Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 07:43:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SHOOT RACIST TEA PARTIERS IN ‘BATTLEFIELD HARDLINE’  (Read 1698 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:14:31 PM

In the upcoming first-person shooter Battlefield Hardline, players will shoot and kill racist anti-government Tea Party types, Gadsden flag and all.

Gamers got their first look at Battlefield Hardline’s singleplayer campaign, from developer Visceral Games and publisher Electronic Arts, at the Gamescom gaming convention in Cologne, Germany, on Wednesday, but the reveal included an unexpected partisan shot across the bow of conservative gamers. The Battlefield series, created by Swedish development studio DICE, has been largely apolitical since its first installment was released in 2002, but that appears to have changed with Visceral Games taking the lead on the latest release.

The Hardline demonstration opens with the player character, Nick Mendoza, and his partner Marcus Boone meeting with a criminal contact, Tony Alpert. The situation soon turns sour as it’s revealed the meeting is a setup to capture Mendoza and deliver him to a crime boss. Imprisoned in a decommissioned missile silo, Mendoza must escape his captors and sneak through the underground bunker to gain his freedom.

Along the way, Alpert can be heard ranting over the complex’s PA system, proclaiming himself a “one man island of armed sovereignty” and complaining about how “bilge… is pumped into young minds” by educators across “these once-united states” that has led to the “denigration, the humbling, the tearing down of everything that made this country great.”
Guards can also be heard complaining about how the gang used to associate with “scumbags” like Marcus, who is black, as well as “Mexicans” and “hippies.” While discussing the bounty placed on Mendoza’s head that led to the double-cross, one enemy remarks, “A quarter-million bucks for a Mexican? Shit, man, I didn’t know they got so expensive.”

All of this could be interpreted as simply painting the enemies as a white-power criminal gang, the kind of hard-right boogeymen that progressives like to use as analogues for all conservatives, but a sequence later in the demonstration makes it clear the developer has a much more specific group in mind.

When finding evidence in a trailer that your captors are connected to the construction or sale of a missile, the player character remarks, “Looks like your old friends have gone way past bank robbery.” Marcus replies, “One black president and Tony completely lost his shit,” as a Gadsden flag, a symbol of the Tea Party movement, is displayed prominently on the wall.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/08/13/Shoot-Racist-Tea-Partiers-in-Battlefield-Hardline

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Libertarians: evil. Government and people who support government: good.

Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:07:05 AM

That's right - take the Gadsden flag - one of the first symbols of America and trash it as equivalent to racist terrorist.

Oh EA, you never cease to amaze me.  I haven't bought a single game of yours on Origin and I think this just reinforces that decision.  Keep up the good work!  Roll Eyes

Playing the race card 6 years after Obama was elected.... if every native American did that we would be hearing diatribes while waiting in line for groceries.  Give it a break already - the only thing black about Obama is hit dimly lit mind.
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:09:44 PM

Plain as day you can see the Government propaganda that is being pushed in all aspects of Media these days. 

Tea Party
Libertarians
conservatives
Gun Owners
Veterans
Political Dissenters
and anyone else who would stand up for the Constitution

These people are being targeted in video games now, not just in the MSM.

boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:39:14 PM

Tea parties are not racist

Libertarians are in favor of immigration

cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 01:38:52 PM

hee hee sounds like fun, hoping it will be good as Tea Party Zombies:

Nothing better than shooting up some rednecks...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AoLWBqq6Fw

Ron~Popeil

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:05:46 PM

They just can't help themselves. Politics is being inserted into every facet of our culture. Then people openly wonder why we are so divided.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:18:29 PM

In the upcoming first-person shooter Battlefield Hardline, players will shoot and kill racist anti-government Tea Party types, Gadsden flag and all.

Oh, I don't know.

Who WINS?

In the classic of classics, Call of Duty Black Ops Zombies....

The Nazi Zombies always....always....win.....

Also, who do you get to play?

I'm just somehow not excited about playing a cop.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:22:53 PM

That's actually fairly disconcerting.

Games shouldn't be used to stir up political emotions
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:31:35 PM

I play tons of video games including shooters, and I never even considered or realized that none of them ever have you shooting Muslim terrorists despite that being the biggest threat to everyone's' security for the last decade and a half. I'm astounded right now lol

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 05:43:09 PM

I'm not sure what kind of appeal this game will draw but normal gamers tend to be younger dudes that have libertarian leanings, some of whom smoke cannabis. If endearing them to police is part of it I'm not so sure of success. If, keeping some of these young people from embracing the likes of Rand Paul as a potential Presidential candidate as he'd be the default option for most of the labeling of the alleged bad people. Or perhaps it's a cult game for the mentally challenged loony lefties trying to stoke some flames for the midterms. It'll probably flop.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:21:56 PM

That's right - take the Gadsden flag - one of the first symbols of America and trash it as equivalent to racist terrorist.

Oh EA, you never cease to amaze me.  I haven't bought a single game of yours on Origin and I think this just reinforces that decision.  Keep up the good work!  Roll Eyes

Playing the race card 6 years after Obama was elected.... if every native American did that we would be hearing diatribes while waiting in line for groceries.  Give it a break already - the only thing black about Obama is hit dimly lit mind.

2010 FLASHBACK: EA pulls ‘Taliban' detail from game

Video gamers no longer will be able to fight and kill American troops as members of the "Taliban" in the upcoming first-person shooter "Medal of Honor," Military Times has learned. Instead, they'll fight and kill American troops as "the opposing force," a response to criticism from service members' families and others.

The bad guys in the multiplayer component of the game, in which gamers square off online for virtual shooting matches, will keep their Afghan looks, Pashtun dialogue and Kalashnikov weapons, but be called "OpFor." The game designers' change means the word "Taliban" will disappear from the game's internal menus and titles, but actual gameplay will otherwise stay the same.

Greg Goodrich, executive producer of "Medal of Honor" for video game giant Electronic Arts, told Military Times the company made the change in response to "feedback from friends and families of fallen soldiers who have expressed concern over the inclusion of the Taliban in the multiplayer portion of our game."

Initially, programmers didn't think anyone would be offended by having the word "Taliban" be a part of the game, he said, because they considered that a part of making the experience as realistic as possible.

"‘Medal of Honor' has always been about authenticity and respect for the soldiers, telling the soldiers' story from their point of view — that's one of the core tenants of the franchise, even though setting has changed," he said. "This ‘Medal of Honor' is no different in that regard … when you're talking about creating an authentic experience, creating authentic weapons, environment, dialogue, characters, all the things you do to achieve authenticity, part of that is calling the enemy what the enemy is. And we did that."

Even though game designers heard no complaints in initial tests, mainstream news organizations began reporting the "Taliban" detail this summer, which sparked a backlash from the families of fallen troops and even U.K. Defence Secretary Liam Fox, who said he was "disgusted and angry" by what he called "a tasteless product."

http://www.airforcetimes.com/article/20101001/NEWS/10010318/EA-pulls-8216-Taliban-detail-from-game

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fake political correctness.

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 07:59:56 PM

It'll probably flop.

QFT

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 08:06:49 PM

What they're doing is charging full price for something which normally would be released as a DLC, this game is going to be shit when maybe as an expansion it would actually do okay, EA are running out of ideas and this is just an attempt to try something 'controversial' and since they don't have the balls because they're a corporation they decided to attack the people they perceive to be the easiest targets because everybody hates Libertarians right? Smiley
TheGer

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:56:24 PM

How many of you know that under Obama the Govt. has removed the ban on using propaganda to influence the American public.  They can now use propaganda openly under the law to make you think what they want.

1984 anyone?

They just can't help themselves. Politics is being inserted into every facet of our culture. Then people openly wonder why we are so divided.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 09:01:37 PM

LOL, my Tea Party is more anti-racist than the Republican and Democrat parties. Pure defamation.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:03:51 PM

LOL, my Tea Party is the more anti-racist than the Republican and Democrat parties. Pure defamation.

It is a safer bet for them. The Tea Party is not well known for its fatwa targeting their game developers...

Honeypot

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:11:41 PM

LOL, my Tea Party is the more anti-racist than the Republican and Democrat parties. Pure defamation.

It is a safer bet for them. The Tea Party is not well known for its fatwa targeting their game developers...

Cowards Smiley
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:03:47 AM

Since everyone can mod their game and characters (famous with GTA) how come there are no home made fatwa mods?  If you want your game to have a planetary buzz, make ISIS tweets about it... Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: