Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:02:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DUAL snapshot for BitShares PTS!  (Read 6287 times)
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:41:05 PM

in 1 day 8/21

the snapshot will be taken. if you hold pts make sure to transfer your shares to your wallet with your private key. if you are not sure, that your transaction will get threw, please contact if your exchange will honor the snapshot. bter and btc38 will honor, poloniex consider it.

So I bought some BitShares PTS... is it the wallet from 17th of february(githubdate) the one I need to transfer my PTS to ?

Yes, here the official repo and releases for Windows and Mac: https://github.com/BitShares/BitShares-PTS/releases

thank you very much ! so the screenshot is taken of all addresses and PTS balances? and later on the shares will be credited through my wallet? tried to figure it out on myself.. but im really familiar with that system^^
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:43:22 PM

in 1 day 8/21

the snapshot will be taken. if you hold pts make sure to transfer your shares to your wallet with your private key. if you are not sure, that your transaction will get threw, please contact if your exchange will honor the snapshot. bter and btc38 will honor, poloniex consider it.

So I bought some BitShares PTS... is it the wallet from 17th of february(githubdate) the one I need to transfer my PTS to ?

Yes, here the official repo and releases for Windows and Mac: https://github.com/BitShares/BitShares-PTS/releases

thank you very much ! so the screenshot is taken of all addresses and PTS balances? and later on the shares will be credited through my wallet? tried to figure it out on myself.. but im really familiar with that system^^

Yes, later you will import your PTS wallet (where was balances at snapshot) and get your shares.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Alohaboy?!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:50:10 PM

in 1 day 8/21

Yes, later you will import your PTS wallet (where was balances at snapshot) and get your shares.

okay cool! downloaded the BTSX wallet at first and it looked extremely nice.. so I was confused because the normal PTS wallet looks quite standart like every other
testz
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:54:03 PM

okay cool! downloaded the BTSX wallet at first and it looked extremely nice.. so I was confused because the normal PTS wallet looks quite standart like every other

Yes, BitShares PTS it's a bitcoin based PoW mineble coin, all rests BitShares DAC's based on brand new codebase BitShares toolkit (https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit)

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Alohaboy?!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:06:18 PM

allright I think I got it. thx again!
testz
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:19:24 PM

allright I think I got it. thx again!

Welcome  Smiley
If you will get additional questions please ask them here: https://bitsharestalk.org and you will get the faster and probably better reply.
Lot of useful info you can read here: http://wiki.bitshares.org

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
brekyrself

Activity: 547
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:28:38 PM

After seeing the latest wallet screen shot of BTSX market features I have a good feeling about these two new DAC's.  Looks like the market features will be released very soon, exciting times all around.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7170.msg95649#msg95649
penelopehead

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:25:09 AM

in 1 day 8/21

I purchased my first PTS shares today partly so that I could receive shares in these two new DAC launches, as well as subsequent ones.

Will we be required to import our PTS wallet for each and every DAC that is launched or will that process eventually be automated?
CLains (OP)

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:12:56 AM

in 1 day 8/21

I purchased my first PTS shares today partly so that I could receive shares in these two new DAC launches, as well as subsequent ones.

Will we be required to import our PTS wallet for each and every DAC that is launched or will that process eventually be automated?

You'll need to import your PTS wallet, but it may become simpler than it is now. There are talks of upgrading PTS, but nothing definite yet.
crumb-bum

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:19:57 PM

What does "importing your PTS wallet" entail? Is holding PTS in your wallet not enough to collect your share of future DACs?

Thanks.
SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:44:20 PM

What does "importing your PTS wallet" entail? Is holding PTS in your wallet not enough to collect your share of future DACs?

Thanks.

Yes its enough,
but you will need to import your wallet in the new DAC qt ( or whatever software it will be )
to be able to spend them !
kokojie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 01:51:59 PM

Thanks.

Means importing your PTS wallet into the DAC's client. Later on, this step may become unnecessary, since there maybe other ways to prove ownership. But right now, all clients so far requires importing your wallet/private key.

btc: 15sFnThw58hiGHYXyUAasgfauifTEB1ZF6
crumb-bum

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 02:13:03 PM

Thanks, guys!

Since you were so kind, another question for you Smiley

I guess I missed bitshares x (Feb. 28th). I only transferred my pts to my bts wallet on the 16th of Aug. Are there DACs that I can participate in yet, or are we waiting for bitshares music and others to emerge? And where can I find a list of available DACs?

Sorry to be so obtuse.
crumb-bum

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 03:00:00 PM

Right, finally read the OP on this thread and answered my own questions.
testz
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 04:48:05 PM

Thanks, guys!

Since you were so kind, another question for you Smiley

I guess I missed bitshares x (Feb. 28th). I only transferred my pts to my bts wallet on the 16th of Aug. Are there DACs that I can participate in yet, or are we waiting for bitshares music and others to emerge? And where can I find a list of available DACs?

Sorry to be so obtuse.

Join https://bitsharestalk.org and you will know everything.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █