Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 04:56:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alex Jones finally endorses Bitcoin!!!  (Read 3266 times)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 02:32:18 PM

This is huge! Check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovk-G_sgwmc

InfoWars now accepts bitcoin in their store and what not. Anyone who knows what a tinfoil hat propaganda machine that Alex Jones is should know that this is just a beginning. This is all positive propaganda for Bitcoin and I'm sure he will refer to Bitcoin in the future a lot. Same happened to Christopher Greene from AMTV a while ago and I hope David Icke will soon start promoting Bitcoin too.

I have personally sent Christopher Greene and David Icke e-mails about accepting Bitcoin donations a couple of years ago but they did not respond. At least now we are finally seeing progress in the tinfoil hat community Tongue

It's funny though how Alex Jones is a bit butthurt about not getting into Bitcoin 4 years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ovk-G_sgwmc#t=390

Next bull run will be driven by the non-tech-savy-tinfoil-hatters, people such as Rusty Shackleford:

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:34:18 PM

I know who alex jones is, and i know how fanatic he can be about things, but how many viewers/followers/acolytes/believers does he have?
njcarlos

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:42:36 PM

Well it's nice to see that bitcoin's shining light over the hill is... an Alex Jones endorsement. What more do we need, really?
thefunkybits
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 04:08:51 PM

This is great news!

I remember me and my friends would spam their suggestion box for BTC so its great to see them finally endorsing it (especially considering AJ's previous attitudes towards Bitcoin)
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:24:51 PM

What did I say? Alex Jones will go crazy on Bitcoin and starts propagating the fuck out of it.

Check it out, Max Keiser and Alex Jones (uploaded today):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTvNt_5-Bkg

Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:27:28 PM

While this is good news, a known Libertarian conspiracy theorist getting onboard with bitcoin is not exactly what I'd consider "shocking" or huge.

Tell me either Buffett or Krugman is endorsing bitcoin though, and I'll start thinking we've won the war.   Grin
bomb177

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:29:02 PM

Someone here said that the good news doesn't reflect an increase in bitcoin value but after the recent drop I would bet it will recover fast...
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 03:31:10 PM

While this is good news, a known Libertarian conspiracy theorist factist getting onboard with bitcoin is not exactly what I'd consider "shocking" or huge.

Tell me Buffett or Krugman are endorsing bitcoin though, and I'll start thinking we've won the war.   Grin

FTFY  Wink

wezphoto

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:32:11 PM

This will surely help spreading the word about bitcoin and probably the adoption will increase a little more.
lemfuture

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:33:33 PM

i don't like how he talk, he sound sarcastic

1ADLcfwTofFXb95pKhebpeRkJ4WTWsvQXB
labsbitforum

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 03:58:44 PM

InfoWars now accepts bitcoin in their store and what not. Anyone who knows what a tinfoil hat propaganda machine that Alex Jones is should know that this is just a beginning. This is all positive propaganda for Bitcoin and I'm sure he will refer to Bitcoin in the future a lot. Same happened to Christopher Greene from AMTV a while ago and I hope David Icke will soon start promoting Bitcoin too.

Never heard of Alex Jones or info wars.  Whatched the one 9 minute video on bitcoin.

Couple first reactions.
He prints out websites on paper and uses them in his "new cast" which apears to be a prototypical far right biased faux journalism.  The last minute of his 9 minute video is a about his own branded coffee.  "...for more than a decade my favorite coffee has come from the high mountains of southern mexico.  Where the chiapas farmers grow their unique shade grown arabica bean.  We have now managed to secure these sought after beans in a highly customized blend..."

What a load of crap...  what little credibility I was willing to give him quickly vanished when I heard his plug for his "Wake up America Patriot Blend Coffee"

Lost even more credibility once I looked at his other stories on youtube like:
"Why Obama Brought Ebola To America: Special Report"
"Obama Launches Border Crisis To Destroy America"

So much crap
Fake news propaganda targeted at the poorly educated and easily impressionable...
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:05:46 PM

So that's why it is crashing.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:31:36 PM

I'll never in a million years understand why so many people freak out that this guy sells things.  Do you freak out when you see commercials advertising on tv every five seconds?  People who whine about that lose all credibility with me and I assume they are just trolling.  Their not complaining about the crap fud new stories on the television and their prescription drug ads but but if some guy on the radio sells coffee...  look out!!

Hilarious I haven't heard that one yet  Cheesy
Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:34:45 PM

lol.

anyway, as I said earlier, we need dumb people to like Bitcoin too and Alex is doing a great job spreading the word. Dumb people understand slightly different language. Just because you are pretty intelligent to see how comical this Alex Jones figure really is does not change the fact that there are people who actually listen to him. It's about time for Bitcoin to stop being a nerds' currency. When talking to the uneducated minds, use more emotion and stronger language to make yourself clear and gain authority. Most people aren't cryptologists you know, but they will understand it if someone says that Bitcoin is good and Dollar is bad while roaring, spitting and blushing.

maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

Never heard of Alex Jones or info wars.  Whatched the one 9 minute video on bitcoin.

Couple first reactions.
He prints out websites on paper and uses them in his "new cast" which apears to be a prototypical far right biased faux journalism.  The last minute of his 9 minute video is a about his own branded coffee.  "...for more than a decade my favorite coffee has come from the high mountains of southern mexico.  Where the chiapas farmers grow their unique shade grown arabica bean.  We have now managed to secure these sought after beans in a highly customized blend..."

What a load of crap...  what little credibility I was willing to give him quickly vanished when I heard his plug for his "Wake up America Patriot Blend Coffee"

Lost even more credibility once I looked at his other stories on youtube like:
"Why Obama Brought Ebola To America: Special Report"
"Obama Launches Border Crisis To Destroy America"

So much crap
Fake news propaganda targeted at the poorly educated and easily impressionable...

true, he isn't the most credible person, sure he hocks his own products on his own radio show(like every celebrity), but you can't deny his following. and they're a lot of fairly wealthy government hating people who would love bitcoin if it would hurt banks.
An amorous cow-herder

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:42:23 PM

So much crap
Well, who else, if not those, would buy into bitcoin?
labsbitforum

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:50:26 PM

I'll never in a million years understand why so many people freak out that this guy sells things.  Do you freak out when you see commercials advertising on tv every five seconds?  People who whine about that lose all credibility with me and I assume they are just trolling.  Their not complaining about the crap fud new stories on the television and their prescription drug ads but but if some guy on the radio sells coffee...  look out!!

So I take it you are a fan...

I wasn't reacting so much to him trying to make some money off the brand he has created but the ridiculous romancing that was in the copy about the coffee.  He makes some interesting points here and there but its so latent with extremely biased propaganda that its too hard to watch. 

fusioncoins

Activity: 590

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:50:31 PM

I don't think Alex Jones has a lot of followers but nice news.

Hyena (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 04:54:21 PM

I don't think Alex Jones has a lot of followers but nice news.

850,085 subscribers

but then again, I don't know the definition of a lot in this context.

kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:54:38 PM

Wonderful, tin foil hat raving lunatic Alex Jones endorses bitcoin. That will surely help legitimize it as a currency for the mainstream!

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: