Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:32:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum maximum number of coins  (Read 11989 times)
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 12:34:07 AM

Newsflash.  Ethereum has lower inflation than bitcoin years 1.  The same year 2. 

Ethereum just like buttcoin will be a high return for original investors if it sees widespread adoption.  (It will take 4 years to bring equilibrium to miners / initial investors). 

It's IPO was trying to avoid the discouragement of adoption by limiting the pyramid scheme of say ... NXT. 

If it's widely used the initial investors will benefit.  If it is not widely used (like NXT) Then no.  Investors will not benefit.  I agree it is highly likely in the first year it could be cheaper than it was at the sale.

4 years is too much my friend.. i have saw all the sucessfull ipos to go 4x times the original ipo value in days.. this is bitcoin not stock market.. the same people who bought at ipo will pump the coin once it goes live.

I'm not sure I follow?  You say the miners are getting screwed and it's a ponzi scheme by the initial buyers?  I didn't buy eth but I can't figure out how it gets so much hate ...
Slingshot

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:42:30 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 05:06:14 AM by Slingshot

Re: Ethereum maximum number of coins???

You have to be joking?

Ethereum: It reeks of slick, polished, MARKETING Scam.
(Pay them up front, in full, and just maybe, if they feel like it, without any obligations or requirements, they might produce something, but...might not, just depends...).

Can't fix stupid speculating fools that got lucky early on with Bitcoin, or somehow got some bitcoins some how, and then foolishly dump them on one offering after another offering, and then on pure ether (nothing) that doesn't have anything that even exists yet, and certainly wont be a first mover, and can't even produce anything yet, even though a year or so has already passed because hey, obviously their greed driven MARKETING Scheme didn't include the TALENT required to even conjure up anything but ether (nothing) so far.

Can't fix stupid speculating fools.

Dumb Money gonna do what Dumb Money does.

LOSE their money.

And hey, maybe Ethereum really has the best intentions (yea, right...sure it does, or maybe not!).

Do you fools even know who is working their butts off trying to make something worthy and thrust it into the marketplace?

And who is merely offering pipe-dreams to scores of fools?

Yes, I did my own due diligence on Ethereum.

It's got quite a nice, polished, MARKETING PLAN, and NOTHING ELSE worthy of commanding my own hard earned monies.

It simply reeks of scam and unfettered, relentless GREED GONE WILD by the EXACT same type that exists on wall street and in the banks, and that ultimately triggered Satoshi Nakomoto to do what was required to checkmate all of them.

At least Satoshi fully earned his chips in this decentralized revolution.

But these marketing clowns suckered fools into paying up front, IN FULL, before ever producing ANYTHING.

aka a SCAM, or at least a "pre-sale" SCHEME, or your average Hustlers, or worse: FLIM FLAM Artists.

But hey, maybe just like Bill Gates they will find something they can buy out or conjure up to offer the marketplace and at least make it appear as though they "gave it all their best" since it's apparent all these clowns are so far are marketing clowns, and apparently nothing else, or at least they would have knocked out the alpha product to show off.

What's also telling and the cause of my comments here is how their possibly quickly dumping their acquired bitcoins already (furiously dumping, possibly), or merely carving up and distributing to themselves, apparently? And if selling them instead of saving them they most foolishly dump them off in a huge hurry for below full value pricing in a most foolish fashion. If so that is very telling.

A prudent, wise owner of Bitcoin would instead  gently and methodically sell them ONLY as required for their personal and business expense needs, but never dump them and run, not caring how much they cost themselves by stupidly hitting the DUMP SELL BUTTON.

REEKS of scam from start to present.

But hey, no one can know for certain.

Then again: They aren't getting any bitcoins from myself, and certainly not from the other more cautious investors.

They failed to convince those like myself, and none of us will likely ever change our minds until they produce something, and successfully bring it into the wider marketplace. After all, when ever dealing with hustlers and flim flammers, or marketers and sales reps the 1st rule is never trust a word they "don't promise" to do, nor anything they do promise that isn't properly documented and signed. This all reminds me vividly of Butterflies for some uncanny reason. Why could that be?

I wish all the speculators buying into Ethereum the best. But I figure their beating on an ice cold, dead horse that really was merely a giant marketing scam involving nothing but ether (nothing), and very soon (~10 months) even if Ethereum produces something for all their marketing efforts it wont amount to anything more than all the other LOSERS in this now ever larger increasing marketplace of Bitcoin 2.0x type offerings.

Unless, that is,  Ethereum can raise hundreds of millions of more monies up front, so their motivated enough to just maybe thrust Ethereum firmly into the marketplace (but without any promises or commitments to do so, at all, as stated in the terms & agreements clauses).

But hey, maybe this is a bunch of insiders on wall street and in the big banks that are doing their own thing and this will be the real big winner? Ethereum. Nice dream. Nice pipe-dream, thinking their going to offer any suckers down below a piece of their new cherry patch.

Nothing will likely approach Bitcoin for a very long time. And so far nothing compares to Bitcoin's successes.

Ethereum, so far, makes me real glad I chose to speculate in other alternatives a ways back, and that are already very far ahead of Ethereum, and that will also have a huge 1st Mover advantage versus Ethereum, and all that comes with that advantage should they succeed in their endeavors, and most of all obviously without any need nor desire to be PAID IN FULL UP FRONT a KINGS Ransom.

Suckers and their monies are soon parted. Ethereum may or may not have just proved that maxim again.
===========================

But the one thing Ethereum didn't do is "sell me" and many others on their greed driven marketing hustle for pay them up front, in full, an extreme amount of money and then and only then will they just maybe produce anything, or not!, and just maybe allow you suckers some crumbs. But hey, maybe not, no promises and no commitments per the their terms, suckers...

I am shocked at (apparently) how many foolish speculators there still are in these parts after so many ripoffs, swindles, and cons that have already taken place to date. SHOCKED I TELL YA. Shocked!!!

In Short: At BEST...Their no different than the corrupt, criminal scum on wall street and in the biggest banks.

But dumb money never learns until finally they grow old enough to say HELL NO.

Don't ever buy with doing your own Due Diligence.

But hey, Best Regards too, except for the scumbags.

Some deserve to be boiled into ether, in molten steel...

What next? maybe 'bail-in's and more bonuses' for the next series of failures at the big banks, and on wall street, and in the city of london? And of course with absolutely no promises nor any guarantees that the banksters and thieves on wall street and in the city of london don't keep right FAILING Again, and Again, while being so demented as to demand enormous bonuses on top of their future 'bail-in's' for their failures too?

Gee, sounds just like ether...(nothing).

There, I made my statement. I wont discuss this further.

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!

Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:59:39 AM

Newsflash.  Ethereum has lower inflation than bitcoin years 1.  The same year 2. 

Ethereum just like buttcoin will be a high return for original investors if it sees widespread adoption.  (It will take 4 years to bring equilibrium to miners / initial investors). 

It's IPO was trying to avoid the discouragement of adoption by limiting the pyramid scheme of say ... NXT. 

If it's widely used the initial investors will benefit.  If it is not widely used (like NXT) Then no.  Investors will not benefit.  I agree it is highly likely in the first year it could be cheaper than it was at the sale.

4 years is too much my friend.. i have saw all the sucessfull ipos to go 4x times the original ipo value in days.. this is bitcoin not stock market.. the same people who bought at ipo will pump the coin once it goes live.

I'm not sure I follow?  You say the miners are getting screwed and it's a ponzi scheme by the initial buyers?  I didn't buy eth but I can't figure out how it gets so much hate ...

Its not a ponzi scheme by initial buyers, almost all the ether ever sold on the ipo was sold at 2000/1 so if someone decides to pump the price later when it goes live thats another history but now almost everyone got it a 2000/1
Slingshot

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 04:19:52 AM

Here below is some of my own Due Diligence reviewed concerning Ethereum.

Ethereum Raises $3M In 24 Hours With Zero Obligations
=====================================================
http://cryptocrimson.com/2014/07/ethereum-raises-3m-24-hours-zero-obligations/

Some on topic quotes, and other related quotes:
-------------------------------------------------------

"...Other terms of the sale remain vague in terms of the number of Ether of which will be issued. With no set cap in sight, many are weary in terms of what the value of their Ether may equate to in the future. What we do know is what the initial allocation will be in terms of compensation to the project’s developers.

● 0.099x the total amount sold will be allocated to early contributors who participated in development before BTC funding or certainty of funding was available, and another 0.099x will be allocated to long-term research projects.

● 0.26x the total amount sold will be allocated to miners per year forever after that point.

Additionally while we do yet have an idea of the cap, we do know that the total number will always go up; however, as designed, it will go down as a percentage of issued Ether. This is expected to eventually reach the same amount of Ether lost on an annual basis resulting from loss, theft, or fraud, which in time, will create a natural equilibrium.

Despite the excitement surrounding the highly-anticipated project, those looking to cash in on what they view as an investment opportunity are to be advised.

Other issues throughout the crypto-community have derived from the project’s controversial premine..."

Other Notable Items in this article:

"...On Tuesday night, the new alternative cryptocurrency surprised the crypto-community with a midnight pre-sale launch, which seemingly came out of nowhere after months of empty promises in terms of when the coin would be offered..."

"...It is important to note that currently, there is no such thing as “investing” in Ethereum. Those purchasing Ether since last night’s launch are merely paying for the project to be built, which in accordance with the sale’s terms may never be completed at all..."

˝Ether is a product, NOT a security or investment offering. Ether is simply a token useful for paying transaction fees or building or purchasing decentralized application services on the Ethereum platform.˝

...“We reserve the right to use up to 5000 BTC from the pre-sale while the pre-sale is running in order to speed up development. We may or may not take this option depending on community response; if done at all it will be done transparently.”

"In essence, under the terms of sale, your Ether can completely liquidated with no liability whatsoever on behalf of the ethereum team.
No guarantees"

"As stated in 19.9 of the Terms and Conditions of the Ethereum Genesis Sale:"

“Purchaser understands, that while the Ethereum Team will make reasonable efforts to complete the Ethereum software, it is possible that an official completed version of the Ethereum Platform may not be released and there may never be an operational Ethereum Platform.”

“Ether will NOT be usable or transferable until the launch of the genesis block. That is to say, when you buy Ether and download your wallet, you will not be able to do anything with it until the genesis block launches.”

"...the increasing topic of concern among skeptics is that building decentralized applications on the platform will simply be too costly for the average individual, let alone organization to use..."

Read the very informative article below: It will help with one's due diligence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ethereum Raises $3M In 24 Hours With Zero Obligations
=====================================================
http://cryptocrimson.com/2014/07/ethereum-raises-3m-24-hours-zero-obligations/

Caveat emptor - let the buyer beware!
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:37:03 AM

They can create as many coin as the market is able to bear.

This is the main reason I think Ethereum is another pump and dump coin.
tromp
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1088

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:16:26 PM

Additionally while we do yet have an idea of the cap, we do know that the total number will always go up; however, as designed, it will go down as a percentage of issued Ether. This is expected to eventually reach the same amount of Ether lost on an annual basis resulting from loss, theft, or fraud, which in time, will create a natural equilibrium.

Ether only get lost from loss (e.g. forgotten password, sent to bad address),
not from theft or fraud, which is just irregular change of ownership...
sayonara_sam

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:41:56 AM

no limit. It's not ment to hold value, it's ment to be 'fuel' ... it was made very clear from the beginning this stuff would be inflationary. ETH is not suitable for speculation. It is just 'fuel' to prevent spam. Nobody was reading the Terms of Service? People blow money on stuff based on hearsay? Yes?

it's worse than fiat because fiat doesn't devalue by 25% in a year. If you bought into ETH for speculative gains then i have bad news for you.

had to quote this  Grin
ETH now sitting @ 3.6$ (0.0094 BTC)
but i am pretty sure this thing will get down before the halvening
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 03:40:41 PM

This i well known game of investors in ipo ico coins..
They might know this is all a fake and bad investments but they will continue
 to hype this just to earn some money..
I wonder how painful this one will be?

You can rent this space
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:47:37 PM

no-one has answered th question, simply, so I will
amazingly this is very hard to do if searching internet, it should be clear on ethereum website, it's not

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/1451/how-many-ethers-will-ever-exist

There is no maximum. 60,102,216 ethers were created during the sale, plus 2x pools of 9.9% each. 26% of 60,102,216 will be created through mining every year. This means that 15,626,576 will be created every year on top of the 60m and the two pools.

After a while, 15,626,576 ether won't represent much of the total ether available, making the system dis-inflationary (i.e., inflation perpetually trending towards 0 but never reaching it).

UNLIMITED coins, no coin cap
with a high number of coins initially, well fuel, ether
and a LOT of coins every year
15.6 million + every year

traders/speculators usually hate this type of setup, no coincap

if vitalik and ethereum was like apple and steve jobs and you were buying a stock in the company, cool, but you're not

quarter of a billion valuation already

expect to get burned. it will dump

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 11:55:04 PM

So the Ether you're buying is totally arbitrary? It has no max limit?  And people are buying this?

Fuel? What the hell does that even mean?

It's worse than fuel. Oil will run out at some point in time. Ethereum won't. AND PEOPLE ARE BUYING THIS IPO SHITCOIN WITH 95% FAKE VOLUME. LOOOOOOL!!!
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 12:03:44 AM

So the Ether you're buying is totally arbitrary? It has no max limit?  And people are buying this?

It's worse than fuel. Oil will run out at some point in time. Ethereum won't. AND PEOPLE ARE BUYING THIS IPO SHITCOIN WITH 95% FAKE VOLUME. LOOOOOOL!!!

don't forget about the 'gas' as well  Grin lol

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
February 10, 2016, 09:54:42 AM

So the Ether you're buying is totally arbitrary? It has no max limit?  And people are buying this?

don't forget about the 'gas' as well  Grin lol

I don't understand, why publicity seems not to know (or is it not official yet?):
we will have only about 90 million after mining. Then it will switch to POS with 1%. 1% maybe big in numbers, but nothing compared to the fiat.
If you compare for example the dollar with about 10 trillion market cap, wich has for sure more than 1% inflation eth could be worth 10 trillion diveded by (to calculate it easier) 100 million.
So in theory 1 eth could be worth about 10 trillion / 100 million = 100 000.

Of course it's to0 early now for things like that and you never now what happens, but its possible...
BitPappa

Activity: 431
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 11:33:54 PM

QFT

those who are expecting to profit from ethereum pre-sale will be disappointed.

Well, that statement couldn't have been more wrong! Not to blame you or anyone saying the same thing, I think it made sense based on the info. But hard to be cocksure about the future of these things...

max.trekker

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 07:49:44 PM

no limit. It's not ment to hold value, it's ment to be 'fuel' ... it was made very clear from the beginning this stuff would be inflationary. ETH is not suitable for speculation. It is just 'fuel' to prevent spam. Nobody was reading the Terms of Service? People blow money on stuff based on hearsay? Yes?

it's worse than fiat because fiat doesn't devalue by 25% in a year. If you bought into ETH for speculative gains then i have bad news for you.

had to quote this  Grin
ETH now sitting @ 3.6$ (0.0094 BTC)
but i am pretty sure this thing will get down before the halvening

Haha. Its funny to read old threads where people speculate about the price. Everybody seems to be so sure about their point of view. Damn lucky ICO buyers, +150x profit ($).
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2017, 11:36:12 PM

We all that the maximum number of bitcoins is limited to 21 million.

Also, 100% of altcoins have some limits.

But i couldn't find what is the max number of ether coins that can be be issued. There is no info on wiki.... Does anyone knows more details ?

There is no "hard cap". There will be about ~100mil tokens+ ~1% inflation annually when it will switch to POS.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 01:02:24 AM

But i couldn't find what is the max number of ether coins that can be be issued. There is no info on wiki.... Does anyone knows more details ?

does that matter? what matters is what the people do for it....

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2017, 01:03:32 AM

There is no "hard cap". There will be about ~100mil tokens+ ~1% inflation annually when it will switch to POS.

does the number of max tokens really matter in the end no one can say for sure how ethereum will be changed in its inside it can be devalued so only thing matters is weather people accept it and think it has value or not

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1446

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:00:05 AM

Same question. They have what they call the difficulty bomb which was supposed to happen by now. They might have made protocol changed to stop it like  ETC did.

There are some that do not believe Vitalik will turn Ethereum into a POS platform. The risk is too great.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
moo3maad2

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 06:27:56 PM

please do the maximum to list the project on yobit
good luck
Disna

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2017, 07:10:16 PM

horrible if we do not know the number of coins issued, this coin will someday experience inflation
because there is no certainty the number of coins that are issued
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: