Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:42:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is this dice game site cheating ?  (Read 2549 times)
spy100 (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 257

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 01:54:43 PM

So today i was bored ,and played at a dice website using their faucet...

And i noticed a pattern each time you bet big, you lose check out the screenshots :

round 1

round 2

round 3

I used 66% win chance at a payout of 1.5x

The odds of that pattern happening 3 times in a row are astronomical ...this is why i never use my own money on does dice games ...Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:56:26 PM

So today i was bored ,and played at a dice website using their faucet...

And i noticed a pattern each time you bet big, you lose check out the screenshots :

round 1

round 2

round 3

I used 66% win chance at a payout of 1.5x

The odds of that pattern happening 3 times in a row are astronomical ...this is why i never use my own money on does dice games ...Smiley

No. That's PrimeDice, and it's provably fair, you can verify its fairness by following the "Provably Fair" guide.
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:05:28 PM

No. That's PrimeDice, and it's provably fair, you can verify its fairness by following the "Provably Fair" guide.

then how come each time you bet big you lose ? Smiley a random game  should never have a patter

ForgottenPassword

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:07:27 PM

then how come each time you bet big you lose ? Smiley a random game  should never have a patter

Read how provably fair works. You can check that they didn't change the outcome BEFORE you even placed your bet.

In randomness ANYTHING can happen. Yes there can be something that appears to be a pattern in randomness, often there will be. But keep betting and follow the pattern and see what happenes.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

Tip Address: 13Lwo1hK5smoBpFWxmqeKSL52EvN8U7asX
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:16:54 PM

then how come each time you bet big you lose ? Smiley a random game  should never have a patter

Read how provably fair works. You can check that they didn't change the outcome BEFORE you even placed your bet.

leave that sha512 thing alone i will prove it now again

i will do 2 rounds at a 50% win chance

Round 1
1.first bet will be 0.00000001
2.second bet will be max amount i have

Round 2

I predict that both rounds i will lose

spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:21:18 PM

And here it is

as predicted:

Grin

ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:23:50 PM

then how come each time you bet big you lose ? Smiley a random game  should never have a patter

leave that sha512 thing alone i will prove it now again

i will do 2 rounds at a 50% win chance

Round 1

Round 2

I predict that both rounds i will lose

That doesn't prove anything... you WILL NOT BE GUARANTEED to win 50% of the time if you bet on 50%.

Here is an analogy to how that "SHA256 thing" works:

The dice site writes down a number.
You try to guess the number
If it matches you win, if it doesn't you lose.
You can look at the paper to see if it matches after.

The "SHA256 thing" is just a way of hiding the number until after the game is over. The hash you get beforehand is the number hidden, the secret lets you reveal it. SHA256 is used in bitcoin mining, banking and military-grade encryption so if there was a way to mess with it they'd be doing something bigger than just rigging a dice site. Please read into how exactly it works before you start posting.

I have private messages disabled. Send me an email instead. My contact details can be found here.

spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:31:07 PM

1. You're winning before you put on a big bet, which is just silly.
2. You're using incredibly high odds and betting straight after one or two losses, I've encountered up to 8 losses on 1.5x consecutively
3. You probably haven't diced before so you think these results are drastic when really they're hardly anything but this.

I've been on pd for over a year, and I can say right now that placing such random bets with no losses before is a newbie move. You lose once or twice on 1.2x before you go all in, not 1.5x....

Tip for the future also, I never bet 1.5x and if I do it's after I see 5+ under 30's in a row, I recommend you follow this tip to avoid future losses.

ok i will use your strategy lets see what happens...

spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:41:05 PM

2. You're using incredibly high odds and betting straight after one or two losses, I've encountered up to 8 losses on 1.5x consecutively
3. You probably haven't diced before so you think these results are drastic when really they're hardly anything but this.

I've been on pd for over a year, and I can say right now that placing such random bets with no losses before is a newbie move. You lose once or twice on 1.2x before you go all in, not 1.5x....

Tip for the future also, I never bet 1.5x and if I do it's after I see 5+ under 30's in a row, I recommend you follow this tip to avoid future losses.

your strategy :

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:46:37 PM

your strategy :

Why dont u note down the hashed value of the big bet that u r claiming to be guaranteed to lose ? Simply check the fairness after the bet is made. I dont get a simple fact. How can u raise Q about a random no. whose hash value is already available to u ?

ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:47:57 PM

I didn't say for you to use my strategy (besides that's just off the top of my head) I just gave a tip.
Find out your own strategies by analysing your numbers and playing according to that.

Um... there is no strategy when betting on a provably fair dice site like primedice. Every bet has exactly 1% less chance of happening than it should, there is no bet that is better. It is entirely up to luck.

spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:48:18 PM

That's what i am trying to tell you ,there is no strategy ,each time you go big your chances get lowered somehow ...

ForgottenPassword

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:50:17 PM

That's what i am trying to tell you ,there is no strategy ,each time you go big your chances get lowered somehow ...

No they DONT, the chance is ALWAYS 1% lower than it should be of happening because that is the house edge.

Look please you need to learn how to verify the bets. This is the only way you will realize you are wrong.

Heres what you do:
In real life flip a coin 10 times, heads you win tails you lose, see what the outcome is, it should be 5 right? well see for yourself, it won't ALWAYS be 5. You could get 0 or you could get all 10 or any other number of wins. Just because the chances of you winning are 50% doesn't mean you WILL win 50% of the time.

byt411

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:51:13 PM

No. You obviously don't understand what "provably fair" means and you are just being stupid... argh.
And yes, there are strategies, search them or find them for yourself.
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:53:32 PM

No. You obviously don't understand what "provably fair" means and you are just being stupid... argh.

never mind if we are going to discuss like this ...

byt411

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:56:02 PM

never mind if we are going to discuss like this ...

Umm... It's not even a discussion, there's no "pattern", everything is provably fair and you're the one that isn't understanding this. Please try to read the "provably fair" section on PrimeDice.
byt411

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:04:29 PM

You are all so, so dumb when you say there is no strategy...

Ok so there is no difference putting all my money on 2x in one bet comparing to doing varieties of odds and divisions of my balance on higher/lower odds over a series of hundreds of bets? That's called a strategy.

Exactly. Open excel and make martingale derivatives, taking into account the risk and the return, and find one that suits you. Don't be stupid.
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 03:04:48 PM

Umm... It's not even a discussion, there's no "pattern", everything is provably fair and you're the one that isn't understanding this. Please try to read the "provably fair" section on PrimeDice.

if there is no pattern then how come i predicted  the ending ? come on man... are you really that naive to believe the guy/company that is making a profit if you lose your money ? Smiley

byt411

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:08:45 PM

if there is no pattern then how come i predicted  the ending ? come on man... are you really that naive to believe the guy/company that is making a profit if you lose your money ? Smiley

*facepalm*

1. Screenshots can be faked.
2. You can bet many times and then take a few samples saying that it's unfair.
3. You are the stupid guy, READ WHAT "PROVABLY FAIR" IS!
4. They have a house edge, so they will always profit. I doubt you even know what "house edge" means.

Also,

See? Lookup the bets if you want to.
spy100 (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 03:16:34 PM

See? Lookup the bets if you want to.

you are hopeless,the martingale system works only if you have a infinite amount of money ,at one point you will lose if yo have a limited amount of money...

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: