Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:01:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: State Atheism  (Read 6757 times)
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:43:56 AM

PS.  I'm not an atheist.  An atheist strongly believes there is no higher power.  I believe there may be an unknown power involved in the Universe's origins, and we just have no clue what it is and the bible is a fable.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:46:42 AM

I am the happiest person you will ever meet. The life of every party.

Now that we have that cleared up...if atheism is bad....how do you explain the happiness of the people and the low crime of the nation with the highest percentage of atheists?

Ready go....start not answering the question now

Atheism is a complete lie. The atheist has convinced himself that atheism exists. Yet, because the atheist has nothing that proves atheism is true, any more than any other religious person has anything that proves his religion is true, atheism is simply another religion.

The thing about atheism that is comforting to the atheist is, he knows by his religion that there is no hope. Most of the other religions offer some form of hope. Hope not experienced can leave one wondering about the exact form that the hope will present itself in. Because of this, the people of many of the other religions have turmoil about their future hope.

The atheist feels peaceful, because he knows that when it is all done, that's the end for him. You poor, hopelessly deluded atheists!

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:54:08 AM

My actions only indicate that I think your bible is a fairy tale.  They do not indicate I don't believe in some sort of power in the universe that you or I don't understand.   

Now that we have that cleared up...if atheism is bad....how do you explain the happiness of the people and the low crime of the nation with the highest percentage of atheists?

Ready go....you may start continue not answering the question.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:54:31 AM

PS.  I'm not an atheist.  An atheist strongly believes there is no higher power.  I believe there may be an unknown power involved in the Universe's origins, and we just have no clue what it is and the bible is a fable.

A copy of the Bible book of Isaiah was found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Outside of minor changes in the forms of the letters, the "old" Isaiah was virtually the same as the one that is used by the Jews today.

Now what kind of deluded people would copy by hand so accurately, something that was simply a fable? When you copy kids' stories by hand over dozens of generations, they change. Something happened way back at the time of Moses that was so earth-shattering that the people of Israel carry the tradition in their minds and hearts, right down to today.

If the Bible were a fable, it would not exist.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
zolace (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:57:26 AM

You are not being honest with yourself, guy.  If it was just the Bible you were rejecting, sure.  But, you go way beyond that.

Still have not seen any of these happy atheists you speak of.  Be they living in a secular state, or one that promotes atheism.  I am sure there are some that are happy (they just never come to this board?).  However, more likely to find such happiness in a secular state that one that promotes atheism, apparently.

But the bigger question is - are there any joyful atheists?  Happiness is more externally affected.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:08:39 PM

A copy of the Bible book of Isaiah was found in the Dead Sea Scrolls. Outside of minor changes in the forms of the letters, the "old" Isaiah was virtually the same as the one that is used by the Jews today.

Now what kind of deluded people would copy by hand so accurately, something that was simply a fable? When you copy kids' stories by hand over dozens of generations, they change. Something happened way back at the time of Moses that was so earth-shattering that the people of Israel carry the tradition in their minds and hearts, right down to today.

Smiley
Every atheist I have ever met has been joyful.  As an agnostic, I am about as happy a person you will ever meet.  My wife says I make her sick how I sing in the shower every morning no matter what.  You have no evidence atheists are not happy.
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:17:44 PM

The country with the most atheists also has the happiest people.  I already have proven that to you. Norway has ranked 1rst the past five years in a row.   http://www.forbes.com/sites/christopherhelman/2013/10/29/the-worlds-happiest-and-saddest-countries-2013/
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:22:46 PM

Smiley
Every atheist I have ever met has been joyful.  As an agnostic, I am about as happy a person you will ever meet.  My wife says I make her sick how I sing in the shower every morning no matter what.  You have no evidence atheists are not happy.

The sad part about most Christians is that you are more or less right. A Christian usually holds some form of false beliefs about Who Jesus is, what He looks like, what He meant by the things He said as recorded in the Bible, and about God, His Father. You, at least, don't hold any false ideas about God, because you acknowledge that you don't know Him.

Smiley

zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:54:30 PM

Smiley

So, its just here that you are unhappy.  Well, that begets some interesting questions.

Ok, went looking through the link, scanning.  Could find nothing about atheists, let alone happy atheists.

So, with Norway being at the top of the list, and (I assume you are correct on this) them having a larger than usual percentage of atheists in the population, you have assumed that some conclusion can be made from atheists on that, yes?

Did you notice what factors were noted in the article that it said were factors in that rating?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:03:05 PM

Smiley

So, its just here that you are unhappy.  Well, that begets some interesting questions.

Ok, went looking through the link, scanning.  Could find nothing about atheists, let alone happy atheists.

So, with Norway being at the top of the list, and (I assume you are correct on this) them having a larger than usual percentage of atheists in the population, you have assumed that some conclusion can be made from atheists on that, yes?

Did you notice what factors were noted in the article that it said were factors in that rating?

I am not unhappy here.  I love calling you an asshole and a moron.  I am having a blast.  You have some nerve thinking you are capable of telling me how I feel.  I guess I should assume you are very unhappy in here since you are always getting your ass kicked ...no??
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:27:59 PM

To clarify the 'hope' - how would you 'sell' the idea?  Humans want both truth and hope - but usually hunger for hope more.

And since there is agreement that not all dictators are evil, do we have an example of a dictator promoting atheism that was not evil?
you are probably right.  Noth Korea was a wonderful place before the dictator promoted state atheism.  That was when they plummetted into the despair of human rights abuses. If Kim Jong only he let the people have their religion, then he wouldnt have abused them so much.  Makes perfect sense

The fact other majority atheist  nations have a population with low crime and happy people must be the spurious relationship.  The fact almost none of the 9% of american atheists are in prison can only mean Satan is helping them avoid capture by the godly police....because clearly they are all without morals and abusers of human rights.
Your people have had more than 2000 years/
You've had a good run, but today people as stupid as you are a dying breed.
Today, and in the future people understand  that the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus and Jesus are all the same.
Even today,  people know you are a lying sack of shit when you  say Jesus answers your prayers. You can't present anything that supports your beliefs.
Can you give us any good reason to believe that you are not just paranoid/delusional ?
For all practical purposes,you are an atheist.  If a person talks like an atheist, thinks like an atheist, and poops like an atheist, well....

And no reasonable person would gather from his posts that rigon is happy - but, then, no reasonable person is making such a claim (rigon may not call himself an atheist either, but, see 2nd sentence above).

You all clearly have anger issues.
As I've stated in another post...You are "broken", and it really doesn't matter what labels YOU assign to us. I will not presume to speak for others.

Well, clearly you are blind even towards yourself.  If there is anyone here who  has had several folk point out his issues, it is you, guy.

When you can be honest about yourself, well, then we will see.

In zolace world, the only way to be "happy" is to deliberately make yourself ignorant, suspend all reason and mindlessy believe fairy tales.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:31:16 PM

Smiley

I am not unhappy here.  I love calling you an asshole and a moron.  I am having a blast.  You have some nerve thinking you are capable of telling me how I feel.  I guess I should assume you are very unhappy in here since you are always getting your ass kicked ...no??
You make a good point, in that, zolace is not only unable to prove atheism is "bad", zolace can't provide any reasonable argument that his brand of beliefs are "good".

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
sana8410

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:36:08 PM

You can't provide even one shred of proof your "creator" exists.  You just as "atheist" as anyone else, zolace.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:42:16 PM

Smiley

I am not unhappy here.  I love calling you an asshole and a moron.  I am having a blast.  You have some nerve thinking you are capable of telling me how I feel.  I guess I should assume you are very unhappy in here since you are always getting your ass kicked ...no??
You make a good point, in that, zolace is not only unable to prove atheism is "bad", zolace can't provide any reasonable argument that his brand of beliefs are "good".
True that.  He can look at a thousand surveys saying they are all happy.  I can tell him Im the happiest person alive....but he KNOWS that no one can be truly happy unless they are a braindead indoctrinated fairy tale believer like himself.    There is no communicating with someone whose mind has turned off and tuned out.
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:44:21 PM

To clarify the 'hope' - how would you 'sell' the idea?  Humans want both truth and hope - but usually hunger for hope more.

And since there is agreement that not all dictators are evil, do we have an example of a dictator promoting atheism that was not evil?
you are probably right.  Noth Korea was a wonderful place before the dictator promoted state atheism.  That was when they plummetted into the despair of human rights abuses. If Kim Jong only he let the people have their religion, then he wouldnt have abused them so much.  Makes perfect sense

The fact other majority atheist  nations have a population with low crime and happy people must be the spurious relationship.  The fact almost none of the 9% of american atheists are in prison can only mean Satan is helping them avoid capture by the godly police....because clearly they are all without morals and abusers of human rights.
Your people have had more than 2000 years/
You've had a good run, but today people as stupid as you are a dying breed.
Today, and in the future people understand  that the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus and Jesus are all the same.
Even today,  people know you are a lying sack of shit when you  say Jesus answers your prayers. You can't present anything that supports your beliefs.
Can you give us any good reason to believe that you are not just paranoid/delusional ?
For all practical purposes,you are an atheist.  If a person talks like an atheist, thinks like an atheist, and poops like an atheist, well....

And no reasonable person would gather from his posts that rigon is happy - but, then, no reasonable person is making such a claim (rigon may not call himself an atheist either, but, see 2nd sentence above).

You all clearly have anger issues.
As I've stated in another post...You are "broken", and it really doesn't matter what labels YOU assign to us. I will not presume to speak for others.

Well, clearly you are blind even towards yourself.  If there is anyone here who  has had several folk point out his issues, it is you, guy.

When you can be honest about yourself, well, then we will see.

In zolace world, the only way to be "happy" is to deliberately make yourself ignorant, suspend all reason and mindlessy believe fairy tales.
Um, just to clarify - no where did I make the premise that atheists are unhappy. Sure, there seem to be none in these forums, but, these forums are hardly indicative of the population at large for any group.

But, I suppose discussing the happiness factor (which is more due to external factors than internal factors) avoids the point the OP makes.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:51:48 PM

Anyway, seeing no response, let me rephrase what got ignored:

1.Nothing in the link about atheists, let alone happy atheists.  I see no disagreement on that.

2.Norway is listed at the top of the list in the link as far as rated happiness.  No disagreement has been noted on that.

3.Having no religion is not the same as being an atheist - is that the claim?

4.rigon notes that Norway has a higher than average percentage of atheists.  Not sure if he is including non religious with atheists. 

5.Norway does not, as a State, promote atheism.  The OP makes claims about state promoted atheism.   

The unanswered question - what did the article note were factors in Norway achieving that rating?

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:20:51 PM

1.Nothing in the link about atheists, let alone happy atheists.  I see no disagreement on that.

2.Norway is listed at the top of the list in the link as far as rated happiness.  No disagreement has been noted on that.

4.rigon notes that Norway has a higher than average percentage of atheists.  Not sure if he is including non religious with atheists. 

5.Norway does not, as a State, promote atheism.  The OP makes claims about state promoted atheism.   

The unanswered question - what did the article note were factors in Norway achieving that rating?
norway has the highest percenage of atheists ANDS people with no religion and are extremelyt happy.  You have no argument with that.  Therefore,......what the fuck point do you think you ar emaking about atheism promoted by North Korea.  Just state is succintly and clearly.  WQhat is your point about N Korea and their abolishment of the people's religion???

Can you EVER fucking answer a question?
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:40:17 PM

norway has the highest percenage of atheists ANDS people with no religion and are extremelyt happy.  You have no argument with that.  Therefore,......what the fuck point do you think you ar emaking about atheism promoted by North Korea.  Just state is succintly and clearly.  WQhat is your point about N Korea and their abolishment of the people's religion???

Can you EVER fucking answer a question?
The unanswered question - what did the article note were factors in Norway achieving that rating?  Just paste it below, please.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
zolace (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:44:24 PM

Do please answer the above - I think I know why you may be hesitating to do so.

But, while on the subject, happen to come across another article where a different nation is ranked #1 - and the ones that follow are also in South America. Happiness is probably hard to quantify.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/worlds-happiest-country-would-you-believe-paraguay-n110981

Paraguay is the happiest country in the world, with 87 percent of residents scoring high on an index of positive emotions, according to the latest Gallup poll on well-being.

Not surprisingly, Syria, suffering through a civil war, is the unhappiest and people there are so badly off they’ve hit a new low, the survey finds.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Rigon

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:02:56 PM

Do please answer the above - I think I know why you may be hesitating to do so.

But, while on the subject, happen to come across another article where a different nation is ranked #1 - and the ones that follow are also in South America. Happiness is probably hard to quantify.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/worlds-happiest-country-would-you-believe-paraguay-n110981

Paraguay is the happiest country in the world, with 87 percent of residents scoring high on an index of positive emotions, according to the latest Gallup poll on well-being.

Not surprisingly, Syria, suffering through a civil war, is the unhappiest and people there are so badly off they’ve hit a new low, the survey finds.

The ten happiest countries in the world and why were not one of them

http://www.planetizen.com/node/65088
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110125110022AAUPy6Q

Norway tops the list
What's the most prosperous country in the world? Norway. What's it got that the rest of the world doesn't? The biggest bump comes from having the world's highest per capita GDP of $53,000 a year. Norwegians have the second-highest level of satisfaction with their standards of living: 95 percent say they are satisfied with the freedom to choose the direction of their lives; an unparalleled 74 percent say other people can be trusted.

Cynics (particularly those leaving comments on Legatum's excellent website) say Norway's ranking is a fluke, that it's a boring, godless (just 13 percent go to church) homogeneous place to live with a massive welfare state bankrolled by high taxes. Without massive offshore reserves of oil and gas that it exports to the world through state-controlled Statoil, Norway's GDP would be far smaller.

And yet joining Norway in the top 10 prosperous countries are its Scandinavian sisters Denmark, Finland and Sweden, with equally small and civilized Switzerland and the Netherlands also in the club. None of these countries are blessed with great hoards of oil and gas.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: