Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:50:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor plugin  (Read 5008 times)
jron (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 11:27:50 PM

Thank you for merging the Trezor plugin.

https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/commit/bbfd708333421119c78398f050be4f2898adc8c1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fireduck

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:45:36 AM

What is the status of trezor with electrum?

Can someone give me an overview?

Bitrated user: fireduck.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 06:09:03 PM

I would like to know that too.  Sounds important because
hardware wallets are what the masses needs.

ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 06:59:29 AM

I merged it because it works..
however, that plugin still needs to be polished and tested.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
drrussellshane

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:12:16 AM

I just downloaded 2.0 from git on a Linux Mint 17, and there is no option for Trezor under "plugins", although there appears to be a trezor.py file in the plugins folder... it just isn't showing in the GUI. Is there something I have to do to "import" the Trezor plugin or something?

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 06:24:52 AM

I just downloaded 2.0 from git on a Linux Mint 17, and there is no option for Trezor under "plugins", although there appears to be a trezor.py file in the plugins folder... it just isn't showing in the GUI. Is there something I have to do to "import" the Trezor plugin or something?

you have to create a new wallet

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
drrussellshane

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:00:00 PM

you have to create a new wallet

After tinkering around a bit, the Trezor plugin now shows under the plugin menu, but it is "greyed out". It says that github/python-trezor is required, but that is already downloaded and installed, as far as I know.

I am not getting any option to use the Trezor when I create a new wallet, nor when I restore from a seed.

Buy a TREZOR! Premier BTC hardware wallet. If you're reading this, you should probably buy one if you don't already have one. You'll thank me later.
jron (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 11:55:09 PM

So far, the plug-in is working flawlessly. Nice work! It would be great if we had the option to forget the password/salt used on exit.
japandrew73

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:43:00 PM

anyone installed this on OSX?  Would love to get a DIY tutorial
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:53:17 AM

anyone installed this on OSX?  Would love to get a DIY tutorial

It's not particularly newbie friendly to build it from source.  You need the OSX Command Line tools, brew, python, python-trezor, cython, git.  These need to be installed appropriately and working ie : sudo python setup.py install

Then you need to download the seed_v7 release and build it from source

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=122438.msg8594191#msg8594191

Failing that I expect an official electrum+trezor plugin build will likely be released within weeks - it already works
Totscha

Activity: 1276
Merit: 622

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:25:53 PM

I'll keep it short and sweet.

This plugin should be a priority. Please include it in the next release, even if it's a minor. No need to wait for the big 2.0 Wink
AussieHash

Activity: 692

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:28:10 PM

I'll keep it short and sweet.

This plugin should be a priority. Please include it in the next release, even if it's a minor. No need to wait for the big 2.0 Wink

Not possible. Trezor uses BIP32/39/44, as does electrum 2.0

Electrum 1.9.8 uses a different HD scheme.
jaspita

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 14, 2014, 10:03:23 AM

I have followed this tutorial to install Electrum 2.0 beta with Trezor functionality: http://blog.perlover.com/2014/10/20/electrum-2-0-trezor-compiling-driver-usb-ubuntu/

Everything goes fine, I am able to recreate my wallet with the passphrase and the correct transactions appear in the electrum interface.

But when tryiing to send a transaction in the Send tab, nothing happens when clicking the send button although I have correctly input the address and amount.

Any ideas why this can be happening?

Thanks
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 11:42:55 AM

I have followed this tutorial to install Electrum 2.0 beta with Trezor functionality: http://blog.perlover.com/2014/10/20/electrum-2-0-trezor-compiling-driver-usb-ubuntu/

Everything goes fine, I am able to recreate my wallet with the passphrase and the correct transactions appear in the electrum interface.

But when tryiing to send a transaction in the Send tab, nothing happens when clicking the send button although I have correctly input the address and amount.

Thanks

I haven't used it. But I think it needs to be fully synced before sending, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley If yes, is the syncing process finished?

~~MZ~~

jaspita

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 12:41:18 PM

Thanks

I haven't used it. But I think it needs to be fully synced before sending, correct me if I am wrong. Smiley If yes, is the syncing process finished?

~~MZ~~

what do you mean by fully synced? How do you know if it is synced?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2014, 01:02:51 PM

Click Tools > Network. You can see no. of block synced. If it is up to date, i.e., synced till the latest block, you can send BTC. But I don't know whether it is applicable to Trezor.

~~MZ~~

jaspita

View Profile
November 15, 2014, 01:19:45 PM

Click Tools > Network. You can see no. of block synced. If it is up to date, i.e., synced till the latest block, you can send BTC. But I don't know whether it is applicable to Trezor.

~~MZ~~

Thanks for that. I will check it out and will come back here with the results
tl121

Activity: 278
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:35:49 AM

I followed the instructions and installed the Trezor plug in the latest Electrum from Git, running on Ubuntu on a 64 bit VM machine hosted under Windows 7.  Basically, it all worked as per the instructions.

There are a few rough issues that I noted, none serious.

1.  Establishing connection to the Trezor can be a little slow and this can be a cause of anxiety the first few times this is experienced, along with the window getting dim while handshakes are going on. (Not sure if the VM machine makes this slower than it would otherwise be.)

2.  When sending bitcoins there seems to be excessive clicks required on the Trezor to approve "large" fees that were created by Electrum (which weren't really large). This probably needs to be fixed (not sure where) because if the user gets in the habit of clicking through when a real large fee happens by accident the warning will be ignored.  (Boy who cried wolf syndrome.)
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 01:35:58 PM

=snip=

2.  When sending bitcoins there seems to be excessive clicks required on the Trezor to approve "large" fees that were created by Electrum (which weren't really large). This probably needs to be fixed (not sure where) because if the user gets in the habit of clicking through when a real large fee happens by accident the warning will be ignored.  (Boy who cried wolf syndrome.)

For Electrum, you can change the fee in settings. So I think it will also apply for hardware wallets(Trezor and BTChip). The default fee is 0.0002BTC.

~~MZ~~

tl121

Activity: 278
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 04:39:17 PM

=snip=

For Electrum, you can change the fee in settings. So I think it will also apply for hardware wallets(Trezor and BTChip). The default fee is 0.0002BTC.

~~MZ~~

Yes I know that the defaults can be changed.  But this shouldn't be necessary, i.e. the defaults should be aligned. There should never be so much as a single unnecessary click to send money safely.  This is a basic principle of user interface design. (Note: I am not complaining, just making constructive criticism.)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: