Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:40:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s]  (Read 88119 times)
crusoe1234

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 02:35:26 AM

I had a hashboard go bad on me last weekend.  It kept overloading a power supply.  I pulled it off the heat sink and checked the back for burn holes around the asics.  I found one suspicious place.  I was hoping I could remove the core by cutting it out, like on the old avalons.  Instead I had to remove R44 on the burnt section.  These are in parallel so it didn't disrupt the rest of the boards current/voltage.  I lost two good asics in the process but also gained the use of the board again.  I think I'm around 194gh/s on that board.  

Tonight I went through and checked all screws for the heat sinks on my two tubes.  I must of found 1/10 loose.  They also didn't come with thermal pads, but the heat sinks are nicely polished. Mine were assembled from the factory.  If you get the chance and can take the down time, I would definitely check, it might save some asics on your rigs.
Adrian-x
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2014, 04:13:39 AM

Tonight I went through and checked all screws for the heat sinks on my two tubes.  I must of found 1/10 loose.  They also didn't come with thermal pads, but the heat sinks are nicely polished. Mine were assembled from the factory.  If you get the chance and can take the down time, I would definitely check, it might save some asics on your rigs.
Not a bad idea, I've noticed the boards deflecting around the screws so was concerned if too tight it may effects the solder on the chips.

Also I put some rubber feet on my units takes up vibration nicely so less concern with screw vibrating loose.

Thank me in Bits 12MwnzxtprG2mHm3rKdgi7NmJKCypsMMQw
junglecat

Activity: 33

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:00:39 AM

Looks like you have old firmware, type in:  192.168.1.223:8000/Flashmega to update it.  Current version is 1.41 or 1.53

Everything is good on my setup, I'm always scared to upgrade, what exactly has been improved going from 1.41 or 1.53.

Any efficiency or notable performance improvements?

I upgraded from 1.41 -> 1.53 and put the setting on smart (1)... A notbale loss off GH/S @300MHz. Did around 915GH/S before and after those changes went down to only 800GH/s @ 300MHz...

Can the firmware be rolled back and how?

Take it off smart mode and it will use the 1.41 firmware.

Smart mode dropped me down to about 92% from a constant ~105% @ 300 Mhz. Using the 1.41 firmware I can no longer use 300 Mhz or it will result in 100% hardware errors on at least one board however 290 Mhz now yields ~116% efficiency so less electricity and more GH/s. Cool

Stats:
Real performance:3111.11GHs, Expected performance:2672.64GHs, Utility:43461.37 Miner:116.41%

This is constant across all 32 of my boards running in a 50F-80F environment. Hope it helps.
junglecat

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:28:40 AM

Working the tube miner hard at 300MHz results are great, ambient at 16 and 1250w power and the powerdraw from the wall is 1000 W

Chip temps measured at 45C

How are you measuring temps?

I am measuring with a laser temperature meter, errormargin of +/- 0,05C.

Now do I dear go for 310 MHz? Can the power regulators, capacitors etc. take it?

Be careful these boards will burn up. Less then a month in and I have had 2 smoke caps (@ 270), hoping to here from CS on another RMA once the holiday is over. Contacted last week, nothing but crickets since...

I've run them in 85 to 101 F for months and not a single problem with any of my 32 boards @ 300 Mhz. They operate well over 100% but I have over 7000 CFM of air moving across them using an "open air room" design. Smiley

junglecat

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:49:50 AM

Check your cooling and power.  These tubes are VERY sensitive to this. in my opinion one fan is insufficient. Also try 260Mhz.  Can actually be faster that 270 if you have iffy

chips.

These tubes need a solid 225-250w of clean power per board to be trouble free.

You need 20% overhead per board or they will try to draw what isn't there and end up in a bad state. A 1200 watt power supply is barely enough but a good one (Thermaltake Gold 80+) works just dandy. Alternatively 2x of the Thermaltake 750 Bronze Smart paired up gives you more power per board at less cost and works great also.

Please see my other posts on how my 32 boards run over 100% @ 300 Mhz continuously despite ambient air temperature upwards of 40C.  Cool

http://s14.postimg.org/mku0rcizl/Screen_Shot_2014_10_29_at_11_48_30_PM.png
macbook-air

Activity: 324
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 07:09:16 PM

1. The miner can not directly run with f2pool. If you want to mine on f2pool, you need a PC or a raspberry PI
with a mining proxy. The ethernet controller needs to be pointed to the proxy instead of the pool.

2. We now offer the shipping of fully assembled devices. If you need them to be shipped as a whole please specify
in your order. We still prefer separate shipping though, because it will reduce the potential shipping damage significantly.

3. The ethernet controller needs a 12V 1A DC input. You could either use a separate AC/DC for it, or wire one
directly from your PSU for the hashing boards.

4. Shipping to countries outside mainland China is free.

We have patched our servers, this miner should be able to connect to our server directly now. https://www.f2pool.com/

hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:14:32 PM

Does anyone know if there's any way to check unit operating temp? I've replaced the stock fan on my tube with 2 x Corsair high performance fans because of the noise and it has reduced hugely, but they don't seem to be moving as much air through as the stock fan. I obviously don't want to damage anything by overheating, I'm running it @270 for now until I know its not overheating.
bbxx

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

cryptoshark

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2014, 07:48:32 PM

Does anyone know if there's any way to check unit operating temp? I've replaced the stock fan on my tube with 2 x Corsair high performance fans because of the noise and it has reduced hugely, but they don't seem to be moving as much air through as the stock fan. I obviously don't want to damage anything by overheating, I'm running it @270 for now until I know its not overheating.

If some of chips are going off or there is performance drop unit is overheating.
if all is hashing stable probably thoose fans are enough.
you can measure temp by laser pointer also.
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:49:03 PM

Thermal/IR hand held heat sensor
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:50:40 PM

If some of chips are going off or there is performance drop unit is overheating.
if all is hashing stable probably thoose fans are enough.
you can measure temp by laser pointer also.

Thank you all chips working fine and no drop in performance after a few hours so fingers crossed its ok Smiley
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 07:51:21 PM

Thank you I'll add one to my shopping list Smiley
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:45:36 PM

Funny I just bough this one on Amazon after realizing there was such a thing.

Not recommending anything as I have no benchmark but the unit seems solid.

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 11:52:38 PM

Thanks for that I didn't realise they were so inexpensive. I wonder where you point it to get readings?
Adrian-x
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 02:58:39 AM

Thanks for that I didn't realise they were so inexpensive. I wonder where you point it to get readings?

It has a 12 to 1 ratio imagine that as a cone coming from the lens it gets bigger the further you go. There is a laser, that points to the center.

I hold the lens about 15mm away from the chip I'm getting about 65 decC. At the front and 75 at the back can't remember now.

There are cheaper models, an easy justification for my latest project.

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 08:02:56 AM

It has a 12 to 1 ratio imagine that as a cone coming from the lens it gets bigger the further you go. There is a laser, that points to the center.

I hold the lens about 15mm away from the chip I'm getting about 65 decC. At the front and 75 at the back can't remember now.

There are cheaper models, an easy justification for my latest project.

Ok thanks very much that sounds perfect Smiley
Phasebird

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 12:07:30 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2014, 12:19:48 PM by Phasebird

Update on 2014-12-02:

Compensation scheme for previous buyers&customers:

Due to a lot of problems (factory`s faults + bugs of controllers + delivery damages) ,we have received so far a lot of user feedback, focusing on saying that our miners are in unstable working conditions/cannot start hashing at all,or even got burned.

We apologize here again for all inconvenience we possibly brought to you.

We are solving the problems by changing factories,strengthening the tests,debugging our firmware ..etc ,at the moment,things are going well,our new batch of Prisma are under test and working well so far.

The compensation scheme for all previous benefit-lost-buyers caused by quality problems of our Prisma miners is the following:

1. All problem products such as hashing boards,controllers, fans, data wires are changable. Please mail them to this address:

ADD:UNIT 10-11,20/F.,RICKY CENTRE,36 CHONG YIP STREET,KWUN TONG,KOWLOON,HONG KONG.
TEL:00852-35688889
Contacts:MISS  LI

(We will surely cover the shipping fees but please help disassembling the heat sinks, which is the most heavy and expensive part for shipping,and keep them with you.)

2. A sum of compensation fee will be given to all broken miners buyers. Calculation method follows: (Theoretical daily income with your broken boards of Prisma`s hashrate - actual daily income with real hashrate) * Number of days between the date you received your old Prismas to the date you will have received replaced boards again. Each prisma board is calculated as 287W and 350GH/s. The electricity fee is calculated as 0.1$/KWH.

BTW:We will account your compensation fee with a calculater such as this one: http://www.iasicminer.com/index.php/action-channel-name-counteren

We will check the real hashrate of your broken Prisma boards shipped back.

We can only do it after you receiving your new boards because we can not know your receiving day in advance.

You can get your compensation fee by email us to sale@bitquan.com with the following information and format:

* Personal info,shipping address,tel number
* Date of buying our Prisma
* Your previous individual/exclusive btc payment address
* Number of broken Prsima boards (have to be fit well with the number you shipped back)
* Date you received your miners,date of shipping back
* The picture of the shipping label with the shipping price on it
* Your btc receivable address (it will be best to be the one you paid to us before)

If you bought from resellers, please do this with them directly.
If you were our big buyers (100+ sets order) or resellers,and your broken boards are more than 20 boards per 400 boards,please contact us through email directly.‍
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8179

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:10:12 PM

^Thank you Asicminer!^
Totally awesome
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:16:58 PM

^Thank you Asicminer!^
Totally awesome

yup, thats good. Smiley
whonesta

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:48:08 PM

Update on 2014-12-02:

Compensation scheme for previous buyers&customers:

Due to a lot of problems (factory`s faults + bugs of controllers + delivery damages) ,we have received so far a lot of user feedback, focusing on saying that our miners are in unstable working conditions/cannot start hashing at all,or even got burned.

We apologize here again for all inconvenience we possibly brought to you.

We are solving the problems by changing factories,strengthening the tests,debugging our firmware ..etc ,at the moment,things are going well,our new batch of Prisma are under test and working well so far.

The compensation scheme for all previous benefit-lost-buyers caused by quality problems of our Prisma miners is the following:

1. All problem products such as hashing boards,controllers, fans, data wires are changable. Please mail them to this address:

ADD:UNIT 10-11,20/F.,RICKY CENTRE,36 CHONG YIP STREET,KWUN TONG,KOWLOON,HONG KONG.
TEL:00852-35688889
Contacts:MISS  LI

(We will surely cover the shipping fees but please help disassembling the heat sinks, which is the most heavy and expensive part for shipping,and keep them with you.)

2. A sum of compensation fee will be given to all broken miners buyers. Calculation method follows: (Theoretical daily income with your broken boards of Prisma`s hashrate - actual daily income with real hashrate) * Number of days between the date you received your old Prismas to the date you will have received replaced boards again. Each prisma board is calculated as 287W and 350GH/s. The electricity fee is calculated as 0.1$/KWH.

BTW:We will account your compensation fee with a calculater such as this one: http://www.iasicminer.com/index.php/action-channel-name-counteren

We will check the real hashrate of your broken Prisma boards shipped back.

We can only do it after you receiving your new boards because we can not know your receiving day in advance.

You can get your compensation fee by email us to sale@bitquan.com with the following information and format:

* Personal info,shipping address,tel number
* Date of buying our Prisma
* Your previous individual/exclusive btc payment address
* Number of broken Prsima boards (have to be fit well with the number you shipped back)
* Date you received your miners,date of shipping back
* The picture of the shipping label with the shipping price on it
* Your btc receivable address (it will be best to be the one you paid to us before)

If you bought from resellers, please do this with them directly.
If you were our big buyers (100+ sets order) or resellers,and your broken boards are more than 20 boards per 400 boards,please contact us through email directly.‍

I assume they mean TUBES?? what is the comp. for TUBES?

This is less then optimal, but something is better than 800GH/s of useless hardware.
whonesta

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 05:54:42 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2014, 07:04:34 PM by whonesta

^^
responses by shills not needed, you guys make me sick, scum-bags!!! Yes you Homer & hdpuck, this is anything but awesome this is the LEAST they could do to save their sinking ship full of garbage parts. I will save my judgement on how awesome it is until AFTER my comp is calculated.

Label created, email sent, update once I get response/compensation/return of boards.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: