Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:03:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Banning gay men from giving blood is stupid  (Read 2634 times)
jakedeez (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:20:07 PM

I mean, come on, "Are a man who has had sex with another man since 1977, even once"

Really?  I mean, I know my blood is clean.  As opposed to every straight friend I have, I get my blood tested for disease, every few months.  As does my magnanimous partner. 

iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:22:00 PM

what the fuck are you talking about?

shouldn't this be at politcs&society if it actually makes any sense?

Looking for a signature campaign.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:23:34 PM

I shared a needle once disqualifying me.  I don't see why gays deserve any more rights than i do

i am here.
jakedeez (OP)

Activity: 512

ICO is evil

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:27:14 PM

You're probably correct - my bad, someone move it.  I just figured it was off topic of bitcoin.

I shared a needle once disqualifying me.  I don't see why gays deserve any more rights than i do

Really?  You don't see a difference?  I mean, the point here is if you are getting your blood tested for diseases and you are clean, it's dumb to disqualify.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:35:32 PM

You're probably correct - my bad, someone move it.  I just figured it was off topic of bitcoin.

I shared a needle once disqualifying me.  I don't see why gays deserve any more rights than i do

Really?  You don't see a difference?  I mean, the point here is if you are getting your blood tested for diseases and you are clean, it's dumb to disqualify.

I'm disease free, already checked.  But the fact I used them is an important red flag in finding people too stupid to check.  I know it's stupid, but when I'm sick one day, I want my blood coming from the cleanest sources possible.

i am here.
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:46:07 PM

wait,wait,wait

gay people can't give blood  Huh

btw, you can move it yourself

bottem left corner, move topic

Looking for a signature campaign.
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:57:39 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 08:23:48 PM by kuroman

I mean, come on, "Are a man who has had sex with another man since 1977, even once"

Really?  I mean, I know my blood is clean.  As opposed to every straight friend I have, I get my blood tested for disease, every few months.  As does my magnanimous partner.  

Actually, the ban is not at all, stupid as the risk of STDs especially Aids is much higher in gay community, you also have to note that the blood test are not 100% http://std.about.com/od/herpes/f/herpesaccurate.htm the accuracy range from 92% to 99% depending on the test, and that is huge if you consider the numbers we are talking about in blood donations and risk % blood donation from gay community can be a concern
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:05:09 PM

Really?  I mean, I know my blood is clean.  As opposed to every straight friend I have, I get my blood tested for disease, every few months.  As does my magnanimous partner. 

Actually, the ban is not at all, stupid as the risk of STDs especially Aids is much higher in gay community, you also to not that the blood test are not 100% http://std.about.com/od/herpes/f/herpesaccurate.htm the accuracy range from 92% to 99% depending on the test, and that is huge if you consider the numbers we are talking about in blood donations and risk % blood donation from gay community can be a concern
I think he has a point.. it's not about sexual preference but health. Where are you from? The post was rather short

Lizard_Destroyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:08:19 PM

I think banning gay men from giving blood is completely stupid.
HIV doesn't even cause AIDS, it's a lifestyle disease. (ie, doing things to wear down your immune system).
Check out the work of Professor Peter Duesberg. He was interviewed on the Joe Rogan show recently:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1jj0mUYJ_g
& here's his flagship book... Inventing The AIDS Virus:
http://amzn.com/0895263998
It's quite the read at over 700 pages, but the dude knows his stuff. Unfortunately, he has been blackballed by the medical establishment & his funding has been cut.
Profit before people is a sad reality.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 11:40:59 PM

HIV doesn't even cause AIDS, it's a lifestyle disease. (ie, doing things to wear down your immune system).
Check out the work of Professor Peter Duesberg. He was interviewed on the Joe Rogan show recently:
It's quite the read at over 700 pages, but the dude knows his stuff. Unfortunately, he has been blackballed by the medical establishment & his funding has been cut.

If AIDS is a lifestyle disease then why wasn't it killing people left and right in the free sex and drug era of the 60s-70s?

Even the gay community itself called it the "gay cancer" before AIDS was known because it was something new and unheard of.
Lizard_Destroyer

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:31:04 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 12:47:04 AM by Lizard_Destroyer

If AIDS is a lifestyle disease then why wasn't it killing people left and right in the free sex and drug era of the 60s-70s?

Even the gay community itself called it the "gay cancer" before AIDS was known because it was something new and unheard of.

Poppers for one are a HUGE immune suppressant, as well as meth (both big in the gay community).
In the 60's & 70's people were smoking pot, dropping acid, taking shooms... that sort of thing.
Also if you look at the bath-house culture & the number of sexual partners involved in that would have. These folks were getting STD's left & right.
What difference did it make to them if you can clear most of them up with anti-biotics. Anti-biotics are immune suppressants on their own. Imaging taking multiple rounds of anti-biotic treatments.
It's enough to fry your immune system.
Dr. Robert Gallo, under pressure from the US government hypothesized that the retro-virus, HIV, was the cause of AIDS. The US government accepted this whole-heartedly without much research into it.
They were under pressure from many gay rights groups. The hypothesis was accepted as the truth & any other research into the matter was de-funded & blackballed.
At least look into what I'm saying. No-one should blindly accept anything without researching it first.
I would also recommend the documentary film "House of Numbers" & the follow-up "Positively False", they are both on You tube.

House of Numbers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwgmzbnckII

Positively False:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-iccGpFto8

EDIT: Also I forgot to mention that those tested to have the retro-virus, HIV, were given highly toxic chemotherapy drugs (mainly AZT, which was rejected for use in cancer treatment because of how toxic it was) & now they are given anti-retro-viral drugs, while not as deadly as AZT... are still an immune suppressant.
valvalis

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:58:18 AM

Yeah most of gay get more right than a normal people. And most of people more feel disgusting to black people than gay. They are laugh at black people but, defend the gay with human rights.

█▌▐█
▄██████▄▄
  ▀████████▄
     ▀███████
       ▀██████
         ▀█████
           ████
         ▄█████
       ▄█████
     ▄███████
  ▄████████▀
▀██████▀▀
  █▌▐█
..DeFiXy.......████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
███   ██████████████   ███████   █████████   ██   █████   ██████████████████   ████
.$0.50.
███████   ██   █████████   ██   ███████████   ███████████   ███████████   █████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
.......JOIN NOW..
Lizard_Destroyer

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:08:45 AM

Yeah most of gay get more right than a normal people. And most of people more feel disgusting to black people than gay. They are laugh at black people but, defend the gay with human rights.

I have no dog in this race. I guess I'm bisexual, but I only date transwomen. In my opinion, both the gay & black rights movements have gotten out of control. It's fucked up to put a label on every damn thing, as all it does is divide people. Personally, I like the fact that we are all human & that's good enough. The human race is unlikely to survive, when it's constantly fighting itself.
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:24:33 AM

There are probably certain health concern which make them higher risk than an average person.

Should not turn valid issues into a political debacle.

Lizard_Destroyer

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:32:30 AM

There are probably certain health concern which make them higher risk than an average person.

Should not turn valid issues into a political debacle.

I'm more concerned about people like my roommate that live on fast food & GMO's giving blood... I wouldn't want that garbage in my system.

The debate was political from the start.
Markos

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:03:22 AM

In my opinion, both the gay & black rights movements have gotten out of control. It's fucked up to put a label on every damn thing, as all it does is divide people. Personally, I like the fact that we are all human & that's good enough. The human race is unlikely to survive, when it's constantly fighting itself.

In some regions, like Eastern Europe or Middle East a large part of society don't understand it. Cultural and religious factors are responsible for homophobia, transphobia, etc. In Islamic countries, the situation is probably the worst. Western problems are funny compared to them.
Lizard_Destroyer

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:09:05 AM

In my opinion, both the gay & black rights movements have gotten out of control. It's fucked up to put a label on every damn thing, as all it does is divide people. Personally, I like the fact that we are all human & that's good enough. The human race is unlikely to survive, when it's constantly fighting itself.

In some regions, like Eastern Europe or Middle East a large part of society don't understand it. Cultural and religious factors are responsible for homophobia, transphobia, etc. In Islamic countries, the situation is probably the worst. Western problems are funny compared to them.

Yea, gay sex will get you the death sentence in many African & Muslim fundamentalist countries.
Nigeria is a good example.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:11:10 AM

This is such a sensationalist thread and we've got far bigger issues in society to be concerned about imo. Undecided
Lizard_Destroyer

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:13:40 AM

This is such a sensationalist thread and we've got far bigger issues in society to be concerned about imo. Undecided

The possibility of airborne Ebola does take precedence over this, I agree.

http://www.the-scientist.com/?articles.view/articleNo/33277/title/Ebola-from-Pigs-to-Monkeys/
zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 02:19:09 AM

Woah I was not even aware this was a thing still. That's disgusting. As long as they are tested there should be no issues.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: