Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:58:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to face the truth and cash out while it's still worth something  (Read 1946 times)
thms (OP)

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:40:20 PM

Bitcoin is a little toy that's been played out
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:43:17 PM

Unless you've been here since the single digits, I don't think you have the authority to make such claims.
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:53:16 PM

Riveting and enlightening topic. Thank you.

Unless you've been here since the single digits, I don't think you have the authority to make such claims.

Nobody can make that claim without hoping to get some laughs.
Mellnik

Activity: 242

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 09:57:47 PM

No facts, reasons or whatever?
Welcome to my ignore list.
gjgjg

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:07:49 PM

People who want btc to 'crash' are either somehow threatened by btc or want to buy cheap coins because they know they will make money from the subsequent rally.
Smart money buys low sells high. In order to make money someone else has to lose money. I'm betting  most doomsday sayers around here are buyers waiting for cheap liquidity. Dont make it your liquidity!

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:10:02 PM

Day of the trolls I guess. Getting a bit tiresome.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Benjig

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:21:48 PM

This trolls with registration date after the last bubble most of them have no idea what bitcoin is , they entered just triying to make a quick buck for what they "heard" and now in the first bad signal they leave it, investments are not for you. Lol
XxionxX

Activity: 254

Digital money you say?

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:39:19 PM

+1

FAP Turbo 2.0, the FOREX trading robot which also trades bitcoin!

I had to link it because I love the name. Seriously, that is the real name.
Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 10:43:27 PM

I have been on the bear side before, but I really think that we're set to start some strong (not parabolic just yet, but strong) price growth here in the next month or two.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:51:25 PM

as someone who has been here since sub single digits, it is possible to get stuck in one's own little echo chamber.

but when i step back and look at the progress since i first learned about Bitcoin, the only change i see is massive progress.  it's come further, faster than i ever expected.  and it's still only 2014, with my outer bound time limit being 2020.

1.  protocol still intact w/o a major hack or bust
2.  mining security still growing exponentially-makes me calm and happy.
3.  significant merchant adoption beyond expectations with Dell, DISH, Overstock, Expedia being great examples.  and there are more coming.  and they WILL begin offering discounts to lure buyers.
4.  record # wallets-blockchain.info >2M
5.  numerous positive news articles all over the world of adoption successes.  this protects against a major adversary like the US gubmint.
6.  derivatives exchanges beginning to be established to provide greater liquidity and depth (gotta be careful about this to prevent naked shorting, but still overall a positive).
7.  ASIC mining companies pushing the limits of 20nm and lower tech.  soon Intel and AMD will follow.
8.  improvements in wallet security.  i don't understand how ppl keep getting hacked.  i've never lost a coin. Roll Eyes
9.  certain gubmints lightening up and looking more positively on Bitcoin unlike the NY clowns.  places like Switzerland, UK, Singapore, etc.  The discord will guarantee that Bitcoin flourishes somewhere.
10.  gold and silver faltering-a move of just 5% out of that market into Bitcoin will jack the price.
11.  stock mkt potentially topping-i think problems in the real economy will help Bitcoin with flows seeking safety.
12.  bond mkts at all time highs-if we get a rise in interest rates, same thing.  5% of flows from there into Bitcoin will jack the price.
13.  forex mkts-largest mkt of all with only one direction for the future values of all fiat-->DOWN.  5% flow from that mkt will jack the price.
14.  real estate starting to suffer again-avg Joe looking for yield no where to be found except maybe Bitcoin. it is The People's Money after all.
15.  halving of the block reward 2 yrs out.  we'll probably get a huge rally as that draws near.  now's the time to buy when others are selling.  they'll be back for sure.
maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:56:26 PM

where is real estate starting to suffer again? in my market were on the rise, as well as most surrounding areas. i only ask cuz i might want to get in at the bottom haha. but i agree bitcoin has a ways to go. think of how long 3d printing has been around (late 80s) and its just now starting to become popular in the next 20 years it will likely take over a significant part of the manufacturing sector. some troll earlier today said "people are getting out of bitcoin because adoption has stalled" i don't know if he has just intentionally ignored all the events of this year or what, but adoption is ramping up faster than i thought it would. more people have come in this year than in the last 3 combined. its just getting started. unless you want to retire THIS YEAR on your stash of 6.3BTC then its still a good buy to me. id like to see a real margin slide, wipe em all out, just remove that uncertainty because we all know thats a large driver behind this correction. it will rebound with a vengeance per usual, a month or year from know, i don't know or care. i don't need my money out for about 10 years at least. i can wait.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 11:59:01 PM

where is real estate starting to suffer again? in my market were on the rise, as well as most surrounding areas.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg8369293#msg8369293
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:00:14 AM

I'm afraid the internet is slowly being taken over by trolls. The troll apocalypse is upon us! Shocked

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Newbie1022

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:01:01 AM

I'm afraid the internet is slowly being taken over by trolls. The troll apocalypse is upon us! Shocked

How is this any different than normal? =D
hyphymikey

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:02:26 AM

whiskey

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:07:32 AM

How is this any different than normal? =D

I think trollbox has come to bitcointalk. OP never had any btc in his address  Cheesy
thms (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:15:41 AM

I think trollbox has come to bitcointalk. OP never had any btc in his address  Cheesy

Now that you have learned how to check an address... next step is to learn that one person can have multiple addresses Smiley

thms (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:16:25 AM

I'm not sure what's the point in announcing that you put someone on ignore...
maker88

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:20:14 AM

where is real estate starting to suffer again? in my market were on the rise, as well as most surrounding areas.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=68655.msg8369293#msg8369293

oh national average, makes sense.
BitcoinHawker

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:37:25 AM

as someone who has been here since sub single digits, it is possible to get stuck in one's own little echo chamber.

but when i step back and look at the progress since i first learned about Bitcoin, the only change i see is massive progress.  it's come further, faster than i ever expected.  and it's still only 2014, with my outer bound time limit being 2020.

1.  protocol still intact w/o a major hack or bust
2.  mining security still growing exponentially-makes me calm and happy.
3.  significant merchant adoption beyond expectations with Dell, DISH, Overstock, Expedia being great examples.  and there are more coming.  and they WILL begin offering discounts to lure buyers.
4.  record # wallets-blockchain.info >2M
5.  numerous positive news articles all over the world of adoption successes.  this protects against a major adversary like the US gubmint.
6.  derivatives exchanges beginning to be established to provide greater liquidity and depth (gotta be careful about this to prevent naked shorting, but still overall a positive).
7.  ASIC mining companies pushing the limits of 20nm and lower tech.  soon Intel and AMD will follow.
8.  improvements in wallet security.  i don't understand how ppl keep getting hacked.  i've never lost a coin. Roll Eyes
9.  certain gubmints lightening up and looking more positively on Bitcoin unlike the NY clowns.  places like Switzerland, UK, Singapore, etc.  The discord will guarantee that Bitcoin flourishes somewhere.
10.  gold and silver faltering-a move of just 5% out of that market into Bitcoin will jack the price.
11.  stock mkt potentially topping-i think problems in the real economy will help Bitcoin with flows seeking safety.
12.  bond mkts at all time highs-if we get a rise in interest rates, same thing.  5% of flows from there into Bitcoin will jack the price.
13.  forex mkts-largest mkt of all with only one direction for the future values of all fiat-->DOWN.  5% flow from that mkt will jack the price.
14.  real estate starting to suffer again-avg Joe looking for yield no where to be found except maybe Bitcoin. it is The People's Money after all.
15.  halving of the block reward 2 yrs out.  we'll probably get a huge rally as that draws near.  now's the time to buy when others are selling.  they'll be back for sure.

good post +1
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: