Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:41:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: C-Cex Exchange (@CryptoCurrEncyX) Scam Warning, Witholding Delisted Coins  (Read 10666 times)
Dze

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:38:39 PM

UPDATE 20/08/2014: ' PRIDE' OF C-CEX RESPONDED TO RESPONDED TO ME IN THE C-CEX TROLLBOX, WENT INTO THE OTHER EXCHANGES THAT SELL UFO COIN AND REUMBURSED ME OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET. I WAS VERY SURPRISED. THERE WAS SOME DEFINITE UNPROFESSIONALISM WITH MY SUPPORT BEING SWITCHED OFF BUT IT SEEMS THE SENIOR OWNER(S) ON THERE DO HAVE A MORAL COMPASS. C-CEX'S DELISTING POLICY IS STILL VERY UNFORGIVING SO DO TRADE WITH CAUTION IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THEM.

Yes our new policy is very strict as the sea of altcoins washes over crypto so must C-CEX adapt to the changing climate. If you have coins on our exchange that are less than .3 btc volume for 2 weeks straight they will be delisted, there will be the normal warnings made to ensure people have time to remove their coins still. I reimbursed demoniality with 4.4 mil coins instead of the 3.2 mil he was needing to show our apologies. If anyone on this thread has coins that can be purchased at another exchange then please PM me with the details of your ticket and an exchange the particular coins can be purchased from. In the email I will need your C-CEX user name as well to verify the ticket. Once these are all taken care of moving forward everyone is now aware of the aggressive approach we now take to eliminate low volume coins and there should be no issues further. Thank you, and I hope we can better serve everyone in the future.

Pride-C-CEX I have sent you a PM (on: August 23, 2014), can you please answer?

I had some Viacoins on c-cex and while I was on vacation it was delisted. C-cex listed Viacoin on 18-07-2014 and decided to delist it on 28-07-2014, didnt even wait 2 weeks before deciding to delist it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Punktonic

Activity: 22

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:29:23 PM

I seem to remember requesting a withdrawal of some coins I had that they delisted when they had a page for it.  I never got them.  When I did send in a support ticket all I got was an email saying they no longer do that and telling me that they announce it on their Twitter account 7 days before.

I can't see myself ever depositing anything on this site again.  The idea of me having to log in every day, or constantly check their Twitter to know whether or not I'll lose my coins is so ridiculous.  

I think I should be able to deposit something, put in a standing order to buy or sell at a price I like, and not have to worry about my deposit disappearing because I don't monitor their Twitter account.

This exchange is just crap.    Super crap.

It's insulting that they actually think the community won't see the scam here.  Sure the coin's not trading well and there's not much interest so it has no significant value, for the time being at least.  But they still have massive balances of the coins they delisted they can sell themselves on other exchanges, profiting from ripping off their customers.  

I can't tell if I'm more offended by their scheme, or by their aloof attitude towards my requests.

Why carry a coin at all if you're going to delist it two weeks later?  Why not carry a coin with some commitment to carrying the coin?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:36:28 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 07:56:29 PM by Amph

what is the minimum volume before a coin get delisted?
Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:28:00 PM

UPDATE 20/08/2014: ' PRIDE' OF C-CEX RESPONDED TO RESPONDED TO ME IN THE C-CEX TROLLBOX, WENT INTO THE OTHER EXCHANGES THAT SELL UFO COIN AND REUMBURSED ME OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET. I WAS VERY SURPRISED. THERE WAS SOME DEFINITE UNPROFESSIONALISM WITH MY SUPPORT BEING SWITCHED OFF BUT IT SEEMS THE SENIOR OWNER(S) ON THERE DO HAVE A MORAL COMPASS. C-CEX'S DELISTING POLICY IS STILL VERY UNFORGIVING SO DO TRADE WITH CAUTION IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THEM.

Yes our new policy is very strict as the sea of altcoins washes over crypto so must C-CEX adapt to the changing climate. If you have coins on our exchange that are less than .3 btc volume for 2 weeks straight they will be delisted, there will be the normal warnings made to ensure people have time to remove their coins still. I reimbursed demoniality with 4.4 mil coins instead of the 3.2 mil he was needing to show our apologies. If anyone on this thread has coins that can be purchased at another exchange then please PM me with the details of your ticket and an exchange the particular coins can be purchased from. In the email I will need your C-CEX user name as well to verify the ticket. Once these are all taken care of moving forward everyone is now aware of the aggressive approach we now take to eliminate low volume coins and there should be no issues further. Thank you, and I hope we can better serve everyone in the future.

Pride-C-CEX I have sent you a PM (on: August 23, 2014), can you please answer?

I had some Viacoins on c-cex and while I was on vacation it was delisted. C-cex listed Viacoin on 18-07-2014 and decided to delist it on 28-07-2014, didnt even wait 2 weeks before deciding to delist it.

have you your coins back?

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:31:06 PM

what is the minimum volume before a coin get delisted?

which is nowhere to bitterex it is set, it should be based on it.

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
demoniality (OP)

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:31:53 PM

Having got over the elation of getting my coins back, I have come back round to thinking the delisting policy is basicly theft. There is no reason to not allow you to withdraw delisted coins, weeks, months after they are no longer tradeable. Other exchanges do not take your coins once delisted. Two reasons for this;

1. C-Cex are a two-bit operation that chooses to keep costs low by 'employing' few staff or to maintain extra wallets (this is no excuse)
2. It is thinly veiled operation of theft which probably isn't even openly discussed amongst staff but the ones profiting will know the reason for maintaining such a hostile delisting policy.

I will reiterate though 'pride' at that exchange does seem to care about returning peoples coins. Sometimes it's not as black and white as we would like, there is probably mixture of good and bad actors at ccex.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
lovewiki

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

Share Love

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2014, 06:41:52 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2014, 02:35:20 PM by lovewiki

Who else can really get their coins back from Pride of C-CEX?

In my case I posted here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=739473.msg8525249#msg8525249, got one PM from Pride of C-CEX saying he would be helping, and then nothing else.

It seems Pride of C-CEX either forgets his promises or don't mind losing their customers any more.

Today I PM'ed Pride of C-CEX again as I find I lose my SPN holdings on this exchange  Sad So now I have 3 different altcoins lost on c-cex. They are delisted coins Thor, TRL and SPN.

Before I can get back all my coins, I will have to warn everybody to stay away from kind of this exchange.

UPDATE: Since SPN is returned to c-cex and I can see my SPN balance back in my account (as of September 24), now I remain to have 2 different altcoins (Thor and TRL) lost on c-cex.

Register for FREE Bitcoin!
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 07:06:07 PM

This was my concern once they started getting real volume. I worry his earlier efforts may have been to protect the exchange from being effectively blacklisted by the community, it was a crucial point in its future. Now it is getting some huge volume of some coins they need not worry anymore and aren't responding. This is an operation not dissimilar to cryptorush.

virtfund

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:14:24 AM

C-cex was one of my favorite exchanges a while ago. I hope this gets cleared up.
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2014, 06:21:09 AM

We currently have a 2 week policy on all altcoins, if they under perform in volume during a 2 week period they are de-listed. I'm sure traders can understand that due to the amount of coins created and the speed at which they are abandoned is roughly 2 weeks unless the coin shows longevity. As to the issue you had there is always a tweet sent out with the list of coins that are going to be taken off the exchange. This same list appears on the C-CEX site as well. We are working on a solution to email every registered user a list of coins that will be de-listed to help increase awareness, but beyond this the responsibility to remove coins obviously falls on the user to withdraw before we remove the wallets off our servers to make room for future additions.

I apologize for the inconveniences our policies may cause, they were born out of necessity and the changing culture of crypto currency.
Do not try that, you have been promising me my coins for weeks, citing problems are syncing the blockchain as the issue. Now you are trying to slide your stance over to 'once they are delisted you lose them' aka 'once they are delisted we sell them elsewhere'. I put in a withdrawal for my coins when the option was still there and you still haven't returned them to me. All because you claim you couldn't sync you wallet on a blockchain that has dedicated nodes, which you could have done literally several hundred times between my ticket opening and now. What's your response? Why are you ignoring our support tickets?

One moment I'll look up your ticket to verify some information, we are not "trying" anything this is the policy. If the wallet was not syncing then it was not syncing there is no purpose or reason to deceive and if you think C-CEX would risk their name over .00000001 satoshi then you are mistaken.

Nothing is mistaken.

C-Cex owes me 7.9 million UFO coins/or more in satoshis not 1 satoshi ( not the meager 0.00000001 satoshi).  I got it at depressed prices when you delisted the coin. At the present market no one would be willing to sell it at 100X that value unless in a great quantity; therefore, it is worth at least 10 satoshis a coin even at a fire sale. Any body can easily buy 0.1 million UFOcoins at 1 satoshi each but that price won't happen (- even so it is still a total of 0.001 not 0.00000001 satoshis for that purchase.)

Count it right then you would understand the values,

and do the right things,
and nothing would be mistaken.

See below.

C-cex was one of my favorite exchanges a while ago. I hope this gets cleared up.

Not yet !!

Pride @C-Cex PM'd me on August 23, 2014, that he needed "more" time and that he would keep his promise to return my 7.9 Million UFOcoins.

I told him that he had better do it fast; otherwise, It could be very, very costly when the UFOcoin gets listed on another exchange site.

It is going to be another month.

I hope he would have listened. I am documenting here just to show that he should not say later that nobody tells him that.

===================================
No one complains about trading @C-Cex. I liked it so much that I kept on buying and buying and I got 7.9 million UFOcoins, not realizing that I was in a roach motel.
-----------------------------------
I have repeatedly mentioned in the "Delisted coins" tickets to C-Cex at that time, and warned them before a hard fork at the UFOcoin; therefore, they cannot claim that they cannot sync the UFOcoin wallet (that was the very last message I got from the answer to the open ticket at that time) in order to return my coins.

In short, despite their policy, they cannot guarantee returning of your coins only when their wallet was not working (such as when it becomes a dead crypto); they wanted to wait a month so that by the "monthly delist coin" session the blockchain stucks and the coin is dead and they do not need to do anything.

That's not the case for the UFOcoin.

I have complete backup copies of their answers to my open Ticket for the then-delisted UFO coins.  They answered my requests to reopen the ticket in very misleading ways, such as saying that I could go to the section and withdraw the coins myself; in fact they did not establish any process for me to do that.

They misled, misled and misled.

----------------------------------------------
  It is not the policy that is the issue.

When You mislead the whole things, in pure English word that defines "Deceit."

----------------------------------------------

I want to say here again. Pride and everyone @C-Cex, 

Don't wait until the UFOcoin becomes very costly. I would not spend it for pizzas or fried rice now.
-----------------------------------------------

You had better understand this.

demoniality (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:51:16 PM

I have tweeted them again with the link to this page to try and bring their priorities back maintaining ethics.

fish731

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:31:13 AM

There is no reason to not allow you to withdraw delisted coins, weeks, months after they are no longer tradeable. Other exchanges do not take your coins once delisted. Two reasons for this;

Bittrex only gives 14 days to remove any funds before they shut down the wallet.

After a market is deleted, you will have 14 days to remove your funds before we shut down the wallet (provided the blockchain permits it.)

virtapayseller666

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:07:56 AM

C-cex was one of my favorite exchanges a while ago

i always use this website never scam with me

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
demoniality (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:05:51 PM

Bittrex only gives 14 days to remove any funds before they shut down the wallet.

Stating the obvious? When it was delisted i instantaneously made a request to withdraw my funds. This is not a one-off, hundreds of people have had their withdrawal requests ignored and coins taken, when requested within the 14 days.

Regardless, think rationally, there is no need to have a time window on withdrawals. This is just a trap. Other exchanges let you withdraw delisted coins at any point after delisting.

demoniality (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:09:02 PM

No offence, but it is painfully obvious that there are users that have traded on ccex without problems, otherwise the exchange wouldn't be used and this thread wouldn't need to exist. This is for discussion of people's problems with the exchange, not good experiences.

virtapayseller666

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:39:36 PM

No offence, but it is painfully obvious that there are users that have traded on ccex without problems, otherwise the exchange wouldn't be used and this thread wouldn't need to exist. This is for discussion of people's problems with the exchange, not good experiences.

what type of problems faced ?

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
lovewiki

Activity: 271

Share Love

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 02:50:37 PM

what type of problems faced ?

Short answer: The problem is that many people cannot get back their coins after delisting on c-cex.

More details can be found on the first post of this thread written by demoniality.

Of course different people have different stories, and you can read them all here. For my case, I think the root cause is that c-cex suddenly decided to change their delisting policy some weeks ago.

Register for FREE Bitcoin!
abs

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 05:15:43 PM

Fun! I just received this response from c-cex support:

Hello! We are very sorry, but we make announce 7 days before delisting in twitter, chat and on main trading page ("Important news") and highlighting coins with red color to let customers withdraw coins we are going to delist. Then we remove markets and give 3 more days for withdrawals. Coins retreival after that is not possible. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

So basically, if you are on vacation for 10 days, they just take all your coin and never return it, even though they feel "very sorry." If only there was a way to leave the wallet on the server for a few more weeks, or have support initiate a manual transaction instead of feeling "very sorry," but I am sure the incremental costs would be so prohibitive that, no matter how sorry these crooks feel, they just can't find any way of returning coins to their rightful owners.
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2014, 10:46:15 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2014, 03:39:41 PM by DOGEbubble

Fun! I just received this response from c-cex support:

Hello! We are very sorry, but we make announce 7 days before delisting in twitter, chat and on main trading page ("Important news") and highlighting coins with red color to let customers withdraw coins we are going to delist. Then we remove markets and give 3 more days for withdrawals. Coins retreival after that is not possible. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks!

So basically, if you are on vacation for 10 days, they just take all your coin and never return it, even though they feel "very sorry." If only there was a way to leave the wallet on the server for a few more weeks, or have support initiate a manual transaction instead of feeling "very sorry," but I am sure the incremental costs would be so prohibitive that, no matter how sorry these crooks feel, they just can't find any way of returning coins to their rightful owners.

It appears that way now but it was not like that back 2 months ago. The words in the posting of  the C-Cex "Policy" have changed. What they are saying now do not give them immunity from claims to return cryptocoins to their holders at that time. They were saying that C-Cex do not guarantee returning of coins in the posting at that times ( but that would only apply to fire, theft or natural disaster of sorts) but incompetence or malpractice of business should not be one of the excuses.

Otherwise, as I stated above, at that time they would not have me, demoniality and others to wait for the 
                         "monthly delist coins section"  where, when the time came, I was told at one time to get there to withdraw my UFOcoins myself; later, their words changed. They said, " Damn! (Linux) wallet not syncing."  

Everyone in the cryptocurrency world knows that it is a lie.  Any body can take that wallet.dat file,  copy it into any UFO wallet Client, Sync it and recover those coins. Their Damn!"Linux" wallet-Not-Syncing excuse is outright baloney.

I do not accept that craps. I started to learn programming by using a punched tape to run on a minicomputer back in 1972. I see deeply through what they are doing. I have yet to see them correcting the problems.

I thought Pride @ C-Cex would be an angel in this brutal & bloodless coin world, even just for his thought of starting to do something; but I have yet to see him keeping his promise or someone at the C-Cex correcting the problems.

demoniality (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 12:32:12 AM

We need to start tweeting this thread to the popular twitter users who really do make or break exchanges. This is so blatant it cannot be allowed to happen anymore. Rightly, C-Cex's reputation needs to be ruined. As a community we can achieve this. Get spreading the word.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: