Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:38:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE - request for next features  (Read 27688 times)
Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 06:23:19 AM

These things are usually made by a traditional broker, not an exchange.  I have been working on a 3rd party platform that would show the last thing in this list.

Can you point me to a broker?

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 06:24:33 AM

These things are usually made by a traditional broker, not an exchange.  I have been working on a 3rd party platform that would show the last thing in this list.

Build it and they will come.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 12:27:18 AM

It would be great to have a glbse share brokerage. They could then handle fiat deposits to buy shares on glbse as well. It might be better than glbse handling it directly and dealing with an extra layer of security/customer service.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 08:24:28 AM

It's important that the identity of the person who is selling this asset has been verified. We do however recognise that some users prefer for this not to be the case. As a result we provide users with the information about the asset sellers identity to make the appropriate decision.

Please, stop allowing unverified persons to release IPO's to the market.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 08:29:22 AM

It's important that the identity of the person who is selling this asset has been verified. We do however recognise that some users prefer for this not to be the case. As a result we provide users with the information about the asset sellers identity to make the appropriate decision.

This is difficult because which verification do you think is the bare minumum ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlqK0vuJMY4idG54YmZrakluSmNGbnVhNnl1SllQQXc#gid=0  I made a doc showing who has and who hasnt verified.

Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:33:07 AM

I actually would disagree on that. I would put certain limits on unverified assets though.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
stochastic

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:43:42 AM

I actually would disagree on that. I would put certain limits on unverified assets though.

I think the verification is a little lax.  The most important thing is a photo ID, but even with all this information what is going to happen if someone scams?  I agree that a better idea is to do limitations on unverified assets.  Such as making a capitalization limit for unverified users, limit them to only 1 asset and so forth.  Another measure is to add a asset issuer contract and an mediation clause such as with judge.me.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:49:07 AM

Couldn't the GLBSE work with the major bitcoin exchanges to enable people to invest in GLBSE assets with fiat payments.  Hey they could even accept PayPal.  It would certainly induce more investing and could even work as an expensive way of buying bitcoins?

I emailed support@glbse.com and they said they will be implementing this idea of cash payments into the GLBSE for bitcoin security's but not and never a PayPal option.

Fuck Paypal. That is all.

+1

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 10:56:01 AM

I think the verification is a little lax.  The most important thing is a photo ID, but even with all this information what is going to happen if someone scams?  I agree that a better idea is to do limitations on unverified assets.  Such as making a capitalization limit for unverified users, limit them to only 1 asset and so forth.  Another measure is to add a asset issuer contract and an mediation clause such as with judge.me.

+1

Yes there should be some reward for going through the process. I like the idea of letting people have only so many assetts as they have verified infos. So if you have facebook you get 1 assett, add a photo and you get 2 assets etc.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:57:24 AM

I think the verification is a little lax.  The most important thing is a photo ID, but even with all this information what is going to happen if someone scams?  I agree that a better idea is to do limitations on unverified assets.  Such as making a capitalization limit for unverified users, limit them to only 1 asset and so forth.  Another measure is to add a asset issuer contract and an mediation clause such as with judge.me.

Cut the crap already, I don't think it should be the responsibility of the exchange to enforce identification of issuers. It's nice enough they offer the feature.

Be a man, do your own due diligence and don't come crying when you invested in the wrong asset.

Fuck regulation!

EDIT: stochastic: isnt this something you as a broker could offer?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
stochastic

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 10:58:20 AM

+1

Yes there should be some reward for going through the process. I like the idea of letting people have only so many assetts as they have verified infos. So if you have facebook you get 1 assett, add a photo and you get 2 assets etc.

Any social network account is lame and does not prove anything.  Not everyone has one.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 10:59:14 AM

I think the verification is a little lax.  The most important thing is a photo ID, but even with all this information what is going to happen if someone scams?  I agree that a better idea is to do limitations on unverified assets.  Such as making a capitalization limit for unverified users, limit them to only 1 asset and so forth.  Another measure is to add a asset issuer contract and an mediation clause such as with judge.me.

Cut the crap already, I don't think it should be the responsibility of the exchange to enforce identification of issuers. It's nice enough they offer the feature.

Be a man, do your own due diligence and don't come crying when you invested in the wrong asset.

Fuck regulation!

Or come up with a service that offers it. See it as a business opportunity.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 11:02:24 AM

+1

Any social network account is lame and does not prove anything.  Not everyone has one.

Of course they are lame  Smiley

stochastic

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 11:10:31 AM

Fuck regulation!

I sense a little hostility, anyway I am not a broker, I only promote brokerages to form.  I would love to make one but I don't have the time right now.

Also, I don't see what is wrong with private company of a private exchange creating private regulations.  People are free to use and issue assets on the exchange or not.  I bet most people dont' look at the verification at all and mostly from their trust using the reputation of the issuer in the bitcoin community anyway.  I do think there should be some kind of asset issuer contract between GLBSE and the issuer.

This market would be similar to the pre 1930's stock market:

... a strikingly information-starved environment. Many firms whose securities were publicly traded published no regular reports or issued reports whose data were so arbitrarily selected and capriciously audited as to be worse than useless. It was this circumstance that had conferred such awesome power on a handful of investment bankers because they commanded a virtual monopoly of the information necessary for making sound financial decisions. Especially in the secondary markets, where reliable information was all but impossible for the average investor to come by, opportunities abounded for insider manipulation and wildcat speculation.

mollison

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 02:15:18 PM

The downside of having so many junky low-quality (and occasionally fraudulent) assets is that it will lower investor confidence in GLBSE as a whole and thus the high-quality assets. In particular, it will scare away new blood, which is what is needed more than anything. I can think of some ways to approach solving this problem, such as creating a separate grouping for "highly verified and trusted" GLBSE assets, but the solutions I see have downsides as well.
Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 02:21:04 PM

If GLBSE wants to limit IPO's to verified individuals only, it's their prerogative. However, if they do that then they open the door for a competitor. On the flip side, if they do not verify individuals then they risk losing confidence.

There is no right or wrong here. It's totally GLBSE's preference.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
arsenische
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 03:58:09 PM

If GLBSE wants to limit IPO's to verified individuals only, it's their prerogative. However, if they do that then they open the door for a competitor. On the flip side, if they do not verify individuals then they risk losing confidence.

There is no right or wrong here. It's totally GLBSE's preference.

Just let the users to filter out unverified shares

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 04:30:52 PM

Due diligence is due. For example, I've invested in Goat's bonds, and he's not verified at all. I let his reputation be the collateral. There are some other securities, however, which I refuse to invest in because there's no verification, and the issuer is not well-known within the community.

TLDR freedom please
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 18, 2012, 05:52:57 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2012, 07:55:48 PM by Otoh

How about extra points for verification with a diplomatic passport, photo driving license, ID card & utility bills package

I'm just surprised that they don't take bitcoins, though I expect someone on TSR probably does if only as acting as a pass through.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
piotr_n
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2012, 07:04:33 PM

TYGRR is 100% unverified and yet he seems to be a fair guy - IMO more trustworthy than some others, verified ones.
So I vote against a requirement to verify!

As Otoh has pointed out, the verification process can be cheated - such a requirement would only create an illusion of safety, without actually making GLBSE a safer place.

I agree that it would be a nice feature if a user could choose in his settings whether he wants to have the unverified stuff listed, or not.
Though, personally I would have it set to "yes" Smiley

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: