Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:49:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ROUND 2] Wife is pregnant ***AGAIN***, how to bring bitcoin into the process?  (Read 8939 times)
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:58:38 AM

Congratulations!  Having a kid will totally change your life, not to say it's a bad thing but just enjoy your freedom while you can Smiley

First, see if your wife is supportive before figuring out how much to involve bitcoin. If she's not into it, why not open your kid a "bitcoin wallet" and throw BTC in there at times, like on every birthday until 16 or 18.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mobius

Activity: 988
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:19:50 AM

Try investing in Actual Money and start an Actual Money trust fund to pay for some education, there are specific funds available with special percentage rates soley for education based funds, don't waste your money on butts, you have no idea what will happen with bitcoin or any other crypto in the next 18 years, nor does anyone else, and anyone who says otherwise is a flat out fucking liar, a deranged fucking idiot, or both.

I do not have money issues. I can easily afford to send a child to college now, this moment. The question is, how do you integrate bitcoin into something as specific and delicate as pregnancy. I'd like this to be a great milestone for bitcoin as I've, and not many people have, had the chance to ask this question.

The answer is DON'T it has no place there, its just a commodity confused as money, thats it, its not a medical service, its not a milestone at all...

So a bitcoin accepting doctor wouldn't be a milestone for bitcoin? This isn't my intentions, but you seem quite biased against bitcoin in general, not just this circumstance. Using your logic we could say bitcoin has no place in food service, hardware, software, alpaca socks sales, and everything/anything else...

i think normally you pay the hospital and the hospital pays the doctor, and when you pay the hospital its
through insurance company, so its not that simple
I understand this, and it's still not the point.
I think the point is that consumers do not usually pay the hospital/doctor directly, but rather they are paid by the insurance company. If a hospital were to accept bitcoin for payment and all their patients paid the entire amount they owe in bitcoin the hospital's revenue will still be primarily be fiat from the insurance company.
chowderman

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:24:40 PM

Try investing in Actual Money and start an Actual Money trust fund to pay for some education, there are specific funds available with special percentage rates soley for education based funds, don't waste your money on butts, you have no idea what will happen with bitcoin or any other crypto in the next 18 years, nor does anyone else, and anyone who says otherwise is a flat out fucking liar, a deranged fucking idiot, or both.

I do not have money issues. I can easily afford to send a child to college now, this moment. The question is, how do you integrate bitcoin into something as specific and delicate as pregnancy. I'd like this to be a great milestone for bitcoin as I've, and not many people have, had the chance to ask this question.

The answer is DON'T it has no place there, its just a commodity confused as money, thats it, its not a medical service, its not a milestone at all...

So a bitcoin accepting doctor wouldn't be a milestone for bitcoin? This isn't my intentions, but you seem quite biased against bitcoin in general, not just this circumstance. Using your logic we could say bitcoin has no place in food service, hardware, software, alpaca socks sales, and everything/anything else...

i think normally you pay the hospital and the hospital pays the doctor, and when you pay the hospital its
through insurance company, so its not that simple
I understand this, and it's still not the point.

The point is, it is just money, no matter how or where its from, USD, BTC, GDP, EUR, it doesn't have to be some revelation. It's stuff you work for and earn and you give to someone else for the service. You are taking it far too seriously. The fact you are having a child should be WAY MORE important than whether or not you can pay medical bills with bitcoin or not, its those kind of statements that people see as deranged and adds to the delusion that is the 'Cult of Bitcoin.'
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:15:59 PM

Spend the bitcoin on hospital bills, that's most probably the only way you can incorporate bitcoin in pregnancy.. Lol.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
yambad

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:28:19 PM

Sale the placenta in DeepWeb. There are people who like to make soup.
jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:31:57 PM

Spend the bitcoin on hospital bills, that's most probably the only way you can incorporate bitcoin in pregnancy.. Lol.

Well, as far as I know there aren't any hospitals that accept bitcoin so what you're really saying is to sell the bitcoin and pay in fiat which I think goes exactly against what the OP had in mind.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 01:59:34 PM

Learned that my wife is pregnant yesterday. This will be our first child. So how do I incorporate bitcoin into the process? I have bitcoins to spend.

Anyone got any clever ideas? This has potential.

Congrats man!  My wife too, has a bun in the oven, and is our first child also.   Cheesy

As for clever ideas, I like the idea of a physical Bitcoin with private key to commemorate your firstborn.  He/she can exercise or use it when they're much older.  Maybe put 1BTC on it.

Good luck to us both!   Grin

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
djangocoin

Activity: 474
Merit: 285

Brave New World

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:14:36 PM

I do not have money issues. Thanks for the concern though.

I even entertained the idea of naming the child with bitcoin in mind. I haven't figured out a good one yet.
Buttcorn

:]
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

My wife is pregnant too and I knew the news yesterday but this isn't our first son, it's the second.
Prepare yourself for some months of pain Cheesy
bit0

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:05:39 PM

https://i.imgur.com/O9ltWRp.png

congrats. 
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 1560

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:30:54 PM

- Shave the kid's head
- Tattoo a private key on his skull.
- When the hair grows back the private key will be hidden
- Send btc to corresponding address
- When he grows old and looses his hair he'll discover the btc. Nice retirement nest egg for him.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:31:28 PM

That t-shirt is cute.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:28:25 PM

That t-shirt is cute.

That's a neat idea and yes
It is quite the cute T-shirt

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
crypt4all

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 09:42:44 PM

https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/946 They are going to name their baby Satoshi Bitcoin Smiley

Pretty sick idea to name your child bitcoin!

Anyways congrats mate, i just had a baby and as new to cryptocurrencies i am thinking to buy her some bitcoins and give them when she is 18 (bitcoin usb stick nechless)!

btw cute shirt
Fray

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:53:22 PM

- Shave the kid's head
- When he grows old and looses his hair he'll discover the btc. Nice retirement nest egg for him.

I think some people would consider this to be cruel to the child (it would really be too young to consent and understand getting a tattoo like this).

I also don't think that a tattoo artiest can make a tattoo in enough detail to be able to make a QR tattoo of a private key.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:04:32 AM

- Shave the kid's head

I think some people would consider this to be cruel to the child (it would really be too young to consent and understand getting a tattoo like this).

I also don't think that a tattoo artiest can make a tattoo in enough detail to be able to make a QR tattoo of a private key.

Pretty sure he is joking.

bit0

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 05:44:17 AM

https://i.imgur.com/O9ltWRp.png

That t-shirt is cute.

That's a neat idea and yes
It is quite the cute T-shirt

Thanks guys. Feel free to use it, change it or do whatever you want with it.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 08:11:20 AM

Instead of him turning 18, give it to him when he's 12! That way he'll learn at an earlier age about cryotocurency.

afkmember

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 10:13:49 AM

I kind of like both ideas , qr tatoo and name satoshi bitcoin!!! Am i sick or just cyberpunk? Cheesy
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:59:02 PM

I've actually heard of midwives and/or doula's that will accept bitcoin, and if they don't currently, you could offer to help them to do so (Bitpay is free forever), you could potentially convince them to work at a discount because you're helping them get into the future of money!

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: