Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:37:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitUndo?  (Read 870 times)
williamj2543 (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2014, 11:54:48 PM

I just saw a site called Bitundo (http://www.bitundo.com/). It allows you to basically "undo" transactions, double spending them (sort of). What do you guys think about this, you could easily be able to exploit some sites and users easily. Example, luckyb.it pays and sends back on 0 transactions, so you could use this service to get free bets correct?
I don't know how this works, someone please explain.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:18:43 AM

This site has to be fake right?

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
coinsolidation

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 12:25:14 AM

I just saw a site called Bitundo (http://www.bitundo.com/). It allows you to basically "undo" transactions, double spending them (sort of). What do you guys think about this, you could easily be able to exploit some sites and users easily. Example, luckyb.it pays and sends back on 0 transactions, so you could use this service to get free bets correct?

It appears to work on the premise that placing another transaction with higher fees for miners should entail that transaction is included in a block before the original transaction. BitUndo have then tried to monetize the process for their own benefit.

No harm would come if used against 0-zero confirmation gambling, as the process if successful would invalidate the first/gambled transaction and also any winnings from it, since the winnings are built using an input from the first (now invalid) transaction.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
hamdi

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:28:11 AM

i don't think this will get much traction...
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 07:51:39 AM

-snip-

#1 you send TX1 without fees
#2 you quickly make another TX2 with fees and give it to them
#3 if they mine the next block, TX2 will be confirmed and TX1 invalid

Yes this can be exploited, but those accepting bitcoins will adapt (e.g. require 1 confirmation). For some scenarios this might be a good idea. E.g. a TX hanging in limbo for days because no fee.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: