Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:52:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deepbit needs to be dismantled immediately.  (Read 5041 times)
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 10:33:55 PM

Since my last post in this thread was deleted, here's a new one.

Shut up, Atlas.

Shut up, Atlas.

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 02:08:15 AM

Yeah, Whatever.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 04:37:47 AM

I think the BIP16/17 debate showed just how powerless Deepbit as a pool and Tycho as the operator really are. The biggest mining pool has to deal with the fact that if enough other pools leave that the bigger pools take over 50% of the network, thus running the risk of forking the blockchain, so they are essentially FORCED to follow the decisions of the other pools.

Slush and BTCGuild had more power than Tycho because they make quick decisions to support BIP16.

If anything, the only thing that was kind of astounding about the whole ordeal was that Gavin actually implored that Tycho make a decision in his forum signature. That should really be regarded as a big WTF. I realize that Gavin didn't mean ill at the time, but we can't have developers persuading pool operators into taking particular actions and still make the case that Bitcoin is any better than the US Federal Reserve note.

I honestly believe there should be wall of separation between developer and mining pool operator, just like there is a wall of separation between church and state. Good intentions or not, it removes any democratic debate to collude. My big concern going forward is that we'll see more cooperation between miner and developer. (That said, my decision to stop mining at Eligius was for similar distrust of luke-jr's actions)
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 10:47:15 AM

I don't care what the means are. They have the direct ability and financial incentive to influence the dev team to their whims -- and vice-versa. The 30%+ hash rate is a dangerous majority and needs to be lowered to less than 10%.

I WILL NOT REST UNTIL DEEPBIT IS A SUBJECT TO THE WHIMS OF ALL BITCOIN SHAREHOLDERS.

Bitcoin shareholders, your assets are in the hands of this monstrosity. Do you want that to change?

Join me. Join the cause of getting all miners on P2Pool and away from these power-wielding parents we call pools.

Having the illusive man as a user icon put your comment in a rather negative light  Grin
Prattler

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 12:54:10 PM

Could someone make a simple script or something to DDoS deepbit? I'd happily donate some CPU and bandwidth to such noble cause.
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 01:16:07 PM

Could someone make a simple script or something to DDoS deepbit? I'd happily donate some CPU and bandwidth to such noble cause.

1-That's easy, there are scripts to do that all over the internet.
2-Go fuck yourself, deepbit are successful, deal with it  Roll Eyes
m3ta

Activity: 435

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2012, 05:24:12 PM

lol! You need to tell that to the Russians and Chinese. They are the ones on this pool, because it's the only big pool that is in their language.

Translate p2pool first in a appropriate language, and try again. And no, english-only is not a appropriate language, you're excluding 75% of the Internet population.

So, you're saying that 100% of Russians and Chinese can not read English.

Really... GTFO, DIAF (insert more if needed, you get the idea). Wake up.

Why the frell so many retards spell "ect" as an abbreviation of "Et Cetera"? "ETC", DAMMIT! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Et_cetera

Host:/# rm -rf /var/forum/trolls
TurdHurdur

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 24, 2012, 05:27:07 PM

Go pay Tycho to dismantle it.
vmarchuk

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 05:37:52 PM

lol! You need to tell that to the Russians and Chinese. They are the ones on this pool, because it's the only big pool that is in their language.

ти є цiлкoм дypний.
grndzero

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 08:58:46 AM

I don't care what the means are. They have the direct ability and financial incentive to influence the dev team to their whims -- and vice-versa. The 30%+ hash rate is a dangerous majority and needs to be lowered to less than 10%.

The ignorance just makes me want to move all my miners to Deepbit.

It seems that soon we are going to need a Occupy Bitcoin sub-forum and a Tea-Bagger forum to accompany it

Ubuntu Desktop x64 -  HD5850 Reference - 400Mh/s w/ cgminer  @ 975C/325M/1.175V - 11.6/2.1 SDK
Donate if you find this helpful: 1NimouHg2acbXNfMt5waJ7ohKs2TtYHePy
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 09:04:46 AM

Either Atlas revels in his ignorance or makes issues up so that people will tell him off. He's a masochist with delusions of grandeur.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 09:13:59 AM

There are a lot of pools out there, and miners still go to Deepbit, let the Invisible Hand decides.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 01, 2012, 10:33:27 AM

There are a lot of pools out there, and miners still go to Deepbit, let the Invisible Hand decides.
Invisible Hand doesn't work very efficiently without all parties being informed ("creative destruction" isn't necessary if parties pulled their money out prior to the "destruction" -- that's a concept only logical when a company's already insolvent and unprofitable). Threads like this are necessary. (not that I agree with Atlas, though I like the concept of p2pool)
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 01:02:01 AM

do you have a better argument than just reciting the free market slogan?

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Dutch Merganser

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 01:51:34 AM

I WILL NOT REST UNTIL DEEPBIT IS A SUBJECT TO THE WHIMS OF ALL BITCOIN SHAREHOLDERS.

Bitcoin shareholders, your assets are in the hands of this monstrosity. Do you want that to change?

Join me. Join the cause of getting all miners on P2Pool and away from these power-wielding parents we call pools.
Join you? Join you to the tail of a human centipede. You're a natural, you love eating other people's shit on this forum, you can't even help yourself enough to stay away from it. Atlas says, "Yum!".

You are a guaranteed ridiculous fool every time you click on post here, that's your lot as a shit eater, it's very clear you don't come here for any other reason.

So, who fucked you up in the head so badly that you must come here to show it off? You really should seek professional help with this.

"Science flies you to the Moon, religion flies you into buildings."
 - Victor Stenger

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and the rulers as useful."
 - Seneca the Elder (ca. 54 BCE - ca. 39 CE) Roman rhetorician
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
April 18, 2012, 03:30:20 PM

what's a mystery miner?
..kinda like a bitcoin miner, but their currency is mystery and the hashing algorithm is optimized for Apple IIe and Commodore 64 (although I am hoping for Vic20 compatibility soon).

Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2012, 03:48:54 PM

Mystery Miner is at large, but Atlas is worried about Deepbit...

what's a mystery miner?
someone that was mining ~15% of the blocks before bip16. and didn't include transactions in their blocks, several threads on that topic around the forum :/
their identity is a "mystery"..

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 03:46:16 PM

I think everyone heres missing the point.
Atlas, Shut up.

Deepbit was at 46% at one point, Having it around 30%? Nothing wrong with that.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
beaups

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2012, 02:05:31 AM

Please go look up the definition of majority.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: