Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:14:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do I get free Bitcoin? The maintained list of verified free Bitcoin Sites.  (Read 511566 times)
Portnoy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1000

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:07:03 PM

Good day!

Can you review my Xapo faucet?

http://xfaucet.digi-eye.xyz

It gives 100 to 500 satoshis every 30 minutes with 15% ref commission

Thanks!

Thanks for the submission.
I will check it out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alfaboy23

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:42:45 AM

Good day!

Can you review my Xapo faucet?

http://xfaucet.digi-eye.xyz

It gives 100 to 500 satoshis every 30 minutes with 15% ref commission

Thanks!

Thanks for the submission.
I will check it out.

Thanks!
It's empty since 2 hours now but I'm refilling it at this moment.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 11:13:08 AM

the problem with most of lists is that they contain only faucets with referrer link...good once without referrer link are push away.
best rewarded faucets are often without referrer link of with low reward for referrers.
Normal...one can not pay twice good.

btcsafari

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 11:53:10 AM

BTC SAFARI http://btcsafari.com

from the website you can earn 350 satoshi per hour.

form the Android App you can earn 1200 per hour

App Download Link: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.claimyourbits.btcsafari

10,000+ users.

Minimum payout :15000 satoshi
Portnoy (OP)
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:16:28 PM

BTC SAFARI

Requires one to provide personal information in order to register.

bitcoinget

Activity: 608
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 04:03:11 PM

It's been a while since I've checked back on the faucet scene. Are there really only three active faucets left?

Earn Bitcoin by Completing Tasks: http://www.bitcoinget.com
Earn Bitcoin Cashback at 300+ Stores: http://www.coinrebates.com
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 04:04:16 PM

It's been a while since I've checked back on the faucet scene. Are there really only three active faucets left?
No, not really. This is just a topic. OP might be busy and not updating.

Give a look at this list here: https://faucethub.io/faucets/BTC
Portnoy (OP)
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 06:09:19 PM

No, not really. This is just a topic. OP might be busy and not updating.

I check it almost everyday.

There are two issues.

First, most faucets these days seem to be to be a combination of: scammy; spammy; annoying; with pop-ups & redirections; not working with ad-blockers & privacy badger etc.; paying out very little; asking for personal information; making users jump through too many hoops... I could go on, but basically a waste of time at best and a security risk at worst.

Second, if there are more good faucets that meet the criteria of this list then no one is submitting them for inclusion here.
I don't have time to go searching for them all over the net.

Another issue is that with the demise of faucetbox some faucets are moving to other systems like that which ask for personal-information registration and don't seem trustworthy. One of the big points of Bitcoin is that with it we can move beyond systems which require trusting third parties with personal information etc. Faucetbox did it right; one just needed to input their Bitcoin address, nothing more.

Given all that there are a couple faucets that I am checking out at the moment, including Moon Bitcoin which was taken off the list for popping up a new browser tab and a redirection but now seems to be acting properly again. Maybe it was the victim of some hack or something. If it continues to act properly I will re-add it to the list.

bitcoinget

Activity: 608
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 07:43:17 PM

I check it almost everyday.

There are two issues.

First, most faucets these days seem to be to be a combination of: scammy; spammy; annoying; with pop-ups & redirections; not working with ad-blockers & privacy badger etc.; paying out very little; asking for personal information; making users jump through too many hoops... I could go on, but basically a waste of time at best and a security risk at worst.

Second, if there are more good faucets that meet the criteria of this list then no one is submitting them for inclusion here.
I don't have time to go searching for them all over the net.

Another issue is that with the demise of faucetbox some faucets are moving to other systems like that which ask for personal-information registration and don't seem trustworthy. One of the big points of Bitcoin is that with it we can move beyond systems which require trusting third parties with personal information etc. Faucetbox did it right; one just needed to input their Bitcoin address, nothing more.

Given all that there are a couple faucets that I am checking out at the moment, including Moon Bitcoin which was taken off the list for popping up a new browser tab and a redirection but now seems to be acting properly again. Maybe it was the victim of some hack or something. If it continues to act properly I will re-add it to the list.

I appreciate your efforts in maintaining high standards for inclusion to your list. I'm actually not surprised so many faucets have either died off or "switched to the dark side". In order for faucets to keep running, their owners have to find a way to generate revenue sustainably, which is not easy to do with an audience that is looking to get something for nothing.

Earn Bitcoin by Completing Tasks: http://www.bitcoinget.com
Earn Bitcoin Cashback at 300+ Stores: http://www.coinrebates.com
CoinTasker

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 11:10:04 AM

I find it kind of hilarious that every single one of the listed bitcoin faucets on your thread have been crossed off for one reason or another even though there are tons and tons of working and reputable faucets in the bitcoin community. This used to be a great resource for faucets but you have chosen to excluded so many great faucets for one reason or another and this is hardly a reliable list any longer due to your kind of ridiculous requirements. I do appreciate the effort you have put in to maintaining this list, that is no easy task. But there are a lot of great faucets out there that you have ignored and if you want to provide value to people looking for faucets there are a lot more you could list here. I mean, what's the point of even listing them if they don't even meet your criteria? Maybe you should consider consolidating your list into categories so people know what to expect from each. Rather than not listing certain faucets that don't meet your standards, list them with a note so people know what to expect. It would be much more useful to list faucets all faucets, even those that don't meet your high standards rather than simply listing faucets with insufficient funds. Not everyone agrees with your requirements for a useful faucet. Nonetheless, it is your list and you can and will do what you please, but I think you can do better if you're going to put the effort in. Just my two cents.

Portnoy (OP)
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:20:31 PM

I find it kind of hilarious that every single one of the listed bitcoin faucets on your thread have been crossed off for one reason or another even though there are tons and tons of working and reputable faucets in the bitcoin community. This used to be a great resource for faucets but you have chosen to excluded so many great faucets for one reason or another and this is hardly a reliable list any longer due to your kind of ridiculous requirements. I do appreciate the effort you have put in to maintaining this list, that is no easy task. But there are a lot of great faucets out there that you have ignored and if you want to provide value to people looking for faucets there are a lot more you could list here. I mean, what's the point of even listing them if they don't even meet your criteria? Maybe you should consider consolidating your list into categories so people know what to expect from each. Rather than not listing certain faucets that don't meet your standards, list them with a note so people know what to expect. It would be much more useful to list faucets all faucets, even those that don't meet your high standards rather than simply listing faucets with insufficient funds. Not everyone agrees with your requirements for a useful faucet. Nonetheless, it is your list and you can and will do what you please, but I think you can do better if you're going to put the effort in. Just my two cents.

This list was started years ago as a way for newbies to be introduced to Bitcoin; to get a chance of actually using it. It was never about helping faucet users make money off of these users, often with annoying if not dishonest and unsafe tactics, which would more likely put a bad taste into the mouths of these newbies more than inspire than to get involved with Bitcoin.

What's the point of listing sites that don't meet my criteria you ask? Any sites that don't meet the criteria are simply not added to the list. If a site met the criteria and was added to the list and then they changed the way they operated to where they no longer complied with my "ridiculous high standards" then I moved it to the lower area of "Discontinued Faucets" to let people know of sites to avoid if they want to just get a few satoshis to try out Bitcoin without having to jump through hoops and give up personal information etc. etc. It's not like I go searching for sites to add to the "Discontinued Faucets" category. This forum wouldn't be big enough to hold a listing of all the scammy and spammy faucets out there.

Many things have changed with Bitcoin over the years and perhaps using faucets isn't a good way for newbies to be introduced to Bitcoin anymore, if indeed it ever was.

It never was a good way to make any money, as I have pointed out many times in this thread. This list was never about that:

No Free Lunch
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=90718.msg1046513#msg1046513

What good is it if one can only get very very small amounts?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74046.msg1088930#msg1088930

I don't have much time to go looking for all these reputable sites you mention. For a long time I relied on users to submit sites they like so I could check them out and add them to the list if they were good. I thank them all for their participation and help in maintaining this list.

I have got a lot of feedback from newbies saying that this list did help them; to learn about Bitcoin and get started with using a Bitcoin wallet etc.
Those are the ones for whom I kept this list going for so long.

No one has submitted a site to this list in quite a while now. It's all for the best. Like I say there are so many better ways for people to explore and get involved in Bitcoin these days.

I won't lock or delete this thread as it is perhaps an interesting look into a little part of the history of Bitcoin.

Have fun and don't take any wooden nickels.   Tongue   Wink   Grin

CoinTasker

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 09:39:18 PM

My apologies if my last comment came of as rude, because it absolutely was. I apologize. I guess I just find it ironic that you've spent so much time maintaining this list of faucets (which is great BTW), only to find that it's reached a point that you simply can't recommend any of them to users for one reason or another and when you land on this thread it appears that there are no good faucets at all. Which simply isn't true. It's absolutely not my place to tell you how to maintain your list, but I just feel that it could be organized in a  manner that doesn't necessarily make it look like every single faucet has died or gone rogue.

Portnoy (OP)
Legendary

My money; Our Bitcoin.

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 02:17:11 AM

My apologies if my last comment came of as rude, because it absolutely was. I apologize.

Don't worry about it.  Smiley

I guess I just find it ironic that you've spent so much time maintaining this list of faucets (which is great BTW), only to find that it's reached a point that you simply can't recommend any of them to users for one reason or another and when you land on this thread it appears that there are no good faucets at all.

Well you could stop bumping it so people won't land on it first thing.  Wink  Cheesy

Which simply isn't true. It's absolutely not my place to tell you how to maintain your list, but I just feel that it could be organized in a  manner that doesn't necessarily make it look like every single faucet has died or gone rogue.

Also, you could start, and maintain, your own list. With the extra categories etc., you would like to see added, it would take a lot of time each day to keep it up to date.

You could pay someone else to create/maintain it... but not me. If one is really interested in the user experience - the safety, convenience, etc. - then it takes a lot of time to verify each site. 

Like I said my interest was mainly about introducing newbies to bitcoin. And why spend so much time on the myriad of faucets and the like, which come and go, and at any moment could potentially activate the closing stages of a long con, and take in as many as they can in a brief window of opportunity and then run off with all they can quickly grab... We've seen it happen many times here on bitcointalk over the years haven't we...  {cough}trade{cough}fortress{cough}

Why, when I could just recommend something like https://21.co/ ...to take just 1 example.

One might ask if they can be trusted 100%.
Well no. You shouldn't trust anything completely. It's a matter of degree. And looking into things oneself... and... well... I'm going on too much... dat nuff.

chopcoin.io

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 05:33:59 PM

People checking out this thread might be interested in my faucet chopcoin.io - it's a faucet with a special twist and just had a big relaunch. You play a fun browser game with other players and win Bitcoin if you're better than them. There are 3 different ways of winning Bitcoin on my site - claim, rainbot for active chatters and the mentioned game. Payout for the best players is massive with up to 0.0045 last week.

Highlights include:

• referral system with customized banners
  • vibrant community, chat with advanced features like private messages and tipping
  • no registration required
  • online since September 2015, no hacks, theft or scam
  • daily payout without transaction fee
  • advanced statistics to see the top earners and compare your personal winnings
  • addictive gameplay - easy to learn hard to master
  • Paid playground for substantive winnings
paulisgek

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 07:11:03 PM

I am very happy with this Bitcoin lottery site. I won 2.3BTC there last week  Grin Grin
Check it out : http://win-free-bitcoin.com/

Good luck guys
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:14:17 PM

I am very happy with this Bitcoin lottery site. I won 2.3BTC there last week  Grin Grin
Check it out : http://win-free-bitcoin.com/

Good luck guys

This a new type of scam, most probably a wallet stealer, not very nice of you.

And its gone.
Pau_lina

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2017, 10:20:55 AM

Hello,thanks!
Have you check it all:

Bonus Bitcoin
Moon Bitcoin
Litecoin
Dogecoin
Bit Fun
Dash?

Can you recommented some more?

I wrote a very short and easy to follow Blog on faucets. I personally claim from every day for the last 60+ days and have received multiple payouts.
http://www.tokensmoked.com

Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111]
  Print  

Jump to: