Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:30:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bter hacked and lost 50m nxt  (Read 25434 times)
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:56:10 AM

innovative blalblalblalblalbla ROFL

words to suck in the poor ppl with ur garbage into ur little ponzi

and just along the line

dandydave why do u have 'nextroad' drugs shares in ur adress Huh?

what drug did u buy today ?

http://blocks.nxtcrypto.org/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=3000&acc=1580825311588963305&switch=200

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 06:38:21 AM

a lack of loud and clear facts on what happened will decimate all players involved.

there NOTHING more important than timely disclosure !

either they get on it LOUD AND CLEAR or suffer the consequences. (a bad reputation)
+1 CFA APPROVED SPOETNIK APPROVED !

~CfA~

thanks for the support and whether any of us agree with each other or like each other etc
for the good of crypto this is a point i think that needs to be stressed..
some exchanges have frustrated me endlessly with their severe lack of communication and it led to me dropping some permanently.
I don't think i will ever use Cryptsy again for that reason (not just because they banned me from chat for a year, it's because i just don't trust them)

and hey if BTER cant say anything because of an ongoing investigation that is fine too but keep us updated and tell us what happened *when you can.

Do NOT sweep hacks under the rug !
It is suicide in the crypto world !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:23:02 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 07:33:04 AM by Spoetnik

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112356/exclusive-key-negotiator-in-bter-nxt-hack-speaks-out
Reading that story just make me think more than ever that it's all been a scam.
That story posted is NOT plausible.

And i REALLY love the incessant cocky fucking smug big shot attitude from NXT guys
who all claim to have these big titles like Official NXT Lawyer.. CEO..  Roll Eyes
Who is the Chairman of the NXT clone coin board in charge of marketing and spam ?
..fire him lol

and you guys said stuff like this..
It was obvious from the profiling we had made of the hacker that he thought he was smart and cunning.

seems to me the only information i see posted is that YOU GUYS think YOUR "smart and cunning"
nothing was posted quoting the hacker to imply that persona at all.. and that is just one aspect of numerous
where there is massive gaping holes in the story.. almost makes me wonder of the NXT community are just dumb patsies being played by BTER

You said you guys with your advanced elite skills deduced with your immense psychological powers that the hacker was (and i quote)

"We had a credible profile: young male, late twenties to early thirties, computer expert,
    very proud of his act and egocentric"

That is cute LOL
You mean you guessed that the guy is prob the largest demo in crypto ?
uhhhh duh ?  Roll Eyes

It reminds me of when i did the same thing to the guy who exploited Cryptsy on the psuedo-hack of Points on Cryptsy
and how i got him to start talking about it on Chat.. using the SAME method ..a dumb method LOL
trying to trick the bad guy into admitting his crimes and bragging is not some secret trick ..gimme a fucking break  Roll Eyes

This story stinks .. bad !

I just don't buy it sorry.

This has the smell of a cover up story nothing more.. and not planned out by guys very smart either.
I encourage people to read it and look for missing parts of info or to question how or why parts of it came to be.. look for the gaps of missing info.

I have to admit i still don't see WHY they (BTER) would do this but i have not tried to run the numbers yet..
maybe BTER made a lot of money on this i don't know.. i need to look at it closely and break it down.

You know i could believe you guys caught a STUPID hacker but this guy would have to be the stupidest hacker in human history !
The whole story of what happened just does not seem plausible or realistic in the slightest.
You have a hacker who stole almost 2 million dollars in coins with various techniques such as "profiling" his victim online etc
and yet he is SO stupid he goes on Skype ? uhh no i don't think so LOL

Yeah i know hackers and i know some world famous hackers and the guys i know ALL 100% got away with it all and have never been caught !
REAL hackers are NOT stupid.
In order to acquire the expertise in hacking you inevitably acquire the skills to cover your tracks and protects yourself.
And what you have here is a guy who was a bad ass hacker who ripped off BTER for 2 million dollars
yet made NO EFFORT to cover his tracks and basically contacted the world with his full info..

and tell me Bitcointalk.. answer this for me..
Would YOU yourself steal 2 million dollars usd from a company then make no effort to cover your tracks ?
Would you go on Skype to negotiate with the person you hacked or a 3rd party (because Lin from BTER was too stressed LOL)
ANY HACKER ON EARTH knows damn well that if you steal 2 million dollars the FBI would be knocking on Skype doors with a warrant for the private info.
So why would you do it ?
Simple it didn't happen  Cheesy
edit: or it did happen but was faked out.

I also have seen some pretty sketchy and scammy bullshit from BTER myself and and had it confirmed by MANY other guys.
They are not trust worthy.

I think they pulled a GOX.
They seen prices tanking and thought now is the time !
They wanted make sure they get rich and cash out before prices tanked too far etc.. just like good ole Mark.

A lot of idiots are going to get burned and i warned you all over and over.. what did i say ?
That guys would cash out and leave and they would rip someone off on the way out the crypto-door Wink
Don't be low hanging fruit my gullible little idiot bag holders LOL

NXT + BTER ? not a god damn chance in hell.. not getting my money that is for fucking damn sure !

edit:
oh and by the way how plausible is it the dev on BTER used a password that he previously used on some other site that the hacker compromised ?
2FA ? it was implemented except on THAT ONE ACCOUNT ?
Do you all buy this fucking shit ? ..gimme a fucking break  Roll Eyes

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:44:04 AM

(huge blablabla that no one read)
NXT + BTER ? not a god damn chance in hell.. not getting my money that is for fucking damn sure !

The only victim is BTER.
No one else lost money.

Is anyone else lost money ?
Anyone ?

No.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 03:52:13 PM

The only victim is BTER.
No one else lost money.

Anyone ?

No.

bullshit !

and why did you respond to the middle of my comment if no one is reading it ?

congrats you evaded answering any part of it except that and your response was hollow and empty.
You can start off by backing it with some facts and by telling us all how many NXT you have right now Wink
Rumors, conjecture, speculation and heresy are not facts by the way..

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:28:12 PM

http://cointelegraph.com/news/112356/exclusive-key-negotiator-in-bter-nxt-hack-speaks-out

Yeah, but you do seem to have the world view that almost everything is a scam, so thats not a surprise.

And i REALLY love the incessant cocky fucking smug big shot attitude from NXT guys
who all claim to have these big titles like Official NXT Lawyer.. CEO..  Roll Eyes
Who is the Chairman of the NXT clone coin board in charge of marketing and spam ?
..fire him lol

There are no titles in NXT, because NXT is a de-centralised and leaderless organisation. No CEOS, no Vice Presidents in charge of marketing....
On the other hand, no-one is gonna stop you calling yourself whatever the hell you like......do you want the positon of Extraordinary Ambassador-in-Chief to the Kingdom of NXTitania ? Its yours.
Dom P has a business outside NXT: CFA Consulting. He's the CEO. Of CFA Consulting. Not NXT.

It was obvious from the profiling we had made of the hacker that he thought he was smart and cunning.

seems to me the only information i see posted is that YOU GUYS think YOUR "smart and cunning"
nothing was posted quoting the hacker to imply that persona at all.. and that is just one aspect of numerous
where there is massive gaping holes in the story.. almost makes me wonder of the NXT community are just dumb patsies being played by BTER

You said you guys with your advanced elite skills deduced with your immense psychological powers that the hacker was (and i quote)

"We had a credible profile: young male, late twenties to early thirties, computer expert,

That is cute LOL
uhhhh duh ?  Roll Eyes

Dom P worked up a psych profile of the thief. Using a psychologist. Like you do, when you're chasing hard-to-find thieves.
Some of the conclusions from the psych profile are hardly surprising, like the age and sex, but stating the obvious ain't really a crime.
And, in the end, all that work paid off.

It reminds me of when i did the same thing to the guy who exploited Cryptsy on the psuedo-hack of Points on Cryptsy
and how i got him to start talking about it on Chat.. using the SAME method ..a dumb method LOL
trying to trick the bad guy into admitting his crimes and bragging is not some secret trick ..gimme a fucking break  Roll Eyes

Not the same thing, NXTs thief was more than happy to admit his crime, negotiating to get the funds back was the hard part.

This has the smell of a cover up story nothing more.. and not planned out by guys very smart either.
I encourage people to read it and look for missing parts of info or to question how or why parts of it came to be.. look for the gaps of missing info.

Yep, check out very aspect. There's more than enough information, more than enough witnesses involved. The story above covers it all pretty well, IMHO, but anyone is free to check out the evidence....most of it is on the Interwebs somewhere.

I have to admit i still don't see WHY they (BTER) would do this but i have not tried to run the numbers yet..
maybe BTER made a lot of money on this i don't know.. i need to look at it closely and break it down.

I can't see BTER trying to bankrupt themselves with a move like this. The biz seems to be running well, they have no visible reason to do a GOX.

You know i could believe you guys caught a STUPID hacker but this guy would have to be the stupidest hacker in human history !
The whole story of what happened just does not seem plausible or realistic in the slightest.
You have a hacker who stole almost 2 million dollars in coins with various techniques such as "profiling" his victim online etc

Yeah i know hackers and i know some world famous hackers and the guys i know ALL 100% got away with it all and have never been caught !
In order to acquire the expertise in hacking you inevitably acquire the skills to cover your tracks and protects yourself.
And what you have here is a guy who was a bad ass hacker who ripped off BTER for 2 million dollars
yet made NO EFFORT to cover his tracks and basically contacted the world with his full info..

Ummm...what info ? We haven't caught him, just got most of the NXT back.
So far, I'm not seeing a viable suspect. The guy VPN'ed in from all over the world, covering his tracks pretty well so far.

Would YOU yourself steal 2 million dollars usd from a company then make no effort to cover your tracks ?
Would you go on Skype to negotiate with the person you hacked or a 3rd party (because Lin from BTER was too stressed LOL)
ANY HACKER ON EARTH knows damn well that if you steal 2 million dollars the FBI would be knocking on Skype doors with a warrant for the private info.
So why would you do it ?

I also have seen some pretty sketchy and scammy bullshit from BTER myself and and had it confirmed by MANY other guys.

They wanted make sure they get rich and cash out before prices tanked too far etc.. just like good ole Mark.

A lot of idiots are going to get burned and i warned you all over and over.. what did i say ?
That guys would cash out and leave and they would rip someone off on the way out the crypto-door Wink

Probably don't need your money, TBH, think BTER might have earned enough in the last week on BTSX.
I'm not a BTER fan, btw, but I just can't see this as a BTER conspiracy. More like a BTER fuck-up with the basics of password security.

edit:
oh and by the way how plausible is it the dev on BTER used a password that he previously used on some other site that the hacker compromised ?
Lin used the same password for almost everything, he's admitted as such. Not smart, but hopefully he (and others) will learn a lesson from this.

Yeah, I pretty much buy all of the Dom P story...saw some of it happen myself, spoke to other people involved.
Anyhow, enjoy going over my point-for-point critique.
Green bits are mine.....

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
From Above

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 04:41:34 PM

'There are no titles in NXT, because NXT is a de-centralised and leaderless organisation'

LOL dandy dave give us fecking break my little friend. there r like 3 ppl in NXT (trinity approach ..dem are all in fact only 1) who create this scheme and who develop all that
or do u wanna tell me u r the developer ?  are u just another of BcNexT alt accz trying to hype poor ppl in ur scam ?

btw nobody give a shit about ur shitty article too long to read
u should be very glad spoetnik read it and smacked it down for u with the truth.

~CfA~

EvilDave

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:13:34 PM

jeez....dat BCnext must be one busy dude:

www.nxtforum.org

Look what he made, all on his own......

From Above

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:16:18 PM

jeez....dat BCnext must be one busy dude:

www.nxtforum.org

Look what he made, all on his own......

my friend im gonna be very polite with u Kiss.   i like u i just dont like the nxt game u know Kiss

dont u know that

BCNext
Come-from-Beyond
Jean-Luc

is trinity of Matrix ? https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tpинити_(Maтpицa) ?   they r all the same one and the same and they made this asset shares game

dat forum u say dem r just ppl like u and me playing with trinitys nifty game Smiley

~CfA~

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:01:30 AM

The only victim is BTER.
No one else lost money.
Anyone ?
No.
bullshit !
congrats you evaded answering any part of it except that and your response was hollow and empty.
You can start off by backing it with some facts and by telling us all how many NXT you have right now Wink

Let's keep on the track. You can have your opinion on things, no problem at all.
I am telling you that no one lost money during the recent BTER hack exept BTER.
That's the most important fact you should consider before starting a soap opera.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:36:43 AM

The only victim is BTER.
No one else lost money.
Anyone ?
No.
bullshit !

Let's keep on the track. You can have your opinion on things, no problem at all.
That's the most important fact you should consider before starting a soap opera.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:39:00 AM

..fire him lol

That is cute LOL
uhhhh duh ?  Roll Eyes

So why would you do it ?

edit:

I posted this because i think it's true not because i am starting a soap opera
and if anyone is guilty of that it's BTER !
read what i said.. analytical reasoning.
Don't be a silly bag holder eating nonsense  Roll Eyes

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:41:15 AM

The only victim is BTER.
No one else lost money.
Anyone ?
No.
bullshit !

Wanna play this game ?
Actually the only invalid argument here is yours.

Sorry.

EvilDave

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:14:48 PM

Yeah, but you do seem to have the world view that almost everything is a scam, so thats not a surprise.

..fire him lol

There are no titles in NXT, because NXT is a de-centralised and leaderless organisation. No CEOS, no Vice Presidents in charge of marketing....
On the other hand, no-one is gonna stop you calling yourself whatever the hell you like......do you want the positon of Extraordinary Ambassador-in-Chief to the Kingdom of NXTitania ? Its yours.
Dom P has a business outside NXT: CFA Consulting. He's the CEO. Of CFA Consulting. Not NXT.

That is cute LOL
uhhhh duh ?  Roll Eyes

Dom P worked up a psych profile of the thief. Using a psychologist. Like you do, when you're chasing hard-to-find thieves.
Some of the conclusions from the psych profile are hardly surprising, like the age and sex, but stating the obvious ain't really a crime.
And, in the end, all that work paid off.

Not the same thing, NXTs thief was more than happy to admit his crime, negotiating to get the funds back was the hard part.

Yep, check out very aspect. There's more than enough information, more than enough witnesses involved. The story above covers it all pretty well, IMHO, but anyone is free to check out the evidence....most of it is on the Interwebs somewhere.

I can't see BTER trying to bankrupt themselves with a move like this. The biz seems to be running well, they have no visible reason to do a GOX.

Ummm...what info ? We haven't caught him, just got most of the NXT back.
So far, I'm not seeing a viable suspect. The guy VPN'ed in from all over the world, covering his tracks pretty well so far.

So why would you do it ?

Probably don't need your money, TBH, think BTER might have earned enough in the last week on BTSX.
I'm not a BTER fan, btw, but I just can't see this as a BTER conspiracy. More like a BTER fuck-up with the basics of password security.

edit:
Lin used the same password for almost everything, he's admitted as such. Not smart, but hopefully he (and others) will learn a lesson from this.

Yeah, I pretty much buy all of the Dom P story...saw some of it happen myself, spoke to other people involved.
Anyhow, enjoy going over my point-for-point critique.
Green bits are mine.....

And...just figured I'd drag this over here, maybe Spoetnik will notice it......or fall over it.

ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:37:03 PM

Use it! Cheesy

https://nxtblocks.info/#section/assets_exchange
https://nxtblocks.info/#section/dgs
rugrats

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:38:52 PM

[...]

I thought this was funny as well, and as I was uploading the image below to Imgur, I read the linked article. Then it stopped being funny.

Amidst talk of making police reports (in China?) and pursuing legal actions (in China?) including on those who repurchased the stolen Nxt (worldwide?), Dom P dropped this bombshell.

A bounty on his head will probably be created soon.

Never mind that Cointelegraph deemed the comment worthy of publication, how can anyone honestly take anything from the article seriously after that?

The people quoted in the article are representing Nxt, and hubris and unrealistic claims aside, they are actually suggesting complicity in a criminal act - murder, specifically.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
EvilDave

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:58:10 PM

"Bounty on his head"

I never read that as meaning anything other than 'bounty on information leading to his/her/its arrest/capture/return of funds'.
Crypto might be the Wild West, but we're not into 'dead or alive' territory yet.....I hope.

Heres the relevant bit from the article:
From now on, one little mistake made by the hacker, and he'll see a jail from the inside. A bounty on his head will probably be created soon.

"Amidst talk of making police reports (in China?) and pursuing legal actions (in China?) including on those who repurchased the stolen Nxt "

Chinese exchange could probably make a police report in China.....seems logical enough, don't see the issue here.

But the bit on repurchasers of stolen NXT needs clarification: he's not referring to trying to trace random (probably totally innocent) buyers who may accidentally end up with  some stolen NXT from an exchange (individual NXT can't be tracked, btw) but he's referring to the couple of people who tried to buy stolen NXT directly from the hacker/thief, using Nxt's built-in messaging feature:
Before we had a chance to talk to the hacker, some people offered him to buy some of the Nxt back at cheap price. This is illegal in most countries and our legal department is working on this on the charge of handling of stolen goods. We advise people who communicated through the blockchain with the goal of getting some cheap Nxt at the expense of the others to come and contact us to seek legal advice and see if a deal can be made to keep them out of trouble. If they don't, BTer will seek them and sue them, which may pay for part of their loss.

rugrats

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 10:19:57 PM

"Bounty on his head"

I never read that as meaning anything other than 'bounty on information leading to his/her/its arrest/capture/return of funds'.
Crypto might be the Wild West, but we're not into 'dead or alive' territory yet.....I hope.

Heres the relevant bit from the article:
From now on, one little mistake made by the hacker, and he'll see a jail from the inside. A bounty on his head will probably be created soon.

"Amidst talk of making police reports (in China?) and pursuing legal actions (in China?) including on those who repurchased the stolen Nxt "

Chinese exchange could probably make a police report in China.....seems logical enough, don't see the issue here.

But the bit on repurchasers of stolen NXT needs clarification: he's not referring to trying to trace random (probably totally innocent) buyers who may accidentally end up with  some stolen NXT from an exchange (individual NXT can't be tracked, btw) but he's referring to the couple of people who tried to buy stolen NXT directly from the hacker/thief, using Nxt's built-in messaging feature:
Before we had a chance to talk to the hacker, some people offered him to buy some of the Nxt back at cheap price. This is illegal in most countries and our legal department is working on this on the charge of handling of stolen goods. We advise people who communicated through the blockchain with the goal of getting some cheap Nxt at the expense of the others to come and contact us to seek legal advice and see if a deal can be made to keep them out of trouble. If they don't, BTer will seek them and sue them, which may pay for part of their loss.

Bounty on his 'head'. I think that's pretty clear cut. Not bounty leading to his arrest, not bounty on information,etc. On his head.

As for the police report, the issue is, will Nxt's self-appointed representative travel to China to make said report? The article implied they, not Bter, are the reporting party, and they will also be pursuing legal action - again, from China?

As for tracking the repurchasing of stolen Nxts, isn't that just an empty boast?
Unless of course Nxt is planning to spend millions of dollars hiring law firms around the globe to compel ISPs and/or domain registrars to divulge the identities anonymous exchange owners and thereafter, compel them to hand over their internal logs followed by another round of court appearances to force ISPs to disclose subscriber details. Multiply that by say, oh, a thousand.

This, of course, assumes that a court in Thailand or Latvia or Bolivia will even accept affidavits from an exchange owner in China about the theft of an experimental cryptocurrency they probably never even heard of before.

Come on, man!

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
EvilDave

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 11:23:43 PM

Bounty on his 'head'. I think that's pretty clear cut. Not bounty leading to his arrest, not bounty on information,etc. On his head.

As for the police report, the issue is, will Nxt's self-appointed representative travel to China to make said report? The article implied they, not Bter, are the reporting party, and they will also be pursuing legal action - again, from China?

As for tracking the repurchasing of stolen Nxts, isn't that just an empty boast?
Unless of course Nxt is planning to spend millions of dollars hiring law firms around the globe to compel ISPs and/or domain registrars to divulge the identities anonymous exchange owners and thereafter, compel them to hand over their internal logs followed by another round of court appearances to force ISPs to disclose subscriber details. Multiply that by say, oh, a thousand.

This, of course, assumes that a court in Thailand or Latvia or Bolivia will even accept affidavits from an exchange owner in China about the theft of an experimental cryptocurrency they probably never even heard of before.

Come on, man!

Rugrats, mon petit:

Maybe it's just Dom P and his French mangling of the English language, but you're getting a couple of points wrong:

You are, so far,  the first guy to assume that 'bounty on his head' actually means 'just his head, in a box'
I know we are horrible, horrible people at Nxt, but the bounty isn't actually the Wild West 'Dead or Alive' kind.....it's the crypto-currency 'information leading to arrest/funds recovery' sort of bounty....thats all.

BTER were the reporting party, if any police reports were filed. There's no way that a Nxt rep could file on BTER's behalf in China.

On the buying stolen NXT, heres my reply again:

We are talking here about a couple of people who directly contacted the hacker, offering to buy the stolen NXT, not 1000's of people who may end up buying 'dodgy' NXT from an exchange.....like I said, individual NXT can't be traced.   

rugrats

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 07:39:00 AM

Come on, man!

Rugrats, mon petit:

Maybe it's just Dom P and his French mangling of the English language, but you're getting a couple of points wrong:

You are, so far,  the first guy to assume that 'bounty on his head' actually means 'just his head, in a box'
I know we are horrible, horrible people at Nxt, but the bounty isn't actually the Wild West 'Dead or Alive' kind.....it's the crypto-currency 'information leading to arrest/funds recovery' sort of bounty....thats all.

BTER were the reporting party, if any police reports were filed. There's no way that a Nxt rep could file on BTER's behalf in China.

On the buying stolen NXT, heres my reply again:

We are talking here about a couple of people who directly contacted the hacker, offering to buy the stolen NXT, not 1000's of people who may end up buying 'dodgy' NXT from an exchange.....like I said, individual NXT can't be traced.   

Je vous crois sur parole, cher Dave.

█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Stake.com
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: