Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:08:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Account Hacked Help Plz!  (Read 14972 times)
bayuo (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 06:58:20 AM

I got a PM from user "Quickseller" titled "Purchased Account" and i want the conversation to be public so im posting this here! 

I am going to ask you this one time.

You are well aware of what our agreement was, and I have fulfilled my end of our agreement. What you are doing is libel against me. As BadBear has previously stated it is clear that you should not own the account anymore.

I want you to retract your previous statements regarding the fact that you claim your account was stolen (as your account was in fact not stolen), and to admit that you were attempting to scam another user on this forum (as this is what you are doing). If you do this within the next 3 hours and I do not receive any similar accusations about this account then I agree to not pursue any criminal or civil charges against you.

What you are attempting to do is commit larceny as you are trying to steal what is owed by someone else.

If you do not retract your previous statements, or if I receive a similar attack on this attack in the future then I reserve my right to do what is in my power to see that you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and to pursue your assets in civil court to the fullest extent of the law if I so choose to do so. 

I have found other similar accusations against other accounts with a similar MO as what you have done. I would not be surprised if you were involved in these cases as well.

If you feel that you are in the right then if I see appropriate I will see that the courts resolve this matter.

So it is you? You are in control of my "Zedicus" Account?

Look man you seem to have had a conversation with someone that wasnt me!

Lets have this dialog out in the open in the meta thread! I have nothing to hide! Im just the guy who lost his account to a thief, im not sure you are hearing me loud and clear on this.

I would like mods and theymos and anyone else to hear what is said between us! If you say you are in the right like you say you are then you should have nothing to hide! In fact you should demand this conversation be in public!!

Continued here???
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741302.0

I will post this there, I look forward to your reply.

Domino

Activity: 662
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 11:38:10 AM

I got a PM from user "Quickseller" titled "Purchased Account" and i want the conversation to be public so im posting this here! 

Assuming what "Quickseller" said is true, it is possible that someone has hacked your "Zedicus" account and then sold it to "Quickseller" soon after.
Seriously I have no idea how this mess should be resolved...

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:19:52 PM

I am going to ask you this one time.

You are well aware of what our agreement was, and I have fulfilled my end of our agreement. What you are doing is libel against me. As BadBear has previously stated it is clear that you should not own the account anymore.

I want you to retract your previous statements regarding the fact that you claim your account was stolen (as your account was in fact not stolen), and to admit that you were attempting to scam another user on this forum (as this is what you are doing). If you do this within the next 3 hours and I do not receive any similar accusations about this account then I agree to not pursue any criminal or civil charges against you.

What you are attempting to do is commit larceny as you are trying to steal what is owed by someone else.

If you do not retract your previous statements, or if I receive a similar attack on this attack in the future then I reserve my right to do what is in my power to see that you are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and to pursue your assets in civil court to the fullest extent of the law if I so choose to do so. 

I have found other similar accusations against other accounts with a similar MO as what you have done. I would not be surprised if you were involved in these cases as well.

If you feel that you are in the right then if I see appropriate I will see that the courts resolve this matter.

So it is you? You are in control of my "Zedicus" Account?

Look man you seem to have had a conversation with someone that wasnt me!

Lets have this dialog out in the open in the meta thread! I have nothing to hide! Im just the guy who lost his account to a thief, im not sure you are hearing me loud and clear on this.

I would like mods and theymos and anyone else to hear what is said between us! If you say you are in the right like you say you are then you should have nothing to hide! In fact you should demand this conversation be in public!!

Continued here???
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=741302.0

I will post this there, I look forward to your reply.

Now, I think there is a great twist in the story. The account was not only sold. It was stolen and sold !!! I'm not sure who should be considered as the true owner now.

Bitcoins101

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 12:59:42 PM

There is one thing I can definitely guarantee you - Quickseller is not going to go after you criminally or civilly.

"Your honor, I'm on this Bitcoin forum (oh, you mean that darknet anonymous serial killer drug dealer fake money?) and I buy and sell member accounts so people can impersonate and scam people, and/or promote illegal gambling websites. Well, some user tried to get back the $5 account that was hacked and sold to me! Put the original user in jail!"

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 02:59:31 PM

There is one thing I can definitely guarantee you - Quickseller is not going to go after you criminally or civilly.

"Your honor, I'm on this Bitcoin forum (oh, you mean that darknet anonymous serial killer drug dealer fake money?) and I buy and sell member accounts so people can impersonate and scam people, and/or promote illegal gambling websites. Well, some user tried to get back the $5 account that was hacked and sold to me! Put the original user in jail!"

I'd say that it accurate. Screw the people selling accounts.. let them rot in negative trust hell. It is not Zedicus' fault that the hacker sold his account, and he should not be punished for it. Maybe this will help teach people a lesson not to buy and sell accounts.

Give Zedicus back his account!!
bayuo (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:53:08 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 12:23:06 AM by bayuo

I'd say that it accurate. Screw the people selling accounts.. let them rot in negative trust hell. It is not Zedicus' fault that the hacker sold his account, and he should not be punished for it. Maybe this will help teach people a lesson not to buy and sell accounts.

Definitely not my fault!! Ive been totally blindsided here..

Assuming what "Quickseller" said is true, it is possible that someone has hacked your "Zedicus" account and then sold it to "Quickseller" soon after.
Seriously I have no idea how this mess should be resolved...

Thats exactly what happened ! Someone stole my account and then pretended to be me when he sold it to this "quickseller"!   ( unless quickseller is the thief as well )

At this point its so blatant its unbelievable!!! Ive signed both btc addresses associated with my account, im trying to be as transparent as possible, heck i just invited the guy to an open public conversation with the mods and public!!

Clearly he knows im NOT the guy who sold him my "zedicus" account. Why else would he not be part of the dialog here.  

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

why would you do that to someone? ? ? ! You have taken over my identity here and you are impersonating me in every sense of the word. Ive pored years into my account and suddenly i have 0 access to all the relationships ive built, all the threads i had on watch and i have been muted from a community i have positively engaged with for years!  

If you are remotely a stand up guy you would have this conversation here!

You are either a standup guy or you are a crook. There is no in-between!  

Im open and transparently trying to shed light on the events that led to my account being stolen and sold. The only reason NOT to have this conversation is if you KNOW or KNEW you were purchasing stolen property from someone who wasnt me! Possession of stolen property doesn't make it yours!

At this point i have no record of sale, no proof of the account actually even being sold!
(Quickseller actually thinks "i" sold him the account!!! Im completely in the dark here!!!  )

The burden of proof has for some reason landed only on me and i have complied in every way and proved that i am the account owner.

Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:00:56 AM

Any update to this... has OP gotten his account back?

ABitNut

Activity: 764

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:12:59 AM

So the claim is that the Zedicus account was stolen and sold. Bayou owned the account in the past. There is no proof that the account was stolen. There is no proof that Bayou sold it.

Sounds like a stalemate.

In my opinion account buyers (that means you, Quickseller, as well as whoever bought it from you) should ensure ownership of the account before buying it. It is something they can do. It is something they should do to prevent situations like this.

Can you, Quickseller, proof that the person you bought it from actually owned it?
bayuo (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:37:00 AM

No! I still dont have access to my account! Im the sole owner and creator of the zedicus account and the current operator claims he has a PM of "me" supposedly selling him account...  But i cant even get a moderator to do an ip check of the supposed transaction of which i dont have a date time or tx of anykind!

I havent gotten any help from a mod whatsoever!!

Ive PM'd Theymos twice and ive pm'd Badbear asking him to do an ip check of the supposed transaction and pm that the current operator of the zedicus account says he has!

This really sucks!! 

So the claim is that the Zedicus account was stolen and sold. Bayou owned the account in the past. There is no proof that the account was stolen. There is no proof that Bayou sold it.

Sounds like a stalemate.

In my opinion account buyers (that means you, Quickseller, as well as whoever bought it from you) should ensure ownership of the account before buying it. It is something they can do. It is something they should do to prevent situations like this.

Can you, Quickseller, proof that the person you bought it from actually owned it?

Negative!! Its impossible!! If mods look through my account history before this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577437.msg7798338#msg7798338

They would see ive never sold anything in the market place EVER! i dont hangout there, i dont post there nothing!!!!

When i last had my account i was hanging out in an alt coin thread called MNR..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577437.0

I had been hanging out there quite a bit!
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:38:13 AM

No! I still dont have access to my account! Im the sole owner and creator of the zedicus account and the current operator claims he has a PM of "me" supposedly selling him account...  But i cant even get a moderator to do an ip check of the supposed transaction of which i dont have a date time or tx of anykind!

I havent gotten any help from a mod whatsoever!!

Ive PM'd Theymos twice and ive pm'd Badbear asking him to do an ip check of the supposed transaction and pm that the current operator of the zedicus account says he has!

This really sucks!! 

Sounds like a stalemate.

Negative!! Its impossible!! If mods look through my account history before this post:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577437.msg7798338#msg7798338

They would see ive never sold anything in the market place EVER! i dont hangout there, i dont post there nothing!!!!

When i last had my account i was hanging out in an alt coin thread called MNR..
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=577437.0

I had been hanging out there quite a bit!

Are you vod2 by any chance?

~BCX~
Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:01:37 AM

Sounds like a stalemate.

My thoughts exactly. Let's see the PMs relating to the sale of this account. If you refuse... It'll lead me to believe that you somehow knew this was a compromised account being sold.

oh - here's my disclaimer: Personally, I don't like the selling of accounts. It indirectly condones scamming... actually it facilitates them. 

Salmon1989

Activity: 603

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 06:24:28 PM

Sounds like a stalemate.

My thoughts exactly. Let's see the PMs relating to the sale of this account. If you refuse... It'll lead me to believe that you somehow knew this was a compromised account being sold.

oh - here's my disclaimer: Personally, I don't like the selling of accounts. It indirectly condones scamming... actually it facilitates them. 

But then how is the account buyer able to verify the account seller is not a hacker?

BTW, we need the 2FA fuction badly (I know it will be there in the new forum).

ABitNut

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:47:39 PM

Sounds like a stalemate.

But then how is the account buyer able to verify the account seller is not a hacker?

BTW, we need the 2FA fuction badly (I know it will be there in the new forum).

1) Have a signed message from the original controller stating the account is being sold (dated, with forum names)
2) Once dealer has control of the account they should tag it with either a Bitcoin address they control or a pgp signature
3) Repeat 1): Dealer signs a message that he is selling the account to buyer.

It doesn't matter how many times it is sold. It seems like common sense to me. It's fairly easy to do and it makes it very hard to dispute a sale.

Note I used "controller" instead of owner. It would still be possible for a criminal to gain control of both the forum account and the BTC address/pgp linked to it. But it is far more challenging than merely breaking a (potentially) weak forum password.
bayuo (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 02:52:30 AM

@ BitcoinExpress: Im sorry i dunno who vod 2 is..

Sounds like a stalemate.

@ Lucky Cris : I have no info regarding this event .. I dont have a time, date, blockchain transaction or anything. Just someone saying i sold him my account and he is not willing to divulge the information in public for reasons that are UNKNOWN!

I completely agree about the selling of accounts and how it condones scamming! 

I dont want anyone to be ripped off! If the guy who is in control of my account is a "victim" and was sold the stolen user account .. then returning the account to me would leave him with a negative balance!

That said i have even offered to pay what he paid for my account blindly! Meaning i dont even know what he paid for it! I cant even get a mod to do a simple check on the ip or check on the supposed transaction so i can at least hear it from a global moderator when the supposed event happened and for what price. A moderator would be able to see that my account logged in from a strange ip during the course of the supposed transaction. Like i said i have never logged into bitcointalk using some kind of masking service like tor or vpn or what not. Every time ive logged in into my account it has been from the same location since i created the account!! Same computer same isp ..

I would assume it wouldnt be too hard to see when a strange ip started using my account. 

Btw i so wholeheartedly agree that the selling of account condones scamming ... So much so that if theymos decided to change the rules this minute, i would be ok with that even if that meant i couldnt buy the account from Quickseller who was sold my account by someone who is NOT me!!!! --->>>  as long as they disable my ZEDICUS account so i cant be impersonated.

Like i mentioned above, if the guy who is controlling my zedicus account could send the proof to a global moderator of the supposed date, PM's and transaction .. ill pay what the scammer took from the current controller of my account -->>  "the supposed victim" who was sold my account.

and then mods can permanently DISABLE my Zedicus account!! 

If i cant have my account back at least disable it so i cant be impersonated anymore as that is putting everyone who ive had a positive experience with a bitcointalk at risk. Imagine if someone was PM'ing people as YOU!

Does that make any sense to anyone out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That said i have been transparent in every way that i could think of.. but it seems that may not be enough.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2014, 10:45:55 AM

Hey! Light & Relnarien!!

I just sent you both a signed msg via PM from my btc address.

Look at the address on my sig on this google cached page below! Now look at the PM i sent and verify it!

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:8f7xqK_Mz7UJ:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Ftopic%3D355305.0%3Ball+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

You both should now have no doubts that i am the one and only Zedicus! Also CoinHoarder should chime in when he gets my PM as i sent him a signed msg from the other btc address associated with my account!

If there is anything else you guys can think of..

Thanks again!

If you are the real Zedicus, I hope you will get your account back! PM theymos with your signed msg and proof. He will recover your account. Smiley

~~MZ~~

silvestar
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 06, 2014, 10:39:48 PM

If you are the real Zedicus, I hope you will get your account back! PM theymos with your signed msg and proof. He will recover your account. Smiley

~~MZ~~

It is not that simple I am afraid, as it appears that the account was hacked and sold.
bayuo (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 07:54:49 AM

~~MZ~~

It is not that simple I am afraid, as it appears that the account was hacked and sold.

Its just beyond me at this point. The burden of proof has fallen on me and i have done my best to prove i am who i say i am and nothing has been done to corroborate the claims that my account was sold at all! Nothing has been shown to anyone about the said claims of my account being sold. All i got is some guy named "Quickseller" who claims i sold him my account when i did not!

I had a 36 character password on my account and unless i find out otherwise im leaning towards some sort of phishing that compromised my account. In fact common sense would tell you the guy named "Quickseller" is probably the owner of some phishing site and he sells the accounts that he steals here and the mods dont care and let him do it in plain site!!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=704370.msg7964147#msg7964147

You dont have to be a rocket scientist to figure this out and its plain as day that the mods dont care, ive msg'd mods 2-3 times and not a single reply! Its the equivalent of apple telling the owners of the accounts that were recently brute forced:  "Sorry, we are going to let the hackers keep your account", Its ridiculous. At least have the courtesy to look into the matter! If you run any-kind of community, you owe it to the users.

onlinepro

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:25:01 AM

Account selling is allowed.
That they are enrolled in sig campaign doesn't mean they are hacked.
Reason why they are in sig campaign most likely that it makes account more worthy so the seller was wise and enrolled them in them to make them more valuable.
Sorry fo your account though.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:33:25 AM

How to hack Bitcointalk accounts and keep them

1. Hack account.
2. Pretend to 'sell' your hacked account to someone else (that someone else being yourself, or a friend, etc)
3. When original account owner comes back and sends signed message for account restoration, claim that you legitimately bought the accoutn.
4. theymos doesn't restore the account back to the original owner
5. profit!

ABitNut

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:35:39 AM

Also the new "Zedicus" is pumping out posts like crazy. They have to make 400 posts a month, at BTC0.0012 per post. That is BTC0.48 per month.

If they bought it at BTC0.5 they will ROI pretty fast.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: