Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:38:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s]  (Read 88119 times)
Finksy
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 03:40:09 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 04:53:52 PM by Finksy

these things OC'able?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723445

Dogie had his OC'd to 920 GH/s, unless he was just quoting manufacturer estimates.

Dogie, or anyone else that's used these, is an extra fan necessary for cooling when OC'd?

IBM 2880W PSU Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=966135 IBM 4K PSU Breakout Boards & Packages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1308296 
Server PSU-powered GPU rig solutions! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864539  Wallet address: 1GWQYCv22cAikgTgT1zFuAmsJ9fFqq9TXf 
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 04:30:18 PM

I fully understand.   I hope it's my error.  I just don't know what I have wrong.  Have tried every combination of variables I can think of to get it to run correctly and it hasn't made a difference.  Will be glad to remove my posts about a problem and post the solution when I find out.  Used the video for setup that bbxx referenced when I did it.  I also went through dogie's review where I saw how to setup the dip switches to number the boards. 

Only once did all 4 boards show up and say they would mine an expected 840gh (actual was never higher than 450)  Within 10 minutes of running 2 boards were all dead asics, 1 was 80%, & 1 40%.  Was mining at 120gh

Most of the time I can see all 4 boards but only 1 mines.  Does so around 120gh.  More than enough power is available so its not a psu issue.  Am at a loss.  Last night's 3 hours were with a friend of mine that regularly builds computers and has built multiple scrypt miners.  Also has a number of different miners.  While I know its not the same, he went over everything that I had done and couldn't come up with only issues or other ideas about what might solve the problem. 

I spent an additional 3+ hours tonight trying the FlashMega suggested by Friedcat and redoing everything I could think of to get them to work.  Still unable to get even 1 of 10 to work.  Has anyone received theirs and able to make them work?
Thanks

Really hope this is just a one-off problem, user error, or trolling...

(not calling you a troll blackheart, just saying I'd rather that be the case than non-functional ASICs)
Why don't you post step by step what you did.
Did you follow fc instructions precisely?
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 06:47:38 AM

hi
can i get answers for questions below from manufacturer? thanks

got 6 miners assembled but i cant get them working

how they should be wired? i mean white transfer cable, and long one to controller

board 1

1a 1b

board 2

2a 2b

board 3

3a 3b

board 4

4a 4b

where a is socket nearest to fan

1a->2b 2a->3b 3a->4b 4a->controller?

i am testing it and it takes long time...
and how switches should be set if there is only 4 boards

and 8

nuber 1 is this one with controller ?

thanks

ps. sorry but this miner is not so easy to setup without detailed guide Smiley
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:35:18 AM

hi
Please use the connector closest to the ethernet socket on the controller to connect to boards.

The order of board addresses is not important, the specific numbers are not important as well.
You only need to keep each boards' addresses different when connecting them to the same controller.

You can test each board or device separately with the same ethernet controller.

For example. If you have a device addressed at 0,1,2,3 and the other device addressed at 7,10,21,5 (just random numbers not overlapping with 0,1,2,3), they can be connected to the same controller. They can also mine separately with different controllers.

bbxx

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 07:53:14 AM

hi
Please use the connector closest to the ethernet socket on the controller to connect to boards.

The order of board addresses is not important, the specific numbers are not important as well.
You only need to keep each boards' addresses different when connecting them to the same controller.

You can test each board or device separately with the same ethernet controller.

For example. If you have a device addressed at 0,1,2,3 and the other device addressed at 7,10,21,5 (just random numbers not overlapping with 0,1,2,3), they can be connected to the same controller. They can also mine separately with different controllers.

thanks for answers.

i will pm you shortly.
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:20:13 AM

According to it specification, this is an old gen SHA256-ASIC:

ASICMiner Tube
Hashing output:920GH/s
Power Consumption:1000W

ASICMiner BE200 ASIC Chip
Type:BE-200
Process:40nm

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
friedcat (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 848
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 10:28:09 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2014, 10:50:50 AM by friedcat

We observed some cases that the boards are bent, detached from the heatsink due to the not using of washers, or screwing too tight from the handle to the fan. This will cause unexpected behavior since the wires inside boards may break, or some parts will overheat because of bad attachment to heatsinks.

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:47:01 PM

I wish there was an /r/dogie call function on these forums, its literally just by chance that I'm walking into threads where people are directly questions to me and I'm seeing them in a timely manner.

I just tested the ethernet controller with Eligius pool using rockminer's T1 device and it doesnt work with Eligius pool
ghash works fine
I posted on Eligius as well.  not sure if it's rockminer issue or the Ethernet controller, same one that comes with a Tube

-- dogie, did you succeed with testing against Eligius?

I couldn't find a pattern to it, but yes it doesn't like some pools and doesn't give an indication of why its not hashing. So far the only one that I know works every time is ghash.io.
these things OC'able?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=723445

Dogie had his OC'd to 920 GH/s, unless he was just quoting manufacturer estimates.

Dogie, or anyone else that's used these, is an extra fan necessary for cooling when OC'd?

Oh no, it OC's fine. Its one of the only BE200 designs that is able to support the chips this high. No additional fans are needed, and that was at a 35C testing ambient. 920 is 920.*

*Its worth remembering I last testing on a HashRatio Tsunami with a different fan, I do NOT have the Tube's specific fan or PCB. Its also worth remembering that these speeds are not guaranteed as the chips are the limiters, and that you will need either 2x750W PSUs or a 1300W PSU to OC.

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:48:24 AM

I would like to suggest to make a how to assemble video, step by step, highlighting out the common mistakes that the users seem to be making. It would save time by preventing reiterated questions on the same issue, and minimize user dissatisfaction (especially if they end up voiding the warranty by user mistake)

Another video should be made for its configuration.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:02:38 AM

I would like to suggest to make a how to assemble video, step by step, highlighting out the common mistakes that the users seem to be making. It would save time by preventing reiterated questions on the same issue, and minimize user dissatisfaction (especially if they end up voiding the warranty by user mistake)

Another video should be made for its configuration.

I would do it but I don't have the 'retail' kit, so I don't actually know what you receive.

funkymunky

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:16:35 AM

Are there any trusted UK/European re-sellers selling small batches of this item or is everyone going direct?

I presume the answer is no for the time being?
DenisZabar

Activity: 614
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 02:17:23 PM

Are there any trusted UK/European re-sellers selling small batches of this item or is everyone going direct?

I am also intrested for buying if you have European resellers.

funkymunky

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:51:26 AM

I am also intrested for buying if you have European resellers.

There was an "approved" and trusted European reseller who I purchased a small quantity of Asicminer usb block erupters from.

However; I no longer have the communications stored with them and for the life of me cannot remember their Bitcointalk profile....
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:08:07 AM

There was an "approved" and trusted European reseller who I purchased a small quantity of Asicminer usb block erupters from.

However; I no longer have the communications stored with them and for the life of me cannot remember their Bitcointalk profile....

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246020.0

Although I don't see any new Asicminer at http://asicminer-shop.de/
whonesta

Activity: 379

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:04:21 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 07:42:48 PM by whonesta

Well they Finally made it...  ALMOST!  DHL lost the 2 boxes with the hash cards in them, really??  Anyway they were located and "should" arrive this evening. Check that I get the pleasure of going and picking them up. Hey Dogie is that part of the Bulk discount experience?

That being said, I begin preparing for the build out,

One of the boxes has a noise coming from it...

Not sure if that is enough, guess I have to separate them out...  FUN!

I am pretty sure that is not enough..  4 x 10 units = 40 - 15 = 25 Short by my count..  Friedcat any help?...  FOUND!! during sort.

Will continue after I actually get full delivery.........
wpgdeez

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:08:05 PM

Wow, so much fail with the AM tube so far.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 05:12:43 PM

<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
I am pretty sure that is not enough..  4 x 10 units = 40 - 15 = 25 Short by my count..  Friedcat any help?
<snip>

WOW!!! speechless...

Can you tell me how many screws are needed for 1 tube in total?
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 05:22:05 PM

That can't possibly be true?!!   Huh

That many screws to put together an ASICMiner Tube?  That can't be right...

Talk about having a loose screw!   Tongue

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
whonesta

Activity: 379

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:40:52 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2014, 07:58:14 PM by whonesta

<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
I am pretty sure that is not enough..  4 x 10 units = 40 - 15 = 25 Short by my count..  Friedcat any help?
<snip>

WOW!!! speechless...

Looks like 4 - 4M x 55mm(allen head, 4 nylon washers), 4 - 4M x 8mm(phillips head), and 144 - 2M x 6mm(phillips head); each machine.
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 07:43:22 PM

<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
<snip>

WOW!!! speechless...

Looks like 4 - 6M x 55mm(allen head, 4 nylon washers), 4 - 6M x 8mm(phillips head), and 144 - 2m x 6mm(phillips head); each machine.

wuut?!  Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: