Bitcoin Forum
August 28, 2024, 06:45:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmaintech Service Discussion (Failboat Ahoy) - Antminer S3  (Read 1882 times)
newbsauce (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:04:24 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 04:36:10 PM by newbsauce

I could not find another review on here so I thought I'd post my own.   Here are the cliff notes:

Number of antminer s3 ordered: 3
Order Date: 7/29/14
Ship Date: 8/4/14

Total miners shipped by Bitmaintech: 6
Number of Miners received (By me): 1 as of  8/15/14
Number of miners received (by Leonard from Michigan): 5
Number of refund requests ignored: 3

Background:

I ordered off of bitmaintech and paid promptly on 7/29/14.  The units were shipped on 8/4/14 and much to my dismay they were aimed towards some gentlemen in Michigan.   I messaged bitmaintech through their site messaging service and received no answer.   Some gentlemen (Leonard) in Michigan received 3 miners and I heard no reply.  Please note - as this will become a recurring theme - that I live in Virginia and in no way know this individual they shipped these miners to.   At this point I began reaching out through any mechanism possible - two separate emails, a facebook message, and a review on their facebook site.

Finally a response (8/8)!   Bitmaintech acknowledged their shipping mistake and sent 3 new miners.   To my dismay I looked at the shipping address and they shipped the miners AGAIN to Leonard from Michigan.   I promptly emailed them - and they redirected ONE of the THREE packages to me.   Leonard in Michigan receives 2 more miners for a total of 5 free miners.   At this point I picture him glowing as Antminers rain down on him like mana from heaven.  Perhaps he's building a lego fortress out of them at this point.

I continue to email Bitmaintech - asking for a refund in 3 separate instances.  They assure me the units are being shipped and the tracking number will be the same.   Finally, I call UPS.   Apparently the only option at this point is that bitmaintech is sending return labels to Leonard from Michigan and hopefully they will pick up the packages.   Either way - the tracking number will change.   UPS confirms there is no pending tracking number associated with the order.

So - I am still short 2 miners and about 20+ emails deep from bitmaintech but wanted to make sure I warned community members prior to any other future orders....

8/19/14 update:  After explaining to Bitmaintech that this is not my fault and I should not suffer for it, they have told me that they are waiting for "compensation" from UPS in order to fill my order.   My hands are basically tied at this point...

capcoin

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:17:03 PM

This is insane. Thanks for the feedback. Can't believe their actions and responses, it's pathetic. In an industry where reputation is everything, theirs took a major hit. Hopefully they'll step up and do something right by you.
scryptolife

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 18, 2014, 01:17:54 PM

I created a poll about Bitmaintech. Please share your view.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=860449.0
subseaguru

Activity: 560
Merit: 504

I know the voices in my head aren't real.

View Profile
November 23, 2014, 01:52:26 AM

i just tried to order some miners from their website and when using the coupons, i cannot make a payment. when i take the coupons off i can make a BTC payment but USD payment. if i dont add the $400 off coupons i can buy the S4's but not the C1's. very confusing. i hope their backend is messed up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: