Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 11:27:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We do not have a gun culture problem, we have a culture problem.  (Read 5242 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 01:29:57 AM

Actually the main and important point is that it is a right in the USA and a privilege in most other countries.
And interestingly, now with Bitcoin the question arises whether fiat currency is a right of the State, or may it be a privilege.

And whether the people have a right to their own currency, or is it just a privilege.

This may prove to be equally important as the 1st and 2nd Amendments in it's effects on nations across the world.
Interesting point.

And on the gun issue: The coming 3D printers will make it very easy for anyone anywhere to manufacture a gun, in the future it might be the ammo that is restricted instead.

At some point someone will invent ammo that can be 3D printed. And as long as that technological leap will be made, I hope the inventor can also make the 3D printed bullets render people unconscious Star Trek style, but never be able to kill them.
Well, or equally likely, alternative means of high energy projectile launching.

I'd personally like a 3d printed hypervelocity railgun pistol that shot sewing needles.   For a rifle, a compressed air operated 800 foot per second beer can launcher would do nicely.  Not talking empty cans here...

Same.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Danydee
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1254

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 02:33:16 AM

With so many mass shootings here in America and abroad, many are quick to say banning of certain firearms is the right way to approach this issue. Though where you find heavy control on firearms you find higher levels of stabbings, death by hammers and clubbings.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/01/03/FBI-More-People-Killed-With-Hammers-and-Clubs-Each-Year-Than-With-Rifles

Then when you look deep into the mass shootings you often find these active shooters were on, or got off shortly ago psychoactive synthetic pharmaceutical drugs.

http://www.ssristories.org/

http://www.sott.net/article/279716-Nearly-every-mass-shooting-in-the-last-20-years-shares-one-thing-in-common-and-it-isnt-weapons

Funny how the media almost never makes those correlations.

IMO: These pharmaceuticals affect peoples brains much more than what we currently understand with science, and society thinks we can help the sick by just prescribing them these new drugs (created in the last 50 years.) But then wonder why people lose their mind.

+1
 -and we are losing the culture of finding solutions to the problems   

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:41:21 AM

Just asking why...

Why do you need a AR15 rifle in your home?
Why is it you need a Automatic pistol or smg?

Lose the fucking weapons and be like the rest of the world..
Gun freaks...

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 06:58:55 AM

Just asking why...

Gun freaks...

Be like the rest of the world? With an average of 17 million dead annually in genocides of disarmed innocents throughout the 20th Century?
NO THANK AND FUCK YOU, genocide freaks...

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:16:19 AM

Just asking why...

Gun freaks...

Be like the rest of the world? With an average of 17 million dead annually in genocides of disarmed innocents throughout the 20th Century?
NO THANK AND FUCK YOU, genocide freaks...

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Germany, UK, France, Spain and any other fucking country in europe does not have anywhere near the same dead rate % as the US has because you gun freaks cant just keep your weapons in the housr for safety instead of massshootings or psychos that go crazy in public.

Get some knowledge you dumbass and see who has the highest death rates when it comes to violence.

Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:32:33 AM

You can in no way defend yourself against a man with a gun in his hand.
He can shoot you at any distance so you cant run from him.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 09:01:38 AM

You can in no way defend yourself against a man with a gun in his hand.
He can shoot you at any distance so you cant run from him.

Bold faced liar. You can't be shot with a gun "at any distance".

Welcome to my ignore list.

Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:07:17 AM

That is just absurd..

If I stand 10 feet away from you and have to run away from you, then my chance if survival is insanely small.. Because you have a gun that you can fire at me.

If you had a knife or Baseball bat then I would be able to defend myself, or run from you..

A comment like that is just retarded.. Denial is the problem gun nuts have..

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 09:18:50 AM

From a gun you can defend yourself or run from them? Don't be fucking stupid, you'll either get shot in the back or a person will get shot in the face if you try and take them on melee, granted there's a chance to fight back if you go in full force but it's not advisable nevermind the fact that you're arguing hypotheticals from an ignorant position.

That's the main problem I have with this whole gun control 'debate' it's purely argued from hypotheticals very rarely do I see some actual maths or real logic go into it, people arguing for gun control conveniently forget what the army use to 'keep us safe' as they constantly tout and I haven't even gone into police response times yet versus what would actually happen.
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:12:27 AM

From a gun you can defend yourself or run from them? Don't be fucking stupid, you'll either get shot in the back or a person will get shot in the face if you try and take them on melee, granted there's a chance to fight back if you go in full force but it's not advisable nevermind the fact that you're arguing hypotheticals from an ignorant position.

That's the main problem I have with this whole gun control 'debate' it's purely argued from hypotheticals very rarely do I see some actual maths or real logic go into it, people arguing for gun control conveniently forget what the army use to 'keep us safe' as they constantly tout and I haven't even gone into police response times yet versus what would actually happen.

2011: 11,101
2010: 11,078
2009: 11,493
2008: 12,179
2007: 12,632
2006: 12,791
2005: 12,352
2004: 11,624
2003: 11,920
2002: 11,829
2001: 11,348
2000: 10,801
1999: 10,828
1998: 9,257

Gun Homicides in the us the past years. All criminal.

That is insanely high if you look at any other first world country.
The numbers are against you.

Drop the fucking weapons and stop being so afraid of everything that moves.

Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:16:06 AM

NON Fatal gun injuries:

2012: 81,396
2011: 73,883
2010: 73,505
2009: 66,769
2008: 78,622
2007: 69,863
2006: 71,417
2005: 69,825
2004: 64,389
2003: 65,834
2002: 58,841
2001: 63,012

Looks to me like its rising..

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:20:59 AM

It's not about being afraid of everything, nevermind the fact that despite the way you guys act gun owners are right in that criminals aren't going to give a shit about gun bans you have to deal with the fact that the police response times are too high and that's even in the well developed cities where they're funded properly, in places like Detroit where the government has simply given up and said you're on your own are you seriously suggesting people just give up their guns? You don't live in the real world, the irony of this is the politicians who advocate gun control are the ones who have the most armed guards and the biggest weapons available.

So say you do manage to even call the police to begin with, what are you going to do? Ask the assailant nicely to wait for two minutes while the police come and arrest them? No they're going to still beat the crap out of you and then run or they'll just take their chance and run for it just like that with it devolving into a police chase if you're lucky. I haven't even gotten into the actual state of the policing itself, in the UK we had a guy recently that gun control advocates like to forget about that went on a rampage with a shotgun and the police simply threw their hands up when questioned about it saying that the two officers that were following him couldn't do anything because they weren't armed.

You are also not taking into account for the fact that while I'm for gun ownership I'm for disciplined gun ownership, I don't want some untrained drunkards carrying weapons around I want people even the army would fear crossing because of how well trained they are, that would cut the accidents down, but you can't do anything about people wanting to kill each other, that takes a lot more than a simple gun law.

I think a version of what the swiss do where people receive military training in their weaponry is the best way to cut down accidents but the problem of the psychotic murderers in your country is something genuinely to do with America itself rather than guns, especially when we're talking about the pharmaceutical industry who pump your children with drugs.
RobFordWotWot

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

time

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:21:49 AM

We gots a speciation problem.

Horses in midstream.
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:24:31 AM

It's not about being afraid of everything, nevermind the fact that despite the way you guys act gun owners are right in that criminals aren't going to give a shit about gun bans you have to deal with the fact that the police response times are too high and that's even in the well developed cities where they're funded properly, in places like Detroit where the government has simply given up and said you're on your own are you seriously suggesting people just give up their guns? You don't live in the real world, the irony of this is the politicians who advocate gun control are the ones who have the most armed guards and the biggest weapons available.

So say you do manage to even call the police to begin with, what are you going to do? Ask the assailant nicely to wait for two minutes while the police come and arrest them? No they're going to still beat the crap out of you and then run or they'll just take their chance and run for it just like that with it devolving into a police chase if you're lucky. I haven't even gotten into the actual state of the policing itself, in the UK we had a guy recently that gun control advocates like to forget about that went on a rampage with a shotgun and the police simply threw their hands up when questioned about it saying that the two officers that were following him couldn't do anything because they weren't armed.

So pulling out a gun in just the answer to every kind of crime in the US?

In Denmark criminals have guns.. The population does not.. Have you ever heard of a kitchen knife or a baseball bat?

Why does everything have to be solved with a gun?

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:26:14 AM

I'm British by the way and the fact that you seem to think kitchen knives and baseball bats are going to do anything is ridiculous lol I also love how you dodged my point about police response times and psychiatric drugs.

fyi: We have one of the strictest gun control legislations out there, in Manchester it is apparently incredibly easy to get guns if you're a criminal
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:28:39 AM

I'm British by the way and the fact that you seem to think kitchen knives and baseball bats are going to do anything is ridiculous lol.

Did work the last time...

2 men was trying to get in.. I woke up.. Grabbed a bat.. When they finaly got the door kicked in, I hit the first one in the head so he passed out..

The second one tried to come in after that, and I hit him twice before he saw me.

Fuck guns...

Use a bat.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:29:06 AM

Yeah, what if they had guns?
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:30:30 AM

Yeah, what if they had guns?

First one had.. He just did not have a chance to point it at me before he was passed out by my bat.

Second one did not have a gun.

Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:32:02 AM

I'm British by the way and the fact that you seem to think kitchen knives and baseball bats are going to do anything is ridiculous lol I also love how you dodged my point about police response times and psychiatric drugs.

fyi: We have one of the strictest gun control legislations out there, in Manchester it is apparently incredibly easy to get guns if you're a criminal

Im talking about US specificly..

I dont know much about the UK laws about guns.
But there is no where near the amount of people in % that dies from firearms like the US.. I know that.

Lethn
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 10:35:06 AM

That's because in other parts of the world we don't use unnecessary amounts of drugs on people claiming they have mental problems.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: