Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Balance of Multiple Bitcoin Addresses ( Non py, Non Linux )  (Read 24849 times)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 07:34:54 PM

not want to work with you, not even in the very unlikely case that you are indeed looking for an employee and need this for your very good running bussiness

Why are you so angry?  Grin
It has bad manners, but the main problem not in it
He does not know math  Undecided

I am not angry, just a little sad.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:06:03 PM

too bad there isn't a search function on the directory.io database, would be nice to check any addresses against it, if they really did get 1 percent of all addresses, it will be just a matter of time until someone put a shit ton of coins in one of them. but then, maybe its a good idea not to have a search function, lol...
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:10:07 PM

Do you want me to make this for you? Sounds pretty easy using blockchain.info's API. If someone could offer me free hosting I'd be able to work on this tonight.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:13:42 PM

too bad there isn't a search function on the directory.io database, would be nice to check any addresses against it, if they really did get 1 percent of all addresses, it will be just a matter of time until someone put a shit ton of coins in one of them. but then, maybe its a good idea not to have a search function, lol...

They don't have 1% of the addresses, they have ALL the addresses.  It is impossible to put a search function on it, they generate the addresses on the fly with a program, they don't actually store them all in a database.  Therefore, there is nothing to search.
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:14:36 PM

Nevermind, just noticed the java version of this someone made. I'm uselesssss
amaclin
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1019

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:27:21 PM

too bad there isn't a search function on the directory.io database

OK, not a problem. Look at http://chbs.esy.es
It has search function, but a database is slightly smaller than d.io  Grin
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:32:05 PM

just randomly picked one and it had 15 cents worth of btc in it... i left it alone... but wow, this could be dangerous with someone with a lot of time on their hands, lol...on the directory.io site..
Redawn

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 09:37:08 AM

I read this thread a day or two ago and though, well this should be easily done in ruby... and then I read it completly.

I spend a few hours and made a tiny java programm [1] that does what I think you want.

You simple have to paste all the addresses in a file named in.txt (seperated by line breaks, see the in.txt that I put there for testing), run it with
Code:
java -jar chkblnc.jar

and watch it work. When done it will make you a file named out.txt (be carefull any existing file in the same directory with that name will be overwritten).

Which looks like this:

Code:
---------- BTC address ----------| : Balance in BTC (Satoshi)
186Aow5EgRz6WNroi2Eky8c94eZvxpWAEd : 0.22698467 (22698467)
19QkbYPu81MHkSdBxKXUm39nyH14z27gf6 : 0.181 (18100000)
19wLQ9PbptbrhXywyJ1FmmwckmH8x367Ez : 9.00230376 (900230376)
1MF48CPkGmnCXp54ztp9gTRCscpHzGvEC4 : 0.0 (0)
1Q147jbV8RFrBiW9JfNgZGNUtGoYnxsGED : 0.0 (0)
1LD6GEDrStmKYUjVnDwqySDqU6BUCo7Boc : 0.0 (0)
1FFvzKr4tHBb5tm7uLKwfUdRpQt4SiyCip : 0.0 (0)
1B4WYJA97wEZcC1faQaoE8zefyDwNmYdR3 : 0.0 (0)

I used the blockchain.info API [2] to get the balance, so it will need internet access. The connection will not be encrypted.
It is quick and dirty and will not catch any exceptions, if anything goes wrong (e.g. no internet, file not found) it will just terminate.
Please do not blindly trust me and read the code! Even with limited copy pasta knowledge of java you should be able to understand what it does.

I know these are a lot but, but [3] I hope it will help you.

[1] includes source, readme and example files https://mega.co.nz/#!ckQ1gSSY!gsqAlZojlt-ACxZB7179g95zgWrhKAxwMMalPG_7Jlo
[2] https://blockchain.info/q
[3] aaand another one Wink

Hi, I've just checked this nice tool. But it does not work. Can you help me?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 09:40:01 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 10:32:25 AM by shorena

Maybe. Whats wrong?

Looks like bc.i does not return any data for some reason. Not sure why. They limit the number of requests for 1 every 10 seconds, but this should not block the 1st response. I honestly dont want to bother with bc.i further.

You could use blocktrail [1] instead, but they require an API key and limit to 2 requests per second (burst) so youd have to include wait states.

[1] https://www.blocktrail.com/api/docs/jquery#api_address

Redawn

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 11:11:28 AM

Maybe. Whats wrong?

Looks like bc.i does not return any data for some reason. Not sure why. They limit the number of requests for 1 every 10 seconds, but this should not block the 1st response. I honestly dont want to bother with bc.i further.

You could use blocktrail [1] instead, but they require an API key and limit to 2 requests per second (burst) so youd have to include wait states.

[1] https://www.blocktrail.com/api/docs/jquery#api_address

Thanks bro..can you help me with this blocktrail. Can you post a simple example of 2 btc adresses.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2014, 11:20:32 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2014, 01:56:46 PM by shorena

-snip-

Thanks bro..can you help me with this blocktrail. Can you post a simple example of 2 btc adresses.

Not as a finished tool, no. I dont have an API key and youd need your own anyway. They have examples with the docs for several languages and even provide libraries for python, PHP and NodeJS.

----

Edit:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# run as ./chkblnc_curl in.txt
# one address per line in file

api_key=getYOURown

echo "..........................ADDRESS. - .BALANCE....."

while read line
do
    address=$line
    data="$(curl "https://api.blocktrail.com/v1/btc/address/$address?api_key=$api_key" -s | grep -o \"balance\":[0-9]* | grep -o [0-9]*)"
    echo "$address - $data Satoshi"
done < $1

Redawn

View Profile
December 30, 2014, 02:53:18 PM

-snip-

Not as a finished tool, no. I dont have an API key and youd need your own anyway. They have examples with the docs for several languages and even provide libraries for python, PHP and NodeJS.

----

Edit:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# run as ./chkblnc_curl in.txt
# one address per line in file

api_key=getYOURown

echo "..........................ADDRESS. - .BALANCE....."

while read line
do
    address=$line
    data="$(curl "https://api.blocktrail.com/v1/btc/address/$address?api_key=$api_key" -s | grep -o \"balance\":[0-9]* | grep -o [0-9]*)"
    echo "$address - $data Satoshi"
done < $1

This is exactly what I need!  We need more people like you. Thanks for your time! I will finish it.
bitcreditscc

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 31, 2014, 08:37:47 PM

Ok, after a week and a half of searching it is CLEAR that there is no easy solution to this problem.
The goal or problem is checking the balance of a ton of addresses without having to import them with keys without having to run a linux machine, without having to run anything in python, just plain and simple copy a list of addresses......
1EMXdJrLUhyh5ycijPzmJKWGStQ915VGSJ
1EmXdS1QPA7wmJqH7WtfwaV6rM88LC9t6F
etc....
etc....
etc.....
to make such a software for the community to use.
What community is this useful for? Other people I've seen asking for this are trying to crack brainwallets (ineptly).

not to support this guys ideas but i think that if we take his intentions out of the equation, it's a good question and may come in handy for other people if it gets an answer.

I actually bumped into a pull request on the 0.9 branch https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/pull/3652/files which goes a long way into giving slightly more advanced users a function they've been asking for.

btc_enigma

Activity: 688
Merit: 567

View Profile
January 26, 2015, 12:24:16 PM

Try  https://www.blockonomics.co ,  you can easily check balance , tag/label your addresses and also get email notifications on transactions.
Its dead simple to use

willtopping

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2015, 11:28:36 AM

I read this thread a day or two ago and though, well this should be easily done in ruby... and then I read it completly.

I spend a few hours and made a tiny java programm [1] that does what I think you want.

You simple have to paste all the addresses in a file named in.txt (seperated by line breaks, see the in.txt that I put there for testing), run it with
Code:
java -jar chkblnc.jar

and watch it work. When done it will make you a file named out.txt (be carefull any existing file in the same directory with that name will be overwritten).

Which looks like this:

Code:
---------- BTC address ----------| : Balance in BTC (Satoshi)
186Aow5EgRz6WNroi2Eky8c94eZvxpWAEd : 0.22698467 (22698467)
19QkbYPu81MHkSdBxKXUm39nyH14z27gf6 : 0.181 (18100000)
19wLQ9PbptbrhXywyJ1FmmwckmH8x367Ez : 9.00230376 (900230376)
1MF48CPkGmnCXp54ztp9gTRCscpHzGvEC4 : 0.0 (0)
1Q147jbV8RFrBiW9JfNgZGNUtGoYnxsGED : 0.0 (0)
1LD6GEDrStmKYUjVnDwqySDqU6BUCo7Boc : 0.0 (0)
1FFvzKr4tHBb5tm7uLKwfUdRpQt4SiyCip : 0.0 (0)
1B4WYJA97wEZcC1faQaoE8zefyDwNmYdR3 : 0.0 (0)

I used the blockchain.info API [2] to get the balance, so it will need internet access. The connection will not be encrypted.
It is quick and dirty and will not catch any exceptions, if anything goes wrong (e.g. no internet, file not found) it will just terminate.
Please do not blindly trust me and read the code! Even with limited copy pasta knowledge of java you should be able to understand what it does.

I know these are a lot but, but [3] I hope it will help you.

[1] includes source, readme and example files https://mega.co.nz/#!ckQ1gSSY!gsqAlZojlt-ACxZB7179g95zgWrhKAxwMMalPG_7Jlo
[2] https://blockchain.info/q
[3] aaand another one Wink

I too have been looking for this exact same solution, ive downloaded this .jar programme it seems to do something but leaves an ampty out.txt file - any ideas? Ive got internet connection and it does the same thing with the test in.txt file so its not the formatting of the in.txt file.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2015, 07:26:36 PM

-snip-
I too have been looking for this exact same solution, ive downloaded this .jar programme it seems to do something but leaves an ampty out.txt file - any ideas? Ive got internet connection and it does the same thing with the test in.txt file so its not the formatting of the in.txt file.

Bc.i changed their API you can either use the source and change it to your needs or use the curl version I wrote a bit later[1] thats working with the blocktrail.com API.

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736607.msg9982506#msg9982506

willtopping

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 08:21:41 AM

-snip-

Bc.i changed their API you can either use the source and change it to your needs or use the curl version I wrote a bit later[1] thats working with the blocktrail.com API.

Sorry to be really dim but im not sure how I implement the script on windows? I tried putting this in a .bat file but didn't work. Im also unsure which file in the source code I need to amend or how to build/compile it when I have. I'm guessing its the main.java in the src folder? Do I literally have to change the blockchain.info address to an another address?

Happy to send you a donation if you can get this working for me.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2015, 09:04:27 AM

-snip-

Sorry to be really dim but im not sure how I implement the script on windows? I tried putting this in a .bat file but didn't work.

Not sure how to get it to work on windows. You need curl[1] and something similar to grep. You will also need an API key for blocktrail[2]. I remember I got a PM from someone saying they got the curl version running on windows, Ill see if I still have the PM and ask whether they can post their solution here. Nope, sorry no mention of Win.

Im also unsure which file in the source code I need to amend or how to build/compile it when I have.

I made it with eclipse 4.4[3] if you send me changes to the source I can upload a compiled version for you.

I'm guessing its the main.java in the src folder? Do I literally have to change the blockchain.info address to an another address?

Yes, the following line (#81) would have to be replaced by a similar line for another API as long as this other API returns just a number and nothing else. As you can see the curl version needs to filter the returned data.

Code:
URL bc_api = new URL("http://blockchain.info/q/addressbalance/"+check);

[1] http://curl.haxx.se/download.html
[2] https://www.blocktrail.com/api/docs
[3] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse/Installation

pummle

Activity: 109

Bleating sense into the world

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 07:03:05 PM

Ok, after a week and a half of searching it is CLEAR that there is no easy solution to this problem.

The goal or problem is checking the balance of a ton of addresses without having to import them with keys without having to run a linux machine, without having to run anything in python, just plain and simple copy a list of addresses......

1EMXdJrLUhyh5ycijPzmJKWGStQ915VGSJ
1EmXdS1QPA7wmJqH7WtfwaV6rM88LC9t6F
etc....
etc....
etc.....

Then paste them into an input window, click submit or what have you, and have their balances checked say a 100,000 addresses at a time, or a million at a time, or whatever large number.

I have seen this question asked over a few hundred times in my week and a half search and have found 0 answers to it. 0 real answers that a non software developer, non linux running, non python familiar person can take advantage of.

So i ask again, on behalf of myself and the hundreds of other people out there that have been asking the same thing and all ended up with over technical non useful results.

Is there any way to check the balance of a ton of addresses by simply copying and pasting them into an input field.

Things we dont need:

Links to your software that will not run easily on widows or mac without having to install a ton of other stuff
Your explanation on how someone could code this software, Myself, and the others who have asked are obviously not developers
simple one line replies referencing someone else's block parser or other non windows/mac programs with no "how to use this for dummies" help.

you get the point, do a quick google search and you can see for yourself how this has been a discussion hundreds of times with no resolution.

Side note: if you are a able bodied developer, and the solution is as easy as (this) as has been answered many times before, maybe you can spend the few hours people say it would take to make such a software for the community to use.

I at some point found a script to do this in google drive's spreadsheet program.

Add this to a spreadsheet using the script editor:

Code:
// Blockchain.info ###############################################################

function BlockchainBalance(btcAddress){
    // Fetch balance from Blockchain.info API
    // EX: =BlockchainBalance("1Namjies9JeJ4ugCzjkAj6dbaWrtjAFKCk")
    // http://blockchain.info/address/1dice9wVtrKZTBbAZqz1XiTmboYyvpD3t?format=json
    var r = fetchCached("http://blockchain.info/address/" + btcAddress + "?format=json&limit=0")
    if ('undefined' == typeof(r))
        return 'No data!'
    r = Utilities.jsonParse(r)
        return 'Malformed JSON!'
    r = r['final_balance'] / 100000000
        return 0

if (!isNaN(r)){r = r*1}
    return r
    }

Put your first address in cell A1, put the following in another cell (like B1):
=BlockchainBalance(A1)

Put the rest of you addresses in column A, copy the formula down in column B.

Trade bitcoin stocks, funds, and futures with the MPEx broker: CoinBR.com

The best place for bitcoin betting: BitBet.us
Bitcoin_BOy$

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

|| Web developer ||

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 09:03:39 PM

Don't think this way will be helping in anything , are you trying to brute force bitcoin addresses private keys ?  think
you may like to read little about the bitcoin privates keys  Grin , also i already test that with python and php ; genreating
50 to 80 k private keys and check them with php , using the blockchain.info and a sleep for 0.1 sec in each request  Shocked ;
and that really was none value work  Roll Eyes .

My solution to check multiple address is to use blockchain.info and php Smiley don't forget to use sleep function 0.1 sec
in each time it check , u can run a cron job to check 1k every 10 minutes and save result in the database or email
you when the address not 0 fund  Wink .

Good Luck ,
Bitcoin Boy .

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: