Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:58:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [DRX] DARKFOX | POS | FoxBet© | FoxEX©  (Read 44376 times)
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:37:11 PM

Would appreciate it if someone could briefly summarise:
1) the strengths of this coin?
2) the weaknesses of this coin?
3) promises made? kept? any FUD?

To the dev(s), what will be the key original code/feature(s) in this coin? And are you going to provide "Proof of Developer" certification from cryptoasian:
http://cryptoasian.com/

And are the devs here real developers, or copy-paste devs or middlemen, like the SYS guys?

Everyone will have different answers so it depends on who you ask.

1) By strengths, do you mean features?  It's pretty straight forward in the OP.  If the developer delivers it will definitely be a unique coin.

2)  The main weakness so far is the dev is unknown.

3)  The only outstanding promise is the new wallet in about 9 days from today.  The main FUD is the identity of the developer.

PoD doesn't mean shit to me if he delivers.

Is he a copy-paste dev?  If he delivers then obviously he isn't a copy-paste dev.
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:47:15 PM

To the dev(s), what will be the key original code/feature(s) in this coin? And are you going to provide "Proof of Developer" certification from cryptoasian:

And are the devs here real developers, or copy-paste devs or middlemen, like the SYS guys?

1) By strengths, do you mean features?  It's pretty straight forward in the OP.  If the developer delivers it will definitely be a unique coin.

3)  The only outstanding promise is the new wallet in about 9 days from today.  The main FUD is the identity of the developer.

Is he a copy-paste dev?  If he delivers then obviously he isn't a copy-paste dev.

POD minimizes risk it does mean shit. while you wait to see if he delivers, a serious dev would do a POD and then we will know he will deliver and can wait
CryptoHypno

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:48:51 PM

POD minimizes risk it does mean shit. while you wait to see if he delivers, a serious dev would do a POD and then we will know he will deliver and can wait

Especially when dev stated on day 1 that he would be doing POD at launch.  That's the reason I'm out, this dev doesn't keep his word.  I would be very surprised if dev doesn't dump his 6.5% premine before the supposed new wallet release.

chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:56:43 PM

Especially when dev stated on day 1 that he would be doing POD at launch.  That's the reason I'm out, this dev doesn't keep his word.  I would be very surprised if dev doesn't dump his 6.5% premine before the supposed new wallet release.

Only idiots buy these anon promises coins, the odds are so small it's legit it's not worth the risk. However, if you bought coins at 5-6k on the dump yesterday it's a good buy because you get to dump on morons buying simply because price is rising.
KeAdO

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:57:57 PM

the dev has said on irc that he will release the names/info of himself and the team a few days before the new wallet is released. 
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:01:28 PM

Only idiots buy these anon promises coins, the odds are so small it's legit it's not worth the risk. However, if you bought coins at 5-6k on the dump yesterday it's a good buy because you get to dump on morons buying simply because price is rising.
u knew xc??i bought them at 3k sat sold at 350k.peak was 450k...watch btcd..tell me some good things of btcd?
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:04:29 PM

Especially when dev stated on day 1 that he would be doing POD at launch.  That's the reason I'm out, this dev doesn't keep his word.  I would be very surprised if dev doesn't dump his 6.5% premine before the supposed new wallet release.

Ok, a little more research and the dev was supposed to have the whitepaper out at PoS.

Promises not kept so far -  Whitepaper and PoD. 

Sorry guys, not trying to FUD the coin I own, but it's true.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:05:41 PM

Really appreciate all of the responses - many thanks to all of you. It is indeed troubling if the dev promised to provide POD and hasn't. POD doesnt mean risk free, but it does reduce risk.

For one thing, it helps determine early whether a dev's a real programmer, rather than a middleman/wannabee. Also, it's clear with all the scams of the past few weeks that complete anonymity means you're not accountable for anything and can get off scott-free when you scam people.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:06:30 PM

Look at the ann page, does it resemble btcd, xc or key's original ann page? or does it more closely resemble Veil, Conceal, Shield, Darkcash? the answer is pretty f'n obvious to me.
This coin came out the same day as Blkt, who has admitted being the same dev of Darkcash. I would actually be surprised to learn he isn't the same scam dev of all 3 coins. The only thing he's good at is coming up with catchy names.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:20:40 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 06:36:51 PM by JakeThePanda

For one thing, it helps determine early whether a dev's a real programmer, rather than a middleman/wannabee. Also, it's clear with all the scams of the past few weeks that complete anonymity means you're not accountable for anything and can get off scott-free when you scam people.

The thing is there are really no negative consequences of a dev not doing the PoD unless they are trying to do an IPO/ICO. Once a coin is in the PoS phase like Darkfox why does the dev care about doing the PoD?

What documentation is needed for a PoD?  Can it be faked?

Edit:  I just looked up CryptoAsian's website.  If I was a dev, I can think of some good reasons why I wouldn't want to do the PoD.  What I can't think of are good reasons to do it unless I wanted to do an ICO.
meccoin4me

Activity: 504

Bitcoin is getting bigcoin

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:37:07 PM

My feeling about this coin is : Dev is coming with hard  proof of his work and a lot of people get angry because they sold there coins for a cheap price , i'll keep them all

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0  DELTACREDITS , great coin , great idea behind
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:40:40 PM

My feeling about this coin is : Dev is coming with hard  proof of his work and a lot of people get angry because they sold there coins for a cheap price , i'll keep them all

Well that remains to be seen.  My point is if I was him and knew I was going to deliver on the intended features, I wouldn't do the PoD either.  That being said, a scammer also wouldn't want to do the 5 rating PoD.  Anything under a PoD rating of 5 can be faked.
mpalenciac

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:25:49 PM

POD isn't a guarantee of anything and if a dev simply needs to remain private for his own reasons (there are countries where cryptos are banned) then let him keep his privacy. He hasn't dumped, from day 1 he's been delivering everything he promised, all updates have been constant even though he doesn't have a PR guy working with him.
So, chill, and for the regular fudsters like that n00b cryptohipno or whatever the fuck his name is, shut up and go away, if you don't like it, stay away, but STOP getting on every other thread to spread FUD and slander every project you stupid ass 10yr old sucking on dad's tits.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:44:27 PM

POD isn't a guarantee of anything and if a dev simply needs to remain private for his own reasons (there are countries where cryptos are banned) then let him keep his privacy. He hasn't dumped, from day 1 he's been delivering everything he promised, all updates have been constant even though he doesn't have a PR guy working with him.
So, chill, and for the regular fudsters like that n00b cryptohipno or whatever the fuck his name is, shut up and go away, if you don't like it, stay away, but STOP getting on every other thread to spread FUD and slander every project you stupid ass 10yr old sucking on dad's tits.

Well, he did say there would be a whitepaper around the time PoS starts, so let's not be totally misleading and say he delivered on everything. He also said he would do the PoD at launch.  Even though I can think of many reasons why a dev wouldn't want to, he did say he would do it.  I bought a bunch of coins, but let's be honest, the warning signs definitely exist and people should use extreme caution.  People should use their heads about investing and take a reasonable position based on your risk appetite and % of portfolio. PoD or not we are still in the crapshoot stage.
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:20:27 PM

The dev team explained why they didn't want to do PoD.
As for no white paper, that I do not know why.
They have agreed to release their bct identities before the new wallet release.
With risk comes reward.
Only time will tell, who is right and who is wrong.

twitter @antiiclimax
CryptoHypno

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:23:04 PM

With risk comes reward.

Why did the dev team state they would be POD at launch and since change their mind?  I understand it may not be for everyone, but don't say you are going to do it and then change your stance when you're called out on it.

anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:33:48 PM

With risk comes reward.

Why did the dev team state they would be POD at launch and since change their mind?  I understand it may not be for everyone, but don't say you are going to do it and then change your stance when you're called out on it.

One of the team members was discussing PoD with myself and a few others.
He decided it sounded like an interesting idea and he would pass it on to the rest of his team to see what they thought.
In the end, he was the only one on the team that wanted to give out their identities due to the nature of their project.

Would you want your name attached to something similiar to Silk Road?
Ross ulbrecht, I'm sure is having regrets and all he did was forget to use tor.

This is one of those "black market" type coins.
I personally understand the devs point of view.

It now comes down to the individual investor, as to how much risk he is willing to take when buying such a coin.

Darkfoxcoin is a "high risk, high reward" investment.

Would I throw my life savings at it? Probably not.
Would I throw 1-2btc at it? Sure.

It's all about managing your portfolio.
Hell, look at cloak coin and how it's imploded recently.

I do my due diligence when I invest. I have spoken to the OP for a couple of days through PM and have made my decision based on the information I have acquired.

I suggest anyone interested in investing do their research, first and foremost. Take anyone's opinion with a grain of salt.

You can join the irc at #drxcoin if you have any further questions.

twitter @antiiclimax
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:45:06 PM

New Wallet in 9 days  Roll Eyes

anticlimax
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:42:06 PM

New Wallet in 9 days  Roll Eyes

I think you need some love.

twitter @antiiclimax
Kimonio

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:58:21 PM

I do my due diligence when I invest. I have spoken to the OP for a couple of days through PM and have made my decision based on the information I have acquired.

+10000

Great advice. This is essentially doing your own version of PoD. Every crypto investor new and old can learn from this, and is something I don't do enough of. With 9/10 coins being released as scams, the only way to turn the odds in our favor in the "crypto-casino" is to gather as much information as you can, and what better way then to ask direct from the source. Thanks for sharing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: