Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GB] $ GreenBacks $ ~ A Complete Currency & Infrastructure ~  (Read 224542 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
4emily

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:28:08 PM

In particular, given that GB will be relying on the ability of the Bitcoin blockchain to take on data other than payments, how does GB get round the problem, as I understand it, that the Bitcoin blockchain is limited in this ability and becoming even more limited by its core developers.

This is a problem that was identified by Counterparty earlier this year – see their open letter to the bitcoin developers - https://www.counterparty.co/plea-bitcoin-core-development-team/

see also http://www.coindesk.com/developers-battle-bitcoin-block-chain/

I don't understand where you have read they will be "relying on the ability of the Bitcoin blockchain"  Huh

Greenbacks have his own blockchain, so why should they care about the bitcoin blockchain and their devs?
In the whitepapaer they themselves stated the good thing in bitcoin is the infrastructure & community around and not the specs themselves which are pretty outdated and frustrating

Looking forward to the new wallet, seems cool although i don't really like this green design

Thanks for your reply.

As a relative newbie to crypto currencies, I simply assumed that GB would be relying on the Bitcoin blockchain since, according to p. 3 of the whitepaper:

Greenbacks is developed off a fork of Bitcoin, improving upon what is evidently the most successful current cryptocurrency. It is designed with important specifications, and a thorough infrastructure that makes it a complete decentralized payment system.

However on rereading the whitepaper I see there in fact are a couple of references to GB's own blockchain:

page 6:

4. Initial Developments: These are what will get GreenBacks started as one of the top cryptocurrencies. Our team will be releasing the top wallets which include network stats, and a social irc built-in. We will also be bringing forth a blockchain, website, marketplace, and all other necessary piece for an initial infrastructure.

page 11:
Blockchain Encrypted Messages (send public messages through our blockchain)

Since GB has (or will have) its own blockchain, maybe that should be expressly stated in the above quoted sentence on page 3 of the whitepaper after the reference to 'Bitcoin fork', so as to avoid any possible confusion.

BTW, further note to developers: the following para. on page 11 of the whitepaper needs amending:

This is how we see GreenBacks reaching global adoption one day in the future. If a user has the option of using USD, BTC, or GB all in one refillable card why would they not? If someone can put all cut down the number of cards in their wallet by having one multi-purpose, why would they not? This will be a technical and economic revolution if we can make it happen, but it will not be easy.

The words 'put all' in 3rd sentence are evidently from a previous draft.

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Trivelius

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:28:47 PM

we can see 2550 soon!

ARBITAO████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
ARBITAO - DECENTRALIZING ARBITRAGE               
T H E   N E W   W A Y   O F
A R B I T R A G E   T R A D I N G
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
         ▄
        ▄██▄
       ▄█████▄
      ▄███████▄
     ▄█████████▄
    █
███████████
  ▄███
███████████▄
 ▄████
████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▀██████████████████▀
 ▀███████
██████████▀
  ▀████
███████████
   ▀█
████████████▀
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
█████████████  ██▄
██             ████▄
██             ██ ▀██▄
██        ▄█▄  ████████
██       ▄███▄       
██      ▄█▀ ▀█▄      ██
██     ▄█▀▄██▀█▄     ██
██    ▄████▀  ▀█▄    ██
██   █████████████   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██                   ██
███████████████████████
❱❱❱ Download WHITEPAPER
FACEBOOK       TELEGRAM
────      TWITTER      ────
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
SkyValeey

Activity: 560

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 02:44:30 PM

I think we'll see trend reverse, at Hal either. Btcd is also dropping, Lxc too.

We'll see probably few trend reverse this weekend, watch out with trade tactic guys and good luck.  Wink

Im a holder of BTCD, only reason it's dropping is again because of whale games. There's next to no sell volume.

NO. Dropping because that's like bubbles looks. BTCD is great bubble.. ...but it's over now (if you're think this is not bubble please remember my words and pm me 1-2w later with "you were right:): " Btw. someone big is getting out from Btcd; selling in parts, without rush.
zwjin45n

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:10:05 PM

We want feedback from you guys!

Please let us know what partnerships you want to see GreenBacks try to obtain, and what developments you would like to see that we have not discussed so far.

This feedback is very important because we want to make sure we are prioritizing on what our community and investors want to be delivered. We're working our hardest to develop a coin that can stand the test of time, but we're not even 1 week since launch. So, this is why we want to know what you want to see us doing. Focus on places you'd like to see GreenBacks, or partnerships you'd like to see us get.
OH!Yeah I wanna have a PoS staking Androïd wallet!!!can you do that? And I wanna have more feature in the wallet ..Like I can check out the weather report when open the wallet...XDXD
paytplay

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 03:10:36 PM

I am a first page bittrex junky, and this coin goes up and down. Nothing special to see, unless it pops with a new wallet or gets manipulated. I must say though, most manipulated coins are trading at a whole different value, you know the ones that get a btc sell or buy at a time . I thinks this coin could surprise us. Gotta wait and see , I am not the whale that runs things
parker928

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:06:09 PM

I am a first page bittrex junky, and this coin goes up and down. Nothing special to see, unless it pops with a new wallet or gets manipulated. I must say though, most manipulated coins are trading at a whole different value, you know the ones that get a btc sell or buy at a time . I thinks this coin could surprise us. Gotta wait and see , I am not the whale that runs things

i've been seeing a lot of bear traps which is typically a good sign

usually whales do hat to get cheap coins before they drive the price up stupid
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 05:43:08 PM

As a relative newbie to crypto currencies, I simply assumed that GB would be relying on the Bitcoin blockchain since, according to p. 3 of the whitepaper:

Greenbacks is developed off a fork of Bitcoin, improving upon what is evidently the most successful current cryptocurrency. It is designed with important specifications, and a thorough infrastructure that makes it a complete decentralized payment system.

When a coin says it's a fork of some other coin, it means it's based on the source code of that coin.  It's a "fork" (copy) of the coin. This isn't the same thing as a fork that occurs in some blockchain.

"In software engineering, a project fork happens when developers take a copy of source code from one software package and start independent development on it, creating a distinct and separate piece of software."

There was come coin (can't remember its name) that was a fork of bitcoin and litecoin forked from that one.  A lot of POS coins are forks of either peercoin or novacoin.  novacoin was a fork of peercoin and I think peercoin was a fork of bitcoin as well.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 05:50:23 PM

When a coin says it's a fork of some other coin, it means it's based on the source code of that coin.  It's a "fork" (copy) of the coin. This isn't the same thing as a fork that occurs in some blockchain.

"In software engineering, a project fork happens when developers take a copy of source code from one software package and start independent development on it, creating a distinct and separate piece of software."

There was come coin (can't remember its name) that was a fork of bitcoin and litecoin forked from that one.  A lot of POS coins are forks of either peercoin or novacoin.  novacoin was a fork of peercoin and I think peercoin was a fork of bitcoin as well.
fork fork fork
what the fuck man!
chillax
every coin has been copied on bitcoin , so that doesn't needs to be stated , ust enoy your GB coins , cos they are the best Cheesy
Viper1

Activity: 686
Merit: 320

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 06:25:36 PM

There was some coin (can't remember its name) that was a fork of bitcoin and litecoin forked from that one.  A lot of POS coins are forks of either peercoin or novacoin.  novacoin was a fork of peercoin and I think peercoin was a fork of bitcoin as well.
fork fork fork
what the fuck man!
chillax
every coin has been copied on bitcoin , so that doesn't needs to be stated , ust enoy your GB coins , cos they are the best Cheesy

Do you have zero reading comprehension skills or something?  The person I was responding to didn't understand what a fork was and I was explaining it to them, plus giving a bit of background as an example.

BTC: 1F8yJqgjeFyX1SX6KJmqYtHiHXJA89ENNT
LTC: LYAEPQeDDM7Y4jbUH2AwhBmkzThAGecNBV
DOGE: DSUsCCdt98PcNgUkFHLDFdQXmPrQBEqXu9
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 06:30:53 PM

There was some coin (can't remember its name) that was a fork of bitcoin and litecoin forked from that one.  A lot of POS coins are forks of either peercoin or novacoin.  novacoin was a fork of peercoin and I think peercoin was a fork of bitcoin as well.
fork fork fork
what the fuck man!
chillax

Do you have zero reading comprehension skills or something?  The person I was responding to didn't understand what a fork was and I was explaining it to them, plus giving a bit of background as an example.

Ya i know Tongue
so what?
is it something ,that i can't speak in between
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:22:10 PM

Please let us know what partnerships you want to see GreenBacks try to obtain, and what developments you would like to see that we have not discussed so far.

This feedback is very important because we want to make sure we are prioritizing on what our community and investors want to be delivered. We're working our hardest to develop a coin that can stand the test of time, but we're not even 1 week since launch. So, this is why we want to know what you want to see us doing. Focus on places you'd like to see GreenBacks, or partnerships you'd like to see us get.

Moolah, as someone else already stated. Coinpayments too.

Try to get the coin on a chinese exchange, bter may be a good target. If you get Moolah, MP obviously would be in play.

And it's more for the marketplace, but I'd like to see a partnership with a gold/silver merchant. The ability to use crypto to buy gold/silver tends to be popular. I forget if you said you had something like this in the works or not.
yuhang87412533

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:36:56 PM

I think the bter platform should be not difficult, developers should now start to actively seek.
GreenBacksTeam (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:41:50 PM

Try to get the coin on a chinese exchange, bter may be a good target. If you get Moolah, MP obviously would be in play.

And it's more for the marketplace, but I'd like to see a partnership with a gold/silver merchant. The ability to use crypto to buy gold/silver tends to be popular. I forget if you said you had something like this in the works or not.

Thanks for the suggestions. We contacted moolah a couple of days ago, but have received no response, so we will follow up today. As you've stated, Mintpal will follow with moolah due to their recent acquisition. We will also be following up with coin payments again today.

A Chinese exchange might be difficult, if any our investors here are Chinese, please message us to assist in acquiring this.

We do have a deal with a gold/silver merchant coaex, we can get them to make custom gold/silver greenbacks edition products. They are mentioned in our Whitepaper, and if interested anyone can check them out and let us know if they are interested in something.

GreenBacks: A Complete Currency - Launching Soon!
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:42:32 PM

+1 id like the ability to buy Gold / Silver with GB's.
teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:45:56 PM

I would like to buy milk and eggs with GB?
How can this be established

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
bobcaticus

Activity: 553

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:50:31 PM

I use Gyft for about 40-60% of my purchases since they take BTC.  This would be IMO the most useful real-world application and a game changer.
teamlottowin

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2014, 07:56:41 PM

I use Gyft for about 40-60% of my purchases since they take BTC.  This would be IMO the most useful real-world application and a game changer.

1 GB = 1 dozen eggs
1 GB = 1 gallon of milk

alternatively we can just create

EggCoin & MilkCoin

Buy Adidas with Crypto: https://shop.moolah.io/Buzz
yuhang87412533

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 07:59:16 PM

1 GB = 1 dozen eggs
1 GB = 1 gallon of milk

alternatively we can just create

EggCoin & MilkCoin
foodcoin
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:02:17 PM

I use Gyft for about 40-60% of my purchases since they take BTC.  This would be IMO the most useful real-world application and a game changer.

I agree. Gyft would be a pretty big deal.

But even if it's just gift cards direct from the marketplace, it'd at least be something.

If they get giftcards and/or gold+silver, then their loyalty program begins to get interesting. Someone getting $20+ (or however much) in free marketplace money each month probably won't think it a big deal, if their purchase options look like the typical crypto auction site (meaning a terrible version of eBay, primarily selling ebooks or junk). But if they can get $20+ worth of giftcards for free each month ... or a free silver coin each month ... forever ... then that loyalty program begins to look like a much better deal.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
August 29, 2014, 08:04:33 PM

I use Gyft for about 40-60% of my purchases since they take BTC.  This would be IMO the most useful real-world application and a game changer.

I agree. Gyft would be a pretty big deal.

But even if it's just gift cards direct from the marketplace, it'd at least be something.

If they get giftcards and/or gold+silver, then their loyalty program begins to get interesting. Someone getting $20+ (or however much) in free marketplace money each month probably won't think it a big deal, if their purchase options look like the typical crypto auction site (meaning a terrible version of eBay, primarily selling ebooks or junk). But if they can get $20+ worth of giftcards for free each month ... or a free silver coin each month ... forever ... then that loyalty program begins to look like a much better deal.

This is much. I hold 100k+ and the loyalty program doesn't appeal to me at this stage, however if the above was to come into play, that would change things.
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: