Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:31:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive BitCrane T-110 Setup [HD]  (Read 19430 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 06:05:29 PM

Thank you i tried that. I am not sure why it wont go to it. I am thinking maybe i will go get a crossover cable and attempt it that way. I have been trying to get it going for hours now and no progress at all!

I just got my T-110S a couple days ago from NewEgg.  Tried to set it up last night and access with the IP that is on a sticker on the front just like stated here: 192.168.1.140  and I cannot get anything.  It does not even show up as a client with and address on my router.  My router is 192.169.1.1 and subnet 255.255.255.0   So I have no idea?  I even pulled out an old router and conf'd it to 192.168.0.1 and 255.255.0.0 to try connecting at 192.168.0.140 and nothing. 

I am extremely frustrated right now and cannot find any help or troubleshooting on the Bitcrane site or through google searches. Sad

It may be stock set to DHCP, if so login to your router and see what IP its been assigned.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RazorBack

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:03:19 PM

It may be stock set to DHCP, if so login to your router and see what IP its been assigned.

If only it were that easy....it does not show up on my router at all as a client.  This leads me to think it is on a different subnet.  I have absolutely no idea how to figure this one out.  I contacted BitCrane and did get a generic canned response that they got my support request.  Who knows when they will contact me.  So much for Plug & Play Huh
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 08:32:18 PM

If only it were that easy....it does not show up on my router at all as a client.  This leads me to think it is on a different subnet.  I have absolutely no idea how to figure this one out.  I contacted BitCrane and did get a generic canned response that they got my support request.  Who knows when they will contact me.  So much for Plug & Play Huh

Alternatively Pi's used as controllers often won't show up on a router if they've got their gateway set wrong. So, its not an easy process finding it.

If you really can't get the controller working, you could use a longer USB cable and run the modules off another cgminer based controller (Windows PC etc).

irobb

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 11:38:45 PM

Try a router with 192.168.1.1?
hurricandave
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 12:27:58 AM

Also double check the router settings, many have a default max client number range of 50. You would need to uncheck that option then manually set the max ID to end at .254, which is where the device may be. Don't forget that some routers will accept changes but won't enact them until it is restarted. My HP e-Print doesn't work after its lost connectivity until I restart my AP, FRUSTRATING.
Panther063

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2015, 01:58:54 AM

Great review Dogie, but, and there's always a but,  Wink in the picture showing the liquid cooling the pump is connected to the PWM fan socket and the fan is connected to the standard three pin fan socket, surely for the fan to be controllable it should be the other way around and a four pin fan installed.
Also while I don't own one of these I do have experience assembling computers and know the best cooling is achieved by a flow of air from bottom inlet to top exhaust, so flipping the radiator mounted fans to exhaust air will prevent them drawing in hot air from the radiator.
One more possible modification would be to invert the end panel with the laser cut hole so that it is towards the base where cooler air can be drawn in if the unit is used in the vertical position.
This is not a criticism of the review, merely some thoughts that may help others.  Grin
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2015, 06:57:41 PM

in the picture showing the liquid cooling the pump is connected to the PWM fan socket and the fan is connected to the standard three pin fan socket, surely for the fan to be controllable it should be the other way around and a four pin fan installed.

Fans are variable via PWM (some) or voltage (all). You only need 3 pins for voltage control.

Also while I don't own one of these I do have experience assembling computers and know the best cooling is achieved by a flow of air from bottom inlet to top exhaust, so flipping the radiator mounted fans to exhaust air will prevent them drawing in hot air from the radiator.

The PCBs require direct cooling so you can't reverse the flow.

RazorBack

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 07:26:15 PM

So with the 192.168.1.140 not working, I finally got my 110s miner running today...way too many hours in on this.  Here is what I did:

So no luck on my direct connect to laptop.  I configured my spare router to 192.168.1.1 and 255.255.0.0 and left everything else blank.  I had the laptop and 110 connected to the spare router. Checked my client list and found it at 192.168.1.19 with host name Cubian as a DHCP client.  In Chrome I entered 192.168.1.19 and went direct to the console.

However the Network settings on the console were 192.168.2.7 ;  255.255.0.0 ; and 192.168.1.1

So I changed the network settings on the miner and saved to 192.168.1.110 ;  255.255.255.0 ; and 192.168.1.1. So I saved the changes and shut down the miner.

I left my spare router settings to 192.168.1.1 ; 255.255.0.0 and  turned on the miner and the new IP does not work.  I rebooted my router and all I could see was my Laptop.  After some time the miner shows back up as 192.168.1.19 again as a DHCP client. 

It would appear that DHCP is configured on this, or the 192.168.1.19 is default and the setting changes made do nothing to the miner.  I have spent hours chasing my tail trying to figure this one out and no luck.

My last step in all of this was to put it online with my home network.  The only change I made to this router was the subnet to 255.255.0.0  When it is plugged into it I have nothing.  I tried several times rebooting the miner and the router, but the miner never shows up as a client.  I went back to the spare router and again after some time, the miner shows back up as 192.168.1.19.  I tired once again to change the IP in the console, and after rebooting the miner, this time it finally changed.

So just to make sure my home network router would see it for sure I created a manual IP with the MAC of the miner for the new IP I set.  And finally after several days and hours of for some reason magically it is working.

So much for Plug and Play.  Had I not had an extra router I don't think I would have ever got this working.

bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 03:24:02 AM

That's interesting, when I got my T110S, it was not DHCP but locked to the IP printed on the label.

Also tried this with three separate T110 and having no issues on this.

Having a hard time following your description, when you say console you mean the webgui?

Shouldn't the spare router settings should be 255.255.255.0 instead of 255.255.0.0 especially when your miner is set at 255.255.255.0?

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2015, 06:49:57 AM

Shouldn't the spare router settings should be 255.255.255.0 instead of 255.255.0.0 especially when your miner is set at 255.255.255.0?

Its probably just a typo in his account.

RazorBack

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 12:18:30 PM

Ok. Next Question for you all running these.  This thing is HOT!  I mean when you touch the case it feels like you can cook on it.  The console says the temp is 96 degrees.  I have it in a room and temp in that room is 85.  Is this normal?
irobb

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:26:08 PM

Yes, they run hot.  Even in a very cold room, mine hovers around 93C...
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 02:30:16 PM

Keep in mind that the HashFast based devices have a temperature sensor integrated into the silicon die. They will read a much higher temperature than something with the main temperature sensor on the PCB and not on the chip itself. That's (one of) the reasons why something like the Bitmain S5 reads so much lower a temperature than a Spondoolies SP20.
RazorBack

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 06:31:56 PM

YEY!!! I got my first payout this weekend.  I am using Eligius.  Now I see that we can enter more than one pool time.  My question is will this help or hinder mining. My thought process here is that if I mine more than one pool than my BitCrane miner resources are no longer dedicated to one place and mining would be slower.  Is that right or wrong?
lovenlifelarge

Activity: 676
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 11:53:02 PM

Is it just me or do these mining boards look very similar to BFL's Monarch???

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀▀███▄▄
▄██▀▀                ▀▀██▄
▄██▀                      ▀██▄
██▀                          ▀██
██▀                            ▀██
██▀    ███████        ███████    ▀██
▄██   ██████████████  ██████████   ██▄
██     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄███████▄▄     ██
██     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███████▀▀▀     ██
██         ███████  ███████         ██
██         ▀██████████████▀         ██
▀██         ▀████████████▀         ██▀
██▄         ████████████         ▄██
██▄         ██████████         ▄██
██▄                          ▄██
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀██▄▄                ▄▄██▀
▀▀███▄▄▄      ▄▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
    ███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
█████             █████
█  ██             ██  █
███████████████████████
    ████████████████████▄
██                ████▄
██                ██████▄
██                ████████▄
██                ██████████▄
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██                ████████████
██                ██        ██
██████████████████████████████
██                          ██
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 06:55:50 AM

YEY!!! I got my first payout this weekend.  I am using Eligius.  Now I see that we can enter more than one pool time.  My question is will this help or hinder mining. My thought process here is that if I mine more than one pool than my BitCrane miner resources are no longer dedicated to one place and mining would be slower.  Is that right or wrong?

It will not make a difference, as those other pools act as backups should the first one ever go down. It does not load balance.

dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2015, 06:56:33 AM

Is it just me or do these mining boards look very similar to BFL's Monarch???

Only in as much as they are both rectangles and both use a few high power chips.

Please consider filling out a quick survey about my guides to help improve them! You'll be entered into a raffle to win 2x $20 vouchers as a thank you.

mcbiv

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:32:49 PM

I thought I read some where that when switched on the controller board will flash morse code of the NiC's Ip. I believe this is enabled on the T-110(s) ans would have also possible worked for you.

https://github.com/cubieplayer/Cubian/wiki/Get-started-with-Cubian

My buddy is letting me use/making me fix his Miner T-110. At frst the issue was that the web controller would stop giving access to the control pane/plane, So i attempted to simply update the syste, kernal, and packages.  Now he controller board does not see the usb mining cards at all and "lsusb" is giving errors about noy being able to display or load devices.  I think it would take long long time to go thru and figure wherre it all went so wrong and the best option is to just reimage the flash drive with the stock shipped SD Image.  Does any one know where i can snag it or can you send a copy of a clean working Image for the BitCrane T-110.  I have a few email in at support forBitCrane but have bot heard back yet. 

Heya also great overview the system Dogie if i get thus working and my buddy wants it back i probably gonna get a few. I like the Idea of stacking three but would they operate as a one worker cluster or just as three independent workers...

Again thank for any help on T-110 System Image.

MCBV Wink
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 06:59:40 PM

Heya also great overview the system Dogie if i get thus working and my buddy wants it back i probably gonna get a few. I like the Idea of stacking three but would they operate as a one worker cluster or just as three independent workers...

Again thank for any help on T-110 System Image.

I don't have a copy of the image, you'll have to get it from them. You can either set each unit up on its own worker account or combined. Separate is best as it allows you to track the performance (And problems) of individual units.

RazorBack

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 01:22:15 AM

So is anyone out there overclocking this thing yet?  Any idea how high can you safely go with it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: