Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bter hacked and lost 50m nxt  (Read 25434 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 01:58:42 AM

Here is an article on the BTER hack:

http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0814/cryptocurrpbterjob.htm

Long but interesting. The rumour in the Crypti thread is that the BTER dev flew to Canada to present info about the hacker to the RCMP as the hacker supposedly lives in Canada.
Way to give the alleged hacker a heads-up...

=squeak=

Canada ? LOL

since when do Hackers get arrested ?
how many hacks have happened ? how many arrests ?

do you brain dead fucking morons know what the words FREE MARKET means ?
Fuck you should.. you chant it all the time like your fucking god damn mantra hahahha
hey whiny little hypocrites.. you can't cry "free market" to defend your PONZI SCHEMES which is what NXT is in the first place to cry "hack" to the cops..
I wouldn't be surprised if the RCMP arrested the faggots pushing the NXT pyramid scheme for federal fraud a worse crime than alleged hacking.

NO REGULATION !
I want to sucker in victims into my ponzi scheme !
Oh but if hackers exploit my ponzi scheme i want the cops called ROFOFLOLFOLFOLF

FUCKING STUPID PATHETIC IDIOTS AHHAHAHAHAH

good luck with that dipshits.. let me know how that works out for you
oh and next time don't invest in a scam coin babies and who the fuck pays a hacker 400 Bitcoin ransom ? wow you people are fucking dumb !

edit:
oh and if BTER wants to know what my IP address is just check the BTER accounts Greenhorn and Greenhorn1 Wink
I have had nothing to do with any hacking bullshit.. never have.

FUD first & ask questions later™
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 02:11:54 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 02:24:34 AM by instacash

Fuck you should.. you chant it all the time like your fucking god damn mantra hahahha
hey whiny little hypocrites.. you can't cry "free market" to defend your PONZI SCHEMES which is what NXT is in the first place to cry "hack" to the cops..
I wouldn't be surprised if the RCMP arrested the faggots pushing the NXT pyramid scheme for federal fraud a worse crime than alleged hacking.

NO REGULATION !
Oh but if hackers exploit my ponzi scheme i want the cops called ROFOFLOLFOLFOLF

A hacker gained access to BTER's system and stole approximately $1M in crypto funds which is indeed serious (cyber) crime. Now BTER, as a company, is going after the hacker which is perfectly legitimate and has nothing to do with NXT technology.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:13:45 AM

NO REGULATION !

A hacker gained access to BTER's system and stole approximately $1M in crypto funds which is indeed serious (cyber) crime. Now BTER, as a company, is going after the hacker which is perfectly legitimate and has nothing to do with NXT technology.

are you high on crack ? what part of Free Market do you scam pushers not get ?
you are here to fuck people in the ass for money 24/7 but the second you get a hack or something you cry for the police.. your retards !

So uhh was Mark arrested ?
Anyone ? ever ?

and yeah i welcome it bring on the cops i wanna see these worms scatter like little chicken shits.. it woudl amuse me to no end Smiley

please do call the RCMP this pure fuckin lol'z
want me to call them myself ? lol

instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:15:38 AM

are you high on crack ? what part of Free Market do you scam pushers not get ?
you are here to fuck people in the ass for money 24/7 but the second you get a hack or something you cry for the police.. your retards !

(...)

Not sure what kind of mental breakdown you're having right now.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:23:15 AM

how was BTER hacked ?

you mean they left an easy password on account they claim and now they are calling the cops ?
the cops will laugh /the end

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:25:41 AM

how was BTER hacked ?

you mean they left an easy password on account they claim and now they are calling the cops ?
who said anyone is calling the cops?  did u forget to take ur ritalin spoetnik?
if I was BTER i would shoot the hacker and you afterwards, 2 annoying flies with one catch Smiley

~CfA~

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:10:26 AM

how was BTER hacked ?

if I was BTER i would shoot the hacker and you afterwards, 2 annoying flies with one catch Smiley

~CfA~

read the topic.. same page, scroll up (about the RCMP) = Royal Canadian Mounted Police

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:45:25 AM

how was BTER hacked ?

~CfA~

read the topic.. same page, scroll up (about the RCMP) = Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Yeah. might need to point out that it's (allegedly) Lin from BTER who's flying all over the world, chasing TOR nodes and calling in the RCMP.
As a private citizen (and owner/operator of the exchange wot got robbed) he can do whatever the fuck he likes to chase down the thief.

His actions have sod-all to do with NXT, we've already made our choices on the hack: take the hit and carry on.
We've got most of the funds back, and BTER is out of a nasty situation that could have bankrupted/killed them.....instead they're raking in the profit on BTSX right now.
 Cool Cool And we did it all the hard way, without taking the cheat option of rolling back.   Cool Cool

Right now, NXT is stable, even with BitSharesX zooming up the charts, so I'm not losing any sleep.
Long term, guys....we're only 9 months in so far.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 10:48:54 AM

I am still wondering why NXT?
EvilDave

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:04:02 AM

@ChuckOne

Hacker just took the good stuff.....NXT and BTC  Grin

ChuckOne

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:08:22 AM

@ChuckOne

I was thinking the same. Cheesy

But I guess this is wishful thinking. Wink
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 11:35:16 AM

@ChuckOne

I was thinking the same. Cheesy

But I guess this is wishful thinking. Wink

At the time, some of the top traded coins on there were NXT, BitsharesX, XCR and then things like DRK, DOGE, LTC etc. Wouldn't have got many DRK coins I doubt given it's price. I think most people consider LTC/DOGE "dieing" so they seem to overlook them, plus again with LTC, you wouldn't have got a lot of coins.  XCR hadn't even launched it's mainnet (the theft actually delayed it) so not like he could have stole that one. So really it comes down to NXT and BitsharesX.  I probably would have went for NXT as well since BitsharesX is brand new.  If you can believe anything the hacker said, he/she did say they believed in NXT.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 03:21:00 PM

Update on the last 8million NXT? Did Bter receive it?

Bter must be rich to absorb the 330 BTC payout.
It's cause them a lot of pain. They've now made loans from Nxt whales to cover it.

Did he hack BTC? I thought the only BTC he got was that paid by Bter as ransom for NXT.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 02:58:59 AM

I am still wondering why NXT?

ya soon as i heard this i wanted to know that too and a guy told me here on my BTER hacked poll topic
that it was because they had that coin left on a server with the bad password.. true or what i dunno but it does seem like a reasonable excuse i guess.
Like they had moved over other coins to other servers with better passwords or something but that NXT one was left over on another server i think sort of..

reference..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740504.msg8369149#msg8369149

rumor ?

The Bter guy in charge of the servers had used the same password for all the hosting accounts and perhaps more. He was in the midst of installing two-factor authentication, but he hadn't gotten around to the server holding the Nxt at the time of the robbery. There's been a little speculation that it was a sort-of inside job by an ex-employee or associate, but that's just unfounded rumour.

ChuckOne

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:55:12 PM

Interesting.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:38:07 PM

a lack of loud and clear facts on what happened will decimate all players involved.

there NOTHING more important than timely disclosure !

either they get on it LOUD AND CLEAR or suffer the consequences. (a bad reputation)

From Above

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:39:41 PM

a lack of loud and clear facts on what happened will decimate all players involved.

there NOTHING more important than timely disclosure !

either they get on it LOUD AND CLEAR or suffer the consequences. (a bad reputation)
+1 CFA APPROVED SPOETNIK APPROVED !

~CfA~

EvilDave

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:03:49 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112356/exclusive-key-negotiator-in-bter-nxt-hack-speaks-out

You called, gentlemen?

Here is a very big pile of facts on the BTER hack and subsequent investigation/negotiations.
Enjoy......

From Above

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:06:22 AM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112356/exclusive-key-negotiator-in-bter-nxt-hack-speaks-out

You called, gentlemen?

Here is a very big pile of facts on the BTER hack and subsequent investigation/negotiations.
Enjoy......

evil dave why dont u write a novel about nxt and its scammy operations ?

do u think i will read this long report when it will defend ur little ponzi fuck scheme to make us invest money in this thing ?  do u really think were that stupid man ? Lol come on.

first u get fucked with the BTER hacker but what did the hacker do. he took a little bit of ur ponzi scheme. U USED THIS to make millions now what a guy is smart and hacks in and gets a little measly 8 million he is the criminal mastermind not U?   LOL  id support this hacker any day i hope he does it again

~CfA~

EvilDave

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:51:19 AM

lol...really.

You're missing the central point here: we've explained it to you about a zillion times, but here goes one more time:

NXT is an innovative, groundbreaking system that has changed the face of crypto as you know it:
Proof of Stake, IPO, Asset Exchanges, DAC, smart contracts, cross-chain trading, decentralised marketplaces: NXT has helped pioneer all of it.
And you can buy stuff with it.......did i mention the solid open-source software and extensive network infrastructure?

Look at www.coinmarketcap.com:

NXT at #5,   $28.5 million cap.
Then we have the NXT-based assets:
Nxttycoin at #24,   $1.7 million cap
NEMstake at #47,    $0.6 million cap
jl777hodl at #48,  $0.6 million cap
Fuzon at #88,   $0.15 milllion cap

Then add in the NXT clones/copies:

Crypti, Qora, Bilshares ( Cheesy ) FIMKrypto, NAS, NFD, NTX.....and NEM.

So, add in a serious,active community, a good dev team and some hard work, and you have NXT.
Like it or not, we're here for the long term, and we've proved that again and again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: