Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] Bicknellski's Biased & Opinionated Miner Sellers Trustworthiness Guide  (Read 17544 times)
Bicknellski (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:40:00 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 01:59:00 PM by Bicknellski

Chinese mining farms are crazy! It's so incredible... Why is it always that "The Chinese" are doing these things that seem to get totally out of proportion? If it comes to Bitcoin mining it is clear that you need to keep your costs down and it's purely margin hunting. But, wow still...

Hey what about the BitFury one in Iceland... 20 Ph? Was it?

Those pictures of the Avalons just cast aside is really mind blowing. If only you had "free" electricity something green based... biodigestor or something right?

There are basically two scenarios I can think of why they would set them up in stages, test them on a couple of pools, take them down to test the next bulk and the switch them on bulk by bulk. However, none of these scenarios looks good for BitFury in the long term....

June 18 - June 29 was BitFury Georgian DC. 20MW deployment in 1.5 months. They've started in mid May.
What we see now is what George Kikvadze calls "Summer Surprise". It's their Icelandic DC.
I believe we can expect a continues cadence of 20 PH/s from BitFury every 2 months.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xingqiaoyin

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 03:52:53 PM

KNC togheter with BFL? that's harsh  Tongue

At first I also thought that this is a tad extreme, but you really have to look how they continued to get worse and worse. They didn't meet their delivery promises, the miners seemed to be used. They tricked customers into new terms and also refused refunds. They used to be a very good manufacturer and a ray of light in this dark area, but it seems they've gone a long way since then!

It is amazing how fast you could become a hero to zero in bitcoin world.
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 04:48:56 PM

I have not used technobit myself, but I have seen that he is very fast on designing new miners. Why thumbs down?
Yes , but do not forget this is Bick and this is his personal opinion.
And it is what it is
We had a big forum war with him about a month ago , so ....Wink

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:12:20 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 04:12:27 PM by Bicknellski

KNC togheter with BFL? that's harsh  Tongue

At first I also thought that this is a tad extreme, but you really have to look how they continued to get worse and worse. They didn't meet their delivery promises, the miners seemed to be used. They tricked customers into new terms and also refused refunds. They used to be a very good manufacturer and a ray of light in this dark area, but it seems they've gone a long way since then!

It is amazing how fast you could become a hero to zero in bitcoin world.

All the way to the bank right? There have been millions "misappropriated" by many a hero now zero. And that is why you want to set the bar a bit higher to save people a buck in the long run. Just follow threads and read what is going on for those in the THUMBS DOWN section. Most of them continue to disappoint right up to today. You can see why people should avoid the thumbs down list when you continually see this lack of information. When people have more time to respond to this thread and ignore customers you have to consider why even bother ordering from companies like this when you have so many good options available.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682105.msg8340699#msg8340699
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682105.msg8327832#msg8327832
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682105.msg8345100#msg8345100
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682105.msg8318257#msg8318257
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=564612.msg8462935#msg8462935
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=682105.msg8484540#msg8484540

Only 2 boards shipped till now? 4 Weeks after chip arrival now, at least?
Is there anyone that actually got his X1/X3 shipping fee and extra psu they paid for back from Minersource since you converted to chips?

I know your busy Marto.. But a daily update would not hurt. In fact it would help you. I for one could care less if you say we had a step back as we ran into... blah blah blah. Fact is I am of the few who paid in full no conversion chips, and would like to know the status.

My 12k venture hit 26k+ and I rely on you. The money I sent alone would pay 3 qualified workers for the next 3 weeks. That is just me...

Hy marto74,

i send you on 05.08. 2 broken mimers back. i send you a message to for my return delivery to you, for 2 broken miners.

The Tracking Code, Shows, that the miners wait till 12.08 in your local post office, why do you not pick them up?Huh?

I LOST MANY TIME OF MINING!

AND when it comes back, i lost the delivery costs to, and have only broken miners from you!

Check your messages!

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Niggle

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

“Create Your Decentralized Life”

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:19:29 AM

Why the thumbs down for Avalon? I know they had their past problems but they are currently shipping in hand stock and fast. I got my 290gh module in Sydney, Australia in 6 days. Not bad I reckon.

bbxx

Activity: 728

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:59:32 AM

NOTE: bbxx falsely accuses Beastlymac of a scam and goes on to lie. Trust ratings are there for legitimate claims of fraud or untrustworthy behavior. As such I gave him a negative trust rating for lying about Beastlymac. Check his negative rating here, and the scam accusation lies here. I will remove this note as soon as the Moderators move the post bbxx made that is off topic to scam accusations or elsewhere as it is way off topic.

i have deleted my post, but i am forced to defend

beastlymac within 4 months was denying any order, payment. finally he found secret list with order and put goods at auction. it is scam. pure fraud. my "lies" has been proven false.

thanks
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:47:11 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 01:58:37 PM by Bicknellski

Arbitrage / Mining Alternatives to Revenue?

Another trader, Joseph Lee, created arbitrage bots that managed his trading for a year, netting him hundreds of thousands of dollars. He has since retired the bots to focus on derivatives exchange BTC.sx. Lee also disagrees with the conclusions of Halaburda and Gandal’s working paper.

“Without a doubt, arbitrage opportunities have existed in [the period of study] and will always exist in the market. They even exist in the current financial market which has trillions of dollars of liquidity,” he said.

So you do not want to buy as there is no ROI? But are there opportunities in Arbitrage between exchanges for BTC or even between altcoins and BTC?

Don't chuck out the miners yet always a new way to skin a cat.

----

NOTE REINSTATED:

Again let us be clear bbxx falsely accuses Beastlymac of a scam and goes on to lie about the nature of the dispute. Trust ratings are there for legitimate claims of fraud or untrustworthy behavior. As such I gave him a negative trust rating for lying about Beastlymac. Check his negative rating here, and the scam accusation lies here. I will only remove this note as soon as the Moderators move the post bbxx made that is off topic to scam accusations or elsewhere. Or bbxx deletes his post entirely from this thread and stops harassing people.

SAMPLE: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712480.msg8357710#msg8357710

He was not ignored for 5 months I did respond to some of the messages sent although I do admit that my communication skills during that period was sub par.

He has withheld his shipping details from day one. Even though he stated. His package would have been delivered months ago had he provided his shipping details "in next days i will provide you shipping address plus i will send you cash for package to poland." As KWH has hinted at it is possible that curiousminer withheld his shipping details in an attempt to bet on the difficulty at the time they would have been delivered if the difficulty was good he would have kept his order if not he would have tried to get a refund. Maybe he was under the impression that getting a refund at a later date was a possibility because he did not read the rules that where stated in the thread that say that no refund could be given after the order had been submitted to the manufacturer.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:49:50 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 01:58:29 PM by Bicknellski

Federal regulators are warning consumers about the risks of using virtual currencies such as Bitcoin.

Prudent?

This guide is hopefully making it less the standard for cowboys walking off with your bitcoins.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 06:57:53 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 01:58:21 PM by Bicknellski

Why the thumbs down for Avalon? I know they had their past problems but they are currently shipping in hand stock and fast. I got my 290gh module in Sydney, Australia in 6 days. Not bad I reckon.

Still outstanding issues with regards to the lost revenue on batches and chips. Given the millions they cost I can not personally recommend them until they give a full accounting of what happened. Particularly with the chips as many a good DIY developer tanked and are still in dire troubles as a result. If they were somehow able to rectify some of that I'd be more inclined to support Avalon but as it stands I don't think it is appropriate to recommend supporting a company that did so much damage. Sometimes it is probably best to avoid companies like this entirely in the hopes they do suffer the same fate they caused so many people... that fate... bankruptcy. Not unlike HashFast, Bitmine, and others that have failed to properly compensate people that is why I place Avalon in the thumbs down. Also given there are more reputable players without such baggage why bother with Avalon?

Although I will review any and all information you have on their current patterns I think they still have a lot to do to make up for what has transpired beyond shipping some units on time in the last few months.

My question is when do you trust a bad player given the damage ranged into the millions of USD? Ever? 3 Months? When Yifu left?

What do you think is an appropriate rehabilitation of this companies reputation given there are still people in debt as a result of their failures and they have not compensated those people properly? (Asking seriously here... maybe there is room for me to move my opinion but is just shipping today enough?)

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:23:54 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 01:58:08 PM by Bicknellski

Added this good link to the original OP for miners interested in the topic ROI and USB Miners. Should help you make your decision easier.

Some rants about Financial ROI by TheRealSteve

----

In other news

16:36 Aug.15 2014

Announcement from official Weibo of multiple cryptocurrency exchange Bter.com:

"Someone hacked Bter's NXT central account and stole 50m NXT. We are working with the dev for a plan. We will keep you updated."

The current price of NXT is around 0.2073 Yuan/NXT which means around 1.63million USD was stolen. So far, NXT transaction has been suspended on Bter.com.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 01:44:01 PM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 01:57:49 PM by Bicknellski

http://www.iasicminer.com/index.php/action-channel-name-home  

Adding this on the Thumbs up. Posted by FriedCat in the forums here.

aerobatic

Activity: 702

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:04:19 PM

Why are AsicMiner and AsicMiner Tube separately listed companies?  Surely, the former is the company and the latter is just the latest of their numerous products?   you didnt list any of the other company's products separately so i believe this is a confusing entry.

Biostar

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:38:33 PM

Maybe you should concentrate on wasp rather than proving than no one will ever be happy with any answer anyone comes up with, even one as basic as good or bad.
A little competition never hurt anyone.

I am not in competition with his version.

I am posting this as a guide to people who may not want to spend an inordinate time reading all the reasons why he arrived at a score and then ignore the consumers who have complained about company X or Y. Let me make it brutally clear that this is a biased guide that is CONSUMER CENTRIC not MANUFACTURER CENTRIC unlike his guide.  

Again it is always on the consumer to make the choice. I hope what I provide is the starting point for people to make a better informed decision. I don't know anyone with any time spent in these forums that is going to complain much about this "system" because I am willing to actually listen to people if they have concerns about my ratings and change them. Unlike those that think they have a system without bias or a personal skew. Don't take my word for it. Just go read his thread... plenty of justifiable complaints there.

Shut up Dicknellski.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 12:55:50 AM

Maybe you should concentrate on wasp rather than proving than no one will ever be happy with any answer anyone comes up with, even one as basic as good or bad.

I am posting this as a guide to people who may not want to spend an inordinate time reading all the reasons why he arrived at a score and then ignore the consumers who have complained about company X or Y. Let me make it brutally clear that this is a biased guide that is CONSUMER CENTRIC not MANUFACTURER CENTRIC unlike his guide.  

Again it is always on the consumer to make the choice. I hope what I provide is the starting point for people to make a better informed decision. I don't know anyone with any time spent in these forums that is going to complain much about this "system" because I am willing to actually listen to people if they have concerns about my ratings and change them. Unlike those that think they have a system without bias or a personal skew. Don't take my word for it. Just go read his thread... plenty of justifiable complaints there.

Shut up Dicknellski.

Your Biostar scam didn't work why are you back on this account?  Why don't you fuck off you useless bag of shit.
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 07:25:02 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 11:46:10 AM by Bicknellski

Why are AsicMiner and AsicMiner Tube separately listed companies?  Surely, the former is the company and the latter is just the latest of their numerous products?   you didnt list any of the other company's products separately so i believe this is a confusing entry.

I read it as two ventures as Friedcat / Asicminer is not the one doing the shipping / fabrication as noted below:

Contacts
Bitcointalk ID: phasebird
Email: sale@bitquan.com
Customer service: help@bitquan.com
Customer service QQ IM ID: 1327503207

Have revised the Thumbs Up section to reflect that and made a note to review the 'legal' situation to find out what is really the case. Are The ASICMINER Project and IASICMINER one and the same entity? Uncertain. I will assume like putting reputable group buy sellers on the Thumbs Up that IASICMINER is in fact worthy of trust, given FriedCat has vouched for this company. Although I don't see evidence they are the same entity only that FC posted up the notice.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:26:46 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 04:46:20 AM by Bicknellski

snip

Your Biostar scam didn't work why are you back on this account?  Why don't you fuck off you useless bag of shit.

Ignoring yet another multi of some dipshit that doesn't like being added to the Thumbs Down. Guesses who this biostar really is? Loshia or some sort AMT link I guess or Technobit. Either or steer clear of anyone on the Thumbs Down and keep the to Thumbs Up and you should avoid most problems that have come up in the last  few years of miner sales.

Und3rd0g

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:24:35 AM

Bicknellski, know that your efforts here are appreciated!  Kudos to you on behalf of the mining community!
Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 04:43:13 AM
Last edit: August 24, 2014, 07:10:03 AM by Bicknellski

Bicknellski, know that your efforts here are appreciated!  Kudos to you on behalf of the mining community!

We all do our part I hope and thanks for the mention.

This is always a communal effort to help the community, especially new people in bitcointalk, avoid pitfalls of those companies who are really in this game to maximize their profit at the expense of the consumer then fail to provide hardware on time and to spec as promised. If you use the Thumbs Up companies you will have less problems. We all know this if you have spent any time on these forums. It might be overly simplistic but you know what it works.

Bicknellski (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:49:45 PM

The situation for some of these Thumbs Down companies seems to improve very little and the same things keep happening repeatedly. There is good reason not buy at Technobit or AMT given the recent trend.

Marto.. update please.. Over 6 weeks now Sad

Its one thing to be late.. but this is getting out of hand. Its not like your holding 20+th/s a sec or anything. That is just me. No telling how many others were in GB 1. This aint looking good man. I requested you keep us updated, and since then not a peep. I am hitting a wall. I paid on paypal and lord knows I do not want to reverse this charge, but you are going over. Luckily my cc covers me over that date.

We need a serious update man.. shit looking slim here stateside.

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/amt-ceo-joshua-zipkin-naughty-nice-list/2014/08/25

Joshua Zipkin Plays Santa Claus

Joshua tried to ship “naughty” customers their miners without PSUs in order to cut costs. He only stopped once his lawyers told him it could end up relating to a “faulty hardware claim.” He also isn’t sending units with tracking numbers because they’re “too lazy to do that.” He also claims that due to his decision to ship about 70 units without PSUs that the miners got held up in Hong Kong.

[7/30/2014 10:37:33 AM] Joshua: we halted them in Hong Kong because we made like a naughty and nice list of clients right and that’s how we formed the batches. The naughty list didn’t have PSUs.
[7/30/2014 10:37:59 AM] Joshua: the lawyers said we had to ship with PSUs so we bought PSUs and have been installing them in all day in Hong Kong

[8/6/2014 2:42:52 PM] Joshua: cause we were going to ship several.. like 70 without PSUs cause [honestly] we don’t have [the] cash
[8/6/2014 2:43:11 PM] Joshua: the lawyers said it [could] relate to a faulty-hardware claim

cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1054

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2014, 04:56:54 PM

Hahahah love the name of the guide... although, you need to up your bias factor, you're clearly missing a signature campaign pushing a re-seller of some type. You left out all the ponzi, I mean cloud mining companies though... You'd need to state "legit" every other line though.  The purchasing decision map in your signature is priceless though! Well done dude...  hahahah nice.  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: