Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:05:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: sideways for so long now....  (Read 4932 times)
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 08:37:20 AM

what happened to all the bitcoin is too volatile talks. 
i hope some moron dumps a shitload in a day with a market order and everyone panics.

:-)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:10:57 AM

stability like this generally precedes growth....but damn if it isn't boring

It's summer. People are on holidays with their families or spouses and taking a time off of Bitcoin and trading. You'll see, when they return, the markets will start moving again, and I think they'll move up Wink

DjPxH

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 12:28:38 PM

stability like this generally precedes growth....but damn if it isn't boring

Yessssss! That's exactly what I'm thinking. We've seen this before. Not only 1 time, but 2, 3, 4 times maybe!!! It's just a sign that the next bubble is just around the corner. I can almost feel it bubbling already Cheesy Better boring sideways movements, than going down, I'd say!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 07:13:43 PM

The guy in my signature can't be wrong.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:22:27 PM

There are too few negative threads about bitcoin's value, when the speculation forum will be full of bears then the time for a new rally is come.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 09:51:48 PM

many good things happened this year already,

many big companies adopting, many user adopting (as seen by various charts on bitcoin activity in general).

no real negative news as far as i know

price has been going down or sideways all year so far.

it's just a matter of time before we go up, i just have no idea when.
Newbie1022

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 10:24:11 PM

what happened to all the bitcoin is too volatile talks. 
i hope some moron dumps a shitload in a day with a market order and everyone panics.

:-)

Nailed it!!!

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:07:06 AM

I for one really like the sideways movement.  It lets in new players with minimal fear and is good for business.  Really pants for trading though, lol.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
TheJuice

Activity: 840
Merit: 608

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:08:20 AM

I for one really like the sideways movement.  It lets in new players with minimal fear and is good for business.  Really pants for trading though, lol.

I think we are due for some excitement tho... been a boring 5 months.
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:46:55 AM

no more sideways, crash it is!
kireinaha

Merit: 253

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:50:47 AM

You really think a market that has been steadily falling in value for almost a year is a market that encourages new players? People join markets when they're rising... not when they're sideways followed by a crash every couple weeks. Bitcoin is poison right now to most investors.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
falllling

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:54:58 AM

You really think a market that has been steadily falling in value for almost a year is a market that encourages new players? People join markets when they're rising... not when they're sideways followed by a crash every couple weeks. Bitcoin is poison right now to most investors.

agree
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:10:27 AM

The guy in my signature can't be wrong.
My other favorite comment is, "You can take it to the bank" or "You can bank on it." People want the price to rocket up and hit a new high which will inevitably come back down for a certain time but settle well above a level where most people can accumulate anything substantial.

For all the folks w/ single digit coins or less, this time of a relaxed price should be a Godsend to do what's necessary to up one's ante for when things start to launch over the next few years. If the train leaves tomorrow and settles at $5k by the end of the month but one only has a coin or so, not so good. But, if you're able to accumulate a handful or more before the inevitable price movement in the future, you'll be much better off obviously so lick your chops and get busy buying when ya can.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:17:13 AM

Pro players don't enter a market after a big rise and all the media saying about how marvelous Bitcoin is, they enter the market while we are in downwards, then eat the noobs that only enter the market when the train has been gone.

The current market probably will atract pro players to come in, but not the average joe sardine, that would end up being eaten anyway.
kireinaha

Merit: 253

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:43:49 AM

Pro players don't enter a market after a big rise and all the media saying about how marvelous Bitcoin is, they enter the market while we are in downwards, then eat the noobs that only enter the market when the train has been gone.

The current market probably will atract pro players to come in, but not the average joe sardine, that would end up being eaten anyway.

We've been in a downtrend all year and no deep pocket investors are here to save us. Don't you see? We're all "waiting for Godot".

If Wall Street was going to invest in bitcoin... they would have invested in bitcoin.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
devphp

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:48:03 AM

Wall Street is not going to invest in crypto currencies on any major scale. This goes against all they rely on to make a living, and would undermine their own existence. Who would do such a stupid thing.
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:55:45 AM

Wall Street is not going to invest in crypto currencies on any major scale. This goes against all they rely on to make a living, and would undermine their own existence. Who would do such a stupid thing.

Until they can effectively own it, you are right.  They'll just gently nudge everyone towards, google wallet, or whatever else has been blessed by TPTB.  The sheep find comfort under big brother's shadow.
fdiini

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:39:49 AM

No longer sideway. We are on the down trend right now.

Litecoin and NXT dropped more than 20% alone today. I would be worry if I am holding a lot of bitcoin.
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:43:37 AM

No longer sideway. We are on the down trend right now.

Litecoin and NXT dropped more than 20% alone today. I would be worry if I am holding a lot of bitcoin.

I'd be more worried to be holding litecoin. It's been a rough road for LTC bagholders -- my heart goes out to you guys. BTC might dive to 500 or 450 and back, but we're going to the moon........... someday........

desired_username

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:49:53 AM

Wall street is utterly rotten - I'm not sure why would anyone want them to hop in

If wall street will indeed jump in - they won't make the average, pathetic peasant rich - they will use every single tool at their disposal to rip off the community by FUD and price manipulation.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: