Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:06:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s]  (Read 88116 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 12:28:54 PM

Day #2 with shipping label, but no pick-up? Thinking label was printed to placate me. I would rather just have it shipped in the order it was paid for, kind of like the advertisement suggests.. Guess when you are the only one "shipping" you can afford to slight your customers. 30 days until Bitmain ships again, I can not wait as this "deal" is not winning my attention.

At least the 3 evga G2 1300's actually got shipped so power will be on hand when/if DHL ever gets my shipment.  Huh

Pickup is in bulk to get you reasonable prices, give the man a break.

Am I understanding right that you link the boards together? So basically I'd have 4 boards from one assembly and 1 board from a second assembly linked and powered by the 1300 and the remaining 3 boards on the second assembly linked and powered by the 850?

That's correct.

The boards are electrically separate so the PSU doesn't care. Just do NOT power the same board (ie two touching PCI-E ports) with different PCI-E ports or you'll cross load the PSUs and mess up both.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WBF1

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 12:50:47 PM

Am I understanding right that you link the boards together? So basically I'd have 4 boards from one assembly and 1 board from a second assembly linked and powered by the 1300 and the remaining 3 boards on the second assembly linked and powered by the 850?

That's correct.

The boards are electrically separate so the PSU doesn't care. Just do NOT power the same board (ie two touching PCI-E ports) with different PCI-E ports or you'll cross load the PSUs and mess up both.

Ok cool I should be good to go then, assuming my current thinking is correct as below:

- 200 W per board without overclock
- 250 W per board with overclock
- that puts my 850W PSU at 600-750 W when powering 3 boards
- puts my 1300W PSU at 1000-1250 W when powering 5 boards
- 1A x 12v max X 2 (max) for the controller = +24 W, will probably run this from the 850W PSU**
- Huh
- profit (hopefully?)

**This assumes molex connectors on a PSU run on the 12V rail... does anyone know if they do? If not, which rail do they run from? Pretty sure its the 12V though, otherwise GPU manufacturers wouldnt ship molex-to-pcie adapters...
funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:01:11 PM

Are there any trusted UK/European re-sellers selling small batches of this item or is everyone going direct?
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 03:27:15 PM

The shipping process is:

1. We ship the parcel to our local logistics company. If we have more than a few hundred
to ship at one time, the company will come and pick them up.

2. The logistics company ship them to Hong Kong DHL (preferred), or Hong Kong UPS/Fedex
if DHL shipments are overfilled.

3. Hong Kong DHL ship them to the target location.

It is usually slower than shipping directly with DHL, but it reduces the risk of exportation
investigation. It also reduces the cost of shipping so that we could keep the free shipping
policy for longer time.

Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:25:33 PM

The shipping process is:

1. We ship the parcel to our local logistics company. If we have more than a few hundred
to ship at one time, the company will come and pick them up.

2. The logistics company ship them to Hong Kong DHL (preferred), or Hong Kong UPS/Fedex
if DHL shipments are overfilled.

3. Hong Kong DHL ship them to the target location.

It is usually slower than shipping directly with DHL, but it reduces the risk of exportation
investigation. It also reduces the cost of shipping so that we could keep the free shipping
policy for longer time.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.  I'm happy that you are taking measure to keep our costs low.  There was never any doubt from anyone (else).

If your prices were higher due to different shipping methods and/or export fees, you'd be hearing about how much better a deal the S3's are.  You can't please everyone.

Guess when you are the only one "shipping" you can afford to slight your customers. 30 days until Bitmain ships again, I can not wait as this "deal" is not winning my attention.

Grow the fuck up.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
whonesta

Activity: 379

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:01:20 AM

Dogie to be sure I appreciate your work and opinion, due to this I did MUCH more then "give him a break". In fact I gave him 9.7083 BTC, so please spare me your wrath  Wink

Friedcat thank you for the clarity, I was/am disappointed my order was overlooked and missed "the boat" last week.

Grow the fuck up.

Ah, well then an attack. I guess I get to defend my use of such strong language like "slighted", I am sure if I articulate just what I experienced in this process you will find my use of the word appropriate if not logical.

I like several of you spent several thousands of dollars to participate in the "early" distribution. Unlike those who ordered after me, my 9.7083 BTC worth of gear DID NOT ship and will not ship for several more days. I wrote several PM to phasebird, emailed a few times to sales@ over the course of 4 days. NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE!!

So I download QQ, create user, add phasebird, and message..  BAMM response, "oops how did that get missed", "checking into it" and a few hours later DHL tracking. OK they missed me, but hey they are on it now...  oh no I will not ship until end of week, because your process is sloppy and my order fell thru the cracks..  I miss out on 7+ days of 8+ TH/s and this does not constitute an adjustment to atone for a mistake...

I was slighted, I feel slighted now, and because my order will be on the dock for several more days I will continue to feel slighted for sometime to come. I wanted to add my experience in the hope that friedcat would shore up his process. Now that I am aware that it is not wanted or childish to point out a failing or disservice I will be sure to look for a more childish location to focus my BUSINESS!!

FYI Finksy the asshole you see every morning in the mirror, yep it is you.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:17:04 AM

[ DO NOT POST SESC LINKS ] DO NOT POST SESC LINKS [/url]
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:35:32 AM

Finally an insult other than being called a shill!

Thank you swimmer, I keep forgetting about the ignore function.

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:26:00 AM

I just tested the ethernet controller with Eligius pool using rockminer's T1 device and it doesnt work with Eligius pool
ghash works fine
I posted on Eligius as well.  not sure if it's rockminer issue or the Ethernet controller, same one that comes with a Tube

-- dogie, did you succeed with testing against Eligius?
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 08:34:47 AM

I just ordered 5 units with 2 controllers.

Great price. Anyone can recommend a PSU to go with it? I can't really view how the ports look like and how many ports I would be requiring.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
vortex1878

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:15:39 AM

Dogie to be sure I appreciate your work and opinion, due to this I did MUCH more then "give him a break". In fact I gave him 9.7083 BTC, so please spare me your wrath  Wink

Friedcat thank you for the clarity, I was/am disappointed my order was overlooked and missed "the boat" last week.

Grow the fuck up.

Ah, well then an attack. I guess I get to defend my use of such strong language like "slighted", I am sure if I articulate just what I experienced in this process you will find my use of the word appropriate if not logical.

I like several of you spent several thousands of dollars to participate in the "early" distribution. Unlike those who ordered after me, my 9.7083 BTC worth of gear DID NOT ship and will not ship for several more days. I wrote several PM to phasebird, emailed a few times to sales@ over the course of 4 days. NOT A SINGLE RESPONSE!!

So I download QQ, create user, add phasebird, and message..  BAMM response, "oops how did that get missed", "checking into it" and a few hours later DHL tracking. OK they missed me, but hey they are on it now...  oh no I will not ship until end of week, because your process is sloppy and my order fell thru the cracks..  I miss out on 7+ days of 8+ TH/s and this does not constitute an adjustment to atone for a mistake...

I was slighted, I feel slighted now, and because my order will be on the dock for several more days I will continue to feel slighted for sometime to come. I wanted to add my experience in the hope that friedcat would shore up his process. Now that I am aware that it is not wanted or childish to point out a failing or disservice I will be sure to look for a more childish location to focus my BUSINESS!!

Bitmain,  any updates on the S2 upgrade option as discussed? A lot of us have paid a high amount of BTC/GHs for these, (at least I) with the understanding we will have options to increase hashing power very soon.

Grow the Fuck UP!..  he never said soon, in fact outside of complete speculation the S2 upgrade is a fantasy.

Cute cross-thread pillow-fight.  Grin
bolehvpn

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:27:45 AM

Another question, would these tubes support P2Pool?

notice some ppl having issues with Eligius.

BolehVPN [Offshore, no log VPN|Accepts BTC, DASH and XEM]
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3836

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:23:24 PM

You can type 192.168.0.254:8000/FlashMega on your web browser to update to the
newest firmware on each hashing unit (no internet connection is needed). After that
you can type 192.168.0.254:8000 to access the configuration page.

i don't get this fully.
So, I will have to have my laptop setup manually on 192.168.0.X subnet, then connect with ethernet cable to tube?
Why internet connection is not needed to download firmware?
what if my network is on 10.X.X.X? Will tube function properly?
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:29:29 PM

newest firmware on each hashing unit (no internet connection is needed). After that
you can type 192.168.0.254:8000 to access the configuration page.

i don't get this fully.
So, I will have to have my laptop setup manually on 192.168.0.X subnet, then connect with ethernet cable to tube?
Why internet connection is not needed to download firmware?
what if my network is on 10.X.X.X? Will tube function properly?
After you connect to the ethernet controller, you can change all four sections of its IP afterwards.

bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 02:34:38 PM

Got my miners cleared Smiley

there are some fresh photos.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=750363

Great packaging, friedcat.

WBF1

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:43:19 PM

Another question, would these tubes support P2Pool?

notice some ppl having issues with Eligius.

If not, we'll probably just need a proxy...

http://Https://github.com/slush0/stratum-mining-proxy

Or

https://github.com/Stratehm/stratum-proxy

Come to mind.

blackheart13

Activity: 426

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:46:40 PM

I spent an additional 3+ hours tonight trying the FlashMega suggested by Friedcat and redoing everything I could think of to get them to work.  Still unable to get even 1 of 10 to work.  Has anyone received theirs and able to make them work?
Thanks

So I received mine today & finished assembling them. When powered on I can get it to identify all 4 boards. However only 1 or 2 will mine. The board that mines isn't always #1. It seems to be random (after mining for approx 10 minutes Asics on the good board start to go bad). The dip switches are done correctly. How they are powered isn't the issue. Originally was using a 1200w psu. Added another 850 with each board having 2 pci-e. Didn't make a difference.  Have also used different controllers.
Any ideas or something that I am missing?  Have tried 3 of 10 with same results so far

Try this:

newest firmware on each hashing unit (no internet connection is needed).

If you already changed the controllers' IP. Please just append /FlashMega to the real URL
in your web browser.
WBF1

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:51:18 PM

I spent an additional 3+ hours tonight trying the FlashMega suggested by Friedcat and redoing everything I could think of to get them to work.  Still unable to get even 1 of 10 to work.  Has anyone received theirs and able to make them work?
Thanks

Really hope this is just a one-off problem, user error, or trolling...

(not calling you a troll blackheart, just saying I'd rather that be the case than non-functional ASICs)
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:54:06 PM

these things OC'able?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
blackheart13

Activity: 426

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:03:59 PM

I fully understand.   I hope it's my error.  I just don't know what I have wrong.  Have tried every combination of variables I can think of to get it to run correctly and it hasn't made a difference.  Will be glad to remove my posts about a problem and post the solution when I find out.  Used the video for setup that bbxx referenced when I did it.  I also went through dogie's review where I saw how to setup the dip switches to number the boards. 

Only once did all 4 boards show up and say they would mine an expected 840gh (actual was never higher than 450)  Within 10 minutes of running 2 boards were all dead asics, 1 was 80%, & 1 40%.  Was mining at 120gh

Most of the time I can see all 4 boards but only 1 mines.  Does so around 120gh.  More than enough power is available so its not a psu issue.  Am at a loss.  Last night's 3 hours were with a friend of mine that regularly builds computers and has built multiple scrypt miners.  Also has a number of different miners.  While I know its not the same, he went over everything that I had done and couldn't come up with only issues or other ideas about what might solve the problem. 

Thanks

Really hope this is just a one-off problem, user error, or trolling...

(not calling you a troll blackheart, just saying I'd rather that be the case than non-functional ASICs)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: