Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:06:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: C-Cex Exchange (@CryptoCurrEncyX) Scam Warning, Witholding Delisted Coins  (Read 10668 times)
demoniality (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:41:44 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2014, 07:11:26 PM by demoniality

UPDATE 20/08/2014: I got my coins back and few others did. I had to be extremely aggressive and tenacious with my methods though.

UPDATE 18/09/2014: It seems others are being ignored now and concerns are rising they are back to their old tricks.

Anyone with low volume alt funds on c-cex beware that in my current, and many others experiences, it is extremely difficult to get this exchange to return your coins to you if it is delisted. In summary:

• They only claim intent to withdraw delisted coins only once per month.
  • I have been told by many others they have never returned their coins citing bogus technical reasons ie wrong fork or syncing issues
  • I have been waiting 40 days for my coins, 20 more than i was first reassured
  • I was promised a new deadline 3 times in total, each one has passed with zero withdrawals made to me
  • They are currently citing no available nodes for a blockchain which has many available nodes

Update: I linked ccex to the latest github and they have done nothing. Now they have removed the support button when I login! What further proof is needed that they are scammers?

Please add your experiences with C-Cex to this thread.

I will link @CryptoCurrEncyX to this thread to see if they want to do the decent thing by explaining themselves and returning everyone affected with their coins.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
daimyo

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

UFO

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 08:58:39 PM

Lets post that on any major crypto platform

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
Lizard_Destroyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:23:28 PM

I had a similar experience. I had deposited a bunch of TittieCoins, planning to sell them at a later date. I logged in a few days later & BOOM... they were delisted & my coins were gone. I don't recall how many I had on there, as this happened sometime in the early spring. I probably should have contacted them, but I didn't. I was focusing on more promising coins at the time. I just chocked it up as a loss & made a mental note not to deal with them again. There was no warning that the coin was going to be delisted... it just happened. I logged in 2 or 3 days later to sell & they had just vanished!
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:38:22 AM

They have currently switched to ignoring my support requests. It's a far cry from the first few responses where they would end on such notes as "Hope you have a care-free and lovely day ahead ! Leave the worries to me for now Smiley". That's all very well if you're even attempting to return peoples funds C-Cex...

I sent them a link to this thread so they had the chance to clear the matter up. They have tweeted non-relevant things since then. I think the silence so far speaks volumes. They need to resolve this situation or they are by lack of action admitting they are operating a scam. And if this is a scam, I will go on a crusade to ruin them. I'm sure someone will be able to doxx them if the worst is true.

cryptworld

Activity: 714
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:46:05 AM

they should announce it and leave the delisted coins available to withdrawal
not a good point to c-cex
I thought they were more professional
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 01:41:00 AM

all their whois details are either withheld or searching anything like the contact number just brings up a bunch of scam related results...

Lizard_Destroyer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:01:42 AM

I refuse to trade there anymore.
daimyo

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

UFO

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:25:53 PM

I refuse to trade there anymore.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=739633.msg8357433#msg8357433

looks like youre not the only one...

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:49:59 PM

I had no problems with c-cex.com but i always withdrawed my coins before they got delisted so i can't speak of that issue, but it should be fixed ASAP otherwise this will bring really bad reputation about them.
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 05:22:16 PM

I have exacty the same experience with the delisted UFOcoin withdrawal and I have been posting at different places before.

The last message I got was 4 days ago. Answering regarding their UFOcoin wallet, they said, "  Yes, We did update it and waiting for sync."

What is quite unbelievable is that earlier on, every one would be expecting C-Cex to send your shares of coins back to you during their monthly 'Delisted Coin Sesseion'. But I was somewhat instructed to go to the 'My Asset'-'Delisted Coin' section to withdraw my coins. 

But I found out, the Delisted Coin section that showed the balance of the coins was gone.

See copies of the message below.

"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-08-09 04:56:31 cb003756

Sir:

This ticket should not be closed.

Early on 8/6/2014, you stated "coins to be sent within ~48hr." I did provide you with My UFOcoin address to send.

I gave you more than 48 hours.

Now I found out later on 8/6/2014, you already post another message at 10:02:56, stating that I
"could check under 'My Assets' - 'Delisted Coins'. Kindly do so for withdrawal and use the desired withdrawal address."

Now I look at 'My Assets' section of the account, the 'Delisted Coins' section disappears, implying that either you removed the posted amount of UFOcoins from my account or you disabled the 'Delisted Coins' section which won't show up. In either way, it is impossible for me to get in there to do the withdrawal myself, according to your instruction.

Let us emphasize one more time, you should send back my UFOcoins in whatever way it takes because those are my UFOcoins I purchased at C-Cex. We know how UFO blockchains and wallets works and they are working very well now. Please prepare the withdrawal appropriately so that either I can get in to do it myself or you can just send the coin to my UFOcoin address provided above ( and again here

UFOcoins Address: ByKiGZW7tXqfDJoFYVBDpiSpJDhgHAii16 )

I have the patience to see you do it right. And I appreciate it very much.

2014-08-09 05:29:23 C-CEX support
Hello,

They should have been transferred to your provided addresses. If possible kindly let me know about the amounts you had requested. I will personally speak to the technical team and try to ascertain why it was not transferred, if that is the case.

The delisted coins section was removed because we are looking into other alternatives to make the withdrawal process more efficient, so please don't be worried about that.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

..................................Just to be safe, I did make screen shots of the delisted coin section showing the balance, direct copies and screen shots of messages and discussions at the support ticket, as well as export of all transaction records as Excel Files downloads.

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:02:11 PM

I've been trying to warn people about these assholes.  Here is a pastebin of links to complaints about c-cex.  http://pastebin.com/uTDTTyFP

Granted a lot of that information is old, but is was what I threw together in 5 minutes of googling and searching the forum a while back.

It is worse than withholding delisted coins, they have closed the accounts of those who were victims of the Feb hack rather than pay them back.  I was still owed 3 BTC when they closed my account, and that same day or the next @SATOSHI00000001 was blowing up twitter because they did the same thing to him.  Who knows how much he lost.

I traded on C-cex from day one, tried to stick by them and be understanding after the hack, even made an attempt to help them get more volume back.  Hey assholes, remember GHC and how that was one of your volume leaders for a couple months when C-cex was on life support?  You remember who tipped you off to that one?  I did.  What thanks do I get?  A big fuck you, we aren't paying you back.  Ever.

No loyalty or honor from these pricks.  Stay away.
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:03:46 PM

They are hiding like cowards. Also 4 days without a response from my now 40 day old support ticket and yet you go onto their skype live support and even though they wont let anyone add them as a contact, you can still see things like 'last activity two seconds ago'. What legitimate Business excuse is there for this behaviour? Objectively, there is none, C-Cex is a scam.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:30:02 PM

yeah it seems that they delist without warning? but i'm not sure, for now i lost some dogeblackcoin, not that it matters since they were practically worthless...
Pride-C-CEX

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:40:35 PM

We currently have a 2 week policy on all altcoins, if they under perform in volume during a 2 week period they are de-listed. I'm sure traders can understand that due to the amount of coins created and the speed at which they are abandoned is roughly 2 weeks unless the coin shows longevity. As to the issue you had there is always a tweet sent out with the list of coins that are going to be taken off the exchange. This same list appears on the C-CEX site as well. We are working on a solution to email every registered user a list of coins that will be de-listed to help increase awareness, but beyond this the responsibility to remove coins obviously falls on the user to withdraw before we remove the wallets off our servers to make room for future additions.

I apologize for the inconveniences our policies may cause, they were born out of necessity and the changing culture of crypto currency.

Crypto Trade at C-CEX: https://c-cex.com/
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:50:38 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2014, 09:01:23 PM by demoniality

We currently have a 2 week policy on all altcoins, if they under perform in volume during a 2 week period they are de-listed. I'm sure traders can understand that due to the amount of coins created and the speed at which they are abandoned is roughly 2 weeks unless the coin shows longevity.
Nobody has any problem with this. They have a problem with you not letting them get back their coins once delisted. In my case i requested to withdraw on the next delisted withdrawal session and you have still failed to do this weeks on.

As to the issue you had there is always a tweet sent out with the list of coins that are going to be taken off the exchange. This same list appears on the C-CEX site as well. We are working on a solution to email every registered user a list of coins that will be de-listed to help increase awareness,
This is all fluff and irrelevant to the issue in question. The issue is why not, like every other exchange, allow users to withdraw delisted coins? There is no reason, the only reason is theft. Delisting a coin simply means it can no longer be traded, not that the funds become yours.

but beyond this the responsibility to remove coins obviously falls on the user to withdraw before we remove the wallets off our servers to make room for future additions.
More nonsense, what kind of two-bit exchange do you have to be to not be able to keep a wallet on the server until all users that are actively pursuing their funds to be returned, get them? You were assuring me i would have mine every few days and then you vanished. Next thing here you are trying to save face and suddenly the goalposts have moved and you are suggesting you do not give users funds back once a coin is delisted. Illogical, convoluted nonsense.

I apologize for the inconveniences our policies may cause, they were born out of necessity and the changing culture of crypto currency.
This one takes the cake. So something as vague and wishy-washy as "the changing culture(!?) of crypto currency" means you are required to steal users coins once delisted, however hard they have been trying to withdraw them, because you would rather make some free coins then bother to carry out withdrawals that do not benefit you?

Pride-C-CEX

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 08:53:25 PM

We currently have a 2 week policy on all altcoins, if they under perform in volume during a 2 week period they are de-listed. I'm sure traders can understand that due to the amount of coins created and the speed at which they are abandoned is roughly 2 weeks unless the coin shows longevity. As to the issue you had there is always a tweet sent out with the list of coins that are going to be taken off the exchange. This same list appears on the C-CEX site as well. We are working on a solution to email every registered user a list of coins that will be de-listed to help increase awareness, but beyond this the responsibility to remove coins obviously falls on the user to withdraw before we remove the wallets off our servers to make room for future additions.

Do not try that, you have been promising me my coins for weeks, citing problems are syncing the blockchain as the issue. Now you are trying to slide your stance over to 'once they are delisted you lose them' aka 'once they are delisted we sell them elsewhere'. I put in a withdrawal for my coins when the option was still there and you still haven't returned them to me. All because you claim you couldn't sync you wallet on a blockchain that has dedicated nodes, which you could have done literally several hundred times between my ticket opening and now. What's your response? Why are you ignoring our support tickets?

One moment I'll look up your ticket to verify some information, we are not "trying" anything this is the policy. If the wallet was not syncing then it was not syncing there is no purpose or reason to deceive and if you think C-CEX would risk their name over .00000001 satoshi then you are mistaken.

demoniality (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:00:28 PM

Do not try that, you have been promising me my coins for weeks, citing problems are syncing the blockchain as the issue. Now you are trying to slide your stance over to 'once they are delisted you lose them' aka 'once they are delisted we sell them elsewhere'. I put in a withdrawal for my coins when the option was still there and you still haven't returned them to me. All because you claim you couldn't sync you wallet on a blockchain that has dedicated nodes, which you could have done literally several hundred times between my ticket opening and now. What's your response? Why are you ignoring our support tickets?

One moment I'll look up your ticket to verify some information, we are not "trying" anything this is the policy. If the wallet was not syncing then it was not syncing there is no purpose or reason to deceive and if you think C-CEX would risk their name over .00000001 satoshi then you are mistaken.
I believe you are more than familiar with who i am. Me linking you to this thread from my support ticket is they very reason you are here and you know all about my ongoing attempts to get you to rationalise your issue with syncing a wallet that i could do in 30 minutes right now. No excuses. If the wallet isn't syncing, you update the wallet and resync it. Your own claim to another ufo coin user as to which block you were stuck on proved you were on the old wallet. Like i've said to you maybe 3 times before, update to 0.8.7.1 & sync. This is a thirty minute fix max.

Pride-C-CEX

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:10:36 PM

I believe you are more than familiar with who i am. Me linking you to this thread from my support ticket is they very reason you are here and you know all about my ongoing attempts to get you to rationalise your issue with syncing a wallet that i could do in 30 minutes right now. No excuses.

There is no need to rationalize, this is what looks like happened with your UFO. The thread has changed 3+ times, our support did not have the 3rd updated github, it looks like we had the second one and it was being delisted during this version of the wallet. When you withdrew your coins most likely you had the updated version that C-CEX was not made aware of, nor the 3rd thread for that coin for that matter. The responsibility of updated wallets relies on developer communication, usually the process is dev team contacts the exchange and pools to update. This did not occur so more than likely your coins were on the wrong fork when withdrawn. I need to confirm this with support when they return to the office, all signs point to this being the cause of the issue. In the future we will develop a plan to make sure people are notified in multiple ways of delistings.

edit: Please post the updated github and I will pass this on personally to support, if the coins are salvageable then you will get them after updating.

demoniality (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:22:32 PM

LATEST GITHUB: https://github.com/Bushstar/UFO-Project

I would appreicate it if constant updates are given as your support team both via tickets and skype stopped responding to us for days leading to the logical conclusion (when factored in with others negative experiences) that the coins were stolen by the exchange.

sixteendigits

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:25:58 PM

What is your policy on closing the accounts of those you owe BTC to?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: