Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:49:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help in advertising! There are 2 7-11s that will start taking bitcoin.  (Read 955 times)
bigasic (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 01:41:37 AM

Hey,

I just got 2 7-11's to start taking  bitcoins, We are going to discuss the best method of taking bitcoin, we want it to be very simple for the customer. Also, i think this will bring a lot of business to these stores as we live in a mini silicon valley and many computer "geeks" love bitcoin, so they would go out of their way just to pay with bitcoin.

We are also going to sell bitcoin.  (we are going to make sure we are 100 percent legal with that) but, I think if its successful, we will get a lot of franchisees doing the same.

Please post your suggestions on how to advertise and go about taking btc. We are going to run a promotion, where we get the media involved, etc and offer discounts, and maybe even give away some bitcoin..

Your input is appreciated.

EDit (Moderator, please put this in the proper area, thanks)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unluckyduck

Activity: 359
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:09:58 AM

Free slurpee with every bitcoin purchase. Smiley
bigasic (OP)

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:00:05 AM

Yea, thats a good idea.. We want to get it down well, and then let the local media in on it. And if we can show that other franchises can make money by taking bitcoin, then its  win win for bitcoin and us. But, I want to make our own special gateway to take bitcoin, like thry bitpay or coinbase, but make it look like its ours..

Could you imagine if a lot of 711 franchises started taking bitcoin, there are hundreds of thousands of stores across the world...
Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:54:21 AM

Yea, thats a good idea.. We want to get it down well, and then let the local media in on it. And if we can show that other franchises can make money by taking bitcoin, then its  win win for bitcoin and us. But, I want to make our own special gateway to take bitcoin, like thry bitpay or coinbase, but make it look like its ours..

Could you imagine if a lot of 711 franchises started taking bitcoin, there are hundreds of thousands of stores across the world...

Building a gateway like Bitpay or Coinbase is an entire endeavor in its own right. I wouldn't bother obfuscating the fact that you're using Bitpay or Coinbase - does 7-11 try to make you think that you're paying through the "7-11 Platinum Card" through the "7-11 Payment Gateway" when you're actually just paying through your Visa card and some other gateway? It doesn't need to be branded.

Yes, though - do get the media in on it. I like the Slurpee idea too.  Cheesy

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:14:35 AM

Put one of those blow up dolls that inflate and deflate with the bitcoin logo on the front.  Reach out to local newsletters and bloggers to let the followers know about the news maybe even have a small bitcoin giveaway or raffle.  Great job getting them to accept Bitcoins, I'd think it's be worthwhile as they are open 24/7.
Fray

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:27:25 AM

Yea, thats a good idea.. We want to get it down well, and then let the local media in on it. And if we can show that other franchises can make money by taking bitcoin, then its  win win for bitcoin and us. But, I want to make our own special gateway to take bitcoin, like thry bitpay or coinbase, but make it look like its ours..

Building a gateway like Bitpay or Coinbase is an entire endeavor in its own right. I wouldn't bother obfuscating the fact that you're using Bitpay or Coinbase - does 7-11 try to make you think that you're paying through the "7-11 Platinum Card" through the "7-11 Payment Gateway" when you're actually just paying through your Visa card and some other gateway? It doesn't need to be branded.

Yes, though - do get the media in on it. I like the Slurpee idea too.  Cheesy
I don't think this would work with someone who is working at the level of the OP in terms of volume, but a large enough "reseller" or "affiliate" could in theory use coinbase's infrastructure but use their own brand, kind of like an independently owned franchise. AFAIK this is not something they offer at the time but they may consider it if you were to approach them and are able to generate enough revenue for them.
bigasic (OP)

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:18:54 PM

The 711's are franchised and my wife is the manager of one of them. Since they are franchised, the owner doesn't have to get permission to do anything,  but taking bitcoin might raise their eyebrows, lol.... I want to be able a safe/legal place to buy/sell bitcoins and also take bitcoins at the store, Im sure he will go thru bitpay or coinbase for that.

The owner didn't know I was into bitcoin and he started bragging to me that he got into bitcoin when it was just over a hundred dollars, when I told him when I got into it, he shat his pants and then we really got serious about bitcoin ideas..

We are going to go over the ideas and ways to implement them, I want to start taking bitcoin within a couple weeks, shouldnt be too hard, then thats the time to get the press involved..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: