Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:33:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] Bicknellski's Biased & Opinionated Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide  (Read 17544 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:15:09 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 05:38:51 PM by Bicknellski

Hahahah love the name of the guide... although, you need to up your bias factor, you're clearly missing a signature campaign pushing a re-seller of some type. You left out all the ponzi, I mean cloud mining companies though... You'd need to state "legit" every other line though.  The purchasing decision map in your signature is priceless though! Well done dude...  hahahah nice.  Grin

That is all pure copy paste on the purchasing decision tree... Go check the BFL Fucked Us Over Again thread for that one great work .

More BIAS? That is what the Caveat Emptor thread Gmaxwell wrote is for right? Don't buy miners at all basically that be pure 100% consumer advocacy I think but the community never reads good advice like that do they?

Although this is a tongue and cheek thread there is some value in just avoiding the Thumbs Down if you still think buying miners is somehow a good idea. The best advice would seem to be look at ways to bootstrap the coin other than mining and find a niche you can carve out in cryptocurrencies well beyond Bitcoin and sell your services and wares.

If you don't have cheap hydro and ambient temps that give you an advantage year round and the right hardware in significant volume then please don't do mining.

How Late is the Monarch?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:34:48 PM

The worst part about all this is that Josh actually denied these conversations ever happened despite the obvious truth of them. It pissed me off that he has been such a liar. Hence the need to publicly out him. I am glad the bitcoin press has run with this.

I am hoping all these companies get hung out to dry. They are robbing people blind and its imperative we keep the pressure on more than ever to expose them. They send faulty hardware to get a quick buck, all the while finding alternative methods to enrich themselves at our expense. AMT has their so called "cloud" mining operation on their site....for anyone who is interested, its a backroom of a warehouse with a bunch of miners they hand configure to mine with. No instant activation or the kind of features one would expect with a full service like that.

We need more honest companies out there to do the right thing by their customers and to stop using pre-orders.

The situation for some of these Thumbs Down companies seems to improve very little and the same things keep happening repeatedly. There is good reason not buy at Technobit or AMT given the recent trend.

Marto.. update please.. Over 6 weeks now Sad

Its one thing to be late.. but this is getting out of hand. Its not like your holding 20+th/s a sec or anything. That is just me. No telling how many others were in GB 1. This aint looking good man. I requested you keep us updated, and since then not a peep. I am hitting a wall. I paid on paypal and lord knows I do not want to reverse this charge, but you are going over. Luckily my cc covers me over that date.

We need a serious update man.. shit looking slim here stateside.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/amt-ceo-joshua-zipkin-naughty-nice-list/2014/08/25

Joshua Zipkin Plays Santa Claus

Joshua tried to ship “naughty” customers their miners without PSUs in order to cut costs. He only stopped once his lawyers told him it could end up relating to a “faulty hardware claim.” He also isn’t sending units with tracking numbers because they’re “too lazy to do that.” He also claims that due to his decision to ship about 70 units without PSUs that the miners got held up in Hong Kong.

[7/30/2014 10:37:33 AM] Joshua: we halted them in Hong Kong because we made like a naughty and nice list of clients right and that’s how we formed the batches. The naughty list didn’t have PSUs.
[7/30/2014 10:37:59 AM] Joshua: the lawyers said we had to ship with PSUs so we bought PSUs and have been installing them in all day in Hong Kong

[8/6/2014 2:42:52 PM] Joshua: cause we were going to ship several.. like 70 without PSUs cause [honestly] we don’t have [the] cash
[8/6/2014 2:43:11 PM] Joshua: the lawyers said it [could] relate to a faulty-hardware claim

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:08:40 AM

The worst part about all this is that Josh actually denied these conversations ever happened despite the obvious truth of them. It pissed me off that he has been such a liar. Hence the need to publicly out him. I am glad the bitcoin press has run with this.

I am hoping all these companies get hung out to dry. They are robbing people blind and its imperative we keep the pressure on more than ever to expose them. They send faulty hardware to get a quick buck, all the while finding alternative methods to enrich themselves at our expense. AMT has their so called "cloud" mining operation on their site....for anyone who is interested, its a backroom of a warehouse with a bunch of miners they hand configure to mine with. No instant activation or the kind of features one would expect with a full service like that.

We need more honest companies out there to do the right thing by their customers and to stop using pre-orders.

The situation for some of these Thumbs Down companies seems to improve very little and the same things keep happening repeatedly. There is good reason not buy at Technobit or AMT given the recent trend.

Marto.. update please.. Over 6 weeks now Sad

Its one thing to be late.. but this is getting out of hand. Its not like your holding 20+th/s a sec or anything. That is just me. No telling how many others were in GB 1. This aint looking good man. I requested you keep us updated, and since then not a peep. I am hitting a wall. I paid on paypal and lord knows I do not want to reverse this charge, but you are going over. Luckily my cc covers me over that date.

We need a serious update man.. shit looking slim here stateside.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/amt-ceo-joshua-zipkin-naughty-nice-list/2014/08/25

Joshua Zipkin Plays Santa Claus

Joshua tried to ship “naughty” customers their miners without PSUs in order to cut costs. He only stopped once his lawyers told him it could end up relating to a “faulty hardware claim.” He also isn’t sending units with tracking numbers because they’re “too lazy to do that.” He also claims that due to his decision to ship about 70 units without PSUs that the miners got held up in Hong Kong.

[7/30/2014 10:37:33 AM] Joshua: we halted them in Hong Kong because we made like a naughty and nice list of clients right and that’s how we formed the batches. The naughty list didn’t have PSUs.
[7/30/2014 10:37:59 AM] Joshua: the lawyers said we had to ship with PSUs so we bought PSUs and have been installing them in all day in Hong Kong

[8/6/2014 2:42:52 PM] Joshua: cause we were going to ship several.. like 70 without PSUs cause [honestly] we don’t have [the] cash
[8/6/2014 2:43:11 PM] Joshua: the lawyers said it [could] relate to a faulty-hardware claim

Even more phenomenal was that Marto and Josh were buddy buddy on trying to "FIX" AMT hardware issues right? That is the chat text I want to see leaked. BFL smells and so do a few others... can't trust half of the mining sellers at this point which says an awful lot about the nature of mining.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:00:40 AM

If you are new to forums you might not know the sordid history of BFL and the number of shills they once had promoting their lies and bs. It really is amazing that even today knowing what we all know as fact that some employees of that company still try to defend this company. Steer very clear of BFL products either hardware or cloud mining they are not to be trusted in any capacity with anyones money or bitcoins.

It's funny that the man who said it would be "ludicrous" if the difficulty hit the 27Billion (the next projected dif) was able to mine $500K worth of BTC.  That's quite a bit of success for someone who makes such ludicrous statements.

Either it was taken from BFL's assets or Josh has been making a tidy profit mining on customer's hardware.  KC might as well be Denmark because something is rotten...
I find it kind of amazing how intentionally blind you people are... Josh was on the mining scene long before BFL was ever thought of, yet no one seems to think he had the presence of mind to hold onto some of that?  Wasn't EMC created way back in June 2011?  Wouldn't that house purchase just be a drop in the bucket from all those coins mined back in 2010/2011 before he ever created that pool?  What about the sale of the pool back when the price of BTC was ~$10?  10K BTC would buy a lot today.  But no, that means all the FUD you're trying to put out there must be wrong, can't have the truth getting in the way of the mob mentality.  Logic has no place in these arguments because you're only willing to use the emotional content to spread your lies.

If anyone has blinders on it's your good sir.  You're working for a company that has horrible customer service and resorts to name calling of it's customer.  Even if everything that is claimed to be immoral and unethical is untrue their very behavior is something that should have been quelled in kindergarten.... and yet you continue your employment with them.  Guess times are tough in KC that you must resort to working for them.

I was on these forms for 6 months before I registered, and unless you had another account before your bcp19 account I'm pretty sure I know more about EMC on the public front that you do.  It's possible that he mined 10K if he had a large farm, but everything he posted back then indicated otherwise.  My assertion was how can a man who was as you claim so in-tune with the mining ecosystem that also melded into blockchain as pure energy claim that it would be "ludicrous" for the difficulty to hit the levels that it has.  Either he was being facetious with customers to sell more BFL ASICs or he is ignorant.  One or the other - can't have it both ways.

So BCP19 are you here to offer conjecture or to tell us something that we don't know.  Sounds like you're reaching... in court they would say "Objection.  Not substantiated. Request to strike from the record."

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 04:04:56 AM

Adding Minersource to the list...

Unfortunately there are more and more people coming forward and coupled with the Technobit fiasco for the GB for fabrication of compensation chips into boards there is no one really surprised they should avoid dealing with Minersource at this time.

Minersource is going the way of MtGox and folding under their own weight. Minersource was robbed by a Chinese company named Black Arrow, who promised mining machines to american customers through Minersource on a preorder basis. Americans preordered and Black Arrow under-delivered 5 months past due. In trying to obtain a refund for myself, I was informed that Minersource had sent absolutely every last bit of their money to China in exchange for miners we will likely never receive. Now, myself and a few hundred others are in the process of seeking legal action against Minersource for violating Federal Mail order fraud laws. They can't pay refunds because they sent all the money to China and they're going to have a hard time paying for a defense attorney. As of this week, the financial situation at Minersource has turned absolutely dire, they have run out of money and had to disconnect their phones. Which I'm guessing also means that they had to fire that little sex-kitten the woman that answered the phones for them.

So let this be a lesson to anyone trying to buy hardware from them in the near future. If it's not on-hand and shipping immediately, don't bother, because this company won't be around long enough to fill many more orders.

I have a pre-order from December 2013 that is unfulfilled with no known delivery date.
My refund request has been denied and subsequent contact so far has been ignored.

So, yeah, do not order from Minersource.net  Angry

Und3rd0g

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:45:21 AM

Bicknellski, at the "end of the day", aren't all the producers of mining equipment at this point just scamming the people that want @home miners?Huh
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 07:50:46 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2014, 05:36:46 AM by Bicknellski

Bicknellski, at the "end of the day", aren't all the producers of mining equipment at this point just scamming the people that want @home miners?Huh

Addressed that issue in this thread go back and read through.

One could argue that. One has argued that. Many have argued that many many many moons ago right up until this very moment and probably well into 2015 and probably until the end of BTC or as BTC prices remain below cost of production for a small miners.

Suffice to say that good money will continue to chase bad ideas. At least you can warn people off the VERY worst abusers and get something for their investment in choosing the lesser of evils. Scamming or is it poor and inadequate consumer education with regards to mining at home? Clearly if you are not spending millions to get economies of scale then home mining is really a hobby and should be treated as such.

There is really no need for this section of the forum if it is only geared to the small, hobby or home miner given the major fabricators are actually selling farm quantities use the smaller consumers as a dumping ground more and more for obsolete equipment. I think that was the case for AM and their earlier offerings of block erupters since they couldn't house all of their mining equipment they over produced.

The hobbiest or home miners should have stopped buying earlier in 2014 to be brutally honest. Then again, I just bought a small amount of SP30's and S2's so I am not even taking my own advice or listening to the many people like yourself rightfully pointing out the fact that there is no ROI in these units at this stage. I think there are any number of uses for mining equipment especially if you are targeting altcoins.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:27:35 PM

How bad is BFL?

The worst?

It's like the kid on the playground saying "I know something that you don't.  Neener Neener Neener".  It's pointless to argue with him.  I have officially given up.
That was not the intent of it... *you* put out the circumstances, 1) BFL shipped on time, 2) 300 units per day 3) the claim of making 1500BTC from a 60gh miner.  I used the information available to me and told you that you were wrong and gave examples, but rather than accept the fact that I knew what I was talking about, you claimed I was using bad information and then changed the subject to Avalon and now you are going on about AM and protocols and Josh and other things that were not part of your original claim.

While I may not have known that there was a 4x limit on increases, I do have an understanding of how the process works and have several spreadsheets that I used for differing values of GH added to the network.  In addition, I made a mistake with K9 since you were talking about 1500BTC from a single and he jumped in with 1000BTC from a mini-rig and I didn't stop to think.  I have never claimed to be perfect and I do make mistakes.

I'll just ask one question and leave it there... At 300 units per day, how many days did you think it would take to complete the day 1 orders?

As someone who worked for BFL long before your tour of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory and whoring yourself out BCP, I actually feel sorry for you. At first I was angry at your obvious shilling and knew you were on the payroll before everyone else did here. I was once in your position to an extent, but on a managerial level. I too thought it was a wonderful place to be and defended BFL everywhere I could, but then one day I woke up and looked in the mirror and realized what I was doing. I took a call from a soldier who was about to retire who wanted to spend all his retirement money on a minirig and as a former soldier, I just couldn't do it. My moral compass, conscience, and empathy for the common man took over and I realized that our customers weren't the greedy one's that we treated with contempt but that they just wanted their products. BFL was the greedy entity. So I left with no backup plan or job in waiting, nothing, because I couldn't do it anymore. I didn't believe anymore, but I didn't leave without a fight to do the right thing, they just didn't want to do it.

I know you feel you are doing the right thing here by defending them, but you're not. No points will ever be made and accepted by anybody here. Your company will still be the bane of the Bitcoin mining world no matter what you say your claims are dubious enough after you've been caught being dishonest here before and making strawmen. Any frontrunning, Apple-inspired design by BFL has been lost on the consumers due to lies, obfuscation and lateness. A website had to be bought to bring down the negative google searches. The Monarch is a late, hideous Frankenstein of a miner that should never have taken that long to build if your company didn't focus so much on aesthetics instead of delivering products to their customers, or investors as I like to call it. I know how all the finances went down there and one day when BFL shutters its doors I will write a book about it and the mining industry as a whole due to my experience with many different companies.

Having said that, there are some good people who work there at BFL who I still maintain friendships with. From what I have gathered from your posts, you are not one of them. But you still have time to change.

In the future, I suggest we ignore BCP's posts as they add nothing to the discussion and only deflect attention away from BFL, which is the point. No arguments will be won, so why try? The facts alone are damning enough without his input.

Be awesome.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:26:35 AM

Technobit continues to disappoint customers.

Shipped my order within Europe. So, I expect more B1 orders will ship soon.  Wink

Edit: If anyone need some Arctic Freezer 7 rev2 coolers, I have 20 for sale at $16 each. PM me if interested.
Those ship from the US, right?

Happy 7-weeks-since-ordering-paying-Anniversary to all! Anyone ordered/paid before 17th July?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 06:22:24 PM
Last edit: September 06, 2014, 06:42:56 PM by Bicknellski

Making zero zilch or nothing off copying and pasting your truth here. As for thriving? If people learn a lesson from your remark then it is you that thrives not me. Your reputation increases not mine. If you don't want to be quoted, then don't post. Clearly the reason for Marto74 to be discussed here in this thread is evident to all who have followed his career right? So you can stop your feigning indignation at me for collating his customers comments. Direct your banter at someone who really doesn't care what you think Marto.

What is worse are the people who continually cover up and evade what this guy has done for years now. Straight up theft in some cases.

Reductio ad Hitlerum is a form of association fallacy or ad McCarthy and says a lot more about you than me. Maybe you should go worry about your lost investments and leave me be so I can post in this thread in an effort to save someone the same folly you made and let them have a few more dollars for their kids' xmas presents this year.

And thanks for clearly pointing out he has FAILED to deliver as promised. Here is hoping anyone reading these posts takes that nugget out of all this and if they are still tempted to buy miners they choose from the Thumbs Up list as a starting point.

Technobit continues to disappoint customers.

Shipped my order within Europe. So, I expect more B1 orders will ship soon.  Wink

Edit: If anyone need some Arctic Freezer 7 rev2 coolers, I have 20 for sale at $16 each. PM me if interested.
Those ship from the US, right?

Happy 7-weeks-since-ordering-paying-Anniversary to all! Anyone ordered/paid before 17th July?
Wow, having a follower here, too bad it is a McCarthy style imbecile like you. I don't like shops/manufacturers making claims they can't hold, I hate fools like you that thrive on that a thousand times more. Now, gfy okay?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:53:52 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 05:26:33 AM by Bicknellski

Ignored. Very clearly stated in the title of the thread. BIASED & OPINIONATED. Opt to ignore thread and me problem solved. Simple and easy.

Go fix the fact that Marto74 has lied to his customers yet again which is no bloody surprise if you have been following his antics for the past few years here. That is all you need you to worry about. Not about who wants to point it out so that new users don't fall into that trap.

Feel free to keep bumping the thread so more people see it. Works for me just note I won't be "following" your every word. If you think Marto74 cares about you and your order then I guess you should go ahead and order more. Thought not, thus proving the point you can't trust him to deliver on time as promised. You are not the first person to fall victim and unfortunately you won't be the last.

The fact that he uses multiple accounts to pad his own trust rating and post in his own threads to "change" the perception is pretty transparent to most people that follow his threads. You don't just lie and rip people off and think you can get away with it right? Or maybe you think that is ok as long as you get your stuff right? Funny you want to engage me rather than the person lying to your face openly numerous times.

Bottomline here:

Don't buy any hardware or services from Technobit. Just look at the record you don't even have to use your complaints. Here is just one more 'satisfied' customer posting again for service. There are literally 100s of these posts asking for clarification, answers, service support etc. Obviously the community needs to be informed about this considering it continues on and on without end.

I'll check the outside images and links

Marto, Please check you email regarding the rma return i got. 1 miner is working the other one not. i have been mailing you for the last week.

A week further no response from Technobit.. martin/Marto is hiding?

No response from you.

marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 02:22:02 PM

Ignored. Very clearly stated in the title of the thread. BIASED & OPINIONATED. Opt to ignore thread and me problem solved. Simple and easy.

Go fix the fact that Marto74 has lied to his customers yet again which is no bloody surprise if you have been following his antics for the past few years here. That is all you need you to worry about. Not about who wants to point it out so that new users don't fall into that trap.

Feel free to keep bumping the thread so more people see it. Works for me just note I won't be "following" your every word. If you think Marto74 cares about you and your order then I guess you should go ahead and order more. Thought not, thus proving the point you can't trust him to deliver on time as promised. You are not the first person to fall victim and unfortunately you won't be the last.

The fact that he uses multiple accounts to pad his own trust rating and post in his own threads to "change" the perception is pretty transparent to most people that follow his threads. You don't just lie and rip people off and think you can get away with it right? Or maybe you think that is ok as long as you get your stuff right? Funny you want to engage me rather than the person lying to your face openly numerous times.

Bottomline here:

Don't buy any hardware or services from Technobit. Just look at the record you don't even have to use your complaints. Here is just one more 'satisfied' customer posting again for service. There are literally 100s of these posts asking for clarification, answers, service support etc. Obviously the community needs to be informed about this considering it continues on and on without end.

I'll check the outside images and links

Marto, Please check you email regarding the rma return i got. 1 miner is working the other one not. i have been mailing you for the last week.

A week further no response from Technobit.. martin/Marto is hiding?

No response from you.

Hey troll.
Just out of curiosity can you name at least one of the members that posted in my trust rating that is my fake acount.
Can you ?
And please avoid writing about my family.
I know the fact I like women is strange for you Wink

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:06:35 PM
Last edit: September 08, 2014, 01:54:27 PM by Bicknellski

Don't buy from Marto74 of Technobit. Thumbs down. Steer clear of his hosting offers as well. Thanks for the bump back to the top of the page.

I have not used technobit myself, but I have seen that he is very fast on designing new miners. Why thumbs down?

There are a number of unresolved issues with some customers as well as scores of customers that were poorly treated and lied to directly and this is well documented in the threads. I can not recommend a company that is unwilling to resolve customer complaints. If those who were burned are made whole then I am more than willing to change my opinion. At this point I don't see how that is going to happen given the stance of the company towards some of their customers. Given what passes as customer service it is not a company I would recommend based on even present threads in the last few weeks with regards to RMA's.

This is not a guide on how fast you come to market. It is a guide on how well you deal with the consumer bottomline and there are clearly persistent issues with this company and their treatment of consumers. I would never personally recommend a company that has outstanding issues with the community especially when you might even have suspicions they use multiple accounts to misrepresent their customer service. There is clearly an inordinate amount of NEW members posting on how great the Technobit service is. It is an anomaly that doesn't go unnoticed by senior members and should give you pause about the reality with that company especially given how many complaints there are right up to today.

As an example Avalon would be thumbs down until we are given the whole story of what went down during the chip fiasco last year. You can't rely on a company that has willfully ignored the community asking for accountability. As such you are much better off dealing only with companies that have proven trustworthy. Again my opinion but there is certainly less risk involved dealing with companies on the THUMBS UP side vs. the THUMBS DOWN side.

Bitmain or Rockminer does very well shipping almost real time with minimal delays / pre-order and at a reasonable price. Why not use them over a company that could be suspect? That to me is why you use this guide. You cut through the crap and get to the point. Who is reliable all the time. The pattern continues... be warned.

Update.
The boards are populated and tested @ this stage.
@ the moment each board is tested with heatsink and cooler.
This is a slow process. Then the boards pass 2 hour test each.
Hopefuly will manage to start shipping in Saturday.
Our shipping girl will start contacting you all tommorow for transport details
Anything happening in the shipping department Marto?

Has anyone been contacted by Technobit yet?

Nor I, the bankwire thing that he instructed us to do if we were apart of the group buy hasn't even gone through yet.

My BA order got into Bulgaria on the 8th of August and since then the delivery looks like it has not been picked up yet.

-No update from Marto on this (multiple messages sent in the past week)
-No processing of my order since I made it on the 5th of August and because of that:
-No reference number to send to Marto for him to look into

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 08:23:27 AM

Why is Spondoolies Tech a company in the Thumbs Up section?

I can attest to this personally but there a many happy customers like these posting in the forums.

Is Spondoolies a trusted company? Somebody got their miniers?

Ty for answers.

Leo

I own and operate an SP10 and two SP30s. Totally brilliant units. Spondoolies-Tech gear is top notch "server grade" equipment, and their customer service is the absolute best that I have encountered in the industry.

Just so you know, I've been mining 24x7 for the last 444 days*, and I also own gear from ASICMINER, Bitmain, Bitmine, BFL, and KnCMiner.

Since Spondoolies-Tech started selling miners I haven't found myself purchasing from another vendor. Not saying I won't (I quite like variety), but ever since I got my first SP10 I've been addicted to the build quality, form-factor, efficiency, and customer service.

And yes, they have always shipped on time. They cut it fine with the August Group buy, but I did personally receive my SP30s in the month of August, albeit at the very end of August... but still August. Some other companies (I won't mention who) will keep telling you that they will deliver in Two Weeks™, and deliver 6 months to 1 year late (you think I'm joking... I'm not). Then of course there are the scams that take your money and never deliver a product.

* I calculated the date I started mining and by pure chance as I post this it is 444 days since then.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 04:28:44 PM

The hits keep rolling in on Technobit. Thumbs Down... and down and further down.

And again 5 days have gone by and NO RESPONSE from technobit...
How can we solve this issue.... Do you want me to send the miner back or is that useless???

Please respond i'm getting rather fedd up by you and your company...

Little reminder:
2 miners went for rma you send me two back after 2 months. One miner is working the other one is not working.
When i connect it to the power supply it will not start no fan spinning nothing. The other miner on the same power supply is working.

Dallas5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 07:13:45 PM

Agree on Minersource, they never communicated the delay of Blackarrows hardware. They promised to refund me on two seperate occasions and I still got nothing! Be careful if you do business with them, they're happy to take your money but don't follow consumer protection rules.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:55:13 AM

Some interesting posturing by SPTech. Will the Chinese competition in 2015 get crushed? Leaving us only one superpower in miner production?

I have respect to AM and Bitmain past achievements, but they're not high on my list. I don't believe China will be able to compete in 2015

Can you elaborate as to why?
I'm under NDA with various parties, so I can't give concrete information.

In general, to win in 2015 you'll need in descending order of importance:
1) Team or access to team with years of circuit design experience in advance nodes.
2) Access to cheap electricity - sub 0.03 $/KWh or less
3) Cheap production

From what I was able to learn, the Chinese teams (including some publically unknown) has only (3) above.
Some of them are rushing to bleeding edge nodes (TSMC 16 or Samsung/GF 14) but it's not enough.

marto74

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 09:49:44 PM

Bick..
You should rename the tread to Technobit fuck us over again
You are in Action mode again
all this will not change the fact your hardware design efforts are failure
Cheesy

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 04:04:58 AM

Bick..
You should rename the tread to Technobit fuck us over again
You are in Action mode again
all this will not change the fact your hardware design efforts are failure
Cheesy

You're a dumb piece of shit and a terrible businesman marto, what say you to that?

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 05:46:07 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 10:47:17 AM by Bicknellski

Still unhappy customers in Minersource / Technobit Group Buy...

@Marto: I paid over €4000 at the €-BTC rate of 07-17-2014. If I opt for a refund, will I get the equivalent of the € price in BTC at the €-BTC rate on the date of the refund, or at the date of paying (as in: the same BTC number as paid on 07-17)?

@Bobsag3, since the 07-22-2014 message I would be sent a check, no word has reached me through your broken Zen system, I had a reply by pm from Thomas my tickets and even your emails (minersource's) never came in or went out, and a fair number of checks did not reach their destinations. I asked to be updated on what is next for my case, but nothing since. What should I do next to get this moving?
Bump
We started to ship and problem solved even with hand replacement of MCU's
Your order is for EU so will be out tomorrow or in Monday.
As far all the boards are produced for the assembly service batch1 no refunds will be available for now.
second sending for minersource is out today/tomorrow too

Marto.. Please go back to page 2 as I was one of the first to request your service and paid you in full conversion (no chip exchange) for 200 chips. I am seeing people with orders WAY after mine posting pics of machines in hand. Something is not right. Now you talk of MS second shipment. I do not get it at all man. Why have you not shipped my order?

Only person fucking himself over is Marto74. As soon as everyone gets a taste of his brand of biz you might see fewer and fewer examples like above. Simply use more reputable companies and you won't have a problem with delivery, RMA etc. Just start with the companies on the Thumbs Up list and be free of the BS. Funny how a lot of these companies seem to work together or have side deals? It is boggles the mind why anyone would buy from these companies given the alternatives.

How hard would it be to actually get things delivered without excuses? Simple as avoiding those companies on the Thumbs Down list.

Problems in the past continue today... nothing much has changed.

Might as well jump in here too.

Marto, through a botched Group Buy scammed me out of 1.43BTC

If you look at the details in his trust you will see many people have lost money to this guy.

In my case, he ran a group buy then 6 months later, decided to cancel it due to avalon not delivering,
and instead of PMing everyone in the group buy he leaves a message in a 6 month old thread telling everyone if they don't send him a message to him by a certain time and date with a special signature that you were out of luck.

In that very same thread month or more earlier I asked for a refund and he did not provide it.

Then when I finally saw his little message he said I was too late and all he was willing to do was ship me chips, which he claimed to do in October of 2013. You know what Avalon Gen 1 chips were worth in Oct 2013? NOTHING!

But even then he said he shipped them, they never arrived and he tried to get ANOTHER 0.10 BTC from me to pay for special shipping.

be an informed buyer, read the threads where he does business you have about a 90% chance, in my opinion of getting screwed in some way, late shipment (usually 3 months), No shipment,  lost shipment.

This is someone you NEVER want to do business with. EVER.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: