Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:39:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do if you received 20 bitcoins?  (Read 9721 times)
Kipsy89

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Relax!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:18:53 PM

Your just sitting there and you get a notification that you have received 20 bitcoins out of nowhere. What would you do?

Woah, I don't know man, that's a loooot of money right there! I think it'd just put some marley records on and celebrate for a while. Just think about all the stuff you can get for that kind of money! I guess it'd put a lot of it in an Armory wallet but use some of it to buy some nice thing, ya know? Wink

ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:20:38 PM

Your just sitting there and you get a notification that you have received 20 bitcoins out of nowhere. What would you do?

Woah, I don't know man, that's a loooot of money right there! I think it'd just put some marley records on and celebrate for a while. Just think about all the stuff you can get for that kind of money! I guess it'd put a lot of it in an Armory wallet but use some of it to buy some nice thing, ya know? Wink

So, not a single second of your time would be wasted on figuring out who accidently sent you 12000$?
Not very naiise Moonn.
Mowcore

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:25:54 PM

Travel, go hiking in some remote location. Life atm is pretty shitty so that would be a pretty awesome holiday / getaway....and then go to barbados or ibiza to some techno party! (that lasts 1 week atleast). The rest will go into a cold wallet for age of old.

Humble Weekly Bundle.Pay What You Want. Redeem on Steam. Support charity. Pay with BTCitcoin now!--> Paypal Sad
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:29:23 PM

If I received 20 bitcoins I would try to find who made the error, if I can find him then I'll send back all the coins to the original owner.
If not I would add them to my cold storage and thank the unknown donator.
CJYP

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:18:14 PM

Better question maybe...
What would you do if you setgenerate true and mined a block with 25 bitcoin after only a few seconds?
Then there's no moral obligation to send it back to anyone, because there's nobody to send it back to (unless you decide to distribute it evenly among everyone who has bitcoin, proportional to the amount they have, but I don't see the purpose in doing that).
bitcoinminer007

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:21:41 PM

20 Bitcoin is a big amount. It would be great if i get 20 Bitcoin. If i got 20 Bitcoin i will start trading with them. I always want to be a trader. I think i will be able to fulfill my dream.
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 04:21:46 PM

Better question maybe...
What would you do if you setgenerate true and mined a block with 25 bitcoin after only a few seconds?
Then there's no moral obligation to send it back to anyone, because there's nobody to send it back to (unless you decide to distribute it evenly among everyone who has bitcoin, proportional to the amount they have, but I don't see the purpose in doing that).

Yep, exactly. That would be a much better question!
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:14:14 PM

If I received 20 bitcoins I would try to find who made the error, if I can find him then I'll send back all the coins to the original owner.
This is the correct answer. It is not right to take something that does not belong to you. If you are unable to get in contact with the person who sent the coins you should post here and wait for proof from someone that they sent you the coins in error. If after a certain amount of time (maybe a few months) and am unable to get in contact with the sender then I would pick a charity with a noble cause to donate the coins to.
Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:19:02 PM

If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

All kidding aside I would try to find the sender and if I could not find them I would invest it.

Hahah, did you invest in him? That story was incredible, wasn't it? I mean it was money he raised from freaking investors, for crying out loud!!! It's one thing to gamble away your own money, but the money from people who trusted you with their money.... Never!

No, I stayed far away from that. That was a train wreck that anyone that spent time at Just Dice could see coming. It was entertaining to watch for sure.

ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:28:37 PM

If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

All kidding aside I would try to find the sender and if I could not find them I would invest it.

Hahah, did you invest in him? That story was incredible, wasn't it? I mean it was money he raised from freaking investors, for crying out loud!!! It's one thing to gamble away your own money, but the money from people who trusted you with their money.... Never!

No, I stayed far away from that. That was a train wreck that anyone that spent time at Just Dice could see coming. It was entertaining to watch for sure.

yeah, a guy that handles money so badly (gambling ect) that he gets homeless wants to run a company. What could go wrong.
pabpete

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:46:56 PM

Pay off some loans and invest the rest.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:49:33 PM

If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

Good thing for you then. Were you a regular at Just Dice? Did everyone really know what he was about to do (starting the IPO) and suspect that he's going to blow the money on JD instead? I almost can't believe this is really true!

HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:50:38 PM

If I could not find the sender I would invest in shares of klyemax studios.  Cheesy

yeah, a guy that handles money so badly (gambling ect) that he gets homeless wants to run a company. What could go wrong.

Wow, so did he really went homeless after this? The last thing I know was that he indeed tried to pay back investors (which is futile) but still hangs around in his favourite bar, where he tried to get the waitress to strip for his company. Did he really lose his apartment?

ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:52:23 PM

Wow, so did he really went homeless after this? The last thing I know was that he indeed tried to pay back investors (which is futile) but still hangs around in his favourite bar, where he tried to get the waitress to strip for his company. Did he really lose his apartment?

He was homeless before all this happend. He begged for days on just-dice so that he can get food and shelter. Then he somehow got a job but still gambled away his loans.

It is a very tragic story, but I have no feelings for the investors, because it was a disaster in the making.
soulmann

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 05:53:17 PM

I would buy some sha256 or scrypt equipment. Or buy different cryptos at low price. Donate some to different developers. So many ways to spend them.
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:32:28 PM

Find the owner, and give it back.
ShakyhandsBTCer

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:35:08 PM

I would buy some sha256 or scrypt equipment. Or buy different cryptos at low price. Donate some to different developers. So many ways to spend them.

you probably found the quickest way to get rid of those coins again. lol
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:58:19 PM

I guess I'd start a thread and try and locate the sender on the forum but another part of me would want to invest, gamble, hodl and splurge a few coins hehe.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:02:03 PM

I would absolutely send it back to the sender if possible. Any amount of money received by mistake could represent a large percentage of the senders net worth
luckyluigi

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 07:06:12 PM

Call me cynical, but I find it difficult to believe so many of you would really send back the coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: