Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:25:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner Tube Group Buy #2  (Read 37861 times)
sjc1490

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:23:06 PM

friedcat updated his post to include info on how to use bfgminer as a proxy then connect to any pool of your choice.
I have some spare Pis on hand.  anyone who wishes to add a Pi to their order, let me know.

link please?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735728.msg8549984#msg8549984

In the post after that I posted a solution ckolivas worked up for me using his own proxy software, which runs linux native. I haven't fully tested its limitations yet, and I haven't tested BFG proxy at all, but once I get the rest of these tubes assembled I'll do some more work on both options and post results.

Did they come with the thermal pads, if not what did your use?

BTC ADDRESS: 12Qwd8VKLQ4xF44ytHXBpCAKuF9VknG4X2

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:24:29 PM

Shipment arrived.  Thank you Canary.
At some point there was talk of a thermal pad for these.  Can I assume past or pad is not needed?

Nevermind.  Found three in one box.  So I am guessing still required.
sjc1490

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:26:04 PM

At some point there was talk of a thermal pad for these.  Can I assume past or pad is not needed?

Thanks.

CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:12:51 PM

thermal pads are absolutely required.

for single tube, there are 4 pads.  1 sheet of 3 (pre-cut, you can use scissors to separate) and a single one.
hayseed

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:18:46 PM

It came in 119 boxes with no instructions, if that says anything.

Seems these are quite the disaster so far...not too impressed (with AM not Canary).

I predicted diaster! AM did fine on the usb sticks, semi on the blades, fell down on the cubes, now its DIY but go find missing parts else where.

Again, I'm not faulting canary, just FC/AM
the only disaster is that ASICMiner's reshipper AND HK DHL station chocked.  they got swamped with boxes from fc and caused some serious delays.
the other part, it being a DIY kit, is not a disaster because it's a DIY kit.  this is just an opinion and all the chatter about it is noise.  some people care, some don't.  but everyone cares about shipping disasters.  it takes 15-20 mins to put it together but requires some tools, digits dexterity and patience.

DIY dosnt bother me, built my own 3d printer from plans not a kit.  But AM half baked equipment does. So now it won't mine without someone else's software helping out
due to their bad firmware and it is using more power than they said. This is what I'm talking about.
hayseed

Activity: 240

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:36:33 PM

I would have loved for this thing to come in at 850ghs, solid, at good power ratings.
and easy to mine on pools at that price.

Like the ant miner S1, I have serval that are rock solid. One ran for 60+ days and only restarted due to power failure. (out for hours, drained the UPS)  
they do Suck power though. (will pencil mod shortly).  but they are self contained with nicely done firmware that worked from the get go.

Pulled it out of the box, didn't have to take it apart for loose screws or misaligned boards. or restart it every few days.

The S3 is quickly closing in on buy 2 to get same performance, better power specs.
Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:44:54 PM

A little over an hour to assemble the first one.  The next one will be quicker.  Got it up and running the first try, which is amazing for me.
Changed the Controller IP to 192.168.1.254 by using my laptop.  Did not mess with the router.
Used Ghash.io so I have not messed with bfgminer yet.
Running about 840 Gh on the GUI and but 790 Gh on Ghash.  All at stock 270 Mh.  Will try to overclock, but not until I get it to the data center.
Happy overall though I would like to get the pool speed up.

firejuan

Activity: 256

Because it's sterile...

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2014, 01:41:38 AM

Canary, thanks for another great GB.  Sorry that you had some issues that were out of your control, but you busted your ass to make sure everything was smooth on your end of the transaction.

sjc1490

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 02:29:51 AM

Canary, thanks for another great GB.  Sorry that you had some issues that were out of your control, but you busted your ass to make sure everything was smooth on your end of the transaction.

Well said. +1
btw mine show delivery for tomorrow.

sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:42:13 AM

Folks whose Tubes are hosted with me, I'll be setting them up tomorrow. I got them all assembled - it took longer than I'd figured but a lot of the distractions were related to working out pool incompatibility issues. First thing in the morning I'll be finishing up the power wiring and meter installs, then firing up miners in the order that orders were placed with me. Since it's near the end of the month I'll combine the shipping, setup fees and August hosting into a single invoice on the 1st.

Anyone that I haven't gotten pool info from yet needs to get me that. I should be able to direct them at any pool without issue by tomorrow.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8008

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 01:42:30 PM

Folks whose Tubes are hosted with me, I'll be setting them up tomorrow. I got them all assembled - it took longer than I'd figured but a lot of the distractions were related to working out pool incompatibility issues. First thing in the morning I'll be finishing up the power wiring and meter installs, then firing up miners in the order that orders were placed with me. Since it's near the end of the month I'll combine the shipping, setup fees and August hosting into a single invoice on the 1st.

Anyone that I haven't gotten pool info from yet needs to get me that. I should be able to direct them at any pool without issue by tomorrow.

I thought it was awesome that you drove there to pick up the miners and did a test assembly with Canary - I had no idea the assembly would be so time consuming.  Then I read through the various forums how you worked through all the connectivity issues on top of that - even colluding with ckolivas about the extra nonce issue.  We could not have picked a more perfect person to host the miners.  You rock.  I'm changing my sig for the day in your honour.

wpgdeez

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:04:04 PM

I thought it was awesome that you drove there to pick up the miners and did a test assembly with Canary - I had no idea the assembly would be so time consuming.  Then I read through the various forums how you worked through all the connectivity issues on top of that - even colluding with ckolivas about the extra nonce issue.  We could not have picked a more perfect person to host the miners.  You rock.  I'm changing my sig for the day in your honour.

You forgot to mention how Sidehack is still honoring his hosting deal even though the device's consume 10% more power than advertised. Good job Sidehack!  Grin
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:27:02 PM

Well, it is paid per KW not per device, so the only real changes on my end are worrying how much of the buffer is being eaten up on my power allocation. I'm gonna have to take out and move all of my own hardware to free up the difference.

As for picking up and everything, can you imagine how bad it'd be if I waited to get everything shipped? People wouldn't be mining until probably Saturday instead of all the machines going up today. And being able to work with other pools besides ghash.io, aside from being a no-brainer basic operating requirement, is also a specific requirement for my hosting facility since I can (and would like to) block ghash.io because they really don't need any more business. I'm seeing to it the pool compatibility issue is solved not just for my own needs, but for the good of the community (and the network) as a whole. Decentralization is not always the easiest path, but it is the essential path.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:38:14 PM

Well, it is paid per KW not per device, so the only real changes on my end are worrying how much of the buffer is being eaten up on my power allocation. I'm gonna have to take out and move all of my own hardware to free up the difference.

As for picking up and everything, can you imagine how bad it'd be if I waited to get everything shipped? People wouldn't be mining until probably Saturday instead of all the machines going up today. And being able to work with other pools besides ghash.io, aside from being a no-brainer basic operating requirement, is also a specific requirement for my hosting facility since I can (and would like to) block ghash.io because they really don't need any more business. I'm seeing to it the pool compatibility issue is solved not just for my own needs, but for the good of the community (and the network) as a whole. Decentralization is not always the easiest path, but it is the essential path.

And this is why the community needs more people like you. If I could give you a high five right now, I would.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:39:04 PM

And this is why the community needs more people like you. If I could give you a high five right now, I would.
you can always leave him Trust feedback Smiley
daddyfatsax

Activity: 857
Merit: 1000

Anger is a gift.

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:44:06 PM

Already have. You and I are his trusted feedback.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8008

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 03:44:17 PM

An excellent idea!  We should also do the same for you!!
 Thanks Wink
helipotte

Activity: 650

Pick and place? I need more coffee.

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:06:51 PM

I have one tube up and running butt I am having a strange issue.  Just want to get any opinions on it.  Seems the controller becomes unresponsive

and I have to power cycle it almost every time there is a block found on the BTC network.  When this happens, The LED to the furthest left is the

only one illuminated.  This is the one closest to the uart connectors.  I am using BFGminer  4.7.0 as a proxy  as Friedcat suggested to mine to Eligius

Also, the BFGmine windows indicates "error from bufferevent" when this occurs. Whatever that means. Huh

Thanks to everyone in advance for thoughts/fixes.
CanaryInTheMine (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:12:22 PM

I have one tube up and running butt I am having a strange issue.  Just want to get any opinions on it.  Seems the controller becomes unresponsive

and I have to power cycle it almost every time there is a block found on the BTC network.  When this happens, The LED to the furthest left is the

only one illuminated.  This is the one closest to the uart connectors.  I am using BFGminer  4.7.0 as a proxy  as Friedcat suggested to mine to Eligius

Also, the BFGmine windows indicates "error from bufferevent" when this occurs. Whatever that means. Huh

Thanks to everyone in advance for thoughts/fixes.
Sounds like Luke-Jr might have to help...
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:20:24 PM

Did you do the firmware update?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: