withdrawal from a Bitcoin ATM  (Read 2861 times)
Whitehouse

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:25:51 PM

Call me a sceptic but I just can't see these clowns being big supporters of such a technology.

cutepuppy

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 03:37:27 PM

What does the Chancellor of the Exchequer doo?

he's the guy in control of the countries budgets. he is the one that says that social security gets X amount this year, military gets Y amounts this year and healthcare gets Z.... oh and the guy that ensures he receives A, B and C amounts.

in short he is the accountant/book keeper of the government funding (tax)
It is wonderful that people in those positions get their hands on our little golden coins! How would they know about it if they haven't tried it. All their counselors don't know jack. They only know the old monetary systems and just keep on pointing out the 'risks' of Bitcoin and not the advantages!!!
I think this will also help increase adaption of bitcoin as many people watch and believe in whatever the royal family does.
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:08:38 PM

I dont know why many of you are worrying, I mean we can launder bitcoins and mix them trade them, how can govs keep track of a fast moving technology that is not there yet, this is to beyond for them to control now.  only the scared will pay the taxes on alt currency.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BowieMan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Is there life on Mars?

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:44:44 PM

What does the Chancellor of the Exchequer doo?

he's the guy in control of the countries budgets. he is the one that says that social security gets X amount this year, military gets Y amounts this year and healthcare gets Z.... oh and the guy that ensures he receives A, B and C amounts.

in short he is the accountant/book keeper of the government funding (tax)
It is wonderful that people in those positions get their hands on our little golden coins! How would they know about it if they haven't tried it. All their counselors don't know jack. They only know the old monetary systems and just keep on pointing out the 'risks' of Bitcoin and not the advantages!!!
I think this will also help increase adaption of bitcoin as many people watch and believe in whatever the royal family does.

It definitely will be a good PR for anyone seeing that video or a report about that incident! It gives legitimacy to something if people in those positions use it. Many people will have to rethink their stance that "Bitcoin is money used to buy drugs", if they see those people using it! A great PR!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:29:57 PM

Could this be somewhat related to Russia's attitude towards Bitcoin? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=720724.0.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
BitcoinMillionaire

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bling Bling

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:42:50 PM

U.K.’s Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, bought bitcoins for the first time from Cointrader.net’s
Full Story:- http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/uk-chancellor-george-osborne-buys-bitcoin/2014/08/06

Whoa, who's that guy?? Is he like part of the Royal Family?? The one with the Queen and those princes? If they really are embracing Bitcoin, I mean wow, there could be a lot of money coming in. They're all traditional, I know, but they also gotta pay their bills... (Do they actually have to pay bills on their own???)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
rohnearner (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 08:26:15 PM

U.K.’s Chancellor of the Exchequer, George Osborne, bought bitcoins for the first time from Cointrader.net’s
Full Story:- http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/uk-chancellor-george-osborne-buys-bitcoin/2014/08/06

Whoa, who's that guy?? Is he like part of the Royal Family?? The one with the Queen and those princes? If they really are embracing Bitcoin, I mean wow, there could be a lot of money coming in. They're all traditional, I know, but they also gotta pay their bills... (Do they actually have to pay bills on their own???)
He's the one who takes the Financial decision for British government .
Google is your friends

AlPutino

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:04:11 AM

Very interesting! Also I love your Real Eyes slogan Smiley
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:28:33 AM

What does the Chancellor of the Exchequer doo? Chancellor of Exchange is what that stands for? Either way, it is very helpful when people who are in the spotlight or government do these types of things.

A quick google will give you the definition of what you're looking for:

The Chancellor of the Exchequer is the title held by the British Cabinet minister who is responsible for all economic and financial matters, equivalent to the role of Minister of Finance or Secretary of the Treasury in other nations.
Mr Tea

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 11:37:25 AM

He's a politician and has zero relation to the royal family. I'm sure he's just interested in bitcoin and what it can do as it's his job to know the risks or how they can make money off it.

Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 05:37:39 AM

What does the Chancellor of the Exchequer doo? Chancellor of Exchange is what that stands for? Either way, it is very helpful when people who are in the spotlight or government do these types of things.

A quick google will give you the definition of what you're looking for:

The Chancellor of the Exchequer is the title held by the British Cabinet minister who is responsible for all economic and financial matters, equivalent to the role of Minister of Finance or Secretary of the Treasury in other nations.
In other words he is a very influential person in regards to the finances of the country. He holds a similar role that Alan Greenspan held in the mid 2000's.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: